Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Browns are saying that they are preparing for 3 Ravens QBs. Good luck with that to begin with. The Browns are 3 point favorited due to the up in the air QB question. But from everything I'm hearing, Huntley should be back. That should definitely change Vegas odds to favor the Ravens. The Ravens LBs have been poison for opposing QBs. They will be focusing big time on Watson.

Too bad he doesn't get to play the powder-puff Texans every week where his team can win without him.

Now he gets to face real defenses and players that might not be too supportive of his pervy lifestyle.

Reactions: JB
Ravens QB Huntley had a full practice today. I see this, even in this shortened week, as a carte blanche for his starting against the Browns Saturday........and all but assuring a defeat for the Browns.

The 9-4 Ravens are currently leading the AFC North, but are very banged up at the quarterback position and could again have third-string pivot Anthony Brown under centre. Saturday’s near do-or-die for the 5-8 Browns who are coming off a divisional loss to Cincinnati. Baltimore took care of Pittsburgh last week, advancing to 3-0 in their division this season.
Both the spread and total could see heavy movement based around what happens at quarterback with the Ravens. Star quarterback Lamar Jackson (knee) went down two games ago and didn’t practice Tuesday, while backup Tyler Huntley was limited in practice with a concussion. Right now, Huntley appears to be questionable to play and that is mainly why Cleveland is a small favourite...

He can play at a HoF level but that won't overcome the massive financial hit that his contract will eventually create for the Browns.

Over time, they won't be able to field a good team around him, much less one with depth. And he will continue to rely on hero ball antics, even after his physical skills no longer provide the mobility he needs to be successful.

And this doesn't even consider that a perv is going to perv and I won't be surprised when he does it again in C-town.

He can play at a HoF level but that won't overcome the massive financial hit that his contract will eventually create for the Browns.

Over time, they won't be able to field a good team around him, much less one with depth. And he will continue to rely on hero ball antics, even after his physical skills no longer provide the mobility he needs to be successful.

And this doesn't even consider that a perv is going to perv and I won't be surprised when he does it again in C-town.
I’m thinking three years from now his contract will be 4th maybe 5th in the league

timesAchangin

If your gm know what he's doing and drafts well, its not going to matter what they gave up because they solved the hardest position to solve in sports.

I think 90% chance Seattle extends Gino Smith which allows a quarterback to fall to Carolina. That in turn would allow Quinton Johnson to be available when we pick. With his size and speed and playing college ball in Texas he will probably be our 2nd pick in the 1st round.
I got to see his wiggle at his stem. His clock speed is going to be very important for him. Personally, if the chance to draft him is there, I'd probably draft Hyatt from The Vols.

I got to see his wiggle at his stem. His clock speed is going to be very important for him. Personally, if the chance to draft him is there, I'd probably draft Hyatt from The Vols.
I prefer Hyatt also but if Johnston runs in 4.
4s as I expect and at his height I see Texans picking him. If Young is our pick, I wouldn't be against taking Quentin, and Hyatt at 32. I'm also seeing more suggestions that Cooks will be traded in offseason. Dallas apparently ok with a two and a four so I take.

I prefer Hyatt also but if Johnston runs in 4.
4s as I expect and at his height I see Texans picking him. If Young is our pick, I wouldn't be against taking Quentin, and Hyatt at 32. I'm also seeing more suggestions that Cooks will be traded in offseason. Dallas apparently ok with a two and a four so I take.
Dallas offered a 2 and a 4 but Carsterio also wanted them to take salary and Dallas refused. I will be surprised if they get a 3rd in the off season. I like Johnson, he just needs to run a low 4.5 or high 4.4.

I’m thinking three years from now his contract will be 4th maybe 5th in the league

timesAchangin

Maybe, but they will be without three drafts of first round talent on rookie salaries, as well. "F them picks" works for teams like the Rams. I'm not sensing the Browns have their acts together anything close to how the Rams do things.

And let's face it, Watson's physical ability is only going to deteriorate with time, and with it much of his game.

Maybe, but they will be without three drafts of first round talent on rookie salaries, as well. "F them picks" works for teams like the Rams. I'm not sensing the Browns have their acts together anything close to how the Rams do things.

And let's face it, Watson's physical ability is only going to deteriorate with time, and with it much of his game.
Exactly what has happened to Clowney's one trick pony bull rush.

He's what 27? When do you expect him to go downhill? Let use Wilson as an example, well that's 7 years from now. In terms of Brown and drafting, they've been pretty good lately even in the middle rounds.

He's what 27? When do you expect him to go downhill? Let use Wilson as an example, well that's 7 years from now. In terms of Brown and drafting, they've been pretty good lately even in the middle rounds.

I don't know when, but in that division, I think he'll eventually miss the AFC south.

Don't get me wrong. The dude has game. I can analyze it without letting my personal thoughts about him as a person cloud my judgement.

But, that style of ball has an expiry date on it, especially for a player whose game has a foundation in being elusive. Those knees won't like the cold either.

And let's be honest, the Browns are gonna' Brown. They're like the Texans. It's just a matter of time before their real self shows. lol

Wilson has always been over-rated, IMO. Great defense and great running game are what kept him looking elite. Without it, he looks mediocre and has no chance at carrying a team.

I don't know when, but in that division, I think he'll eventually miss the AFC south.

Don't get me wrong. The dude has game. I can analyze it without letting my personal thoughts about him as a person cloud my judgement.

But, that style of ball has an expiry date on it, especially for a player whose game has a foundation in being elusive. Those knees won't like the cold either.

And let's be honest, the Browns are gonna' Brown. They're like the Texans. It's just a matter of time before their real self shows. lol

Wilson has always been over-rated, IMO. Great defense and great running game are what kept him looking elite. Without it, he looks mediocre and has no chance at carrying a team.
C'mon, don't push that tired ass narrative of him being a running qb. Even with Russ and they didn't win superbowls after the defense went down the drain, but to say he wasn't elite is false. You say you can analyze without your feelings, but its hard to tell.

Totally disagree about playing at a hof level.

He ain't nearly as good as Russ and the Browns org isn't nearly as good as the Seahawks.

Of course there will be excuses made for Derricks inability to win. There always are.

Serious injury is the next thing that I hope happens to him.

Dallas offered a 2 and a 4 but Carsterio also wanted them to take salary and Dallas refused. I will be surprised if they get a 3rd in the off season. I like Johnson, he just needs to run a low 4.5 or high 4.4.
If there Caserio should have paid for his mistake and taken the 2 and 4 and ran with it. Where did you hear this?

yes but I think Dallas erred as Cooks avg over the remaining 2 1/2 years would have been miniscule. I liked that Nick held his cards as he should get what he wants in off season + it improved his rep with other teams who will want to negotiate for 1.1 at draft time. BOB no longer the sheriff.

But, that style of ball has an expiry date on it, especially for a player whose game has a foundation in being elusive
BO’b made him play from the pocket & he had gotten better at it every year.

if he’s open to coaching in Cleveland he could very well become an all time great. But $230M has a way affecting “coachability” in a player.

C'mon, don't push that tired ass narrative of him being a running qb. Even with Russ and they didn't win superbowls after the defense went down the drain, but to say he wasn't elite is false. You say you can analyze without your feelings, but its hard to tell.

Did I say "running QB"? :um:

Reading comprehension matters when all there is is written words. I'm not going down your rabbit hole of assumptions.

"Elite" should be reserved for 2-3 QBs in the league or the term is worthless and watered down. Wilson has never been a top 3. Take your own emotions out of it.

BO’b made him play from the pocket & he had gotten better at it every year.

if he’s open to coaching in Cleveland he could very well become an all time great. But $230M has a way affecting “coachability” in a player.

O'Brien tried to make him a pocket passer. Questionable if he was ever successful with it, because Watson's big plays were mostly oft-script.

He's a scrambling QB like Fran Tarkenton back in the day. Scramblers with bad knees are risky.

I said "can", not will.

You're one of the few that is unable to recognize or admit his talent. Caserio just made a epic deal based on that talent, and could pick from four teams that agreed.
Can play at a HOF level? Lmao

I guess there are 10 or so QB's currently playing that are possibly future HOF'ers, or can play at a HOF level.

He's very overrated, that's all.

Did I say "running QB"? :um:

Reading comprehension matters when all there is is written words. I'm not going down your rabbit hole of assumptions.

"Elite" should be reserved for 2-3 QBs in the league or the term is worthless and watered down. Wilson has never been a top 3. Take your own emotions out of it.
No emotions , trust me. He's no more of a scrambling qb than is Mahomes,Luck,Allen to name a few. If you mobile, that works. IMO, its based on can the qb lead the team and win a superbowl or does the qb have to be carried to the superbowl or playoff success. IMO, Wilson was elite in Seattle. Yes early on those defenses did carry the team, but when they got old, he was packing the team into the playoffs and played very, very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back