Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Free Agent Activity involving Texans 2011

reports saying that jacksonville has agreed upon a deal for Paul Posluszny from the bills

and they are trying to land either eric weddle or dawn landry.
WTF y the jaguars (of all teams) being so active i want either weddle or landry if jacksonville can sign them y can't we :brickwall:

LaConfora at nfl.com.

Either the Texans have their man and keeping really damn quiet about it or no one told them the lockout ended.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the optimist in me is wondering if the Texans haven't agreed to terms with Aso, but they are foliowing their typical MO of keeping it a complete secret until it is 100% official.
IIRC, they've been pretty consistent as a team that makes absolutely no statements regarding transactions until they are official.

/optimism

... back in Texans realityville, I fully expect to hear that we've lost out on the best FAs while attempting to pursue urnealistic signings.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the optimist in me is wondering if the Texans haven't agreed to terms with Aso, but they are foliowing their typical MO of keeping it a complete secret until it is 100% official.
IIRC, they've been pretty consistent as a team that makes absolutely no statements regarding transactions until they are official.

/optimism

... back in Texans realityville, I fully expect to hear that we've lost out on the best FAs while attempting to pursue urnealistic signings.

News of that magnitude would've leaked by now imo. I hope it's true, but not counting on it. Texans need to be aggressive, they have no other option if they want to show the fans they are serious about the playoffs.

News of that magnitude would've leaked by now imo. I hope it's true, but not counting on it. Texans need to be aggressive, they have no other option if they want to show the fans they are serious about the playoffs.

Unfortunately for fans, snake oil comes cheap. Sell lots of it; make lots of profit.

Aso will be choosing a ring & city ... money will be the same.

Question: Can Smithiak sell Houston to him?

/optimism

Illegitimi non carborundum, lol.

Quinton Mikell signs with the Rams.
I was hoping he would be our backup plan if we couldn't land Weddle.

I guess we'd better be sure we get Weddle.

Warning! The following post may contain extreme dorkiness. Reader discretion advised.

With that out of the way, I just wanted to say that Eric Weddle reminds me of a pokemon called Weedle. Weedle was a pretty useless pokemon, but maybe it evolved into something interesting...I don't know.

weedle.gif

Must spread rep for the reference. Beedrill (the pokemon Weedle evolved into) was lame, though.

It's all about that butterfree maaaan!

As far as Free agency goes...Looks like Texans are holding true to form and not signing any big name players. Building through the draft the right way and on the right track Yadda yadda yadda....

Players are only getting "Agreements" right now, not actual signings
there haven't been "agreements" with new teams today anyway besides UDFA's the most action was from re-signings

I agree.

I figured if we were going to get Nnamdi, we would have known by now.

I don't think it's going to happen.

c'est la vie

So does that mean no one gets Nnamdi?

The Jets fans don't know, neither the Ravens, Cowboys, Bucs or any other team fans.

It's clear to me that Nnamdi has not agreed to any deal and is weighing his options or that whoever he has agreed with is being very very quiet about it.

EDIT: Schefter just confirmed as much too. He said Nnamdi is taking his time we may not know until Friday. Said The Bucs and Ravens are lurking but the Texans and Jets are the most likely.

I think whoever gets an agreement from him will like to have that done before then though so they can plan. Would hate to have the Texans miss out on FAs because they are focused on getting Nnamdi and comes Friday he signs elsewhere. I'm sure ever other team on Nnamdi's list thinks the same.

So does that mean no one gets Nnamdi?

The Jets fans don't know, neither the Ravens, Cowboys, Bucs or any other team fans.

It's clear to me that Nnamdi has not agreed to any deal and is weighing his options or that whoever he has agreed with is being very very quiet about it.

EDIT: Schefter just confirmed as much too. He said Nnamdi is taking his time we may not know until Friday. Said The Bucs and Ravens are lurking but the Texans and Jets are the most likely.

I think whoever gets an agreement from him will like to have that done before then though so they can plan. Would hate to have the Texans miss out on FAs because they are focused on getting Nnamdi and comes Friday he signs elsewhere. I'm sure ever other team on Nnamdi's list thinks the same.

I was just getting ready to post the same thing, just different words.

If we were guaranteed to NOT get him that would mean he signed somewhere else and that would be out. I'm hoping that the Texans are just being quiet as usual and will announce the signing on Friday when he signs on the dotted line.

SOmeone tell the Texans FO that "being aggressive in FA" doesnt mean signing your own 2nd stringers and a bunch of UFA's.

I just have a feeling that the Texans are going to disappoint. I think they are gonna play that same old tired ass line that they tried, but in the end the two sides couldn't reach an agreement. Then, they will sign some third rate CB, and say they have faith in their young players. I would never be so happy to be wrong in my life.

We talked about this during the lock-out.

It's not just about how much money we're willing to throw at him. It's also about where he wants to play.

There are, and have to be, limits to how much we're willing to pay. That doesn't have anything to do with Bob being cheap.

Getting one of the top safeties has to be a priority as well as getting one of the top CBs.

I want Aso in a Texans uni, but if he's got his heart set on NY, let's move on and get what we can get to improve our secondary.

Hearing less and less about Weddle to the Jags so hopefully that was an erroneus report.

As far as FA goes, if we don't get Nnamdi I don't think all is lost as there are a few other corners available who will be upgrades (and thank god the Steelers re-signed Taylor. I think that makes everybody happy).

Hearing less and less about Weddle to the Jags so hopefully that was an erroneus report.

As far as FA goes, if we don't get Nnamdi I don't think all is lost as there are a few other corners available who will be upgrades (and thank god the Steelers re-signed Taylor. I think that makes everybody happy).

Weddle is planning on visiting Minnesota, Indy and Cleveland per ESPN rumors. No mention of Jags or Texans visits for him. If he gets past those three cities without an offer, I will be very surprised. (fingers crossed for the Browns)

Weddle is planning on visiting Minnesota, Indy and Cleveland per ESPN rumors. No mention of Jags or Texans visits for him. If he gets past those three cities without an offer, I will be very surprised. (fingers crossed for the Browns)

He cannot visit any of those places till Friday.

Watching a Texans FA period with Rick Smith running the show is more frustrating then watching lock out news.

So do you cut Danny-O now?

He's due to make $2.75M this season so if he doesn't take a paycut like last year then I think it'd be wise to cut him. Assumption from me is Leinart has shown Kubiak at least a little something in order to get a new contract. Schaub, Leinart, Yates? Probably saves $2.5MM almost.

He's due to make $2.75M this season so if he doesn't take a paycut like last year then I think it'd be wise to cut him. Assumption from me is Leinart has shown Kubiak at least a little something in order to get a new contract. Schaub, Leinart, Yates? Probably saves $2.5MM almost.

Leinart?

Isn't he in Seattle? So if we cut Dan O, we only have Yates to backup Schaub.

Well the Texans seem to be on the outside looking in. Is this thier plan sign all our free agents and be a dollar short and a day late on any player that would help our defense? This is so frustrating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Jets Santonio Holmes will only count $2.45M against 2011 cap. $1M base salary, per source. #nyj

How in the world?

Now that's manipulating the salary cap.

Makes sense if they sign Aso or re-sign more of their players (Edwards, Cromartie)

I just can't see how the Jets can sign anyone other than who they have. Ever since Rex Ryan got there they went ape sh*t signing Free Agents left and right. I think the Jet's are Enroning it, hahahahahaha.

Back