Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Fire Frank Bush

For the record, I have been pretty damn optimistic about this team and why not? We are 4-2 but I just hope they can fix the defense asap

I just don't know if bush is the guy that is going to do it. He hasn't shown me much to get excited about but his d has made enough plays to help us reach 4-2

McNair is cheap... That was for bill ;)

For the record, I have been pretty damn optimistic about this team and why not? We are 4-2 but I just hope they can fix the defense asap

I just don't know if bush is the guy that is going to do it. He hasn't shown me much to get excited about but his d has made enough plays to help us reach 4-2

McNair is cheap... That was for bill ;)

After the 5th game last year, people were raving about how well the defense under Bush looked compared to Smith's. The players are certainly not playing well, and I am not sure why. Part of it may be that Bush is trying to throw wrinkles in that the players are not comfortable with, or they are thinking too much. Maybe that is what Kubiak meant by needing to simplfy. If they don't turn it around, then yeah, Bush needs to be gone.

you do realize this FIRE KUBIAK thread is about as old as your tired act, right?

just keep being a one trick pony who thinks he is cool for some reason. trust me, you're not.

personally, i think everyone is being pretty positive about the team. no we may not hold the blind Hitler Youth loyalty that you show, but that is because we actually have a brain and use it.

Probably had a second honeymoon cause you were too busy the first one trying to find an old used up dead dictator to reference to me. Fire Kubiak and Fire Bush threads this early in the season for a team that is 4 and 2 is not only pathetic but down right stupid. It sure is fasinating to see how I get your panties in a wad by saying so also. Yall can keep your seats on the couch while I stand behind the Texans and hope for a playoff run this season.

OK I'm not one for posting in these kind of threads. I'm thinking that a very significant improvement has to be made for Frank Bush to keep his job. There's no excuse for what we are seeing out there.

OK I'm not one for posting in these kind of threads. I'm thinking that a very significant improvement has to be made for Frank Bush to keep his job. There's no excuse for what we are seeing out there.
bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

Probably had a second honeymoon cause you were too busy the first one trying to find an old used up dead dictator to reference to me. Fire Kubiak and Fire Bush threads this early in the season for a team that is 4 and 2 is not only pathetic but down right stupid. It sure is fasinating to see how I get your panties in a wad by saying so also. Yall can keep your seats on the couch while I stand behind the Texans and hope for a playoff run this season.

"my name is Joe and I am from Texas
and I got spirit, so check my out"

*shakes pom poms*

if you must know, the 2nd honeymoon was in reference to my 2nd honeymoon with the team and with this board. i was here when this board first started and I got banned for being a bit vitriolic. my first user name was 'honeymoon is over' when this board first started, as in 'the honeymoon is over with this team, its time to win'....so please keep your divorce smack to yourself. i am happily married and have 2 fine young daughters who I would never leave without a father.

oh and newsflash, these threads are years old. no one just started these.

but go grab your pompoms and do some more cheers for us, 'super fan'.

My problem with our defense is simple..

In the famous words of Ruby Rhod..

"It was bad! It had nothing, no fire, no energy, no nothing! You know I have a show to run here, you know? And, it must pop, pop, pop! So, tomorrow, from five to seven, will you please act like you have move than a two word vocabulary! It must be green, okay? Okay?"

<excellent picture>

In all that yesteday I somehow missed reading this post. Too bad, that was funny.

Supergreen-1.jpg

Im not saying fire Frank, but there is a lack of logic here.

You mean to tell me you'll blitz Peyton ALL DAY LONG, But play vanilla against Eli, Romo, and Cassel?

Makes no sense.

I think the losses of Barwin and Bulman have hurt us more than we realized. Barwin is the second best pass rusher on the team. When he went down, Peyton and every other QB rolling through town has had all day to find an open receiver. With the talent level of receivers in this league, you give a QB more than 4 seconds, and he's GOING to find somebody. I think the problem with the D is more on the pass rush than the secondary. I'm not cutting the secondary any slack here, mind you, but a good pass rush makes even average defensive backs look great.

I think the losses of Barwin and Bulman have hurt us more than we realized. Barwin is the second best pass rusher on the team. When he went down, Peyton and every other QB rolling through town has had all day to find an open receiver. With the talent level of receivers in this league, you give a QB more than 4 seconds, and he's GOING to find somebody. I think the problem with the D is more on the pass rush than the secondary. I'm not cutting the secondary any slack here, mind you, but a good pass rush makes even average defensive backs look great.

I have to disagree with you here. The Texans have been getting pressure on any qb that had to hold the ball 3 sec. or more. Most of the damage has been done in the short intermediate routes where the qb can get rid of the ball quick.

We definitely need more push up the middle, and Cody did pretty good this last game. But I really think that our lb group has been our biggest deficit. They do not have the confidence they had at the end of last year. And without 'Meco, it is going to be hard for them to get it back. Gotta hope that Bently or Sharpton steps up big time, or the offense will have to carry us through. I think we can do well against the run, but screens, draws & dump offs are going to kill us if the lb group doesn't gel.

if you must know, the 2nd honeymoon was in reference to my 2nd honeymoon with the team and with this board. i was here when this board first started and I got banned for being a bit vitriolic. my first user name was 'honeymoon is over' when this board first started, as in 'the honeymoon is over with this team, its time to win'....so please keep your divorce smack to yourself. i am happily married and have 2 fine young daughters who I would never leave without a father.

we might have to let those kids know how daddy fantacizes about Joe Texan in a chearleader outfit. ANd if youve been banned once it is quite possible it could happen again, maybe for personal attacks.

Second Honeymoon and others tired of this hack, I watch this everytime that buffoon Joe Texan rants, I just watch him get owned and rant like a jackass...

Seems you need to be investigated for stalking, and just so you know I got the football and the Tickets so enjoy while its free. Those sure are big words you use what you learned them in school, Like I said Personal attacks will get you nowhere on this board.

"my name is Joe and I am from Texas
and I got spirit, so check my out"

*shakes pom poms*

but go grab your pompoms and do some more cheers for us, 'super fan'.

we might have to let those kids know how daddy fantacizes about Joe Texan in a chearleader outfit. ANd if youve been banned once it is quite possible it could happen again, maybe for personal attacks.
Seems you need to be investigated for stalking, and just so you know I got the football and the Tickets so enjoy while its free. Those sure are big words you use what you learned them in school, Like I said Personal attacks will get you nowhere on this board.

I found a picture of cheerleader joe texan online.

cheerleader.jpg

I have to disagree with you here. The Texans have been getting pressure on any qb that had to hold the ball 3 sec. or more. Most of the damage has been done in the short intermediate routes where the qb can get rid of the ball quick.

We definitely need more push up the middle, and Cody did pretty good this last game. But I really think that our lb group has been our biggest deficit. They do not have the confidence they had at the end of last year. And without 'Meco, it is going to be hard for them to get it back. Gotta hope that Bently or Sharpton steps up big time, or the offense will have to carry us through. I think we can do well against the run, but screens, draws & dump offs are going to kill us if the lb group doesn't gel.

Cody is what he is, a run stuffer. He isn't great against the pass, but I think is pretty decent DT. Zerokoye is a way bigger problem.

...ANd if youve been banned once it is quite possible it could happen again, maybe for personal attacks....

.... Like I said Personal attacks will get you nowhere on this board.

Careful what you wish for / preach.

All of your couch drivel is giving me a headache, Yall couldn't defend yourselves out of a wet paper bag so STFU. And I am sorry Herv I do not take up your bad habbits of wearing womens skirts around cheering ....

Probably had a second honeymoon cause you were too busy the first one trying to find an old used up dead dictator to reference to me. ....

we might have to let those kids know how daddy fantacizes about Joe Texan in a chearleader outfit......

As for the topic of the thread... not 100% sure if this is a Frank Bush thing or just an "advanced scheme" thing. Relatively same players and coaches as last year and they turned it on after 3 games or so. What's changed over the offseason and so far this season that they come out relatively flat and quite a bit worse 6 games into the season?

Defintely a head scratcher (since there's a few other related threads on defense) - what seems to make most sense was mentioned in another thread on lack of trust in teammates on doing their duty and staying in their spot / playing role that it may be just a "gotta cover for someone else" when that person is not doing job one first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDa5M8_vcSE

Second Honeymoon and others tired of this hack, I watch this everytime that buffoon Joe Texan rants, I just watch him get owned and rant like a jackass...

In my best Ron Jaworski voice:

"Let's see what happened on the play. You will see Joe has a big hat. It's way bigger than a hat should be. The hat gives him initial momentum into the blocker. But that's where things start to unravel for Joe. His hat causes him to loose control of his feet. And he fails to win the hand-fighting battle at the point of attack. Joe obviously has bad technique there. He then lets the blocker get under his arm pits. And he got pushed. Clear out of the play. He tries to argue with the officials. After the play. But the crew does not see things Joe's way."

LOL. I need David Anderson to narrate that as a YouTube response.

Just so you know, Joe, that post I just made was NOT actually Ron Jaworski commentating on your pass rushing technique.

It was just another of my "toilet" posts, as you call them.

Just wanted to get that cleared up before you hit the submit button too quickly. On a more serious note, I thought you really churned your legs well on that play and you almost had him...but he got under your shoulder pads and that's where the leverage comes into play. The blocker was legal: It was a good no-call by the officiating crew.

:texflag:

This should have happened along time ago!! His defense couldn't cover me, 5' 8' 210lbs, on a go route. I can't believe there isn't a better defensive coordinator available, even this late in the season.

With all of the talk about firing GK, I'm maybe just a little surprised that there hasn't been more of a vocal call for Frank Bush's head. After all, THAT is where the overwhelming problem lies. We (literally) can't get any worse on defense, so why not make a change there and see what happens? FB came on last season and raised our defensive performance. I think it's highly likely that his message has worn out its welcome. That result is typical of people who are high on hype and low on substance. They can create a little improvement for a limited time, but long-term success is rarely achieved.

I've been a generally very positive fan, but the longer FB has a job, the more pissed I become at GK. Seriously, GK....are you willing to take the bullet for FB?

Do it......NOW.

I'd be willing to keep Kubiak around for another year if they fired Bush and hired a solid DC (Wade Phillips, anyone?)

I haven't seen any quotes from Kubiak yet on why he went for it on 4th when they were in field goal range.. however, I did think that they needed to just take the 3 points while you have a basic chip shot but I was also thinking "well I don't blame them for going for it, the defense is getting drilled.. a first down here would eat some more time and keep the defense off the field and also 4 new downs to try to get 7"

I haven't seen any quotes from Kubiak yet on why he went for it on 4th when they were in field goal range.. however, I did think that they needed to just take the 3 points while you have a basic chip shot but I was also thinking "well I don't blame them for going for it, the defense is getting drilled.. a first down here would eat some more time and keep the defense off the field and also 4 new downs to try to get 7"

Yes.....there's no way you could have rationally trusted the defense, so I'd have to say that I can't blame him for that either. I remember seeing quotes from our offense that state that they need to score at least 30 points to win. That is unacceptable. We can't do any worse. Make a change, now.

When the Texans defense was so bad that Richard Smith had to be fired, Kubiak promoted a coach from that same atrocious defensive unit. So it's all on Kubiak. He had a track record with Frank Bush, he knew what Frank Bush was about, and he made the decision to promote from within without even seriously considering an external candidate.

It's like when Capers promoted the OL coach (OL coach!!) after firing Palmer. It's just not smart.

I just reviewed the game on DVR and we are working on some video at TBB. Anyway, you know who really, really sucks?:

Mario Williams!

With all of the talk about firing GK, I'm maybe just a little surprised that there hasn't been more of a vocal call for Frank Bush's head. After all, THAT is where the overwhelming problem lies. We (literally) can't get any worse on defense, so why not make a change there and see what happens? FB came on last season and raised our defensive performance. I think it's highly likely that his message has worn out its welcome. That result is typical of people who are high on hype and low on substance. They can create a little improvement for a limited time, but long-term success is rarely achieved.

I've been a generally very positive fan, but the longer FB has a job, the more pissed I become at GK. Seriously, GK....are you willing to take the bullet for FB?

Do it......NOW.

Gary has already had his chance to fire the DC, and hire a new one and that's what he did he hired Frank Bush. You only get to fire one DC before it's your head.

When the Texans defense was so bad that Richard Smith had to be fired, Kubiak promoted a coach from that same atrocious defensive unit. So it's all on Kubiak. He had a track record with Frank Bush, he knew what Frank Bush was about, and he made the decision to promote from within without even seriously considering an external candidate.

It's like when Capers promoted the OL coach (OL coach!!) after firing Palmer. It's just not smart.

If Kubiak is going to come back next year he can't have any say in who we bring in to replace Bush. I can't take another Friend of Kubiak tm sitting around being Mr. Untouchable.

When Kubiak fired Richard Smith he had the opportunity to hire a real DC like Gregg Williams, who wound up going to New Orleans and creating a Super Bowl winning defense. Instead Kubiak took no interviews, made no effort to look outside the organization, and hired his friend Frank Bush. I think Kubiak wants a bunch of yes men around him, those that won't disagree with him or threaten his tenure as HC if he fails to succeed. Now he's got a group of subservient coaches and we suck. Bush may suck as a DC but Kubiak is the one that hired him and put his faith in him and now Bush is the albatross around Kubiak's neck.

When Kubiak fired Richard Smith he had the opportunity to hire a real DC like Gregg Williams, who wound up going to New Orleans and creating a Super Bowl winning defense. Instead Kubiak took no interviews, made no effort to look outside the organization, and hired his friend Frank Bush. I think Kubiak wants a bunch of yes men around him, those that won't disagree with him or threaten his tenure as HC if he fails to succeed. Now he's got a group of subservient coaches and we suck. Bush may suck as a DC but Kubiak is the one that hired him and put his faith in him and now Bush is the albatross around Kubiak's neck.

I did not have a problem with the hire. I believe a head coach should have the right to hire his coordinators. Furthermore, I believe that sometimes an inexperienced hire may be the best one. However, it is failing miserably and Kubiak is undoubtedly responsible for it. I agree that Bush's failing is Kubiak's failing.

:thinking: from last July

Damn good read. My favorite paragraph from the article:

As others have pointed out in the past, the Texans defense seems to try to walk a tightrope between Cover 2 and the 4-3 under. The linebackers are too skilled and tall to be Cover 2 "guys", but the tackles are too light to hold the nose in a 4-3 under. The base formation is the 4-3 under, yet Bush seems to play just as much zone defense as his predecessor, despite the secondary performing markedly worse whilst doing it. When the Texans played the Colts, they didn't even bother with the 4-3 and went straight to Cover 2 Shell for the entire game. Paraphrasing from a CBS dropped quote during one of the Texans-Colts games last year, Reggie Wayne essentially said something like, "You know what you get when you play the Texans defense, so I'd rather play them." Ouch.

The tackles are too light? I can't imagine where I've ever heard that.

For Kubiak to keep his job he needs to:

1) Stop calling his own games. Let the OC do that. Kubiak is a terrible game day coach and makes WAY too many boneheaded moves on Sundays. No more: "That's on me." Let it be on someone else.

2) Fire Frank Bush and hire a real DC---a really good, accomplished DC---and let him completely take over the defense and make all the decisions on that side of the ball.

For Kubiak to keep his job he needs to:

1) Stop calling his own games. Let the OC do that. Kubiak is a terrible game day coach and makes WAY too many boneheaded moves on Sundays. No more: "That's on me." Let it be on someone else.

2) Fire Frank Bush and hire a real DC---a really good, accomplished DC---and let him completely take over the defense and make all the decisions on that side of the ball.

I happen to diagree with you here. I think part of the problem with the offense is that he is letting Dennison call the plays.

24 27 27 24 34 31 30 29
I bet everyone knows exactly what those numbers without thinking twice.

I guess TK would take the last 4 of those numbers and say:

"The defense allowed fewer points over the last 4 games. They're
getting better! It's still the YOUNGEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL!!"

You know your defense is bad when your offense is your defense.

I happen to diagree with you here. I think part of the problem with the offense is that he is letting Dennison call the plays.

He admitted the 4th Down quick-sneak call that failed so miserably was "on him."

That kind of thing doesn't happen if you're watching the game from upstairs.

Kubiak couldn't see how far they had to move the ball from where he stood.

It wasn't 4th and a 1/2 yard. It was 4th and a yard and 1/2. You don't do a quick sneak in that situation.

He admitted the 4th Down quick-sneak call that failed so miserably was "on him."

That kind of thing doesn't happen if you're watching the game from upstairs.

Kubiak couldn't see how far they had to move the ball from where he stood.

It wasn't 4th and a 1/2 yard. It was 4th and a yard and 1/2. You don't do a quick sneak in that situation.

He always says it's on him. That's what he does. And I think too much is being made of the 4th down yardage. He said that because Dreesen was tackled right in front of him, that he thought they needed about a 1/2 yard. The spot wound up being 1 yd.

If you want to call him out for that 1/2 yd, go right ahead. I think there is a lot more to call him out about than that.

Aha! See, we do agree. ;-))

Pretty much. I just thinking the board melting for that 4th down call is pure over-reaction. That one play did not cost us the game. If people were honest, they would be calling out #80 for costing us that game.

Pretty much. I just thinking the board melting for that 4th down call is pure over-reaction. That one play did not cost us the game. If people were honest, they would be calling out #80 for costing us that game.

Maybe I'm an Andre fanboy but I can't put much of the outcome of this game on the O. Sure there were some mistakes made but you gave up 4 passing TD's to Phillip Rivers and a bunch of dudes who have not been meaningful starters. . . ever? The defense has had two games in the last week that should have been "get well" games as a multitude of starters were out on the opposing offenses. Not only did they not capitalize, they looked absolutely JV against them.

I want Bush to be fired into the sun, but I just can't help in thinking that even if they get a new coordinator on defense they'll still be bad. Maybe we'll get a 3-4 guy but without a lot of FA acquisitions, I can't see them being much better than the bottom 1/3 of the league.

Still, Fire Frank Bush (Since Kubiak probably doesn't get the axe unless we go 6-10 or worse).

If people were honest, they would be calling out #80 for costing us that game.

Well, except you don't call out your superstar for one slip-up every blue moon. That dude has bailed our ass out for at least two wins that could/should have been losses this season alone.

Kareem Jackson takes a lot of the blame---and God bless the poor guy. He's making millions of dollars so you can't feel too sorry for him, but you don't throw a young man to the wolves like that and then keep him there week in and week out when he's so clearly in over his head. That, again, is on Kubiak.

Well, except you don't call out your superstar for one slip-up every blue moon. That dude has bailed our ass out for at least two wins that could/should have been losses this season alone.

Kareem Jackson takes a lot of the blame---and God bless the poor guy. He's making millions of dollars so you can't feel too sorry for him, but you don't throw a young man to the wolves like that and then keep him there week in and week out when he's so clearly in over his head. That, again, is on Kubiak.

Agree, but if that pass would have been caught or knocked down, we probably win that game.

Back