Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Clownboys Video 2004 Mnf

Huge said:
33-10

21-20

Very good. Mommy and daddy is so proud of you that you remembered last year's score against the,then ailing, Eagles. You get a gold star.

Do you know who gave the Cowboys the worst beating ever in Texas Stadium? If you do, you will get a 2nd star and I will make sure it is blue. :rolleyes:

flylikeaneagle said:
Very good. Mommy and daddy is so proud of you that you remembered last year's score against the,then ailing, Eagles. You get a gold star.

Do you know who gave the Cowboys the worst beating ever in Texas Stadium? If you do, you will get a 2nd star and I will make sure it is blue. :rolleyes:
I sure do (know who gave Dallas their worst beating in Texas Stadium). Though I'm not sure why you're bringing it up. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Philadelphia. Mommy and daddy wouldn't be too proud of you.

Can I still have that 2nd star?

PowerfulDragon said:
too bad the benny hill theme is played out.

Oh, I don't know. Not so bad. But next time I expect more running and much faster running if they're gonna play it. Also, if we have a few running in their underware and maybe a bald guy getting smacked on the head repeatedly, then they can cue the music. :francis:

Huge said:
I sure do (know who gave Dallas their worst beating in Texas Stadium). Though I'm not sure why you're bringing it up. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Philadelphia. Mommy and daddy wouldn't be too proud of you.

Who was it? We were at that Monday Night game when the cowgirl got crushed. Thw only loss that was worse on the cowgirls was in Cinci.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20041115006

Here is the link, you cowpuke!

I had season tickets and I'm gonna say it was around the time the Bears went to the Super Bowl; maybe even the year they did, but I remember a game in Dallas that was something like 44-0.

Huge said:

Bears 44-0 in '85. Can I have a star too?

There was this dufus at work betting everbody he could find that Dallas wouldn't score a point. Well I thought he was a dufus....he made a few hundred bucks. (including 20 from me)

Exactly. It was Da Bears giving the Cowboys their worst beating in Texas Stadium. Philly put up the most points against the Cowboys in Texas Stadium. They were both whoopings. I know my Eagles got whooped up several times. LOL! Ah, the moments.

"This one was eminently forgettable for Dallas fans as the team gave up its most points ever at home and its most anywhere since a 50-24 loss at Cincinnati in December 1985. The Cowboys allowed four touchdowns in one quarter (the second) for the first time in franchise history and the 35 points Philadelphia scored in the first half tied another dubious record." This is a quote from the earlier link.

Excuse me, it wasnt the worst beating ever for the boys. It was just three scoring records against the cowgirls at home. Apparently it was Cincy in '85 and not the bears.

eagle.randall said:
You're right. I think it was the point of arguing. How is a cowgirls fan a higly respected member of your message boards? I grew up in Houston, that doesn't make sense.

What's so big about it? We have several Jag fans that frequent here as well. Rival fans can be civil towards one another, ya know.

eagle.randall said:
Who was it? We were at that Monday Night game when the cowgirl got crushed. Thw only loss that was worse on the cowgirls was in Cinci.

Maybe I just lack simple reading comprehension skills. So if you could help me out and show me in the article where it says the Eagles gave Dallas their worst beating ever in Texas Stadium, I sure would appreciate it.

But I did do pretty well in Math and History. And since your math skills seem to need a little work, here's a lesson:

49-21 = 28 point differential.

As it's been pointed out, Chicago pasted us 44-0 back in '85 (Cincinatti was a road game). I won't over estimate your calculating abilities and help you out...that's a 44 point difference.

Back in '88, Minnesota beat us 43-3. That's a 40 point difference...just in case.

eagle.randall said:
You're right. I think it was the point of arguing. How is a cowgirls fan a higly respected member of your message boards? I grew up in Houston, that doesn't make sense.
Somebody hold me up. An Eagles fan talking about respectability? Don't you have some Duracells somewhere that need chucking?

eagle.randall said:
"This one was eminently forgettable for Dallas fans as the team gave up its most points ever at home and its most anywhere since a 50-24 loss at Cincinnati in December 1985. The Cowboys allowed four touchdowns in one quarter (the second) for the first time in franchise history and the 35 points Philadelphia scored in the first half tied another dubious record." This is a quote from the earlier link.

Excuse me, it wasnt the worst beating ever for the boys. It was just three scoring records against the cowgirls at home. Apparently it was Cincy in '85 and not the bears.

I admitted it wasn't their worst beating. Just most points ever at home, 4 TD's in one quarter, and 35 points in a half. I realized it wasn't their worst beating after finding the link I posted earlier.

Ah that's the fun of sports. Sometimes you dominate teams you should and sometimes you get knocked on your butt. I've seen both and the up and down of the game is what keeps me interested. You really never know what's going to happen for the most part.

I do remember that particular game was the one time I actually thought I'd see a player die on the field. The Bears were killing Steve Pelluer..it was like the Cowboys were a high school team and the Bears just destroyed them. And like the nerd I am I stayed for the whole game!

eagle.randall said:
I admitted it wasn't their worst beating. Just most points ever at home, 4 TD's in one quarter, and 35 points in a half. I realized it wasn't their worst beating after finding the link I posted earlier.
In other words, you're a "talk trash first, check your facts later" kind of guy.

My advice is to not be in such a hurry to make somebody else look bad. It helps to keep egg off your face.

Title of this particular board: "The National Football League NFL community, rival fans, and league news"

Golfmastiff said:
:shoot: :spy: Why is it that Texan Fans have infiltrators on OUR messageboard talking about teams that mean nothing to us?

Most teams have an NFL board where NFL fans can post. All the ones I've ever been to anyway.

Huge said:
In other words, you're a "talk trash first, check your facts later" kind of guy.

Not really. I don't like to make myself look ignorant. I guess I misread, misunderstood, or just got excited to talk smack to a cowgirl fan. Either way, you were right about your point and I got to brag about killing the boys at home. We should both be satified.

As long as T.O. continues to cause trouble in Dallas, all Eagles fans are satisfied.

You are correct. I've been satisfied since 33-10 and 21-20. Hence the reason I posted it in the first place.

Being right is/was just a bonus.

flylikeaneagle said:
That is a Dallas fan for ya right there. Big mouths with idiocy coming out of 'em.
Quick, remind everybody which team gave Dallas their worst beating ever in Texas Stadium.

Hello, pot...meet kettle. You're black.

I'd try a little harder to make you look stupid but you're doing all the work for me.

What in the sam hell are you talking about????? LMAO!

If you want facts, the most ever points allowed by the Cowboys in Texas Stadium was in November of 2004 when the Eagles whooped them. Dallas gave up its most points ever at home and its most anywhere since a 50-24 loss at Cincinnati in December 1985. It was the Cowboys fourth loss ever.

I was right, as well as the other guy above, that the Bears gave the Cowboys their worst loss ever in Texas Stadium back in 1985.... 44-0.

So get YOUR facts straight before your fingers get typing..... Cowboys allowed the most points ever at Texas Stadium against the Eagles in 2004. The Bears gave the Cowboys the worst beating ever at Texas Stadium in 1985.

Have a good day. :cool:

Replay:
flylikeaneagle said:
Exactly. It was Da Bears giving the Cowboys their worst beating in Texas Stadium. Philly put up the most points against the Cowboys in Texas Stadium. They were both whoopings. I know my Eagles got whooped up several times. LOL! Ah, the moments.

flylikeaneagle said:
What in the sam hell are you talking about????? LMAO!

If you want facts, the most ever points allowed by the Cowboys in Texas Stadium was in November of 2004 when the Eagles whooped them. Dallas gave up its most points ever at home and its most anywhere since a 50-24 loss at Cincinnati in December 1985. It was the Cowboys fourth loss ever.

I was right, as well as the other guy above, that the Bears gave the Cowboys their worst loss ever in Texas Stadium back in 1985.... 44-0.

So get YOUR facts straight before your fingers get typing..... Cowboys allowed the most points ever at Texas Stadium against the Eagles in 2004. The Bears gave the Cowboys the worst beating ever at Texas Stadium in 1985.

Have a good day. :cool:

Replay:
So he didn't say the Eagles gave Dallas their worst beating in Texas Stadium?

eagle.randall said:

Oh wait a minute...yes he did.

As I said, you're doing all the work for me. Keep up the 'good' work.

Vinny said:
Philly fans...you will have to learn to post without calling people morons or idiots in an ongoing manner (unless you like your posts deleted). Attack the message and not the messenger please....a little bit of personal slamming is ok...but leave the ritual, redundant moron and idiot blasts at your home forum for the most part.

Who called who a moron or an idiot? I missed that post. :confused:

Huge said:

Oh wait a minute...yes he did.

As I said, you're doing all the work for me. Keep up the 'good' work.

You quoted me... not him. I never said that -- he did. LMAO! i get waht you are saying in the last part but if you are going to bring up the 'kettle' thing... get the right quote of the person first.

Way to go Randall! LMAO!

Maybe if I give you a 50/50 shot you won't get too confused.

My 5 year old has this one figured out...

True or False:
randall.eagle said: The Eagles gave Dallas their worst beating ever in Texas Stadium.

Before you answer, here's a hint...
eagle.randall said:
Who was it (that gave Dallas their worst beating ever if it wasn't Philly)? We were at that Monday Night game when the cowgirl got crushed. Thw only loss that was worse on the cowgirls was in Cinci.
I'll give you a minute to think it over.

True or False:

After having the correct answer submitted by a non-Eagles/non-Cowboys fan (star goes to TD Rivers), eagle.randall then recanted his statement (In other words, he didn't have his facts straight), by admitting that the Eagles did not hand Dallas their worst loss in Texas Stadium.

Again, before you answer, here's a hint...
eagle.randall said:
Need another minute for this one?

Ready to continue he lesson?

A. or B.

You are quoted as saying this (let me know if it's out of context)...
flylikeaneagle said:
Do you know who gave the Cowboys the worst beating ever in Texas Stadium? If you do, you will get a 2nd star and I will make sure it is blue.
Now there are two reasons why you would ask me if I knew who gave Dallas their worst beating in Texas Stadium.

A. You have your facts straight. In which case, why would you care that it was Chicago (Read: not Philadelphia) that administered the beating?

B. You don't have your facts straight. In which case, you were under the impression that Philadelphia was the team that administered the beating.

And just in case there's a pop quiz later, here are some other FACTS:

1. 33-10
2. 21-20
3. 53-40
4. Dallas - 18 NFC East Championships since '70
5. Philly - 6 NFC East Championships since '70
6. Dallas - 8 NFC Championships
7. Philly - 2 NFC Championships
8. Dallas - 5 Super Bowl Championships
9. Philly - 0 Super Bowl Championships
10. All-Time Post Season Record - Dallas - 33-22
11. All-Time Post Season Record - Philly - 16-16
12. flylikeaneagle - pwn3d

Have a No. 2 pencil standing by just in case.

This one should be a little easier because it's recent history...
flylikeaneagle said:
You quoted me... not him. I never said that -- he did. LMAO! i get waht you are saying in the last part but if you are going to bring up the 'kettle' thing... get the right quote of the person first.
True or False:

I quoted both of you.

If you look a few posts above this one, you'll see the first quote came from you. The second came from your partner.

In my statement...
Huge said:
...you'll see I attributed that quote to him...not you.

Don't sweat it though. Next lesson is reading comprehension. But bring a lunch as I'm sure it's going to take you awhile.

LMAO!!!! That is funny stuff. I can go right back and do that to you. I knew the answer. That is the problem with discussions on the internet... things get mixed up. I knew what you were saying with the 'kettle' thing because of what Randall said but I know why he said that -- he can stand up for his own. I was referring to the person who thought that was Owens in that play. That is HYSTERICAL. The reason I mentioned that 'infamous question' is because most Cowboys fans do not know and they hardly know anything but how many Superbowls they have.... MOST FANS. They can google all they want when the question is asked. I quiz Dallas fans in person all the time and never ever met one that knew the answers to easy questions. I hate Dallas and I know more Dallas stats than most of your fellow fans. You ask Philly fans questions about their team and most of them can answer them... no matter how tough but again... our fans are not based on mostly bandwagoners (since we never won a Superbowl) but made up of die hard fans that are there no matter what for their team -- to either cheer them or boo them -- we are still there.

Finally, why do Cowboys fans keep bringing up stuff that happened a decade ago or more? Very few Steelers fans brag about their Superbowl trophies after they are defeated and for some reason... that is the only thing Dallas fans can throw out there. IT IS GAURANTEED that after Dallas gets spanked... EVERY FAN OUT THERE THAT I HAVE RUN ACROSS yells out "we have five rings.... who cares". LMAO! Very strange and I do not see any of those people wearing the actual ring. It is like me yelling out after the Eagles get beat by the Bengals or some team that has never won a Championship and saying "who cares... we have three NFL championships".

I had a Dallas fan from Connecticut ask me why his fellow fans are called Cockroaches by other fans. Duh! When they are losing and sucking, you will hardly ever see a Dallas fan --- anywhere. Not online. Not at the bars with their Dallas apparel on. Where do they go? They go back into the dark spaces of their walls until some hype about their team gets released. Then they come crawling out with their annoyances and spread like a wild fire until they start sucking again. Most of your fellow fans became fans of the Cowboys in the 90s. MOST. Sad. Very, very sad.

I know you are a true fan and I respect that part. You have been coming here throughout the rough years and showing your colors. Kudos to you. Too bad you can't spread that passion to the rest of your fellow fans. It would be a great benefit to society and they might induct you in the NFL Hall Of Fame.

flylikeaneagle said:
LMAO!!!! That is funny stuff. I can go right back and do that to you. I knew the answer.
Okay, so you went with Answer "A" - You have your facts straight. In which case, why would you care that it was Chicago (Read: not Philadelphia) that administered the beating?

So along those lines, would you really care if I rubbed it in your face that back in '75 the LA Rams dookie stomped Philly 42-3 at the Vet? I wouldn't think you would because of a few reasons:

1. I have no affiliation with the Rams.
2. It happened back in '75.
3. My team, Dallas, had nothing to do with that game.

If you wouldn't care, what would be your motive for asking this question?
flylikeaneagle said:
That is the problem with discussions on the internet... things get mixed up. I knew what you were saying with the 'kettle' thing because of what Randall said but I know why he said that -- he can stand up for his own. I was referring to the person who thought that was Owens in that play. That is HYSTERICAL.
There wasn't much mixing up on my part. I'm aware of who you were calling out and why. Who and why wasn't what I had a problem with. Where I came (back) in was after this:
flylikeaneagle said:
That is a Dallas fan for ya right there. Big mouths with idiocy coming out of 'em.
Don't you find it a bit hypocritical to make such a claim while Eagles fans are exhibiting at least the same level of idiocy on the same thread? I mean your example of our (Dallas fans in general) idiocy stems from one of our fans incorrectly identifying one of your players. Your (Eagles fans in general) idiocy comes from one of your fans incorrectly identifying the Eagles as the team to give Dallas their worst beatdown in Texas Stadium.

So are you under the impression our idiocy levels exceeds yours? If so, how?

You don't have to answer that. I doubt I'd take what you had to say seriously. Here would be an example of what I'm talking about...
flylikeaneagle said:
The reason I mentioned that 'infamous question' is because most Cowboys fans do not know and they hardly know anything but how many Superbowls they have.... MOST FANS.
Ah...so this was your motive. You were just checking to see if I knew my Cowboys history. 'Cause a game played back in '85 between Chicago and Dallas is relevant on an Eagles/Cowboys thread. You betcha. :ok:

flylikeaneagle said:
They can google all they want when the question is asked. I quiz Dallas fans in person all the time and never ever met one that knew the answers to easy questions. I hate Dallas and I know more Dallas stats than most of your fellow fans. You ask Philly fans questions about their team and most of them can answer them... no matter how tough but again... our fans are not based on mostly bandwagoners (since we never won a Superbowl) but made up of die hard fans that are there no matter what for their team -- to either cheer them or boo them -- we are still there.
Yeah, I don't sugarcoat our fan base. But I'm also not blind to what else goes on around the league. Every team has its bandwagon fans. There are fans outside of Philly that cheer on the Eagles because of their recent run of 4 consecutive NFC Championship games (even if they did lose 3 of them). You may not want to recognize or accept this, but it'd fall under FACT #13.
flylikeaneagle said:
Finally, why do Cowboys fans keep bringing up stuff that happened a decade ago or more? Very few Steelers fans brag about their Superbowl trophies after they are defeated and for some reason... that is the only thing Dallas fans can throw out there. IT IS GAURANTEED that after Dallas gets spanked... EVERY FAN OUT THERE THAT I HAVE RUN ACROSS yells out "we have five rings.... who cares". LMAO! Very strange and I do not see any of those people wearing the actual ring. It is like me yelling out after the Eagles get beat by the Bengals or some team that has never won a Championship and saying "who cares... we have three NFL championships".
You do realize you're asking this question (Why do Cowboys fans bring up stuff that happened years ago?) on a thread that you started concerning something that happened two years ago, don't you? See what I mean about hypocrisy?

Who cares if it was 10 or 2 years ago?

flylikeaneagle said:
I had a Dallas fan from Connecticut ask me why his fellow fans are called Cockroaches by other fans. Duh! When they are losing and sucking, you will hardly ever see a Dallas fan --- anywhere. Not online. Not at the bars with their Dallas apparel on. Where do they go? They go back into the dark spaces of their walls until some hype about their team gets released. Then they come crawling out with their annoyances and spread like a wild fire until they start sucking again. Most of your fellow fans became fans of the Cowboys in the 90s. MOST. Sad. Very, very sad.
See previous post about our fans and MOST fans in general.
flylikeaneagle said:
I know you are a true fan and I respect that part. You have been coming here throughout the rough years and showing your colors. Kudos to you. Too bad you can't spread that passion to the rest of your fellow fans. It would be a great benefit to society and they might induct you in the NFL Hall Of Fame.
What rough years? Dallas won their 1st Super Bowl a few months after I was born. I've been fortunate to live through 4 Super Bowl wins (too young to remember the first one). If Dallas doesn't win another Super Bowl for the rest of my life, I'd be okay with that. Some fans don't ever get to experience that. I've done it four times.

I dunno, maybe that's why so many of our fans bring up our 5 Super Bowls...because we can fall back on that memory. Most fan bases can't do that. And like it or not, we do have that over most of you. If you understood the feeling of winning a Super Bowl, you'd understand what we mean. As a fan of the Eagles, it's not likely to happen but anything's possible.

It's not something that goes away because it was 10 years ago. Us bragging about winning 5 aren't bragging about the 5 banners hanging in our toilet sans the tank. We're bragging about the fact we've been able to experience that feeling.

Does that mean I hope Dallas doesn't win another? 'Course not. It's just that each one from here on out would just be considered a bonus for me. But I've got friends of just about every fan base (including Philly). So hopefully one day my friends (not including the Philly fans) will also get to enjoy that feeling.

You must be really bored. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Lighten up man. Geeesh.

Quick responses to each one of your ramblings:

1. Yes, I would care and do care that you brought up 1975 and the Rams beating the Eagles at the Vet. Nothing wrong with keeping the mind fresh with NFL history. I love it.

2. Forgot... Dallas fans like to remind themselves they are perfect. LMAO!

3. No, I do not find it hypocritical because those two things are different. The Cowboys fan said that was Owens in that play. Owens plays for the Cowboys now and that was an infamous play that happened in Texas Stadium. It was Mitchell. He should have known that. Hell, my 4 year old knows that. Randall's post was different and I tell you why. You cannot expect every NFL fan to know every team's worst loss or beating. If you do, you sir are in idiot. The Dallas beating by the Bears had nothing to do with HIS team. Nothing. So it is not idiocy but just ignorance of not knowing the answer. Everyone is ignorant. Including me because I do not know everything and never will claim I do.

4. Yes, your team's history is relevant. Always will be. Just like your ancestry is important. Maybe that is another thing that seperates the fans in Dallas and Philly. We still cherish our history even without Superbowl wins while Dallas fans only cherish their Superbowl wins and nothing else. Hmmmm.

5. Yes, every team has bandwagon fans but none compared to the Cowboys. They are the Yankees of Football. The Evil Empire of the NFL.

6. You are misunderstanding what I am saying here. Not talking about the team's history and people talking about it. I am talking about when Dallas is getting beat or theya re having a bad year.... the only ammunition the fans have is "the rings". That is dumb. Take the loss like men and just say good game and we will beat you next time -- then boo your team. LOL!

7. You are saying you have never been alive during the rough years of Dallas? B.S. The last 10 years have been rough and yet you still came on this board. I was giving you kudos for being a true fan. You did not come to this board during this offseason like some. Go back and read what I said. LMAO! You cannot get that confused. :rolleyes: And yes, some teams have won more than a few Superbowls and most of their fans do not act like your fellow fans. You watch them when they are talking to a opposing team's fan... you will see it and you WILL laugh.

Peace and spread the love! Out!

Back