Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

EA Sports Apologizes to Texans Fans for Madden Ads

He was busy talking about the marketing opportunities of being in New York as a Jet. He rarely said good things about Houston or the Texans. I participated in an online chat where I served up a softball where he could have said great things about coming here and his response was tepid.

I remember this pretty well, because I was reading the chat while it was going down. I was trying to warm up to the idea that he was going to be a Texan since Vince was out of the equation. This didn't do it for me.

Texans Chick: Hey Reggie. There's no state income tax in Texas. FYI
Reggie Bush: Thanks.

Not a really big deal, but I didn't think that he was doing much to win over Camp Vince at the time.

In all, I was pretty turned off by the ads as well, but I'm pretty numb to it now. David Carr will probably get the commercial next year and he'll be thanking the Texans for releasing him.....not.

I thought both ads were funny. As far as being made fun of, you get what you earn. I was kinda hoping Oakland would brain fart and geta kicker with the #1 so everyone would forget about us.

Does anyone else feel like this is turning into the Geico commercials?
And we're the cavemen.

Here we are complaining to our therapists :)

"Drafting Reggie Bush was so easy, even the Texans could do it!"

Actually, this is a great idea!

You need to somehow protect that idea, pitch it, and make some money off of it because somebody probably will. That would be such a great commercial for the NFL preseason.

I can see it now Geico Cavemen = Texan Fans...

For what it is worth, I don't have a problem with the EA commercials. I kind of liked them...

with the magic of TIVO, I had bypassed all the ads except VY's and missed this one. I am sure it isn't airing much in the Houston markets.

thanks texanschick, for posting the video link.

as for the video, can you even believe they mention first 'NFC South' championship? like its some big deal...the division has been around for all of about 6 years. yeah, he helped turn things around down there and everything but at the end of the day the Saints have still won the same number of championships as the Texans and Oilers/Texans....

realistically, the only way we can end this type of childish BS is if we turn the franchise around and start winning football games. mario needs to watch this video and VY's video...i know it would tick me off if I was Mario....i hope his general lack of explosiveness last year was more due to his injury and not his motor

Back