Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Chronicle: The Mallett/Hoyer Competition

Wow.... and I thought I was skeptical!
It was totally unplanned when one of Nate or Crate(don't know either) recognized Jackson enough to ask who he was, then asked him to come over and put the headset on and they started asking away.

I wish he would've been more specific on the basis for his Mallett opinion, but they didn't probe. Both were a bit taken aback, one held firm to his strong preference for Mallett. Jackson was very matter of fact about it. Dude has a future in radio if he wants it, imo... well-spoken, interesting.

It was totally unplanned when one of Nate or Crate(don't know either) recognized Jackson enough to ask who he was, then asked him to come over and put the headset on and they started asking away.

I wish he would've been more specific on the basis for his Mallett opinion, but they didn't probe. Both were a bit taken aback, one held firm to his strong preference for Mallett. Jackson was very matter of fact about it. Dude has a future in radio if he wants it, imo... well-spoken, interesting.

It's on their site now.

Good.

Someone can listen and fact check my post. A lot of info packed into a short time, I was efforting to keep up and get some notes.

Edit: Jackson spoke about O'Brien holding players accountable and how it was very smart for him to get rid of players that didn't "buy in". Forgot about that part.

Last edited:
I'd have liked to had "polo" as well. At the same time I'm not all that upset about where we are. I really do think Mallett is going to surprise a lot of people, take this job over Hoyer, and run with it all the way to the postseason.

I also believe that if OB had chosen to just take a shot at Mallett earlier in the season we'd have made it to the playoffs in 2014. I'm not knocking him for not doing it though. I just don't think (in hindsight) that doing that is in OB's nature. Either way it was his call and he's going to approach this the way he wants to but I don't see him bringing Hoyer in as being necessarily an admission that Mallett isn't capable of great things. I think he's improved the position group when he had a chance to do so following a season where he needed 4 guys playing to get to the end. He learned a lesson about depth and he brought in a guy he knew with experience in his offense. Kubiak had a similar experience and went from regularly keeping only 2 QB's active to 3 for a while. If Hoyer can beat out Mallett then he should start but having said that I think it's more about less drop-off at the position if Mallett goes down. Letting Hoyer compete for the starting job is mostly about pushing Mallett and was probably a condition of Hoyer coming here to begin with. That he accepted the Texans telling him he'd get a fair shot to compete at starting says a lot about what he thinks of OB and how honest he'd be about that.

Mallett beats out Hoyer and has a Pro Bowl season (not one of those that just blows people away but one where he gets to go after a couple of bigger names pass due to "injuries" and other junk. Call it a borderline Pro Bowl season if you will.

There is very little doubt in my mind that Hoyer was signed so early because at that point OB was not going to bet the farm on Mallet rehabbing AND returning to optimal form by game 1. As I've posted before, he should be able to come back from this injury as good as new. But the actual physical rehabilitation period still needed to be followed by completion of his game-ready on-the-field skills, which would most likely not occur before training camp. I am pretty sure that OB was not going to accept a one option plan in that he probably did not feel comfortable with Savage being thrown in to salvage the season if anything went wrong with Mallet's return.......thus Hoyer. Any reports of Mallet having some bad performance days should not be of inordinate concern. Mallet up to this point of the offseason has not had the adequate period of time to SOLELY concentrate on honing his performance skills.............Hoyer has.

3463-603Fr.jpg

610AM impromptu interview with former Oiler S Steve Jackson who also spent 12 years as an NFL defensive secondary coach(Bills, Redskins, Lions)... they covered a lot of ground, so trying to parse this into proper topics

Mallett -- all potential, don't see him putting a good product on the field
Hoyer -- intagibles, known quantity, steady, can get you to 9-7, first round of playoffs

Character/leadership/accountability/leading a team much more important than people know.

Q: So Hoyer would be your starter? SJ: Absolutely.

Q: 2015 Record for Texans? SJ: 8-8

Has he had a chance to watch them both in OTA's?

NO ONE KNOWS!!!!!!

You, me, Stevie Jackson, hell, Bill O'Brien doesn't truly know what an unproven 2 career start player is going to do in this league. If people knew that ****, you wouldn't have draft busts like you do or Arian Foster's going undrafted.

There is no science to this and NOBODY knows how it will work out until games are played and a body of work is created. For Mallett, for Hoyer, for Mariota, for Garappolo, for anybody.

Good.

Someone can listen and fact check my post. A lot of info packed into a short time, I was efforting to keep up and get some notes.

Edit: Jackson spoke about O'Brien holding players accountable and how it was very smart for him to get rid of players that didn't "buy in". Forgot about that part.
He also made a point to question who the offensive leaders would be on this team. A.J. is gone, Foster lets his play speak for him (now days anyway), there's really no one in the WR group to look to, TEs? Nope. Like it or not, leadership usually comes form the QB position. Between Mallett and Hoyer he's thinking Hoyer has the most experience. Mallett has loads of potential but is still a relatively unknown quantity. Jackson's take on things, not mine. But I see where he's coming from.

Fitz has lots of experience and not much leadership. Kind of a silly take IMO. The team responded to Mallett.

Maybe I was reading multiple posts of the same quote, but I got the sense that Mallett more than once made comments around preferring to practice and being more comfortable in pads. Thought I read a commentary as well that said he performed better in game-like situations as opposed to drills. Not really saying anything here, other than the TC environment might be more comfortable to him than doing drills in shorts. Will be interesting to watch. But if he can't beat out someone like Hoyer, he isn't going to have a career in this league as anything other than a clipboard holder.

Fitz has lots of experience and not much leadership. Kind of a silly take IMO. The team responded to Mallett.
I remember Blue and Grimes punishing the Browns for 200+ yds, a smothering D, and the trick TD to Watt pumping up the team. I do remember Mallett finally making use of our TEs better than Fitz had.

Maybe I was reading multiple posts of the same quote, but I got the sense that Mallett more than once made comments around preferring to practice and being more comfortable in pads. Thought I read a commentary as well that said he performed better in game-like situations as opposed to drills. Not really saying anything here, other than the TC environment might be more comfortable to him than doing drills in shorts. Will be interesting to watch. But if he can't beat out someone like Hoyer, he isn't going to have a career in this league as anything other than a clipboard holder.

Lots of reporters have been saying this in OTAs. Mallett really comes alive during 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s

There is very little doubt in my mind that Hoyer was signed so early because at that point OB was not going to bet the farm on Mallet rehabbing AND returning to optimal form by game 1. As I've posted before, he should be able to come back from this injury as good as new. But the actual physical rehabilitation period still needed to be followed by completion of his game-ready on-the-field skills, which would most likely not occur before training camp. I am pretty sure that OB was not going to accept a one option plan in that he probably did not feel comfortable with Savage being thrown in to salvage the season if anything went wrong with Mallet's return.......thus Hoyer. Any reports of Mallet having some bad performance days should not be of inordinate concern. Mallet up to this point of the offseason has not had the adequate period of time to SOLELY concentrate on honing his performance skills.............Hoyer has.

I agree with this. Hoyer was brought in for his familiarity with OB and the offense and his job is to push Mallett for the job. If you are not competing you are not getting better. Mallet earned the starting job at some point last year and was injured, OB wants to make sure that he has 2 QBs that can start in case of injuries. I fully expect if the back up QB in OAK (McGloin) becomes available as in waived OB would be interested. Also Mallett will get the benefit of Arian Foster which he did not have in his 2 starts.

...I got the sense that Mallett... more comfortable in pads. Thought I read a commentary as well that said he performed better in game-like situations as opposed to drills...

Jayson Braddock came up with the "not a practice player", and Mal said he prefers pads fwiw...

Jayson Braddock: Need to watch more but Mallett doesn't strike me as a "practice player". Not as comfortable as when live bullets fly.

Ryan Mallett: "I prefer the pads being on. I wish we had them on right now."

I remember Blue and Grimes punishing the Browns for 200+ yds, a smothering D, and the trick TD to Watt pumping up the team.
Yes, a defense that was smothering one Brian Hoyer. Also, I have to give Mallett some credit for the running games results, as the Browns safeties had to honor the deep pass and stay out of the box.

3463-603Fr.jpg

610AM impromptu interview with former Oiler S Steve Jackson who also spent 12 years as an NFL defensive secondary coach(Bills, Redskins, Lions)... they covered a lot of ground, so trying to parse this into proper topics

Mallett -- all potential, don't see him putting a good product on the field
Hoyer -- intagibles, known quantity, steady, can get you to 9-7, first round of playoffs

Character/leadership/accountability/leading a team much more important than people know.

Q: So Hoyer would be your starter? SJ: Absolutely.

Q: 2015 Record for Texans? SJ: 8-8

Jackson also admitted that by selecting Hoyer, you are basically settling for what you had from Matt Schaub in his last few seasons. His argument wasn't about which one is better, it was about which one is safer. He said if you pick Mallett you have to be ok risking your job security on an unknown quantity. He didn't claim to know anything other than that.

I agree with this. Hoyer was brought in for his familiarity with OB and the offense and his job is to push Mallett for the job. If you are not competing you are not getting better. Mallet earned the starting job at some point last year and was injured, OB wants to make sure that he has 2 QBs that can start in case of injuries.

So what do you think OB told Hoyer about the job to get him to sign?

Jackson also admitted that by selecting Hoyer, you are basically settling for what you had from Matt Schaub in his last few seasons. His argument wasn't about which one is better, it was about which one is safer. He said if you pick Mallett you have to be ok risking your job security on an unknown quantity. He didn't claim to know anything other than that.

He said about Mallett "I just don't ever see him being able to put a good product on the field" after he had said a lot of positive things about Hoyer. And then he was asked if Brian Hoyer was not only able to lead the Texans to the playoffs but win in the playoffs, w/o hesitation "absolutely, absolutely".

You say he didn't claim anything but he claimed many things when he was initially asked about Hoyer and Mallett which is he doesn't see Mallett being able to get it done (put a good product on the field) and Hoyer can win in the playoffs. Nate started prodding him because he's a Mallett fan and that's when Jackson started backing off the Hoyer comments he made initially.

For the record, I don't hold much credence in Jackson, or hold his opinion up in high regard. But it's not as if he was wishy/washy about who he thinks should be the starter and he gave his reasons why.

Last edited:
I remember Blue and Grimes punishing the Browns for 200+ yds, a smothering D, and the trick TD to Watt pumping up the team. I do remember Mallett finally making use of our TEs better than Fitz had.
I remember Mallett getting them up to the liner faster than I'd ever seen Fitz work, even in 2 min drills. He wasn't torching anyone, but he was generally making good decisions with the ball and definitely seemed to have better command of the huddle. (At least the times I wasn't shivering too badly it looked that way)

I remember Mallett getting them up to the liner faster than I'd ever seen Fitz work, even in 2 min drills. He wasn't torching anyone, but he was generally making good decisions with the ball and definitely seemed to have better command of the huddle. (At least the times I wasn't shivering too badly it looked that way)
You might have a point. I remember Fitz learned how it was supposed to be done from watching Mallett run things.
...at least it seemed so since he torched Tenn for six scores the next time he got to start.

In the bubble today, and just the one practice...

from minicamp thread
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith

O'Brien looking for "most consistent guy" in naming #Texans' starting QB. #NFL

O'Brien... Wouldn't read too much into which players ran with 1s, 2s. #Texans "very confident" in both QBs.

Brian Hoyer ran 1s today. Best practice to date. Much sharper and more in control. Mallett also more accurate. #Texans
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

O'Brien on QBs "We feel confident in both guys. They've done a really good job. We've thrown a lot of situations at them."

Hoyer is smooth, smart and accurate. Looks like he's been in this system for years. Has a nice touch on all throws. Looked good today.

Brian Hoyer is such a nautral in the system implemented by coach Bill O'Brien and OC George Godsey. QB gets a lot of freedom at the line.

I've been saying for 2 weeks and I'll say it again: I believe Brian Hoyer will be Texans' starting QB when they open against Kansas City.
PDS ‏@PatDStat

If today repeats itself through mini-camp and the start of training camp, Brian Hoyer will be named the starter.

O’Brien still feels that there is not enough both the QBs can do to separate themselves to be named the starter. #Texans

Hoyer has a much better feel for throwing the football. His touch is better than Mallett’s, today was pretty clear. #Texans

Best Brian Hoyer had looked from all the workouts. Was pretty solid all practice throwing the football. #Texans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

"The most consistent guy," O'Brien says, on how he'll chose his starting quarterback. #Texans

Brian Hoyer is very natural in this offense. He told me this offense is like coming home and it shows during practices. #Texans

Strong day for Brian Hoyer today. More and more of those that we've seen. Minicamp will be fully open to us. #Texans

Parsed comments on QBs from the whole.

The consensus for today was not that Mallett necessarily fell back but that Hoyer showed dramatic improvement...

And that both look better than FitzBeard did in all areas of the game.

Last edited:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock

Will the increased speed lead to decisions based on half field scans which lead to not seeing ILBs baiting coverages?

Tom Savage showed an increased understanding of the offense & time to release in mini-camp but Max Bullough jumped a route underneath too.

Savage in pads: Intrigued to see his quicker internal clock & if he makes mistakes based off quicker decisions.

Mallett in pads: Facing closing pocket & this secondary, is he more natural than in minicamp?

Biggest difference when pads go on: Hoyer - Conservative, holds ball to ensure open WR, sacks in real time, completions in OTAs / camp.

Tom Savage: Arm talent, smart. Wildcard that is just touching his potential. Having his rare 2nd yr in the same offense. Anyone's guess.

Brian Hoyer: Conservative, smart, touch passer. Won't WOW you but understands the OFF. Won't win you games but won't lose them. Slow reads.

Ryan Mallett: He gives you big play ability, passes w/ anticipation, arm talent. True gunslinger that will throw occasional dirt ball.

There's a long break until training camp starts and the pads go on but here's an early look at the Texans' 3 QBs.

O'Brien still has to continue to develop & grow, just like his players. Conservative QB play can get you to a bowl game, not the playoffs.

Last yr OB had a lot of college elements to his coaching. You're starting to see those things evaporate, like the laps for false starts, etc

It's not just rookie players that develop from year to year. Rookie coaches should show growth as well. Bill O'Brien is doing just that.​

The Chronicle, this morning, reported that one advantage Hoyer has over Mallett is his mobility and ability to throw on the run. With his height, Mallett is not as mobile. But Mallett has an excellent play action fake. This was one of Schaub's strengths and Mallett is equally adept.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock

Brian Hoyer: Conservative, smart, touch passer. Won't WOW you but understands the OFF. Won't win you games but won't lose them. Slow reads.

Ryan Mallett: He gives you big play ability, passes w/ anticipation, arm talent. True gunslinger that will throw occasional dirt ball.

These are the statements that most caught my eye.

There have been several reports that Hoyer passes have sailed high.......and Mallet passes have sailed into the dirt. The point as I see it is that the former can easily result in INTs......the latter, a disappointing loss of down. Hoyer's tendency to sail his throws too high have made a significant contribution to his INT numbers over the years. INTs don't help you win games, but they will surely help lose them.

Give me a Gunslinger that makes most of his mistakes in the ground.

There have been several reports that Hoyer passes have sailed high.......and Mallet passes have sailed into the dirt. The point as I see it is that the former can easily result in INTs......the latter, a disappointing loss of down. Hoyer's tendency to sail his throws too high have made a significant contribution to his INT numbers over the years. INTs don't help you win games, but they will surely help lose them.

Completely agree. CnD, my guess is that Mallett cant have been passing at full force for very long since recovery from his injury...is this likely correct? If so, this could help explain some of his inconsistency. Hopefully he gets much better by training camp.

Any reports of Mallet having some bad performance days should not be of inordinate concern. Mallet up to this point of the offseason has not had the adequate period of time to SOLELY concentrate on honing his performance skills.............Hoyer has.

Let's hope OB has received similar advice and will not let rust skew his judgment.

Every day that Mallett has to get better is another day that Hoyer can get better also. More and more of the offense he learned while in N.E. will come back into play.
And I'm thinking Mallett's "upside" doesn't factor into O'Brien's make-the-playoffs-now decision-making.
I'm guessing (and I proclaim all day long this is just a guess) the decision will be all about which guy won't make the dumb mistakes that will cost us wins.
Right now, to continue my guessing, I'm thinking both guys are neck-and-neck.

The good news is if one guy gets hurt there shouldn't be much drop off in the way the offense operates.

Sure would be good if our top two WRs were available to establish a rapport with one of the QBs.

That right there will be what separates the two guys. Mallett can throw guys open and we saw him do it last season. Hoyer has always been too slow on his reads and when he tries to speed it up he over sails his throws leading to ints. Mallett will win this job, quote it

I've seen it talked about a little in this thread, but IMHO Hoyer is Fitz II because he is mobile, and he holds the ball too damn long, just like Fitz. This is going to be a problem with this offense. Burping the baby is likely to cause stalled drives over and over. So we will see the ball moving between the 20's but then stall as we approach the red zone because Hoyer is waiting too long and gets sacked or has to throw it away. I am in the camp that believes O'Brien brought Hoyer in to push Mallett, and for insurance in case Mallett goes down to injury again.

Last edited:
Mallett wins the starting job. I honestly think Hoyer was brought in for insurance due to OB bad luck with QB health last season, and the only way to get Hoyer here was a promise to compete for the starting job.

Mallett has the most upside of the two, he looks in full control on the field, gets the offense to the line fast, makes sure everyone is where they need to be. And he finds the soft spots in the D. Mallett is the future !

Is Chocolate Chip Mint a better ice cream flavor than Cookies and Cream? Don’t get me started.

“But it can’t be that way,” you say. “If you have two quarterbacks, you don’t have one” the saying goes. “And we didn’t draft ________(insert name of whoever you wanted that the Texans didn’t draft here)!”

Since we’re on the subject. Repeat after me: “You don’t need a first round draft choice at quarterback to get to a Super Bowl.”

In the last 21 Super Bowls, only three featured matchups between first round quarterbacks. Three!

Nice stat bastardization. Now how many of the last 21 SBs didn't involve a 1st round QB?

There's a winner for the lottery. Doesn't make it a smart retirement plan.

Nice stat bastardization. Now how many of the last 21 SBs didn't involve a 1st round QB?

Didn't Wilson play in the last 2? Or are you saying different qb's?

Didn't Wilson play in the last 2? Or are you saying different qb's?

I'm saying there has been a 1st round QB in the SB in all but 1 of the last 21 years. Seattle v. Denver had Manning.

This is a classic case of exceptions prove the rule.

I'm saying there has been a 1st round QB in the SB in all but 1 of the last 21 years. Seattle v. Denver had Manning.

This is a classic case of exceptions prove the rule.

Gotcha, reading fail on my part

Nice stat bastardization. Now how many of the last 21 SBs didn't involve a 1st round QB, or Tom Brady?

FIFY (kind of)

Not exactly sure what you mean by "involved", but my definition would be starting, and in that vein, there's been four.

SB XXXVI (Brady vs. Warner)
SB XXXVII (Gannon vs. Johnson)
SB XXXVIII (Brady vs. DelHomme)
SB XLIX (Brady vs. Wilson)

On the otherhand, the original statistic is also inaccurate, as I count at least five matchups of first round QB's in the last 21 SB's (Favre v Bledsoe, Elway v Favre, Dilfer v Collins, Manning v Grossman, and Rodgers v Roethlisberger), although perhaps it's all to easy to forget Dilfer, Collins and Grossman were all 1st rounders.

Edit: NVM on the last part of that, as it just struck me that Favre was not a 1st rounder (really close, but still, not round 1).

Last edited:
Why do people keep acting like we're doomed if Hoyer wins the job? Sheesh. Let the best QB start.

I trust BOB. He took the same exact team that Kubes won 2 games with and he won 9. He won 2 games with Case while Kubes won 0.

Last edited:
Meh. OB goes all Pete Carroll and names Tom Savage the starter at 11:50 AM on 9/13/15.
BTW, Hoyer dos have a lis franc. It just hasn't been fractured. And if Savage isn't the starter, it'll be Mallett.
I still hate this new format. :faildetector:

Why do people keep acting like we're doomed if Hoyer wins the job? Sheesh. Let the best QB start.

Because Hoyer is a non starter place holder best backup QB in the league. If he "wins" based on possibly winning 1 extra game over someone (anyone) less safe then OB is wasting JJ's career. We wasted one hall of famer. It was kind of understandable. Doing it again is criminal.

I trust BOB. He took the same exact team that Kubes won 2 games with and he won 9. He won 2 games with Case while Kubes won 0.

He took the same exact team Kubiak won 12+1 games with and rode it to 9. Some of us said 9 was the floor.

Look at it as an incremental step. Hoyer should be better than Fitzpartick in O'Brian offense. Upgrade over year 1. All while giving Mallet more time to develop into a Franchise QB, then when Mallet does succeed Hoyer Savage will be the back-up as Hoyer fills similar role with different QB needy team, at least I think that's the plan :trophy:

Why? Yeah, yeah, familiarity. This ain't rocket science and Fitz may be the smartest dude in the NFL.

The thing is, though, you can be very smart and educated but still not think quickly on your feet, or get rattled and panic. That's what I think Fitzy's problem is. He's a good locker-room guy, he's a good guy to have in the QB room dissecting the plays and figuring out what should be done from looking at game-film, but not someone who reacts well when the bullets start flying.

I think Hoyer has the same kind of issues, except that since he's had so many more years in this system, he's got a deeper understanding of it. I think he's going to be a good guy for the locker room. OR a good guy to be able to trot out in a backup role.

I think Mallett flourishes when the bullets start flying, but he's not without warts. I think he's got issues with his footwork and if he's still got those issues at this point in his career, I don't think he's ever going to correct them.

Why? Yeah, yeah, familiarity. This ain't rocket science and Fitz may be the smartest dude in the NFL.

Exactly. I love how people keep saying that Hoyer and Mallett are both better than Fitz because they are familiar with the offense. Fitz may have been a gunslinger-turned-game-manager last year, but there wasn't a smarter guy on the team.

And just because Hoyer is assumed to be better than Fitz doesn't make him a franchise QB. If he beats out Mallett for the starting gig, he will have basically beat a guy with 2 career starts in his career who was trying (and failed) to win it on potential. I will give him the opportunity to prove that he is 1) better than Fitz and 2) a legitimate option for being a franchise QB. But there is nothing about his current career or performance in "passing camp" as OB puts it that says he gets the benefit of the doubt on either of those two things.

Why do people keep acting like we're doomed if Hoyer wins the job?
I guess because people have seen Hoyer play QB in enough games to form an opinion about his ability. Why do people think Hoyer will become something he's never been because he's wearing Steel Blue?

Like last year, there were some that felt O'Brien could make Fitz into a winner and have his best season. They were partially correct, as Fitz did have his best season. His best just wasn't good enough. Do I think Hoyer could have his best season under O'Brien's tutelage? Yes, that could very well happen. Do I believe Hoyer's best will allow the Texans to become a winner? No. I don't think so.

The thing is, though, you can be very smart and educated but still not think quickly on your feet, or get rattled and panic. That's what I think Fitzy's problem is.

I've said before Fitz is academic smart and football stupid. On the field he gets analysis paralysis. I see the same thing in Hoyer. Fool's gold.

I guess because people have seen Hoyer play QB in enough games to form an opinion about his ability. Why do people think Hoyer will become something he's never been because he's wearing Steel Blue?

Like last year, there were some that felt O'Brien could make Fitz into a winner and have his best season. They were partially correct, as Fitz did have his best season. His best just wasn't good enough. Do I think Hoyer could have his best season under O'Brien's tutelage? Yes, that could very well happen. Do I believe Hoyer's best will allow the Texans to become a winner? No. I don't think so.

Bingo.

And yet... if Fitzy doesn't go down against the Colts because of that leg whip, we might have snuck our way into the playoffs.

EDIT: I'm pointing that out because that's why I'm willing to let O'Brien do what he wants to do without being upset about it.

Key-rect. Hoyer is not the answer. but is Mallett? Tampoco. Savage is the closest we have to the answer but he probably isn't going to get enough reps to prove himself. When, where will he be discovered?
Texans are gonna kick themselves for not taking Petty.

When we put Fitz in last year, I was livid and never did like him back there. It seemed like it was a conservative move to avoid complete embarrassment. Hoyer seems like a similar guy to the beard to me. Cleveland was pretty happy to get McCown to replace him. McCown went 1-10 last year, even if it was the Bucs. I don't know if Mallett is the guy because he doesn't have any seat time, but he has a strong arm and I would prefer a vertical passing game to dinking and dunking like we have for years and years. It looks like McClain has already nominated Hoyer in the paper just like he did with Manziel before the draft.

Back