Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been repeatedly said by many of us.............Thank You, Haslam, Browns, Hardin, Mulugheta and Watson for so generously removing us from the chaos that was Watson!
Feels like we’re right in the middle of it with the way this thread is updated.

Thankfully the Texans are out of the middle of it. But we can’t seem to let it go.

Thankfully the Texans are out of the middle of it. But we can’t seem to let it go.

That's because it's still a developing story. I'll let it go after the bag is zipped shut on this turd sandwich..

Everybody likes to rubberneck, thank God we're not the crashed car in middle of the intersection anymore.

Last edited:

We are in the middle of this.

The whole time Watson was “allegedly” committing this disgusting acts he was getting paid by the Texans.

What happens if one of the victims say that Texans knew about and tried to cover it up?

I have to remind myself there are two things I care about:

1. Justice for victims
2. Browns losing record the next two years.
3. Texans remaining a unknowing innocent party and took the correct action when they found out.

The first 4 Browns games are not ONE of the easiest given to a team............it IS the EASIEST of the entire NFL schedule (Per Mary Cabot).............all COINCIDENTAL, of course, as per statement by NFL.

The first 4 Browns games are not ONE of the easiest given to a team............it IS the EASIEST of the entire NFL schedule (Per Mary Cabot).............all COINCIDENTAL, of course, as per statement by NFL.
Just curious. What incentive does the NFL have to make things easier for the Browns?

At the time pretty well knowing that Watson was unlikely to be in attendance, at least at the beginning of the season if a suspension came down.
I understand that. My question is why does the NFL care? Why would they do the Browns a solid & not the Colts, Eagles, or Packers… why not help the Texans?

I understand that. My question is why does the NFL care? Why would they do the Browns a solid & not the Colts, Eagles, or Packers… why not help the Texans?
I'll start with Why did they not help the Texans?.....well they didn't. Next, most assumed that before this really blew up, they weren't going to do the right thing and they would give him an easy suspension. because they thought it would quickly all blow over once he came back. They could then independently deal with the Browns and Haslam on another level at their own pace. The NFL and Goodell have miscalculated every step of the way. Why would anyone now believe that any of this would be an exception?

I'll start with Why did they not help the Texans?.....well they didn't. Next, most assumed that before this really blew up, they weren't going to do the right thing and they would give him an easy suspension. because they thought it would quickly all blow over once he came back. They could then independently deal with the Browns and Haslam on another level at their own pace. The NFL and Goodell have miscalculated every step of the way. Why would anyone now believe that any of this would be an exception?
Why didn't the Texans get into his money? They didn't need the nfl for that. They could've refused to pay him because he refused to play.

Why didn't the Texans get into his money? They didn't need the nfl for that. They could've refused to pay him because he refused to play.
Supposedly, Watson and Hardin have paid off two DAs and grand juries. Watson and his team have made the Texans pay him for not playing. They have influenced Cleveland reporters like Cabot. They have influenced the Browns front office QB moves. Now they have even influenced the NFL schedule makers.

I believe the McNairs didn’t want him in a Texans uniform.

They could have bluffed & told him to play or don’t get paid, but didn’t see the point as he could have easily faked an injury & got paid anyway.

Did Watson refuse to play....or did the Texan choose not to play him? I remember him reporting and the Texans pretty much keeping him off the field, or out of harms way. I don't remember Watson refusing to play though. I think the Texans chose to put some distance between him and the team before he had a chance to "refuse" to play.

Did Watson refuse to play....or did the Texan choose not to play him? I remember him reporting and the Texans pretty much keeping him off the field, or out of harms way. I don't remember Watson refusing to play though. I think the Texans chose to put some distance between him and the team before he had a chance to "refuse" to play.

Report: Deshaun Watson met with David Culley, refuses to play for Texans

"New Houston head coach David Culley got the word directly from the source: Deshaun Watson has no intention of playing for the Texans ever again."

Report: Deshaun Watson met with David Culley, refuses to play for Texans

"New Houston head coach David Culley got the word directly from the source: Deshaun Watson has no intention of playing for the Texans ever again."
Instead of waiting on the nfl, they should've gotten into all his money or made him play or fake an injury. Let me push this angle. Maybe they didn't want to piss off athletes 1st in the future. That agent firm has some heavy hitters and if the organization ruins its relationship with them, then in the future they might steer their clients away.

Instead of waiting on the nfl, they should've gotten into all his money or made him play or fake an injury. Let me push this angle. Maybe they didn't want to piss off athletes 1st in the future. That agent firm has some heavy hitters and if the organization ruins its relationship with them, then in the future they might steer their clients away.

I don't think any owner knows how to deal with a star athlete that was just given a $111 million guaranteed contract ($160 million total) just a few months before they pull this diva crap.

This is all on Watson. He knew the organization he was signing a contract with and did it anyway.

The Browns knew his character so they get what they deserve.

I can't say the same about the Texans. They swallowed his carefully cultivated image hook, line, and sinker. I just hope the owners learned a lesson and never give a player an NTC again unless it has clear stipulations in it.

I don't think any owner knows how to deal with a star athlete that was just given a $111 million guaranteed contract ($160 million total) just a few months before they pull this diva crap.

This is all on Watson. He knew the organization he was signing a contract with and did it anyway.

The Browns knew his character so they get what they deserve.

I can't say the same about the Texans. They swallowed his carefully cultivated image hook, line, and sinker. I just hope the owners learned a lesson and never give a player an NTC again unless it has clear stipulations in it.
What have they gotten that they deserve? Undue attention? Let me let yall in on a little secret. The nfl is bulletproof for the most part. Irsay has been high as a kite and what happened to him? Stallworth and the Little ran over people drunk and killed them and they played. The Lions coach was caught driving drunk naked and still coached. Kraft was caught soliciting prostitution and is still the owner and one of the biggest voices in the nfl. The Cowboys had a cocaine and whore house that everyone and their mama k new about, didn't matter. As sad as this is, next year, it probably won't register, they will probably get even more money from TV rights deal. That's the nfl, teflon of all the leagues and they keep gaining popularity.

Yikes... nobody on his team explaining the optics of all this to him?

"Make sure you keep in the audio of him saying, 'He's a good guy,' it's gonna look great going into the weekend news cycle."

What have they gotten that they deserve?

Time will tell.

But, the negative press, hero ball antics, franchise ghosting, contract holdouts, and bad karma will not be a surprise to me. He is who he is.

In the meantime, I'm sure they will be glossing it all over because they got a great player that can put up some fantastic regular season highlights.

The nfl is bulletproof for the most part.

Perhaps, but Deshaun Watson isn't. One player is never bigger than the league itself.

What have they gotten that they deserve? Undue attention? Let me let yall in on a little secret. The nfl is bulletproof for the most part. Irsay has been high as a kite and what happened to him? Stallworth and the Little ran over people drunk and killed them and they played. The Lions coach was caught driving drunk naked and still coached. Kraft was caught soliciting prostitution and is still the owner and one of the biggest voices in the nfl. The Cowboys had a cocaine and whore house that everyone and their mama k new about, didn't matter. As sad as this is, next year, it probably won't register, they will probably get even more money from TV rights deal. That's the nfl, teflon of all the leagues and they keep gaining popularity.

Keep on dreaming,

Wait until the Victims rights groups start showing up at every NFL even, including the NFL owners meetings/draft etc.. Or they pull a abortions rights thing and start hanging out picketing owners houses like protestors are doing the SCOTUS justices. I'm not just talking Haslem's house either. I'm talking about all owners residences, including Janice McNair's/Amy Adams etc...

Last edited:
Keep on dreaming,

Wait until the Victims rights groups start showing up at every NFL even, including the NFL owners meetings/draft etc.. Or they pull a abortions rights thing and start hanging out picketing owners houses like protestors are doing the SCOTUS justices. I'm not just talking Haslem's house either. I'm talking about all owners residences, including Janice McNair's/Amy Adams etc...
Like they did Vick? How long did that last? How long did the protest last with Big Ben? Leonard Little? Donte Stallworth? In terms of Clarence Hill, he should resign for his cover-up involving his wife. None of that banter lasts. You know as well as I do because every football team wants their team to win. Where are the advocates protesting Kareem Hunt? He was cut, signed,served his suspension, and started balling and nobody did anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back