Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 1...Monday Night Football...New Orleans Saints!

I get it dude negativity is your thing. Do you. But I stand by what I said.. with you if we make a good play it’s ‘luck’ (the interception you mention) and yeah we only had 21, Saints only had 27 whose offense did you predict to be better going into the game?

There were positives in the game but your just “this sucks, that sucks, everything sucks” in EVERY POST

Watson was awesome. Hopkins was awesome.

I'm just not getting this. I can't see how any Texans fan can witness the last Texans drive & not be filled with hope.

Hyde, Duke, Stills, Tunsel... weren't on the team a week ago but all contributed quite a bit in this game.

I expected more from the defense. That last defensive series doesn't make any sense.

We lost the game on a 58 yard field goal. It's not like those things are automatic.

We should be filled with hope.

Two words:
O
Brein

This isn’t a game to be whining too much about. Plenty to whine about as always but this team is the best starting team we’ve ever had, I’m not sure it is close. Very excited to see them develop.

You must've forgot about Arian running all over the Peyton led colts in game 1 a few years ago.

This might've been the most exciting game but that arian 230 yard performance and essentially blowing away the Colts was the best opening game this team has had.

About Crennels play calling, someone over there has to be smarter.

You want the Saints to throw it deep there and then come up and make the tackle. They'd have been left with a timeout in their pocket. They barely had enough time with that short pass to get down and call a timeout. Anything longer and that's ball game. Db's should've been willing to give up a 15 to 20 yard pass with help over the top to come down and end the game.

Bite hard on shorter routes there. Get the pick or incompletion.

Or drew throws it further down field and you make the tackle and game over.

All that aside I realized I'm not a Texans fan anymore. I enjoyed the game and I support Houston but i realized i didnt give a damn whether they won or lost. I was just enjoying the game and was excited for the Saints big plays as much as the Texans. Watson is very good. Hyde the best rb we've had since Arian. The WR core is nice. The OL still sucks and the defense lost one of their best players and looked like it.

Would've been nice to have mercilus and Clowney. Who was opposite mercilus tonight? I dont even know.

I'll watch all their games and since they're Houstons team I'll enjoy whatever success they have but that kick that would've been a dagger to the heart a few years ago was just a wow the saint pulled it off moment.

On to next weeks drama . We'll see how it goes.

Every year we fill ourselves up with hope and leave disappointed.

Lots of poor decisions lead up that FG. Let’s not act like it happened in a vacuum. Yes it’s one helluva kick. Defense screwed up.

17 years in and not getting blown out is still something to celebrate around here.

I think week 1, it really is. Particularly by such a good team. It’s not just that we really probably had a higher chance of winning than they did when they went to kick that FG.

I get it, we’ve all been through it together. But this team is the best week 1 team the Texans have ever had. And I don’t think anyone can disagree that with this QB, nothing is impossible.

Nope.

Not like a QB kneeling behind the line. Ball and runner are live until touched down (or he runs out of bounds)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its a moot point since the receiver rolled into the DB as he was calling timeout.

Maybe, still just trying to understand why you call a prevent when there are only a few seconds left and all they need is a field goal.

Agreed, if Brees wants to try for a Hail Mary , Dave the day moment than let him. You’ve got a better chance of stopping that than a kicker that has been making 50+ all off season.

Lol at everyone crying over Clowney still. He may have helped in run defense, but the way the end of this game shaked out...I am positive he would have jumped a snap that resulted in a 1st and leading to a TD for the Saints. Pressure always gets him.
If you think the defense is better without Clowney you should........I’ll let others fill in the blank.

You must've forgot about Arian running all over the Peyton led colts in game 1 a few years ago.

This might've been the most exciting game but that arian 230 yard performance and essentially blowing away the Colts was the best opening game this team has had.

About Crennels play calling, someone over there has to be smarter.

You want the Saints to throw it deep there and then come up and make the tackle. They'd have been left with a timeout in their pocket. They barely had enough time with that short pass to get down and call a timeout. Anything longer and that's ball game. Db's should've been willing to give up a 15 to 20 yard pass with help over the top to come down and end the game.

You absolutely bight hard on shorter routes there. Get the pick or incompletion.

Or drew throws it further down field and you make the tackle and game over.

All that aside I realized I'm not a Texans fan anymore. I enjoyed the game and I support Houston but i realized i didnt give a damn whether they won or lost. I was just enjoying the game and was excited for the Saints big plays as much as the Texans. Watson is very good. Hyde the best rb we've had since Arian. The WR core is nice. The OL still sucks and the defense lost one of their best players and looked like i .

Would've been nice to have mercilus and Clowney. Who was opposite mercilus tonight? I dont even know.

I'll watch all their games and since they're Houstons team I'll enjoy whatever success they have but that kick that would've been a dagger to the heart a few years ago was just a wow the saint pulled it off moment.

On to next weeks dram . We'll see how it goes.

Hey, I understand. Been there, you know that. I’m excited, man.

Don’t disagree with your point about the D, I think they played it that way, I do t think the 10-15 yarder was supposed to be completed. More of a player mistake. They were leaving the 20-30 yarder wide open. But it’s week 1, guys **** up. Not all that surprising.

You know my history. But I can’t ever kick not rooting for the team. It’s just in me, part of who I am. How I do it may change, but it is what it is.

Rooting for them. I think this squad is definitely better than that squad that what the colts week 1. Those guys just weren’t ready to stop the run week 1. This Saints team looked in mid season form and our QB is by far the best we’ve ever had.

I’m excited, brother.

I think week 1, it really is. Particularly by such a good team. It’s not just that we really probably had a higher chance of winning than they did when they went to kick that FG.

I get it, we’ve all been through it together. But this team is the best week 1 team the Texans have ever had. And I don’t think anyone can disagree that with this QB, nothing is impossible.

As long as Watson is under center, we have a chance. He makes plays. That simple. Imagine a Kubes offense with DW4 throwing to AJ, and Nuk with Foster as the RB. Bruh...

No one at any point has said it’s better just that losing him shouldn’t be the complete defense collapse that some are claiming.

Defense with Clowney against top qbs last year gave up an average of 30 pts.....

Defense with Clowney last year in the playoffs..Marlon Mack 127 yds rushing.

Its mindboggling the lengths some are going to try to prove something.

You dense temper tantrum having baby. Did I say our coaches weren't dumb? Quote that for me and post it.
But you love losing because they are stupid. I don't. Exciting game, sure. But if Capers or Kubiak was the coach, this would have been a win.

We didn’t have to commit to him this year. He could be hear right now playing and we could actually get something decent for him next offseason or at least get a third rounder if he left. There is absolutely no justification for Clowney not being here right now. NONE!!!!

Well, it’s a 3rd further out, so it’s less valuable. Not that your point isn’t taken. He also signed in Seattle with contingencies on how they treated him contractually that would have changed our situation had we kept him. I think a lot of people aren’t acknowledging that point.

As long as Watson is under center, we have a chance. He makes plays. That simple. Imagine a Kubes offense with DW4 throwing to AJ, and Nuk with Foster as the RB. Bruh...

More like as long as Hopkins is out catching passes, we have a chance. Far and away the most important player on this offense. Without him: average at best.

We lost the one guy, and Mercilus showed that he can still play. I get they can both play at the same time on most downs, but the Clowney thing is being way overplayed. It made sense for us not to commit to him long term given the medical history. I’m fine with it.

No one denies the future contract situation but Clowney should be on this team right now for ~$16M. If his knee fell off during the season, so be it. He would have made a difference in our biggest weakness tonight. That is what is upsetting; not Clowney’s long term contract.

Every year we fill ourselves up with hope and leave disappointed.

Lots of poor decisions lead up that FG. Let’s not act like it happened in a vacuum. Yes it’s one helluva kick. Defense screwed up.

17 years in and not getting blown out is still something to celebrate around here.

Nobody said anything about celebrating.

Just imagine we killed another 10 seconds on our last drive. What would Saints fans be saying about their defense.

Bill O'Brien made mistakes. Sean Payton made mistakes.

I'm more interested in how we build on this game than I am the actual outcome. 1st game of the season. On the road. Monday night. Out of conference opponent.

Just imagine we killed another 10 seconds on our last drive. What would Saints fans be saying about their defense.

I'm more interested in how we build on this game than I am the actual outcome. 1st game of the season. On the road. Monday night. Out of conference opponent.
Yeah, the boys were too good on that drive, someone needed to waste a play and kill 10 seconds!

No one denies the future contract situation but Clowney should be on this team right now for ~$16M. If his knee fell off during the season, so be it. He would have made a difference in our biggest weakness tonight. That is what is upsetting; not Clowney’s long term contract.

Agreed 100%. Didn't care what they did long term but with a 1 to 2 year window, I'd rather have Clowney for that one year rather than the peanuts they traded him for.

I think assuming he plays for us under that contract, even if he has a relatively similar situation somewhere else is not seeing the situation fully. He wanted a long term deal here. We didn’t want to do that. I think he was going to hold out if he didn’t get it. The Texans acted as if that were the case.

That’s my interpretation. Obviously, it can’t be proved but seems based on what happened to be the case.

Long term it’s not a bad situation for us, but I agree that if we could have him short term on a 1 year contract, we should have done that.

Reactions: ROO

Payton has a ring and has delivered consistent winners. That’s the difference. He has clout.

This game kind of reminds me of the game the Texans had early in the season against the chargers when they pulled it out in the end...

Except this was a loss...and that team had a cratering Matt Schaub on his way to 2-14.

I say this team reminds me of that team in that I think they have some weaknesses that ultimately will cap their success level. But unlike that team this team has Deshaun Watson and some bomb ass receivers so this team will have a shot every week.

A ball carrier can give themselves up by going to the ground at anytime as long as they are clearly not trying to advance the ball.

This is from the NFL rule book:

when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and
making no effort to advance; or

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAXegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3v8hjq-g7Z661VjE4OHU6e

So, the ball is dead then? So, the tactic of leaving him is out of the question?

I hate OB. I'll lay off this week. I bitched and moaned all offseason. Still hate the offseason. Yet he put a good team out there today and the effort was there. That's wasnt a paper tiger win. With was darn good football by both teams.

OB is fine by me, this week

I'm just not getting this. I can't see how any Texans fan can witness the last Texans drive & not be filled with hope.

Hyde, Duke, Stills, Tunsel... weren't on the team a week ago but all contributed quite a bit in this game.

I expected more from the defense. That last defensive series doesn't make any sense.

We lost the game on a 58 yard field goal. It's not like those things are automatic.

We should be filled with hope.

THIS

The Saints blitzed the Texans heavily on 1st down, because they actually prepared for their opponent and know the Texans tendency to run play action passes on 1st and 10... So, over and over, the Texans ran slow developing play action passes right into the teeth of the blitz.... Finally, they were rescued from it with 50 seconds left to go in the game, because the situation dictated no more play action... All of a sudden, Watson has time to hit receivers downfield.

Obrien spends two timeouts for one review, which was not going to be overturned... not a big deal but symptomatic of an idiot.

Man exactly...... you can’t fix stupid man........ long developing plays all game and all of a sudden when we got down Watson is finding Guys in stride....... he’s a special kinda stupid this O Brien guy smh

We were expected to loose and yeah we should have won. Let’s embrace this l and move on. It’s simple things ob could do to be a better hc. Starting off the game, why not call short intermediate passes to test the o line? That’s what separates smart hc (bb, Sean Payton) from average hcs. I like what I saw from Tunsil and the line besides the opening start. Our cornerbacks suck. Bernard McKinney’s pretty good. JJ watt was doubled every play. Our defense will be average this year. We have a top 3 offense when fullers healthy. Good to see Stills grab a td. Offense impressed me. I kind of expected the defense to give up 30 points. Offense did it’s job. On to a easy win at Jacksonville. There backup qb played good vs chiefs. Hope the Texans don’t choke that one too

Back