Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Chiefs acquire Michael Bennett

With the Thomas Jones thing, the Bears never said a first round pick. All they said is that they would entertain offers before the draft. They were not interested in trading him, but they were just trying to see if someone would sell the farm to get Thomas.

More depressing news

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=120&p=2&c=541483

Quote:
With the New Orleans Saints looking more and more like they have no intention of letting RB Michael Bennett off their roster, the Houston Texans may be forced to look at some of the remaining free agents that are still available.

I still think they give in once Bush signs

Everytime we have said, oh well, and let it play out we found some one better. Look at how many WR's we lamented on until we got Moulds. Then everyone realized he was the best one anyway. Its time to move on and find one who is available and wants to play here. After all NO thinks they have us over a barrel and so does Bush and his agent. Its time to say SEE YA.....

I may be wrong about this but I hope we don't give up too much for this guy .... he was never all that great at Minnesota albeit he does (did) have blazing speed .....

Ibar_Harry said:
With the New Orleans Saints looking more and more like they have no intention of letting RB Michael Bennett off their roster, the Houston Texans may be forced to look at some of the remaining free agents that are still available.

Morency isn't mentioned at all .... has he disappointed in some way or is he not thought to be a "zone-blocking" type RB?

chuckm said:
Morency isn't mentioned at all .... has he disappointed in some way or is he not thought to be a "zone-blocking" type RB?

Early reports/rumors are that he dances to much instead of one cut and go. Might turn it around, but may not also.

This thing about Bennett staying is a ploy to get Bush to sign. Once Bush signs Bennett will be on the block.

El Tejano said:
This thing about Bennett staying is a ploy to get Bush to sign. Once Bush signs Bennett will be on the block.

yeah totally agree untill bush inks the paper then bennett will be on the market

El Tejano said:

...........Not until the Saints are sure that McAllister is solidly proven to "be back." With all the multi roles that Bush is expected to play, the Saints cannot afford NOT to have a strong counterpart, because even they know that Bush can't play the "Wiz kid" role AND be an every down back...........especially since he was not even expected to be called on as an every down back in college.

Alright, just to make things interesting again. Let's say the Saints say they'd like to give up Mcallister, what do you do?

El Tejano said:
Alright, just to make things interesting again. Let's say the Saints say they'd like to give up Mcallister, what do you do?

:shoot: ........:francis:

El Tejano said:

WE TAKE MCALLISTER unless he is using a walker to get around.

Note: My opinion on Bush is rather bleak. I still can not get over the fact;

1. that Bush was not in the game when playing for the National Championship... $5 says he didn't want to get hurt and ruin his chances for the big bucks.
  2. He is holding out RIGHT NOW... and is looking for #1 draft choice money (or his agent is)
  3. he has NEVER played at this level.... he will buckle under the pressure of expectations

Bush is going to be a bust in the NFL... somebody is going to crush him one time and he is going to take his money and go to the house!

CloakNNNdagger said:
...........Not until the Saints are sure that McAllister is solidly proven to "be back." With all the multi roles that Bush is expected to play, the Saints cannot afford NOT to have a strong counterpart, because even they know that Bush can't play the "Wiz kid" role AND be an every down back...........especially since he was not even expected to be called on as an every down back in college.

Duece is said to be about 85-90 percent right now.

Btw, to the poster that suggested they might give up on Deuce, not going to happen. Look at his contract numbers.

BigSaint8050 said:

Btw, to the poster that suggested they might give up on Deuce, not going to happen. Look at his contract numbers.

Agreed... and McAllister is GOOD when he is healthy. The Saints are going to need Duce, 'cause Bush isn't going to play one down this year.

BigSaint8050 said:

It wasn't a suggestion. It was a what if scenario in an attempt to put this thread in a new direction since talks for Bennett are pretty much stale or on hold.

Vambo said:

WE TAKE MCALLISTER unless he is using a walker to get around.

Note: My opinion on Bush is rather bleak. I still can not get over the fact;

1. that Bush was not in the game when playing for the National Championship... $5 says he didn't want to get hurt and ruin his chances for the big bucks.
  2. He is holding out RIGHT NOW... and is looking for #1 draft choice money (or his agent is)
  3. he has NEVER played at this level.... he will buckle under the pressure of expectations

Bush is going to be a bust in the NFL... somebody is going to crush him one time and he is going to take his money and go to the house!

what game did you watch? he scored a touchdown in the championship game lol

BigSaint8050 said:

I like Duece and hope he makes it back in full swing. But numbers like 85-90 percent at this point in time are based on rehab performance. The Saints are going to want to know that that translates into full contact competition numbers before they ever decide to give up the farm on Bush's "promise."

Rams | Team may pursue M. Bennett
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:19:19 -0700

Bernie Miklasz, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams, in need of someone who can help RB Steven Jackson share the load at running back, may try to get RB Michael Bennett from the New Orleans Saints, but the Saints won't deal until they are covered at the position. They want to sign No. 1 draft choice RB Reggie Bush, and they want to make sure that RB Deuce McAllister is fully recovered from knee surgery.

El Tejano said:
Now it would just be dumb of them to trade with a division rival.
Unless you think the guy you're trading really sux. :)

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't be dumb to trade Bennet to the Rams unless they got a lot of good guys in return.

Since when are the Saints and Rams a division rival? Saints are in the NFC South and the Rams are in the NFC West.

Agghhh!!!! You got me. I thought they were in the same division. Didn't they used to be but got moved in the restructure?

What? A quote with no comment?

Oops. Saw the link. I knew they were at one time in the same division.

Oh well now that I was called out, errr let me say errr Saints are dumb just not to trade with us period.

El Tejano said:
Agghhh!!!! You got me. I thought they were in the same division. Didn't they used to be but got moved in the restructure?

Yeah, until they restructured the Saints and Rams were in the NFC West along with the 49ers, Carolina and Atlanta.

Btw, I think the Saints are waiting for Bush to sign to make a move with Bennett. Something will happen, but until they have Bush inked and in camp they will hold onto Bennett for insurance.

BigSaint8050 said:
Btw, I think the Saints are waiting for Bush to sign to make a move with Bennett. Something will happen, but until they have Bush inked and in camp they will hold onto Bennett for insurance.

That's highly probable.....and I'm praying we don't get to sign Bennett until December.

BigSaint8050 said:

If he doesnt go here i think he wil be a chief.

Hutch13 said:
If he doesnt go here i think he wil be a chief.

A Chief? To sit behind one of the most well guaranteed starters in the league this year, in Larry Johnson? Why?

bigbrewster2000 said:
When will this pointless thread end? This is about as bad as the Carr threads. 30+ pages of the same thing over and over and over again.

If this was a Carr thread, it would have been Closed 347 times now and restarted once per week under a different title. :hides:

-- Rams Have Deal in Place to Acquire Bennett, But... --
Tue Jun 27, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

Bernie Miklasz reports the St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints have the parameters of a deal in place to bring RB Michael Bennett to St. Louis as the backup to RB Steven Jackson. The Rams are waiting on the Saints to give the green light right now -- New orleans will not pull the trigger just yet because of some remaining concerns - particularly to make sure RB Deuce McAllister is healthy. They would also like to get top draft pick RB Reggie Bush signed.

BigSaint8050 said:
Yeah but the hundred and fifteen million dollar question we all want to know the answwer to , is insurance for whom, Duce or tinkerbell butt? Inquiring minds want to know ?:stirpot:

BigSaint8050 said:
-- Rams Have Deal in Place to Acquire Bennett, But... --
Tue Jun 27, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

Bernie Miklasz reports the St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints have the parameters of a deal in place to bring RB Michael Bennett to St. Louis as the backup to RB Steven Jackson. The Rams are waiting on the Saints to give the green light right now -- New orleans will not pull the trigger just yet because of some remaining concerns - particularly to make sure RB Deuce McAllister is healthy. They would also like to get top draft pick RB Reggie Bush signed.

:brickwall

dat_boy_yec said:
Wow, that must suck. Didn't you have a bet going on about this?

Sshhhhhhhh :hides: I'm just kidding. If I lose (there's still hope) I'll be faithful to my bet. But nobody new can take the bet now because that would be cheap :)

TexanFan881 said:
Sshhhhhhhh :hides: I'm just kidding. If I lose (there's still hope) I'll be faithful to my bet. But nobody new can take the bet now because that would be cheap :)
BOOM goes the dynamite.....

old, i know.

It was just out that NOLA is talking with the RAMs about a trade of Bennett to reunite him with his old vikings coach who is now the head coach of the rams.

NO - STL - RB Bennett to Rams, More Surgery Talk For Faulk?
Source: Scout.com
The Saints are having ongoing discussions with the Rams about a potential trade for Michael Bennett. The deal could reunite Bennett with former offensive coordinator Scott Linehan -- now the head coach of the Rams. The Rams suddenly have a need at running back since Marshall Faulk, who has been phased out of the Rams offense in favor of Steven Jackson, is scheduled to have more surgery on his own injured knee, which could result in him missing the entire 2006 season -- if not marking the end of his career.
The Saints are still trying to gauge the health of Deuce McAllister and that will of course determine how likely they are to let go of Bennett.
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
We told you last week that the inside buzz was that Marshall Faulk was considering another knee surgery which could knock him out of the 2006 season. He reportedly is lining up television work on the NFL Network. If that does transpire, Bennett to St. Louis would make sense. Stay tuned.

jerek said:
This will easily go on record as the longest thread about a player we never acquired.

Don't forget the O. Pace non-deal. That thread was split into two, I think 3.

(sorry, didn't want to extend the life of this thread... but I guess I just bumped it back up.)

from www.kffl.com

Saints | Team wants high mid-round pick for Bennett
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:27:52 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New Orleans Saints are looking for a high mid-round draft pick in exchange for RB Michael Bennett. The team insists on taking him to training camp with them if they can not get what they want in a trade.

How come we cant get him, or how come he cant get a deal settled with another team....this is kinda getting old here...Michael Bennett isnt even that good of a RB, he just has speed.

Well. Bush signed.....figure I might as well beat everyone else and bump this monster of speculation back up to the top.

LOL, a 10 page thread on Michael Bennett... I don't think there was even a 5 page thread at SR when we signed him. He's on his way out soon... I think most probably to St. Louis... we'll see though...

Back