Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chiefs acquire Michael Bennett

bdiddy said:
Here is my take:

Bennett would provide a speed back that we currently do not have.

Watson would be an immediate upgrade at MLB. He and Cowart would provide good depth at this position. Plus, contrary to his DUI, Watson is a high character guy who is also smart.

Demeco Ryans could immediately replace Greenwood as the staring Will LB. He too is very smart and instinctive.

I think this would be a win-win. The Saints could dumpt two contracts for one and would get the weakside LB that they are looking for.

If your speculation were true, I would be all over that like flies on stink. I remember being pretty high on Watson when he came out, and had him as a Texas possibility then. I haven't followed his career closely since, but I liked him coming out. Ryans then finds a home on the weakside, which I think he is well suited for, and Watson takes over in the middle, with Cowart coming off the bench. In addition, we get a speed back who adds a whole new dimension to the offense. Man, Kubes is serious about winning now, isn't he. He ain't foolin around! :redtowel:

We might be seeing a very young LB corp with a nice mixture of veterans developing. Youth brings heart and heart on defense brings winning attitudes and winning attitude bring Championships.

I have heard from a source, not yet ready to report because the facts have not been confirmed, that the Texans are in discussion about trading Morlon Greenwood and a 7th round pick for Michael Bennett and Courtney Watson.

It won't be watson he was traded wednesday

New Orleans Saints Traded LB Courtney Watson to the Miami Dolphins for LB Eddie Moore.

stickman713 said:
I have heard from a source, not yet ready to report because the facts have not been confirmed, that the Texans are in discussion about trading Morlon Greenwood and a 7th round pick for Michael Bennett and Courtney Watson.

New Orleans Saints Traded LB Courtney Watson to the Miami Dolphins for LB Eddie Moore.
That trade didn't happen because Moore failed his physical.

stickman713 said:

Wrong. The trade was recinded because Moore did not pass his physical. Watson is still very much a Saint, and very much still on the trading block.

stickman713 said:

Trade did not go through, Eddie Moore failed his physical. That is when this proposal came about.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-23/1147416297223960.xml

The Saints reportedly are also discussing possible trades for safety Dwight Smith and tailback Michael Bennett, but Loomis declined to comment on those players.

According to ESPN.com, the Saints have had in-depth discussions with the Houston Texans and dialogue with the Dolphins about Bennett. Bennett, a free agent who signed with the Saints two months ago, was bumped down on the depth chart when the Saints drafted Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush with the second overall pick in April's draft.

Despite being one of the Saints' most valuable and productive players last season, Smith has been mentioned in trade talks for the past month. Reportedly his former team, Tampa Bay, has shown interest.

The Saints are overloaded with seven players at safety, including second-round draft pick Roman Harper. The team likely will trade or release one or two veterans before the season starts.

Kaiser Toro said:
The Saints are overloaded with seven players at safety, including second-round draft pick Roman Harper. The team likely will trade or release one or two veterans before the season starts.

We could use some of that. This possible multi-player trade is getting real interesting! :)

Kaiser Toro said:
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-23/1147416297223960.xml

The Saints reportedly are also discussing possible trades for safety Dwight Smith and tailback Michael Bennett, but Loomis declined to comment on those players.

According to ESPN.com, the Saints have had in-depth discussions with the Houston Texans and dialogue with the Dolphins about Bennett. Bennett, a free agent who signed with the Saints two months ago, was bumped down on the depth chart when the Saints drafted Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush with the second overall pick in April's draft.

Despite being one of the Saints' most valuable and productive players last season, Smith has been mentioned in trade talks for the past month. Reportedly his former team, Tampa Bay, has shown interest.

Hmmm, could we use a safety too? Load em up. We can totally remake our defense with Smith and Watson. Bennett gives us a totally new dimension on offense. Let's make it happen! Bennett, Watson, and Smith. We will give them a 7th, Greenwood, and Bruener, or a number of other players who don't fit our new scheme. :poker:

I think we put way too much money into Greenwood to be traded, but we did draft DeMeco so I wouldn't mind if we did.
I'm just going to throw this out there but maybe we signed Antowain Smith so we can use him as bait to get Michael Bennett...

TexanFan881 said:
I think we put way too much money into Greenwood to be traded, but we did draft DeMeco so I wouldn't mind if we did.
I'm just going to throw this out there but maybe we signed Antowain Smith so we can use him as bait to get Michael Bennett...
Are you saying something like the Ol' Sign Bosseli so you can get Walker and Payne deal?

If we can get a safety out of this we could be looking at a really great offseason.

I dont know how much more of this I can take. I thought we were supposed to be quiet this offseason with player personell.

El Tejano said:
Are you saying something like the Ol' Sign Bosseli so you can get Walker and Payne deal?

If we can get a safety out of this we could be looking at a really great offseason.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I know I do that all the time in Madden, I'm just not sure if the F.O. thinks like that :tv:

Actually, I just noticed that that's exactly what the Saints are doing to us. They just signed Bennett six weeks ago and now if they trade him they are going to get a player and/or draftpick for him.

TexanFan881 said:
That's exactly what I'm saying. I know I do that all the time in Madden, I'm just not sure if the F.O. thinks like that :tv:

Actually, I just noticed that that's exactly what the Saints are doing to us. They just signed Bennett six weeks ago and now if they trade him they are going to get a player and/or draftpick for him.

If we move Greenwood and release Wade it wil be extremely difficult in my opinion to sign all of our draft picks next year and/or sign anyone in FA.

TexanFan881 said:

Didn't Antowain play for the Saints last year??

So they cut him....... we sign him in hopes to get their other RB?? hmmmm

Smith to the Saints makes zero sense. If the Saints wanted him, he was a FA until a few days ago. Besides the fact that they are trying to get rid of RB's not add another on the last legs of his career. Let's get the thread back on track, becase I have more chance of winning Americal Idol than Smith getting traded to the Saints. Let's just end this now. :ok:

"the likes of Ray Lewis, Roy Williams, John Lynch, or Mario Williams...."

Right..........Let's pay $54 million for NOT Ray Lewis, NOT Roy Williams, NOT John Lynch, but Mario Williams is okay? You're giving that cash up to someone at No. 1 - at least make it worthy of the talent. Bush is - Mario isn't. He had one half of one good season.

No, you're not understanding what he is saying. It was kind of like the Bosseli deal where the Jags would only allow us to sign Payne and Walker if we took Bosseli's big contract off their hands.

In this case we may have been signing Smith under the table if it meant they would be willing to trade Bennett and whoever else with us.

aj. said:
Kubiak was gushing over DD at the luncheon and dinner last week. He said in '03 that Denver was poised to draft him (they were like 3 spots behind the Texans) and were very upset the Texans drafted him. The Broncs took Quentin Griffin instead, over Onterrio Smith and Lee Suggs.

Kubiak and Calhoun are big DD fans. Just ask them.

Whether DD can stay healthy for an entire season is the concern.
Yea thats all I was saying sure they like him a lot who would not, health is the problem.

Greenwood's hit would be in the $5.6 range.

Wade would be a post June 1 if he's released so they could split his $6.7 hit, but both of these are a lot to absorb considering Walker's $7.3 that we still have to account for over the next two years.

5 worst moves? What I just touched on above is far and away #1.

thunderkyss said:
Didn't Antowain play for the Saints last year??

So they cut him....... we sign him in hopes to get their other RB?? hmmmm

lol good point I know I was thinking about that same thing earlier I just forgot about that when I posted that last time.

This is Pro Football Weekly's take.

Dolphins, Texans interested in speedy RB Bennett

When the Saints drafted Reggie Bush, almost everyone in New Orleans was pleased. Michael Bennett, who signed a two-year, $3 million contract in March, was among the few who weren’t elated to see Bush arrive in the bayou. The Texans and Dolphins are reportedly interested in dealing for Bennett, whose role in New Orleans could be miniscule with Bush and Deuce McAllister carrying most of the load.

PFW: For which team is Bennett a better fit?

Reynolds: The Texans are adopting the zone-blocking scheme, and Bennett is a perfect fit in this get-it-and-go attack. He struggled in Minnesota at times, especially when asked to run behind a fullback or change direction on the move. His greatest asset is the straight-line speed that made him a track star at Wisconsin. If this deal goes through, don’t rule out Bennett pushing for playing time immediately. There is doubt in the organization about Domanick Davis being a 16-game back. His balky knee is a lingering issue, and Davis has been hurt throughout his career. Even though the Texans were capable of running the ball effectively without Davis, they lack quality depth. Also, Davis’ greatest supporter was Charley Casserly, who drafted Davis and re-signed him in 2005, but Casserly resigned the GM post last week. Davis is not assured a starting job, and head coach Gary Kubiak, a Denver disciple, will give all hands on board a chance to earn playing time. The Broncos’ success with players such as Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson has to be encouraging to every back on the Texans' depth chart, since Houston will employ an offensive scheme similar to Denver's. Second-year Texans RB Vernand Morency was drafted by the previous regime and will have to prove himself. But he’s 5-9, 220, and has some explosiveness to him. As a one-cut runner, Morency is tougher, stronger and more mature physically than former college teammate Tatum Bell, who played for Kubiak in Denver. In fact, the Broncos reportedly had considered drafting Morency last year because they considered him such a good fit for their system. A recent Texans acquisition, RB Antowain Smith played better than expected in New Orleans last season but may not have much left at age 34. Morency and Smith also have some durability concerns, as does Bennett. He has sub-4.4 speed, but knee, foot and ankle injuries held him to 20 games in the past three seasons. He’s not a TD machine, but he’d be the most explosive back on the roster.

If Bennett is sent to Miami, which reportedly dealt yet another draft pick this week to acquire Joey Harrington, Bennett would jump right in behind Ronnie Brown. Bennett played in this offensive system with the Vikings before Scott Linehan departed after the 2004 season. During Linehan’s tenure, Bennett gained 4.9 yards per carry (2,109 yards on 415 carries from 2002 to '04). Bennett would also bring an explosive presence to the return game. Wes Welker is a superior punt returner, but the Dolphins want a big-play threat to lead the kickoff-return team.

I guess they didn't hear what Kubiak said about DD at the luncheon and dinner last week (relying on him heavily this season)

That said, Bennett would be a very good add to the backfield as a hedge on DD's health issues. Load up. Get bodies. DD, Bennett, and Antowain is a very functional Top 3. Doesn't bode well for Morency since if they sign Bennett, either Morency or Lundy doesn't make the team. But, that's a good problem to have.

I like how they mention in that article that he would be a perfect fit for out system. Of course David's not assured the starting job, as we haven't even started training camp and haven't finished the offseason yet. There will be competition for the spot but that's to show Bennett (if we're still interested, which I think we are) that he atleast has a shot at it. I think it wouldn't be fair to Bennett to assure the starting job to DD.

the FO has no clue what they are doing....i thought they were happy with the RB situation and that is why they reached on Mario....McNair is now only slightly above Bud in my opinion...this offseason could have been the best ever but for every step forward they take two steps back.

they say they dont need a RB and then they sign A.Smith and now are gonna try and deal for Bennett...who is running this organization?? Cybil?

and to all those drinking the battle red kool aid, picking Mario over Bush is STILL a bad pick irregardless of how much you and the local media have convinced yourselves its not....it was about money and ego..period...dont buy the BS that it was about best player available because clearly that is not the case...Mario got all his sacks v. Duke, Wake Forest and other basketball schools...nuff said

pwned,

doug from the woodlands

HoneymoonIsOver said:
the FO has no clue what they are doing....i thought they were happy with the RB situation and that is why they reached on Mario....McNair is now only slightly above Bud in my opinion...this offseason could have been the best ever but for every step forward they take two steps back.

they say they dont need a RB and then they sign A.Smith and now are gonna try and deal for Bennett...who is running this organization?? Cybil?

and to all those drinking the battle red kool aid, picking Mario over Bush is STILL a bad pick irregardless of how much you and the local media have convinced yourselves its not....it was about money and ego..period...dont buy the BS that it was about best player available because clearly that is not the case...Mario got all his sacks v. Duke, Wake Forest and other basketball schools...nuff said

pwned,

doug from the woodlands

I almost hate replying to you, as so many things you say seem flawed to me. And you do it repeatedly. Reggie is good and could possibly be a very good runningback in this league. He is not on the Texans nor will he ever be. I wish him the best though.

Now on to more productive things. There is no way you can even come close to partnering Bob McNair and Bud Adams, and almost anyone on this board will agree with me. Bob loves this town, and loves football. The mere fact that he has gone out and paid so much for free agents, some of whom will not make the team, should prove enough to you that he is not cheap. They were brought in for competition, and the best 52 players will be on the sidelines in a few months.

We had D.Davis and Morency on the team. Regardless of what you think, we needed some more runningbacks for depth. DD is the starter, but most teams have about four running backs each season. The front office saw Mario Williams as the BPA, so they took him. I ask you again to please get over the fact the Reggie Bush never will be on this team.

We picked the best defensive prospect available rather than the best offensive prospect available. I can't argue considering the fact that Kubiak comes from a system known for taking no name backs and making them all pros. We needed just as much help on defense as offense. The team is better either way. Do not go around thinking that just because Mario wasn't your #1 pick, means that he is terrible. He will be a good pleyer, and possibly great. The same thing can be said for Reggie.

texansfaninla said:
"the likes of Ray Lewis, Roy Williams, John Lynch, or Mario Williams...."

Right..........Let's pay $54 million for NOT Ray Lewis, NOT Roy Williams, NOT John Lynch, but Mario Williams is okay? You're giving that cash up to someone at No. 1 - at least make it worthy of the talent. Bush is - Mario isn't. He had one half of one good season.

Is Peyton Manning worth $10 million a year?? Most NFL teams, will say yes.. most GMs, most coaches will gladly pay Peyton Manning $10 million a year, to play QB for their team.

Bill Parcells wouldn't...... or whatever coach it is, that thinks you can win a superbowl with a bus driver @ QB........ Billick maybe....

We've got a system, and while not any running back can be successful, it is too easy to find someone who will. So easy, that it is unlikely that we will ever pay anyone more than $4 million/year to do so.... we might sign someone to a contract like that........ but that player will be moved shortly afterwards...... it'll be a $4 million+ a year deal, with a decent bonus, and said player will be gone.

Let's look at the Denver Broncos, and see who is making money. This is from 2003, I can't find anything more recent.
Denver Broncos
2004 NFL Salaries

Ferguson, Nick ..............$1,060,000...........Safety
Hayward, Reggie .............$1,372,800...........DE
Droughns, Reuben............$1,400,000...........RB
Watts, Darius..................$1,495,000...........WR
Neil, Dan........................$1,575,000...........OL
Johnson, Ellis..................$1,764,706............DT
Johnson, Raylee...............$1,765,500...........DE
Bell, Tatum.....................$1,950,000...........RB
Foster, George................$1,961,250...........OL
Stephens, Jamain............$10,000................OL
Baker, Jason...................$107,059..............P
Green, Louis....................$129,026.............LB
Eason, Nick.....................$13,050...............DT
Reese, Johnathan............$13,529................RB
Johnson, BJ....................$136,666..............WR
Adams, Charlie.................$148,929.............WR
Miree, Brandon.................$159,065.............RB
Sapp, Cecil......................$165,744.............RB
Van Pelt, Bradlee..............$170,900.............QB
Mauck, Matt....................$180,859.............QB
Smith, Rod......................$2,762,001...........WR
Jackson, Nate..................$209,647.............WR
Alexander, Roc................$250,000..............CB
Williams, DJ.....................$3,200,000...........LB
Lynch, John....................$3,263,100...........S
Nalen, Tom.....................$3,805,500...........OL
Griffin, Quentin................$306,400.............RB
Luke, Triandos.................$309,650.............WR
Pierce, Terry...................$309,700..............LB
Young, Chris....................$310,100.............S
Alexander, PJ...................$310,500.............OL
Johnson, Kyle..................$320,500.............RB
Palepoi, Anton.................$345,294.............DE
Shoate, Jeff....................$346,340.............CB
Stuber, Tim.....................$35,882...............OL
Brandon, Sam..................$384,800.............S
Herndon, Kelly..................$384,900.............CB
Davis, Dorsett..................$385,300.............DT
Sykes, Jashon.................$385,300..............LB
Walls, Lenny....................$385,500.............CB
Pope, Monsanto................$385,500.............DT
Putzier, Jeb.....................$385,500..............TE
Chukwurah, Patrick...........$395,500..............LB
Lepsis, Matt.....................$4,000,000...........OL
Weaver, Jed.....................$500,000.............TE
Fatafehi, Mario.................$509,400..............DT
Lelie, Ashley.....................$525,000.............WR
Veal, Demetrin..................$53,824...............DE
Carlisle, Cooper.................$539,700.............OL
Kanell, Danny....................$539,900.............QB
Anderson, Mike.................$540,000..............RB
Middlebrooks, Willie............$550,000.............CB
Leach, Mike......................$565,500.............LS
LeSueur, Jeremy................$598,000.............CB
Pryce, Trevor....................$6,050,000..........DE
Kennedy, Kenoy................$605,200.............S
Spragan, Donnie................$633,100.............LB
Hamilton, Ben...................$633,500..............OL
McNeal, Bryant.................$65,250................DE
Plummer, Jake..................$668,650...............QB
Clabo, Tyson....................$68,809................OL
Hape, Patrick...................$689,900...............RB
Wilson, Al........................$7,043,100............LB
Bailey, Champ..................$7,509,150............CB

Elam, Jason.....................$760,000...............K
Coleman, Marco...............$786,200...............DE
Hearst, Garrison................$788,100..............RB
Elliss, Luther.....................$802,800..............DT
Carswell, Dwayne..............$840,294..............TE
Green, Cornell..................$940,200...............OL
The Link

So, $54 million. minus the bonus..... $26.4 million equals... $27.6 million. Divide that over 6 years, that avgs..... $4.6 million a year. $54 million divided by 6 years, avgs $9 million a year. Do you see anyone on this team, who is making between $4.6 million/year, and $9 million a year?? any one at all??

Do you see any running backs making anything close to $4 million a year??

Surely Clinton Portis was getting paid right?? I mean he rushed for over 1500 yards the previous two seasons..... averaging 5.5 yards per carry. He added 300 yards recieving both years also, and avg'd 15 TDs a season...
But:
Portis was scheduled to make $380,000 next season and $455,000 in 2005, a bargain price for a top running back. Portis' unhappiness with Denver's unwillingness to negotiate a new contract precipitated the trade talks.

The Redskins gave Bailey permission to talk to other teams and designated him as their franchise player last month. Bailey's contract expires this week, and he and the Redskins never came close to agreement on a new deal.

They refused to renegotiate a new Contract with Portis, but turned right around, and paid Bailey, $7 million/year

Terrell Davis was getting paid a little more than $4 million, but he was asked to restructure.

thunderkyss said:
So, $54 million. minus the bonus..... $26.4 million equals... $27.6 million. Divide that over 6 years, that avgs..... $4.6 million a year. $54 million divided by 6 years, avgs $9 million a year. Do you see anyone on this team, who is making between $4.6 million/year, and $9 million a year?? any one at all??

Do you see any running backs making anything close to $4 million a year??

Surely Clinton Portis was getting paid right?? I mean he rushed for over 1500 yards the previous two seasons..... averaging 5.5 yards per carry. He added 300 yards recieving both years also, and avg'd 15 TDs a season...

Terrell Davis was getting paid a little more than $4 million, but he was asked to restructure.[/URL]

As my grandfather used to say, "put that in your pipe and smoke it."

I agree with Doug from the Woodlands aka Honeymoon Is Over wholeheartedly. Who's driving this bus - Stevie Wonder? They sold us on "we didn't even need a running back, but we needed a defensive end even though we just drafted one in the first round last year and signed Weaver this year..." Now they're looking at a running back that will fit the system perfectly? Hit the hole with great speed? HELLOOOOOOO MCFLY! :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

And to the others who keep saying Bush shouldn't be paid this much money...You're giving it to Mario Williams. The same cash. It's got to go somewhere when you have the top pick. That's why you don't waste it on a project who's more likely to fail, versus someone who's more of a sure thing.

I appreciate the research on the Broncos' RB payouts. Nice job. Seriously. But that's not what this is about. It's about what we were sold by the FO as to why they picked Mario over Reggie. Now it's readily apparent that the RB position is, I'd argue, a greater need than the defensive end spot. And you can't pull out the "we shouldn't pay this much to anybody" because you are going to be doing so no matter what when you have the No. 1 pick. It goes with the territory.

Unless, of course, you trade down. Which they freaking could have done with the Jets, and still gotten who they claim to be their guy.

This comes down to ego, plain and simple. Casserly overthinking, plus Kubiak thinking he can make any Quentin Griffin into a Barry Sanders, plus McNair just not having a clue as to how to expand interest in his fledgling franchise, equals disappointed fans.

Again - it's about their logic, which defies...logic.

texansfaninla said:
I agree with Doug from the Woodlands aka Honeymoon Is Over wholeheartedly. Who's driving this bus - Stevie Wonder? They sold us on "we didn't even need a running back, but we needed a defensive end even though we just drafted one in the first round last year and signed Weaver this year..." Now they're looking at a running back that will fit the system perfectly? Hit the hole with great speed? HELLOOOOOOO MCFLY! :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

And to the others who keep saying Bush shouldn't be paid this much money...You're giving it to Mario Williams. The same cash. It's got to go somewhere when you have the top pick. That's why you don't waste it on a project who's more likely to fail, versus someone who's more of a sure thing.

I appreciate the research on the Broncos' RB payouts. Nice job. Seriously. But that's not what this is about. It's about what we were sold by the FO as to why they picked Mario over Reggie. Now it's readily apparent that the RB position is, I'd argue, a greater need than the defensive end spot. And you can't pull out the "we shouldn't pay this much to anybody" because you are going to be doing so no matter what when you have the No. 1 pick. It goes with the territory.

Unless, of course, you trade down. Which they freaking could have done with the Jets, and still gotten who they claim to be their guy.

This comes down to ego, plain and simple. Casserly overthinking, plus Kubiak thinking he can make any Quentin Griffin into a Barry Sanders, plus McNair just not having a clue as to how to expand interest in his fledgling franchise, equals disappointed fans.

Again - it's about their logic, which defies...logic.

Cool, what is the next step?

texansfaninla said:

I don't agree with most of your post, but one thing really stood out:

How many times does it have to be said that the Jets were NOT interested in trading up to the number one spot?

Nevermind that point. All signs were pointing to the Saints selecting Mario or AJ Hawk with the second pick, so there was no guarantee that Mario would have still been there. They wanted one of two players and by staying at number 1, they got one of those two players. We had probably the best draft in our history (can't say for sure, obviously, for a few years) and all the negativity amazes me. It's one thing to be critical, but quite another to go off the deep end like so many have.

Revolution said:
I don't agree with most of your post, but one thing really stood out:

How many times does it have to be said that the Jets were NOT interested in trading up to the number one spot?

Nevermind that point. All signs were pointing to the Saints selecting Mario or AJ Hawk with the second pick, so there was no guarantee that Mario would have still been there. They wanted one of two players and by staying at number 1, they got one of those two players. We had probably the best draft in our history (can't say for sure, obviously, for a few years) and all the negativity amazes me. It's one thing to be critical, but quite another to go off the deep end like so many have.

Its been reported by several media outlets that New Orleans would have taken Hawk, or tried to trade down, if Houston would have taken Bush.

When Terrell Davis does it one year, then some scrub named Olandis Gary does it the next, and then some other scrub named Mike Anderson does it the next, why the heyal do you need to pay 50 zillion to a little egomaniac who appears to be more worried about his next marketing deal or what number he's going to wear or who's giving his family money than he is being a team player and helping his new team become a contender.

BigSaint8050 said:
Its been reported by several media outlets that New Orleans would have taken Hawk, or tried to trade down, if Houston would have taken Bush.

It was probably reported by even more media outlets that Houston was taking Bush. So ....

texansfaninla said:
They sold us on "we didn't even need a running back, but we needed a defensive end even though we just drafted one in the first round last year and signed Weaver this year..."

Travis Johnson is a DT, not a DE.

aj. said:
It was probably reported by even more media outlets that Houston was taking Bush. So ....

Two names, Will Smith (1st round 2004, 16 sacks in two seasons), Charles Grant (1st round 2002, 30 sacks 4 seasons). They are two very good DE's. You also have a quality guy like Tony Bryant behind them in the rotation.

Believe what you want, but the Saints were not taking Mario Williams. It was smoke.

We picked the best defensive prospect available rather than the best offensive prospect available. I can't argue considering the fact that Kubiak comes from a system known for taking no name backs and making them all pros. We needed just as much help on defense as offense. The team is better either way. Do not go around thinking that just because Mario wasn't your #1 pick, means that he is terrible. He will be a good pleyer, and possibly great. The same thing can be said for Reggie.[/QUOTE]

exactly wat i was thinkin

HoneymoonIsOver said:

pwned,

doug from the woodlands

Welcome to my banned list

HoneymoonIsOver said:

pwned,

doug from the woodlands
Do some of you really believe the stuff that comes out of your mouths sometimes.

Bush is gone case closed, deal with it.

In the words of THUNDER why not spend 2 million on a fast scat back, instead of 20 million on a fast scat back.

From studying and watching and playing DLine all my life I will tell you this you can not teach the leverage that this 6-7 DE has, it is incredible.......And being 295 he runs like a guy that is 240, and is just as fast as Peppers off the line.And has a lot of power.

Hey anyone can score with all their fancy running backs paid high or low speedy or slow but the Texans lost their last five games last year in the fourth quarter and they were ahead. Oh I see we don't need to improve the defense lol. Another scenario is both teams scoring like hell so the team that wins may have a score like 45-35. I guess it was the last one with the ball that scored lol. But if I remember right about scores you can still win games like 3-0 and 7-3 and 7-6 and 45-3 and 35-7 why because of defense. Also Davis has had three 1000 over yards rushing per season. Man some teams would like to have a RB like that on their side inlcuding this year.:fieldgoal

HoneymoonIsOver said:

pwned,

doug from the woodlands

Sure, we could have gotten a great player in Bush but we still got a great player in Mario Williams, and Mario will make more of an immidiate impact at DE than Bush would for us at RB, considering we already have a good and solid one with Dominick Davis. They felt they needed someone to go along with Dominick incase he got hurt and he felt we could use two RBs. A #2 RB isn't going to make as big of an impact as a starting DE and that's why we signed Antowain Smith and drafted Mario Williams.

Micheal Bennet would be so dangerous in that system Kubiak runs. Then bring in Domanick Davis...wow, I'm suprised some of you Texans fans are againts this move.

I could potientially see your future running backs be Micheal Bennet/Wali Lundy.

ClintonPortis26 said:
Micheal Bennet would be so dangerous in that system Kubiak runs. Then bring in Domanick Davis...wow, I'm suprised some of you Texans fans are againts this move.

I could potientially see your future running backs be Micheal Bennet/Wali Lundy.

Don't forget about that other back from Syracuse.

Back