Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Really tired of all these quotes. Let me know when something is signed. Starting to feel like this is not going to happen.

I don't think that constitutes a "done deal." I think it means that Andre *really* wants Ed Reed on board and that the organization is either playing up to Andre's wishes or they're serious about inking Reed to a deal.

James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN)
#texanstalk. Andre Johnson said Ed Reed wouldn't be here this long if he didn't want to be here with the #texans
Adam Wexler (@awexler)
MT @davidnunoabc13: Andre Johnson says Reed called him after SB & said get me to Houston. Also would restructure, but Texans haven't asked

I think you're right. He's just sticking around for another free meal. He's unemployed now, got his hand out & all that.

Nah. Not like that. And you know that. So at least put the :kitten smilie on your post, cheese ball.

It's still not unfathomable to think the guy was pulling a pretty good stunt to get his name out there. Mission accomplished. Free publicity that looks genuine, and it sets a price in a public way.

He might not even want to play UNLESS he gets every dime he wants/needs, otherwise he quits and walks off forever. I actually think he is playing the whole "Texans is where you go to get your last payday" card. IMO.

He knows we're desperate via Quin leaving us. So, it's possible I'm right.

New stuff about Johnson and his role in getting Reed here (my home Internet is out so phone posting)

Its gonna happen. Just chill, grab some beer to celebrate a little tonight, and wait for someone else to knock on our door to join the party.

AJ did say this, however.

:wadepalm:

Say what you want but AJ helps out other WRs around him. I think Chad Johnson and AJ could actually make quite a good duo believe it out not. Put CJ in the slot AJ as #1 and Lestar Jean as the #3.

I know a lot of people arent very high on LJ but i still love his potential, i think if he got more play time he could really become a threat at WR

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if they sign Reed, but no one appointed Andre GM. Anyone think this could just be the FO trying to really placate Andre?

I doubt it...... Andre said that he just passed word that Reed wanted to come here. You think thats the first time either Andre or any other player has done that? I don't.

Could be more than just the reed deal going down TBH.

They could be restructuring a few contracts right now as we speak to announce multiple deals.

If it's done, why don't they just announce it???

They're getting Daryl Morey to look at it just to make sure they're not getting screwed over. Because if there's one guy who knows something about screwing other teams over it's Fat Elvis.

Anyone think this could just be the FO trying to really placate Andre?
No. Texans have played this out publicly -- they wouldn't do that if they weren't in earnest about landing Reed. If Reed walks, it's because he thinks he won't get along with the coaching staff or he's holding out for the last dollar or he signs with a more obvious Super Bowl contender.

I'd like to think it was the latter, if...

Say what you want but AJ helps out other WRs around him. I think Chad Johnson and AJ could actually make quite a good duo believe it out not. Put CJ in the slot AJ as #1 and Lestar Jean as the #3.

I know a lot of people arent very high on LJ but i still love his potential, i think if he got more play time he could really become a threat at WR

No way. If the dude couldn't learn NEs playbook there's no way he can learn the Texans. Ain't happening

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Daniel-von-Bargen-Super-Troopers.2.jpg

No way. If the dude couldn't learn NEs playbook there's no way he can learn the Texans. Ain't happening

I doubt that was the issue. I bet it was Bill treating him the way Marvin Lewis should have. I'm sure it hurt Bill to do it, they spent money (not a lot) on the guy & he didn't play but a handful of snaps. If his head was on straight, he would have played. No doubt in my mind.

Then we see him in Miami & he really hadn't changed that much.

I love Chad Johnson, but we don't need a circus. I mean look what happened with the letterman jackets, imagine what gold H.o.F. jackets would do.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
Our folks at @nflnetwork tell us Ed Reed left the building in Houston w/o a deal. Nothing expected today.

What if Ed Reed's deal is done but they arent going to announce it till Monday? But myabe, Ed Reed gets drunk enough at a club tonight and announces it on top of the bar saying he's with the Texans now? I need to stop drinking while studying lol

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
One source predicted that Ed Reed would shop the deal around, but that he eventually gets something done with Houston. We'll see

16s Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Ed Reed is leaving the Texans' building, per source. Interest remains heavy between both sides. Source says it's all positive

@NFL_ATL: "Our folks at @nflnetwork tell us Ed Reed left the building in Houston w/o a deal. Nothing expected today."

Fugg it. Enough is enough, honey. Wined & dined you, bought you presents and flew you in on my jet ..... it's time to put out or get out. :foottap:

Onward & upward.

I think his asking price is too high. Texans don't want or need to pay it. I'm good with it if he moves on. Bring in Michael Huff for a visit.

1m Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Ed Reed has other responsibilities to attend to as well as his free agency trip to Houston, source says

The Texans are always very quiet about any potential free agents, so for them to tweet actively about Ed Reed meeting with them is very unusual. If he doesn't sign, they're going to look like idiots.

As an aside, does anyone have that familiar sinking feeling with this team? That same feeling we had when we struggled against Jacksonville and Detroit? It's two straight offseasons where we can't sign our own guys. Now, none of the players we've lost have been major blows to our team, but the fact that we're in the predicament we're in after just two winning seasons is making me nervous. It's alright if the Steelers or Ravens have to make tough cuts, because they have a proven track record of success. The Texans don't.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Nothing done today with Reed. He left Texans offices with one of his reps. Agent checking round NFL.

The Texans are always very quiet about any potential free agents, so for them to tweet actively about Ed Reed meeting with them is very unusual. If he doesn't sign, they're going to look like idiots.

As an aside, does anyone have that familiar sinking feeling with this team? That same feeling we had when we struggled against Jacksonville and Detroit? It's two straight offseasons where we can't sign our own guys. Now, none of the players we've lost have been major blows to our team, but the fact that we're in the predicament we're in after just two winning seasons is making me nervous. It's alright if the Steelers or Ravens have to make tough cuts, because they have a proven track record of success. The Texans don't.

noodle arm, foster, brown we signed major ones before we could lose them didnt have that issue this year besides quin

Back