Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like they did Vick? How long did that last? How long did the protest last with Big Ben? Leonard Little? Donte Stallworth? In terms of Clarence Hill, he should resign for his cover-up involving his wife. None of that banter lasts. You know as well as I do because every football team wants their team to win. Where are the advocates protesting Kareem Hunt? He was cut, signed,served his suspension, and started balling and nobody did anything.

Believe what you want.

These are far more woke times we're living in and I could see Derrick becoming a pariah

Personally, I'd be fine with Watson serving a full season suspension. Of course.....so it would benefit the Texans draft position.....unless there's a big payout in the civil cases.....then that benefits Buzbee, his clients, and the Texans.

Based on what? They could've fined him for not playing. If he faked an injury, so be it. Just be fact of refusing to play is conduct detrimental to the team.
Once he decides to play and fakes an injury two plays into the game, he can’t be disciplined if you are the team. It’s in the CBA. You would have to prove he is faking anyway. Good luck with that.

Once he decides to play and fakes an injury two plays into the game, he can’t be disciplined if you are the team. It’s in the CBA. You would have to prove he is faking anyway. Good luck with that.
So what? Let him keep faking injuries. Did he fake the injuries in camp? He showed up and they played him at safety. They could've forced his hand versus waiting on the nfl to do something. There were many posters who thought he wouldn't show up for camp and he did. There were also alot of posters who were certain he was going on the cel and he didn't. Don't be passive aggressive, play hardball, but of course it's the Texans.

So what? Let him keep faking injuries. Did he fake the injuries in camp? He showed up and they played him at safety. They could've forced his hand versus waiting on the nfl to do something. There were many posters who thought he wouldn't show up for camp and he did. There were also alot of posters who were certain he was going on the cel and he didn't. Don't be passive aggressive, play hardball, but of course it's the Texans.
You don't believe in reality?

There should be no surprise that the potential new precedence of the Browns contract given to Watson would create resentment on the part of the League and its owners. For those that say all NFL players should receive fully guaranteed contracts just like in the MLB and NBA. That sounds all well and good until you stop and think about the 3 leagues' team rosters.....................the MLB at 26...........and the NBA at 14.

For those that say all NFL players should receive fully guaranteed contracts just like in the MLB and NBA.
I wouldn't say all NFL players. But a lot more than currently have fully guaranteed deals. The NFL's TV contracts are guaranteed. PSLs virtually guarantee season ticket income. Naming rights, sponsorships. All guaranteed. Players that can negotiate fully guaranteed contracts are just getting the same deals NFL owners are getting. Do they all deserve it? As Will Munney said to Little Bill in Unforgiven, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

3b283543bcd85245ddb7103d4300dc15.jpg

I wouldn't say all NFL players. But a lot more than currently have fully guaranteed deals. The NFL's TV contracts are guaranteed. PSLs virtually guarantee season ticket income. Naming rights, sponsorships. All guaranteed. Players that can negotiate fully guaranteed contracts are just getting the same deals NFL owners are getting. Do they all deserve it? As Will Munney said to Little Bill in Unforgiven, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."
It's like a job union activity. Why not? Even if it doesn't deserve it, it sets a certain foundation of confidence for the players. But on the other hand, it also gives them less reason to develop themselves.

“It isn’t any of my business,’' [Myles] Garrett said at OTAs Wednesday. “....I don’t know what happened. You don’t know what happened. No one in this room really knows what happened, other than the people that were involved. I can’t move one way or the other, based on hearsay. So, I just have to move with the character of the man that I know from day to day, and it’s a good guy from what I’ve seen, from what I’ve played against and from what I’ve see in the building.

I take it Myles hasn't massaged Watson often enough to comment on his requests to "really get in there...........deeper..........don't be afraid, deeper, all the way...........yeh, that's it.............now get ready for the 'happy ending,' Myles............"

I understand the NFL investigation has been completed. Hopefully there will be a decision on if Watson will be suspended or not.

Watson has been getting most of 1st and 2nd team reps. That should play well going into the season if there is a significant suspension. :chef:

Fixed it.
That has been said for over a year. Remember when the chant was C E L? Then he wasn't going to show up. And then it was 'no way Houston pays him to sit'.. Sure has been a lot of adamant declarations that didn't happen.

I wonder what this was about….

“The written disclosure made by Watson to the Browns isn’t contained in the contract. A source with knowledge of the written disclosure says it’s a “fair assumption” that it refers to the 22 pending civil lawsuits.”

I wonder what this was about….

“The written disclosure made by Watson to the Browns isn’t contained in the contract. A source with knowledge of the written disclosure says it’s a “fair assumption” that it refers to the 22 pending civil lawsuits.”

Deshaun Watson may ruin a lot of Cleveland Browns’ reputations
This isn’t going away, the allegations are just getting worse and more and more people are being exposed for their involvement in his activities. The strangest part is Watson isn’t just denying he never did anything, he claims he has zero ideas why he’s in trouble. Notoriously saying during questioning;

I’m still trying to figure out why we in the situation we are in right now, why I’m talking to you guys, why you guys are interviewing me. I don’t know. Do not know.
This is a man who says he has no problem, this is a man who’s lied about how many message therapists he’s had, this is a man who has made women cry and for some reason, can’t remember why. The evidence, the allegations, the revelations are all coming in. There is no hiding from this.

The worst part is the fact that the Browns are now forced to admit they either A) didn’t do any due diligence and took Watson and his attorney at their word or B) they did do their due diligence, knew this was all coming, and just didn’t care.

Frankly, I don’t know how Kevin Stefanski or Andrew Berry survive this disaster, either with their legacy or their careers. This is on them as much as Jimmy Haslam. Don’t believe for a second that it can’t get worse.

It can, and I would wager it most certainly will.

I think it's interesting if that's the actual wording. If Buzzbee could get one more plaintiff to file criminal charges the Browns can get out of that contract?
I think you meant plaintiff to file criminal complaints, which is all a plaintiff herself can. But whether complaints, or charges ultimately are filed, whether the Browns have any recourse depends on the wording of his contract.............whether it covers only filings of any sort where 1) the violations were prior to or after the signing of the contract OR 2) whether the wording states that violations would have to have occurred after the signing of the contract. The only smart wording would be the former..............but this is the Browns, and what have the Haslam and the Browns done thus far to make you think that anything smart went into the contract?

Last edited:
For the Browns to cut bait with Watson, the pressure would have to be too much to handle, or the suspension is too much to deal with... Let's say indefinite or 2+ full seasons. Otherwise, they're going to ride it out. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back