Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally hope the texans get either landry or that OT out of penn st. trading carr i don't believe will help them get over the hump. change the offense to a down the field thing, and get a consistent running game.

Can you ever admit that to yourself?

Could you swt admit that you were no good in poker, never win a tourney, give up and take up quilting?

It's kinda weird for a pro football player but... if you had the opportunity to be a bad NFL QB, would you take it? You might be the 40th best player at your position in the world and people are going to tell you that you suck and everything. But you're still pretty damn elite and someone's going to pay you pretty well to at least back someone up and possibly start because you're better than the alternatives. Would you give up because you're not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

I wouldn't.

I'd take the money for as long as they were willing to give it to me. I'd work as hard as I could to improve myself as a player. And I would take pride in the fact that I was talented enough to win a job that a million men would give up a ... well... sensitve part of their anatomy to have.

i personally hope the texans get either landry or that OT out of penn st. trading carr i don't believe will help them get over the hump. change the offense to a down the field thing, and get a consistent running game.

They just signed a tackle. They aren't going to draft offensive linemen.

They are going to draft exciting offensive playmakers. They may even consider drafting Brady Quinn too.

The important thing to me isnt necessarily that we get a QB who is gonna shake the foundations of the NFL with his ability to come in and turn everything around.

I want a good quality young prospect that Kubiak can groom while someone else starts. Then I want him to be able to start for us in the RIGHT conditions, rather than the whole "throw him to the wolves" thing we did with Carr.

We will really be getting screwed if we trade David Carr to move up two spots in the draft. That would be a really stupid move...

It's kinda weird for a pro football player but... if you had the opportunity to be a bad NFL QB, would you take it? You might be the 40th best player at your position in the world and people are going to tell you that you suck and everything. But you're still pretty damn elite and someone's going to pay you pretty well to at least back someone up and possibly start because you're better than the alternatives. Would you give up because you're not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

I wouldn't.

I'd take the money for as long as they were willing to give it to me. I'd work as hard as I could to improve myself as a player. And I would take pride in the fact that I was talented enough to win a job that a million men would give up a ... well... sensitve part of their anatomy to have.

I'm on your side. Carr has done exactly what he should have, and he is still looking out for himself by standing aside, letting the critics say what they will and holding to his contract. Renegotiate? No way.

IMO, if you don't think a QB prospect is All Pro quality, you shouldn't take that prospect in the 1st round when there are glaring holes all over the team.

Quinn is a good prospect but the first round pick this year really needs to be an impact player that starts from day one.

IMO, there are guys like Quinn in the draft every year. If Quinn hadn't played at Notre Dame, the hype probably wouldn't be there.

If the Texans were solid in the defensive secondary and offensive line, I would say go for it on Quinn.

If this "Gentleman's agreement" with Washington is true(& I doubt it is) that would mean that Kubiak believes Quinn is all that, and a bag of chips. If he feels that way, I'm fine with that.

Defensively, you can't deny that our defense has improved greatly since '05. Even as a young defensive team, early this season, they got the ball back for our offense several times, only for us to go 3 & out. Do we need to improve defensively, yes we do. But we are talented enough on defense to hang with most teams in this league.... I honestly believe that.

Now offensive line. Sure, we need to get better on our offensive line. But the guys we started in '06... Pitts, Weary, McKinney, Weigart... how many coaches offensive coordinators, and football consultants have said that those guys can play in this league??

I honestly believe we'll see an amazing transformation from our offense as soon as we can get avg play from the QB position. It doesn't matter who it is back there, but if he can play like half the starting QBs in this league, our Offensive line will look avg to good.

I want a good quality young prospect that Kubiak can groom while someone else starts. Then I want him to be able to start for us in the RIGHT conditions, rather than the whole "throw him to the wolves" thing we did with Carr.

and that's what i believe smith and kubiak are going to do with this draft...i don't believe (hope) that we are really going after quinn...i think that drafting kolb in round 2 or 3...is a better choice...plus if we draft quinn in round 1 there is more pressure to start him earlier...it'll add pressure to sage which i'm not sure he needs right now...it'll bring this team under the microscope to see if we screw up another 1st round QB...i mean the list goes on why drafting Quinn isn't the right option

that being said if kubiak truely feels that this kid can start and make a huge difference for this ball club he's gonna pull the trigger to get him...if kubiak really believes that charlie weis isn't just blowing smoke up everyones behind that quinn is just like brady then by all means draft him...if he's just like tom brady draft him and lets run with him and see how far we get...because without brady the patriots are nothing but a mediocre football team who is constantly going 7-9

This isn't related to the topic of the thread, but is this the largest single day thread in Texans forums history that isn't a gameday thread?

The problem is, this isn't a Weis QB. He's a QB that Weis was able to make look good for one year, but still couldn't hide his flaws against good teams. I would rather have a QB that looked good for a mid-rate coach, b/c that means a good coach can make him look even better. There's no room to improve on Weis's coaching. Quinn's just going to be facing tougher opponents. He won't make it. He's Carr 2.0 or I should say Carr 0.5 .....2.0 implies he'll do better, and if he does, it's only b/c we have a decent O-line finally.

Ok... I'm not a huge Quinn fan, or a ND fan, so I didn't watch a lot of Quinn. Please Edumacate me on these flaws that Weiss couldn't hide.

Was it an inability to throw completions, andTDs?? was he not able to move the chains?? was he throwing interceptions left & right?? was he not able to get first downs?? was he fumbling the ball alot??

Nothings happening tonight guys. If this does go down, it will more than likely be a draft day trade.

Is that from a source 84?

Id be inclined to agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that the higher ups wanted Carr taken out of the picture at the top of this forum.

Seems odd for them them make a move like that if they didnt intend to get rid of him for another 2 months.

Is that from a source 84?

Id be inclined to agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that the higher ups wanted Carr taken out of the picture at the top of this forum.

Seems odd for them them make a move like that if they didnt intend to get rid of him for another 2 months.

I agree. And why would they say they are trying to trade up two months before the draft and basically show the Vikings their hand? I believe Carr will be traded, but not to move up in the draft (or atleast I'm hoping).

OK ... lets think about what's happening .

1. Raiders sign Rhodes

2. Lions get Foster and Bell .... surely they will not draft another Wr.

3. Browns trade Droughns ... sign Lewis .

4 Tampa gets QBs

8. Texans sign Black and Green

IF the Fo deceides to spend draft picks to move up to get Quinn I'm going to be more then a little disappionted. Rick Smith has basically been preaching that they would not make this kind of move, and with a team in the shape that ours is I think this would be a very poor idea. If Quinn falls to 8, drfat him; I just don't want to trade up to get him. Remmeber what happened teh last time we traded up for a player?

why would they trade up to get him? i am pretty sure he will be available at #8 and i still wouldn't want him. LARON LANDRY:wild:

1: Raiders: JaMarcus Russell
2: Lions: ?
3: Browns: Adrian Peterson
4: Tampa: Calvin Johnson

I see us getting Landry.

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but channel 13 just said,
"Exactly one year after passing on Vince Young, the Texans are ..." trading David Carr. Also said that the Texans would switch with Washington - #6 in the draft to get Quinn. No report as to what the Texans would give up for that spot and no confirmation - only rumor.

I wouldn't.

Right. Just to make it to the NFL you have to be very, very talented.

I'm googling my *** off on this and can't find anything new. The suspense is just KILLING me!!!!

:wild:

Yeah, I wish somebody would just say something of substance.

I'll always be a Carr fan no matter where he goes, I'm from near his home town.

Go Dogs!

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but channel 13 just said,
"Exactly one year after passing on Vince Young, the Texans are ..." trading David Carr. Also said that the Texans would switch with Washington - #6 in the draft to get Quinn. No report as to what the Texans would give up for that spot and no confirmation - only rumor.

Why won't the Texans come out publicly?

I'm on your side. Carr has done exactly what he should have, and he is still looking out for himself by standing aside, letting the critics say what they will and holding to his contract. Renegotiate? No way.

I wouldn't either. He has and is honoring his contract and maintaining a dignified silence.

How many of us would say to our employers: Hey go ahead and cut or renegotiate my salary so you can get some other employees to come in and help us.

Not sure I understand...

As an aside, the 4:30 - 6:00 time slot on SR 610 this afternoon was about the worst 90 minutes of sports talk radio I've ever heard. I could care less about Cynthia Cooper, Neil Sedaka, Barry Manilow, and Wayne Newton. Terrible.

i gotta agree. it was pretty bad and very irrelevant.

I wouldn't either. He has and is honoring his contract and maintaining a dignified silence.

How many of us would say to our employers: Hey go ahead and cut or renegotiate my salary so you can get some other employees to come in and help us.

well Aikman, Manning, Brady, and even Palmer have all renegotiated in order to help the team improve. of course they are committed to winning football games and we know that isnt a priority for Carr. He is a 9to5er...plain and simple

if he thinks he is earning his contract that is fine, but if he feels that way that in itself is a problem. he is underperforming severely and any non-Carr family member or 'Texan Fan' from California will tell you he has not performed up to the expectations and up to the value of his contract.

well Aikman, Manning, Brady, and even Palmer have all renegotiated in order to help the team improve. of course they are committed to winning football games and we know that isnt a priority for Carr. He is a 9to5er...plain and simple

I didn't know you were that close to the Carr family or the Texans to be aware of his work habits. Even Kubiak said he had done eveything asked of him.

I didn't know you were that close to the Carr family or the Texans to be aware of his work habits. Even Kubiak said he had done eveything asked of him.
\

he said that during the season, wtf was he supposed to say. if he was doing everything asked of him and they are still trading him....well that tells you that they think he isn't any good

i just hope some of these flybynight Texan fans from California leave once Carr is inevitably thrown to the scrap heap. we can then have fans of the Texans on our forums and not fans of one player. Then we can have honest discussion about our team and not biased homering.

So what was the question??

sure, If I were David, I wouldn't want to play for Houston either... But the chances of getting paid $13million and starting regardless of how bad I play may convince me to stay, and get a box for my wife to watch the games from.

I don't condone any of those things from Houston "fans". I've never booed David, & I've confronted several "fans" who did in section 608.

I don't blame David for anything. It's not his fault he was drafted by this team. It's not his fault that Dom Capers was his head coach. It's not his fault, that the Texans went offense with the first 4 picks of the 2002 draft, 7 out of 10 picks of the 2003 draft(2 QBS), 1 of 9 picks in 2004, 3 of 6 picks in the 2005 draft, and 5 out of 7 picks in 2006. It's not his fault that most of those picks didn't work out for what ever reason.

It's not his fault, that our coaches thought he could grow behind our offensive line, while Jonathan Wells, Domanick Davis, Stacey Mack, and a slew of other running backs could not.

It's not his fault, those same coaches left him out there to get beat up time & time again(I never would have allowed him to set the all time sack record his rookie year).

But I don't care whose fault it is. I'm tired of trying to develop David Carr. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to concentrate on making this team better, and winning football games, and not trying to make David feel comfortable.

You had made the comment that Carr doesnt care what happens here after he is gone and you made it sound like it was a bad thing. I was just asking the question of would you care.

Think of the worst job and the worst boss you ever had, after you left did you with that company well or try and keep track of how they were doing?

\

he said that during the season, wtf was he supposed to say. if he was doing everything asked of him and they are still trading him....well that tells you that they think he isn't any good

i just hope some of these flybynight Texan fans from California leave once Carr is inevitably thrown to the scrap heap. we can then have fans of the Texans on our forums and not fans of one player. Then we can have honest discussion about our team and not biased homering.

There you are showing your "class" again. :rolleyes:

You assume that those who are Carr fans aren't Texans fans. I assume you'll be disappointed to see my name still here after Carr is traded.

I enjoy honest discussion and not immature personal attacks on others. There are plenty of folks here who want to see the team go on a new direction without David but don't attack his character, his work habits, his family, etc. etc.

You must spend most of your time on this board and not following the NFL. If a player has character or work ethic problems it gets out. So far I have heard nothing negative about David in that direction and we won't either.

\

if carr leaves this team it will mean the texans will sign yet another rookie qb and i dont think that will work. Im a carr fan and i hope he leaves because he deserves much better then houston could ever give him.

if carr leaves this team it will mean the texans will sign yet another rookie qb and i dont think that will work. Im a carr fan and i hope he leaves because he deserves much better then houston could ever give him.

And has given him. He has repeatedly gotten up after he has been beaten into the ground due to that very offensive line.

He has been put down as a player and as a man. So has his family. His work ethic has been questioned. His pregnant wife had beer thrown on her by a Texans "fan."

Ya hear that, Ibar Harry?

When Carr goes, take off!.:ok:

And has given him. He has repeatedly gotten up after he has been beaten into the ground due to that very offensive line.

He has been put down as a player and as a man. So has his family. His work ethic has been questioned. His pregnant wife had beer thrown on her by a Texans "fan."

Majority of us are not like that but sadly in the end its what people will remember the most. Compared to a lot of fans around the league we probably have the best and more tolerant fans than most.

I do wish Carr could have worked out here but in the end its best we part ways and hope he becomes a star somewhere else.

Majority of us are not like that but sadly in the end its what people will remember the most. Compared to a lot of fans around the league we probably have the best and more tolerant fans than most.

I do wish Carr could have worked out here but in the end its best we part ways and hope he becomes a star somewhere else.

Thank you. You are an example to other fans.

\

How about the fans with blind hatred, do you think they will disappear as well?

I wouldn't.

kinda like taking a test and gettng a zero, no one says much. but if you score a 14 on it.. everyone is laughing...

seriously or not.. when I read that .. I think of Jason Garrett..he made lots of money being a carreer backup and honestly I don't know how many games he played without looking but he got paid well holding a clipboard

wow porkster.. guess it is settled. all of the texans (to the fans that is)problems are Carr ... we draft Quinn (who is 10 times better).. super bowl here we come...

:yahoo:

Nice of you to put words in my mouth.

to some of the fans that post on here.. all i have heard is it is carr it is carr.. even when Carr had a good game .it was still Carr

I dont know y people bash Carr. I live in Canada and up here everyone has there reasons behind y they are a fan of whatever team. usually its packers, eagles, raiders...well u know what not me...TEXANS. fan ever since NFL Blitz 03 and the classic play carr bomb. hes been with us through all the **** and still shows promise. i dont see y we would turn our back on a first overall pick and let it haunt us in the future. im telling you without him, its bull**** free agency, plummer - so help me god, or we draft and its a merry go round situation.

he still has potential, and until we give him a god damn o-line then we can judge. until then give the kid a break.

I dont know y people bash Carr. I live in Canada and up here everyone has there reasons behind y they are a fan of whatever team. usually its packers, eagles, raiders...well u know what not me...TEXANS. fan ever since NFL Blitz 03 and the classic play carr bomb. hes been with us through all the **** and still shows promise. i dont see y we would turn our back on a first overall pick and let it haunt us in the future. im telling you without him, its bull**** free agency, plummer - so help me god, or we draft and its a merry go round situation.

he still has potential, and until we give him a god damn o-line then we can judge. until then give the kid a break.

Who, according to some, shouldn't be here cause they're not from Texas.

Welcome. I vacation in Canada frequently. Love it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back