Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Embarrassed to be from Houston!!

wildroot said:
A couple things...

The problem I have with the pick is not with the pick itself, but that we didn't trade down or get something for giving up Bush. Enough teams in the top 3 or 4 wanted Bush bad enough that we could have gotten SOMETHING of value for by-passing on Bush.

I don't care how great Mario ever gets, There's no way LT impacts a game more than Emmitt does considering you can put the ball in Emmitt's hands every offensive play if you want.

I love the Titans 1st 2 picks. I realize the fans don't run the team, but boy, they sure could have filled some seats and still come out with VY and LenDale, and, still could have traded off Carr for someone of real value (maybe a high profile DE?) in return. I just don't think the Texans capitalized on the value that that was theirs with the #1 pick in the draft. Again, I think Mario will be a wonderful player, but not worthy of the #1 slot. By choosing him and not working out some kind of deal with NO or Tennesse to trade down, the Texans didn't get the value out of that #1 pick that was theirs.

Still a Texans fan, may not agree with what they did, but it's their right to do it.

So you dig this post up??

Since you're into reading old posts, you should read the ones posted days-months before this one....... There was no trade to be had. This was a very deep draft, and as talented as Reggie was, loosing say D'Brick, trading up to get Reggie, and giving up the #29 (Nick Mangold to replace Mawae) just wasn't worth it. They contacted the Saints to try to move up, but couldn't put together a package the Saints thought was worthy of their #2. There were no moves by any team in/out of the top 10...... that should tell you something. If we were to trade down, it would've been out of the top 10. We wouldn't have got D'Brick, Mario, AJ, Vernon...... Huff... or Reggie.

We got the guy we wanted...... that should be good enough for the fans.

Whatever you want, Points-per-game....... we'll score it... 24?? 30?? we can do it. Now we'll be able to stop the other team from doing the same.

Back