Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dear Dan Diedorf,

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I would like to remind you that it is your job to be as un-bias as possible. Your commentating today had me wondering if you were wishing you could meet Ben Rothelisberger in a bathroom stall.

Is there any possible way that when you do color commentating for Texans games that you might want to talk about anything good we are doing or are you just flat out mad that you didn't get to do another game?

When The Texans made a 3rd down stop by drilling Hines Ward in the back and forcing Rothelisberger to punt, you insisted on talking about what a great throw he made and how terrific an athelete he is. WHO GIVES A RATS TAIL??? When Ben gets pressured by Mario Williams and Mario doesn't fall for a fake forcing Ben to get rid of a ball on 3rd down, we begin to actually here you masterbating to the idea of Ben being "such an incredible athlete to avoid the pressure and get the ball out."

Then the Texans get the ball back with just over 4 mins remaining and I'm thinking you should just go ahead and say "we aren't going down like that Houston. Steelers forever!!!" because you just kept insisting that this game was far from over.

We could also hear your relief on the JJo interception when the "roughing the passer" call was made.

It is my only prayer now that you never get teamed up with Steve Tasker or Dan Fouts.

Texans, it is time for you to take notice of this and start going on some glorious win streak so that you can stop being the most disrespected team in the league.

I just kept wondering why they continued to talk about Ben-burgers 'awareness'. We're talking about the fumble/int-machine of Pittsburgh... I would call him unaware :)

to be fair, he also sounded like the wants an orgy with our oline. he praised them all game.

While he did praise our offensive line, that was about 2 minutes out of a 2 hour Dierdorf on Ben Rothelisberger leg humping session. Everyone watching the game where I was at just wanted him to shut up towards the end.

I wish they had an alternate channel in which you could watch the games with the game sounds, but zero commentary. That would be ideal to me as I never care what those people have to say about the game itself.

While he did praise our offensive line, that was about 2 minutes out of a 2 hour Dierdorf on Ben Rothelisberger leg humping session. Everyone watching the game where I was at just wanted him to shut up towards the end.

well, i wouldn't mind watching him and ben bang one out.

I wish they had an alternate channel in which you could watch the games with the game sounds, but zero commentary. That would be ideal to me as I never care what those people have to say about the game itself.

Yeah, NBC, I think it was NBC, tried that once and I saw a game with just the game sounds. Interesting and weird all at the same time.

I think we are so conditioned to have a voice-over it would take a long time for most of the fans, myself included, to get used to the format.

Somewhere, though I'll only admit it here, I like even a Dierdorf blowhard doing the game. It sort of adds to the whole anger thing....lol.

MARY-O Williams!!!!!

ET you read my mind with the Rothlesblunder comments!!!!

Thanks. I'm just praying that white substance that splashed the camera lens was the lotion. LOL!

And yes, can we please send a pronunciation chart to these commentators! Perhaps a fan in the stand can make a sign:

HEY COMMENTATORS, IT'S PRONOUNCED M - R -IO! Stop looking at pictures of Mark Sanchez and Ben Rothelisberger and get it right!

Thanks. I'm just praying that white substance that splashed the camera lens was the lotion. LOL!

And yes, can we please send a pronunciation chart to these commentators! Perhaps a fan in the stand can make a sign:

HEY COMMENTATORS, IT'S PRONOUNCED M - R -IO! Stop looking at pictures of Mark Sanchez and Ben Rothelisberger and get it right!

you need a vowel or did I miss the joke?

Near the end when Watt looked to me that he either fell or was pushed into Big Ben in the end zone and he was flagged....Dan seemed to relish that the call was made and how JJ dare touch his sacred cow.

Was it just me or did it look like the JJ contact was inadvertant?

Near the end when Watt looked to me that he either fell or was pushed into Big Ben in the end zone and he was flagged....Dan seemed to relish that the call was made and how JJ dare touch his sacred cow.

Was it just me or did it look like the JJ contact was inadvertant?

He was pushed into Ben or he made his lunge before he threw the ball.

Either way it was a BS call.

As far as this thread goes......meh. I'm rewatching the game now and I'm not really noticing anything totally blatant. The Steelers have a history of winning & we have a history of blowing games. I don't expect everyone to be drinking the koolaid. I think he praised our team at times when it was warranted. Maybe not overly praising us, but he pointed out areas where we did something really well.

Now if you want to ***** about the officiating, I'll agree 100% with you there.

As far as this thread goes......meh. I'm rewatching the game now and I'm not really noticing anything totally blatant. The Steelers have a history of winning & we have a history of blowing games.

When the steelers tied the game at 10 CBS was nice enough to run a stat that we are tied for the league worst for 4th quarter blown leads since last season at 5. Talk about a pointless stat!

I think I would go with Mmm-Are-Eee-Oh. I am also sick of hearing Mary-O.

You guys are just looking at it all wrong.

Maybe Mario makes him get his "O" face going. How's that for some team love?

Maybe he's a huge Andrew Dice Clay fan and says "OH!" at the end of everything?

Who knows.....

When the steelers tied the game at 10 CBS was nice enough to run a stat that we are tied for the league worst for 4th quarter blown leads since last season at 5. Talk about a pointless stat!

It's not pointless. That "little" issue has been the reason why we have consistently had losing seasons and never made the playoffs.

Fortunately I didn't have to hear Dierdorf's man love for Roethlisblunder. Last week was enough for me. Hopefully he's not on the team for the Texans the rest of the way

I have no problem with Dierdorf.

To be honest, if you would lay down his admiration (which I think he is within his rights to express) for Big Ben...he calls a better game than 99% of the other clowns out there.

I will take him over Tasker and many others 100%.

He rarely screws up, and he's quick to recover and re-state it on his own if he does make a slip-up. I actually enjoy listening to the guy.

Dierdorf-Michaels on Sunday Night football would be better than Collinsworth who is a self-absorbed, condescending snot, IMO.

Good Lord, people. It's not "unbias", it's "unbiased". Someone isn't "bias", they're "biased". Unless they're Len Bias or something. In which case they're a dumbass.

For the love of God, he's the worst. I had to mute that slobbering SOB to keep my sanity. Deirdork will NEVER utter another word on my TV again.

I always listen to the radio call while watching the game. It's slightly annoying that it never syncs up right, but I find it a lot better than listening to tv announcers point out obvious things.

I have no problem with Dierdorf.

To be honest, if you would lay down his admiration (which I think he is within his rights to express) for Big Ben...he calls a better game than 99% of the other clowns out there.

I will take him over Tasker and many others 100%.

He rarely screws up, and he's quick to recover and re-state it on his own if he does make a slip-up. I actually enjoy listening to the guy.

Dierdorf-Michaels on Sunday Night football would be better than Collinsworth who is a self-absorbed, condescending snot, IMO.

I'd forgotten how bad Collinsworth is until I saw the Ravens and jets game tonight. Collinsworth never says anything that you can't see on the screen. He essentially just describes what is happening on the field as you are watching it.

Dierdorf would be much better if he didn't slobber over certain players every week.

I miss Madden though. He could talk about bunting for an entire quarter and would even circle the bunting around his own booth on the on-screen chalkboard. Now there was an NFL commentator.

Dierdorf is a nut sucker. He's always been spineless and on his knees.

He has the highest sperm count of any commentator in the NFL. He has to because he shoots his load about a hundred times a game.

Back