Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Free Agent Activity involving Texans 2011

Holy crap can we confirm we have a deal in place with a CB and S already!!!!! I'm not getting anything done at work, I can't stop reading every site on the internet. I know we probably won't hear anything until Friday, but this is killing me, and my internet usage hours are going through the roof.

@ClaytonESPNJohn Clayton

Just discussed Chris Mortensen storry on sports center. Mort reports Pittsburgh and Giants might take him back

6 minutes agovia yoono

Freaking Twitter. How does it work?

espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
. @MelvinBullitt33 tells @JMV1070 he heard from the #Texans. #Colts

Well it looks like we are looking at safeties at least. Can't blame Bullit for sticking with his guys, and definitely can't blame Weddle for becoming the richest safety ever.

LanceZierleinLance Zierlein

Said member of Texans organization, "You aren't buying into this 'we might not have cap room' stuff, are you?" Texans must come w/big offer

43 seconds ago

Lance is on a roll the last few minutes.

@LanceZierlein Lance Zierlein
There are people in the Texans building who want Rick to sign 2 CBs in FA & not just one. Nate Clements could be one & C.Rogers the other?

They need to make up their mind.

I hope that's resign as in cut and not resign as in re-sign.

Nah it's nothing but just a jab at how things usually go. Because of "Something is about to go down for the Texans." I was guessing it'd just be the Texans reupping one of their own guys again.

Nah it's nothing but just a jab at how things usually go. Because of "Something is about to go down for the Texans." I was guessing it'd just be the Texans reupping one of their own guys again.
Whew...I can put the drano back under the sink....

A_Cromartie31Antonio Cromartie

@

@CodyRoark HAM Ain't even the word...I will show and prove to everyone who the best DB is...playing with a big a** chip on my shoulders

5 minutes ago

PAY THE MAN RICK!:fans:

Cromartie is a knucklehead that gets by a lot on athleticism. I can see him becoming the new scapegoat/whipping boy for us fans. I don't want him, but he's better than nothing.

Well, I'm not gonna say he was particularly high on my wish list, but Dale should be happy:

Link from AJ's tweet

Great signing! As bad as Bulman was as a 4-3 DE, he's perfect for a 3-4. By perfect, I mean as depth. We still need another player or two on the DL, though Aubrayo Franklin and Cullen Jenkins may be priced out of our range, Ty Warren was released and expressed interest in Houston today... Also, Marcus Spears is available. I think we need one more guy that can have an impact in the rotation.

Great signing! As bad as Bulman was as a 4-3 DE, he's perfect for a 3-4. By perfect, I mean as depth. We still need another player or two on the DL, though Aubrayo Franklin and Cullen Jenkins may be priced out of our range, Ty Warren was released and expressed interest in Houston today... Also, Marcus Spears is available. I think we need one more guy that can have an impact in the rotation.

Just read that but 2 things concern me:

1) His hip injury last year. They say it is 100% healed but it leads to #2

2) He failed his conditioning test. His physical was fine though.

Signs a vet minimum for a 1 year deal I would try.

No terms given (Probably one year), but it appears the Texans just re-signed exclusive rights FA Arian Foster. (Oh yeah, Brisiel and Studdard too).
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
The Texans have re-signed free agents Arian Foster, Mike Brisiel, Rashad Butler, Matt Leinart, Damione Lewis and Kasey Studdard

No terms given (Probably one year), but it appears the Texans just re-signed exclusive rights FA Arian Foster. (Oh yeah, Brisiel and Studdard too).

Brisiel & Studdard????

Don't make sense to me. We should be able to cut the cord on one of these two by now.

Brisiel actually sees game time on the regular, I'll assume that means he's better than Studdard.........

should have been a no brainer. Dump Studdard continue grooming Shelly

Brisiel & Studdard????

Don't make sense to me. We should be able to cut the cord on one of these two by now.

Brisiel actually sees game time on the regular, I'll assume that means he's better than Studdard.........

Just because they're on the team now doesn't mean they'll make the actual roster, Studdard in particular.

Brisiel & Studdard????

As somebody pointed out in another thread, as of earlier today, the Texans were still eleven bodies short of the ninety man training camp roster.

As somebody pointed out in another thread, as of earlier today, the Texans were still eleven bodies short of the ninety man training camp roster.

I posted something like that. I had us 11 short, but rechecked and found we were only 8 short. That's cut to 3 by my count.

Bring in Sepulveda, Vickers, and ?

This isn't technically Free Agent Activity involving Texans, but some here were interested in bringing him back.

JasonLaCantora said:
Pats announce signing of veteran DE Mark Anderson. Have been looking at edge players

Back