Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Embarrassed to be from Houston!!

X_Texan_fan

Practice Squad
Without a doubt, the Texans made the dumbest move in the history of a draft in any sport. This organization has proven time and time again that it is completely incapable of making intelligent decisions. This was a no-brainer move to draft Reggie.

We keep hearing about how this is a business. Name another business that would spit in the faces of their own customers the way the Texans have done?????? They have infuriated their OWN FAN BASE and have alienated themselves at the same time.

I wonder how many people are flocking to Academy right about now to purchase their Mario Williams' jerseys and other Texan merchandise? The fans HAD something to get excited about this offseason in Bush and now what do we have?????? I am sure people will be waiting to pay hard earned dollars on tickets to see Williams line up and rush the passer.

Get used to fans with paper bags over their heads, lost merchandise revenue, blackouts on tv, etc because that is what they are going to get. The Texans franchise is circeling the drain!!

I was embarrassed giving up 40+ points on a Sunday night on national TV against the Seahawks.. and if I am not mistaken it was back to back 40+ games
:bag:

X_Texan_fan said:
Without a doubt, the Texans made the dumbest move in the history of a draft in any sport. This organization has proven time and time again that it is completely incapable of making intelligent decisions. This was a no-brainer move to draft Reggie.

We keep hearing about how this is a business. Name another business that would spit in the faces of their own customers the way the Texans have done?????? They have infuriated their OWN FAN BASE and have alienated themselves at the same time.

I wonder how many people are flocking to Academy right about now to purchase their Mario Williams' jerseys and other Texan merchandise? The fans HAD something to get excited about this offseason in Bush and now what do we have?????? I am sure people will be waiting to pay hard earned dollars on tickets to see Williams line up and rush the passer.

Get used to fans with paper bags over their heads, lost merchandise revenue, blackouts on tv, etc because that is what they are going to get. The Texans franchise is circeling the drain!!

well good bye you will be missed you and all of youre Countless post sorry we never took Reggie like we needed another bust from California to ruin this franchise.:stirpot:

X_Texan_fan said:

That's ridiculous. This was the smartest move by far. Who cares what the media hype says? The same media was all ga-ga over Blair Thomas, Lawrence Phillips and countless others who were so-called "can't miss" folks. There are lots of football people who are saying that Williams will improve the Texans a lot more than Bush would have. And I fully agree. And this isn't about lost merchandise revenue. This is all about winning games and improving the squad. And creating turnovers wins games.

Wolf said:
I was embarrassed giving up 40+ points on a Sunday night on national TV against the Seahawks.. and if I am not mistaken it was back to back 40+ games

Reggie Bush would have scored 41+ by himself. :rolleyes: Seriously the Reggie man crush has reached Chuck Norris jokes level.

X_Texan_fan said:

How can you say any of this They have not played one NFL down, and it sounds like you are calling Mario Williams a bust. I would pay for A NFL ticket to watch a Defense lineman take a QB's head off or make a QB rush his throw and have a DB or LB pick the ball off.

jerek said:
Reggie Bush would have scored 41+ by himself, you fool. :rolleyes: Seriously the Reggie man crush has reached Chuck Norris jokes level.

too funny, only Reggie could see the Chuckster's roundhouse coming :yahoo:

I wonder how many people are flocking to Academy right about now to purchase their Mario Williams' jerseys and other Texan merchandise?
Get used to fans with paper bags over their heads, lost merchandise revenue

Now what does selling merchandise have to do with winning games?

How in the world can you honestly say that Williams will improve this team more than Reggie????????? I have yet to hear 1 person in the media or a single fan on the talk radio say that this was a smart move.

X_Texan_fan said:
How in the world can you honestly say that Williams will improve this team more than Reggie????????? I have yet to hear 1 person in the media or a single fan on the talk radio say that this was a smart move.

Well, there is your problem, your source for football knowledge is sports talk radio callers

X_Texan_fan said:

****, if it's on the radio, it must be true. Listen closely, you will pick it up.

I think they just realized with the scheme Kubian is bringing in, Davis will excel as will Vernand Morency.. plus Bush wanted alot more money, he may of been a hold out and they prolly couldent sign him before the draft. I think they felt getting a Julius Peppers type would help their their team out overall, especially their defense... We got a peppers type player, a smart athletic LB, and a tackle and a guard to help us out... give it some time

X_Texan_fan said:

Since when do the morons in teh media know so much?

Gosselin reported that atleast 7 teams had Mario rated as their #1 propect, that means they thought he was better then both VY and Reggie.

Dont hold your breath for Bush highlights :).. there is a reason why the only time you see the Saints on sportscenter is when Joe Horn does a funny endzone celebration.

X_Texan_fan said:

Williams gives us something we NEVER had a pass rush which helps out the DB coverage. Reggie Bush is a dynamic player, and he would have helped out our offense alot too, but Williams helps out our Offense too. He can get us better field positon.

So I guess all of you clowns had hoped all along that the Texans would take Williams over Bush?? Sounds like a bunch of spin doctoring to me to make yourselves feel better.

X_Texan_fan said:

Gil Brandt's Analysis
Well, the favorite in the Kentucky Derby doesn’t always win. Reggie Bush is going to be a great player, and he would have made a bigger splash, but with Domanick Davis already on the roster, the Texans have made a much bigger upgrade at defensive end than they would have at running back. It’s important to remember that Houston’s new head coach is Gary Kubiak, who spent 11 seasons as Denver’s offensive coordinator. Remember how the Broncos have been successful with running backs who were not taken in the first round (Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, etc.). There were six teams who scored more than 25 points per game last season -- three had a left tackle drafted in the top 10, two had a left tackle taken in the top 20, and Denver’s left tackle (Matt Lepsis) was undrafted. Now Kubiak is bringing his system to Houston. The three most important positions on a football team are quarterback, left offensive tackle, and right defensive end, and Houston has added a DE who is much like Julius Peppers and has great upside. He should appear in multiple Pro Bowls.

Pat Kirwan: I understand why the Texans picked Williams. He will them transfer them from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense. He has outstanding measurables and he was the first player on a few draft boards this year after all the work was done. He goes to Houston under tremendous fan and media pressure, which is unfair.

people are funny.. with every win that we come up with the more #8 jerseys will sell or #37's or even #80 or even#84 jerseys .. winning does that .

X_Texan_fan said:
So I guess all of you clowns had hoped all along that the Texans would take Williams over Bush?? Sounds like a bunch of spin doctoring to me to make yourselves feel better.

No i wanted Reggie Bush, but that does not mean that since we did not pick him that we did not get some body that is pretty good.

X_Texan_fan said:

I have said from the start that Bush would have been a horrid mistake.

X_Texan_fan said:

nah id say a small percentage of us were actually hoping for Williams.. another small percentage was cool with Williams or Bush.. and the rest wanted Bush or Young.. maybe a few that wanted Williams or Young.

Anyway.. the difference is that some people are intelligent enough to realize that there is no such thing as a "sure thing" in the draft. So when we took Williams..instead of having a conpition, they just said "hey, that addresses a need.. I would have liked Bush/Young/Brick but maybe Williams is gonna be something special"

See? no reason to turn into a moron.. you just wait and see what happens. Maybe do some research on the prospects you got and try to get a little excited about what they bring to the table.

X_Texan_fan said:

No, it's called "living in reality."

I wanted Bush, too, but I prepared myself for the LIKELIHOOD that we would take Williams.

Now that it's happened...no amount of griping and whining is going to do anything for you or us. Either you follow the Texans, or you go find another team. Not saying you "should" go find another team, but it's a pretty easy math problem to solve if you slow down and breathe a little bit.

It's a done deal. It's over with. Move on (one way or another...).

Wolf said:

just to emphasize this.. and this was with a CAPER'S defense (who I respect alot as a defensive coordinator)

Reactions: Blu
Bobo said:
That's ridiculous. This was the smartest move by far. Who cares what the media hype says? The same media was all ga-ga over Blair Thomas, Lawrence Phillips and countless others who were so-called "can't miss" folks. There are lots of football people who are saying that Williams will improve the Texans a lot more than Bush would have. And I fully agree. And this isn't about lost merchandise revenue. This is all about winning games and improving the squad. And creating turnovers wins games.

I gotta rep someone else 1st to spread it around but once I do, Imma come back & give you some GOOD rep points ... never thought it'd happen but I actually agree with your post Bobo.

X_Texan_fan said:
I am not saying Williams sucks or is not a good player, but you can not pass on a player of Bush's caliber, period.

Apparently you can.....who's the number 1 pick now???

Wolf brings up a good point. I was somewhat bumed when I heard that we got Super Mario. after some thinking and denial I understand this was the right move. We're 0-8 Vs Indy. you can't try to have a shoot out... the Oilers should have taught you that. A good D is what the steelers brought to the show this year, and it got them a title.something I'm hungry for.

In a Madden draft, I passed up on a player of Bush's caliber, then I traded for him after the draft.

Turns out he had like 74 SPD and 61 AGI rating, so I switched him to WR then cut him afterwards. So much for his career.

I just want to say that Houston has been needing help on both sides of the ball and I think you win either way you go whether Bush or Williams, but it looks like they wanted to focus on the defense first. I don't think it is a bad move because they obviously did a lot of research and interviewing to come to their decision. I watched Reggie a lot this last year and while he was a great player, I thought he had an attitude problem that if unchecked could grow to what TO has and that would not be good for the Texans at all! You guys got a couple of o-lineman that look pretty good and could possibly end up starting right away.

I know you guys have had a lot of disapointment, I have been following the Texans because I am a Fresno State fan and I also know that many of you wanted Carr gone, but I don't think that is the answer. Just have some trust in Kudiak because he is addressing needs and knows that this is a team sport not a one man show. You guys have a lot of fans here in Cali and we are hoping you guys will turn it around. I think Houston will be in the playoffs in 2 years, but hopefully this year. It all depends on how these draftees pan out.

Lastly, it could have been worse, you could have Marcus Vick! :redtowel:

Bobo said:

i think making Mario #1 was totally worth it if only because it has made Bobo re-capture his enthusiasm for the texans:)

bet you dom capers woud've selected Reggie though:stirpot:

I'll admit, I was shocked when I found out that we were ACTUALLY picking Mario Williams, but I'm far from upset. He'll be the cornerstone to our transition to a 4-3 defense and improves our team much more than Bush would've (if he's as good as Cass says). If you get over losing the alleged "surefire Hall-of-Famer", you would see that Cass and Kubiak are playing the draft very well. We got an elite d-lineman, a high-character leader at LB (who isn't too bad a player, either), a mauler OG, and basically stole Eric Winston an entire round later than everyone projected. We also have Ko Simpson and Darnell Bing waiting for us at the start of the second day. Be proud, already.

How many football teams have all of our illustrious media types coached? Are they out there at the Texans practice facility every day watching the current crop of players as they work toward the 2006 season? Have they studied the tapes from last year to try to pick out the great players, the good players and the average players? Have they determined what guys can be trained to play better and what guys can't?

No, they seem to spend most of their days inside their studio talking to each other or out on some golf course at a charity event - but THEY ARE EXPERTS! No? You don't believe it? Call them sometime on the air and they will proceed to tell you why you are wrong and they are not - they are THE EXPERTS!

Now they are calling this draft and the Texans staff stupid - as far as I am concerned that apple has not fallen very far from their tree. I used to enjoy listening, not calling often just listening, but I think that will change very quickly. Of course, they will probably have a great time talking to themselves, maybe they will just be talking to their sponsers.

Wolf said:
people are funny.. with every win that we come up with the more #8 jerseys will sell or #37's or even #80 or even#84 jerseys .. winning does that .
don't forget battle red #23,

X_Texan_fan said:
I am not saying Williams sucks or is not a good player, but you can not pass on a player of Bush's caliber, period.

And you couldn't pass on Archie Griffin, or Blair Thomas, or Kianna Carter, or Lawrence Phillips ... etc., etc. Williams addresses a substantial positional need. Bush doesn't. Now NO has that problem -- two RBs, one ball, one QB, one WR -- and absolutely nothing else. Good luck to them -- they'll need it.

Charley Casserly is a moron. Passes Reggie Bush and does not move down in the draft and still pick Luigi Williams. I hope Reggie is the next Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith to say I told you so. You need to be on the next train out of town, idiot! :crying: :crying: :club:

GoTexans said:
right let's draft a running back when we already have a pro bowl running back and completely disregard the worst defense in the NFL that would have had Jason Babin starting at DE.

fans will pay money when the texans win games. reggie bush wouldn't impact the texans.

They weren't the worst. They were #31 out of 32.

hedgehog0721 said:
Charley Casserly is a moron. Passes Reggie Bush and does not move down in the draft and still pick Luigi Williams. I hope Reggie is the next Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith to say I told you so. You need to be on the next train out of town, idiot! :crying: :crying: :club:

I hope Mario Williams becomes the next Reggie White. It'll be nice to see him tackle Reggie for a loss when we play the Saints. It'll be nice to see our defense shut down an offense.

hedgehog0721 said:

I am fine with bush becoming the next Barry Sanders.. take all the stats. what we want is a team that can win a championship... I would like Bush but we already (right or wrong) tied alot of money into Johnson,Carr,Molds, and Davis
we need some defensive cornerstones to build around

Back