Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Case Keenum to start Sunday

Or maybe texans fans on both sides of the qb situation are biased

I've been on both sides.. I used to be a Schaub fan, I'm not any more

maybe Texan fans on one side are just more proactive than the other and are ahead of the curve and can see what's coming down the road.

Or one side is looking towards the future while the other is holding on to past false hopes.

I've been on both sides.. I used to be a Schaub fan, I'm not any more

maybe Texan fans on one side are just more proactive than the other and are ahead of the curve.

Let's be honest here neither one of you are keeping the team ahead of the curve or have any impact on the future of the team so remove the delusional thought process.

Let's be honest here neither one of you are keeping the team ahead of the curve or have any impact on the future of the team so remove the delusional thought process.

Who the hell ever said we were "keeping the team ahead of the curve or had any impact on the future"? So there's no "delusional thought process" to remove.

We're just rubber neckers looking at a car wreck. We didn't create the wreck or have any control with what happened or what is happening, but we're not "delusional" to act like it didn't happen or isn't happening. People who still think Schaub is a answer for this team are the ones who are delusional

:vincepalm: He doesn't have to know more than a "football player", if Rich Gannon who doesn't even follow this team is your ace in the hole argument then Schaub is in deeper trouble than I even thought..

There's people within the Texans locker room (yes.. people who play football.. like Gannon did.. people who actually know what's going on with the Texans.. unlike Gannon) that think Keenum gives them a chance to win now.

Please share with us the links to players in the Texans locker room saying that, otherwise I would say you are just making that up, or that is what you believe is going on. Your hopes and dreams are attached to the fall of Schaub and Kubiak, so of course your world view is such, but don't be making **** up, and pretend to speak for the Texans players and you can't back it up as fact. I highly doubt there are any in the Texans locker room who think Keenum is a more viable option than Schaub.

Please share with us the links to players in the Texans locker room saying that, otherwise I would say you are just making that up, or that is what you believe is going on. Your hopes and dreams are attached to the fall of Schaub and Kubiak, so of course your world view is such, but don't be making **** up, and pretend to speak for the Texans players and you can't back it up as fact. I highly doubt there are any in the Texans locker room who think Keenum is a more viable option than Schaub.

They talked about it this morning of NFL Network.. it was also brought up on First Take Friday on how (names) Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith, Andre Johnson, and Duane Brown have all came out and talked highly of Keenum.. who knows how many other players are talking... it doesn't take a damn genius to be able to read the tea leaves here.

P.S.

My hopes and dreams are not tied to the fall of Schaub (#1 reason is because he's already fallen so there's nothing to even tie to), but it's apparently clear your hopes and dreams are tied to keeping him propped up... for whatever reason, "blood is thicker than water".

Last edited:
He did zip in the 2nd half and overtime against the Seahawks. Well, nothing but single-handedly give the team a loss. In his last game against the Rams, he completed some short passes that AJ, Hopkins, and Foster turned into big gains. And he didn't get the ball into the end zone for essentially his last 10 quarters.

I'll probably be accused of trolling again but..... I've been talking about or defense, people have been saying they've played well enough to win. I disagree.

To me, it's all about the situation, what situation are we in, what do we need to happen, & measure that against what actually happened.

We should never expect our QB to throw a pick 6. It hurts our chances to win. If our QB throws a pick 6, he did not play well enough to win, no matter how many yards/TDs he put on Seattle in the first half.

At the same time, we can not expect our defense to give up 1 90+ yard TD scoring drive & expect to win. Just like the pick 6, it should not happen. Not even against an average defense. Should not happen. & it don't matter how many 3 & outs you pitched in the first half. You give up one 90+ yard TD drive, you didn't play well enough to win.

In the situation we were in, with the Seahawks starting on their 2 yard line, commiting a penalty moving them back to their 1 yard line, we had them in 3rd & 7 from their 5..... no way they should have even scored on that drive, but if we were to stop them to just a field goal, we win that game.

The Seahawks was a team loss, the Rams a team fail. The defense gives up 21 points in less than 3 qtrs of football, just like they did against San Diego. That's unacceptable, especially when you consider none of those drives (in the St Louis game started on our side of the 50).

Hopefully the Schaub injury cheering incident challenged the BullsonParade pride. Hopefully the start of Case Keenum will get these guys to rally behind their offense, their QB. Hopefully they'll play with a little extra somet'n-somet'n to honor their DC, sonofBum..... because those guys have not been playing winning football.

I don't care about how many yards they've allowed. I've got a QB on pace to throw for 4100 yards. But if he doesn't get his sht straight (& realistically, he might not see the field again) he's not playing like a Super Bowl contending QB. Same thing with the defense, #1 in yards is great, but if they don't get straight on a lot of other things.... run defense, red zone defense, penalties, turnover generation..... they aren't playing like Super Bowl contenders, they're not playing like Division Champs, they're not playing like a winning defense.

I agree there are no players responding with anything other than PC answers. I have no quotes to back up CB's POV but I can see where he's coming from. The guys aren't going to throw Matt or TJ under the bus. They're just not gonna do that. What I think I do see/feel though is a different buzz. I feel (and yes, it's just a feeling) that both sides of the ball are going to go into Arrowhead with renewed vigor and tempo that we all know this team is capable of. Certainly there are no guarantees but starting Case "I Believe" (oops, wrong thread :D) we'll field a team with more drive, enthusiasm and will to win than we've witnessed to date. It's happened too many times in NFL history to ignore

Not Kool-Aiding here, just wanting and wishing the best for my team.

Go Texans!

I am going to disagree with you here. Unlike the Anti-Schaub crowd, the Schaub supporters are behind Keenum and hope he does well, but unless he just blows out the Chiefs, Schaub will be the starter again vs the Colts much to the chagrin of the bunch of over reacting, cry babies who whine insistently about Schaub.

Why in the world do you want to go there now?

It's not worth it. We've got two weeks for that debate, no reason to start muddying the water now.

Right now, it's about Case. He needs the BullsonParade to bring it. blahblahblahing about the gimp ain't helping nobody.

I'll probably be accused of trolling again but..... I've been talking about or defense, people have been saying they've played well enough to win. I disagree.

To me, it's all about the situation, what situation are we in, what do we need to happen, & measure that against what actually happened.

We should never expect our QB to throw a pick 6. It hurts our chances to win. If our QB throws a pick 6, he did not play well enough to win, no matter how many yards/TDs he put on Seattle in the first half.

At the same time, our we can not expect our defense to give up 1 90+ yard TD scoring drive & expect to win. Just like the pick 6, it should not happen. Not even against an average defense. Should not happen.

In the situation we were in, with the Seahawks starting on their 2 yard line, commiting a penalty moving them back to their 1 yard line, we had them in 3rd & 7 from their 5..... no way they should have even scored on that drive, but if we were to stop them to just a field goal, we win that game.

The Seahawks was a team loss, the Rams a team fail. The defense gives up 21 points in less than 3 qtrs of football, just like they did against San Diego. That's unacceptable, especially when you consider none of those drives (in the St Louis game started on our side of the 50).

Hopefully the Schaub injury cheering incident challenged the BullsonParade pride. Hopefully the start of Case Keenum will get these guys to rally behind their offense, their QB. Hopefully they'll play with a little extra somet'n-somet'n to honor their DC, sonofBum..... because those guys have not been playing winning football.

I don't care about how many yards they've allowed. I've got a QB on pace to throw for 4100 yards. But if he doesn't get his sht straight (& realistically, he might not see the field again) he's not playing like a Super Bowl contending QB. Same thing with the defense, #1 in yards is great, but if they don't get straight on a lot of other things.... run defense, red zone defense, penalties, turnover generation..... they aren't playing like Super Bowl contenders, they're not playing like Division Champs, they're not playing like a winning defense.

agreed with everything you posted and I'd like to add.. if this defense doesn't rally around Wade and doesn't physically beat the hell out of the chiefs then they should have their collective man cards pulled on the flight home. Win one for Bum, should be the battle cry

You guys do realize Case is gonna get killed today in KC today, right ?

2013-03-10-27.gif

I keep hearing that the keenum love is irrational, but I think it's the exact opposite. Schaub has not been a good qb for a while.

The Case love is irrational. Everything that has happened to Case has been pretty much on schedule for an UDFA QB, maybe ahead of schedule. But the Case crowd is all over Kubiak because we didn't have Case activated for the play-offs last season (a little exaggerated).

We've seen coaches stick with "their guy" through bad games & while Schaub didn't win a Super Bowl, we all know he is Kubiak's guy, that Kubiak believes in him. I don't think Coughlin is saying, "Well, Eli did win a Super Bowl, I'll give him 8 games to work out of this." Noooooooo. Coughlin is saying, "Eli's been a good QB, he's not hurt, maybe today is the day."

He & Kubiak are probably saying, "WTF, Alex Smith threw a pick six & he still won the game!!! I'm supposed to have one of the best defenses in the league."

SF, where Schaub threw 3 INTs.... that's the only game that I think a dominant defense had no chance of winning for us. Whether you want to agree or not, Schaub won the San Diego game & the Titans game (regardless of his mistakes). The defense haven't won any.

You guys do realize Case is gonna get killed today in KC today, right ?

and if he doesn't, you do realize how ridiculous this post is going to look, right?

:) in the great words of the Prophet Bluto.. "What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

and if he doesn't, you do realize how ridiculous this post is going to look, right?

:) in the great words of the Prophet Bluto.. "What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

What have you done? I posted that quote the last few weeks and we lost...:vincepalm:

At the same time, we can not expect our defense to give up 1 90+ yard TD scoring drive & expect to win. Just like the pick 6, it should not happen. Not even against an average defense. Should not happen. & it don't matter how many 3 & outs you pitched in the first half. You give up one 90+ yard TD drive, you didn't play well enough to win.

You know football is a game of emotion correct? Our offense laid an egg ONCE again and you get mad our defense gave up one drive for a td AFTER our stupid qb gave the game away......the more our offense fails the more it will affect our defense, its just fact. their emotion lets up and they start making mistakes and penalties.....we need spark and hopefully Case provides that, he may not play like a HOF but he may lift the spirits of the team and the TEAM can carry us to victory.....

If I am correct and Case struggles, you are right, I will be very disappointed.

I won't. He's bascially a rookie. I expected Kj to struggle as a rookie, I expected Newton to struggle in what was basically his rookie season, I expected Duane Brown to struggle his rookie season, I expect Hopkins to struggle his rookie season. Some guys don't struggle, Tate, Cushing, Watt, Demeco.....

This game has nothing to do with Case Keenum. Remember coming out of the half of the San Francisco game Kubiak said he's got bigger things to worry about than his QB? He probably wanted to make the QB change back then, but couldn't if the defense was going to play the way they were, or if our OL was struggling the way they were.

Everybody thought he was crazy, but when the QB is struggling, everybody knows the QB is struggling, Our defense has to play better. If we're going to play a less experienced QB the team has to play better than they did.

I hope the kid wins the game for the Texans ! That would be great, but I'm just trying to brace you, because he might turn out to be a starting NFL QB eventually, but this is an impossible situation to throw him into. He hasn't suited up once since being in the NFL during the regular season. I just hope his confidence is not destroyed.

There's people within the Texans locker room (yes.. people who play football.. like Gannon did.. people who actually know what's going on with the Texans.. unlike Gannon) that think Keenum gives them a chance to win now.

They need to play like it today. If they do & Kubiak starts talking about starting Schaub, they need to take the coach aside & explain their position. Don't make a big stink of it, because then it's a "who's running the team" situation & that's a no win situation for the fans.

Instead, they need to get Aj to walk into Kubiak's office before the game & guarantee him they will play better & let him know they love Schaub, but they need the QB change (& if they prefer Case, let him know they prefer Case.... or they can say they'll let him decide who to start, just not Matt, odds are he'll pick Case).

The Case love is irrational. Everything that has happened to Case has been pretty much on schedule for an UDFA QB, maybe ahead of schedule. But the Case crowd is all over Kubiak because we didn't have Case activated for the play-offs last season (a little exaggerated).

A lot exaggerated. Matter of fact I don't recall hearing or reading that anywhere.

But we can agree to disagree. There is no reason at all to put Schaub back into a game wearing a texans uniform unless keenum and Yates get hurt. Or by some miracle we make the play offs and case gets hurt.

Other than that I couldn't care less about any irrational case hype. I don't care. I'm rooting for whichever qb can help this team win. I strongly feel that isn't Schaub, and I am not sold that it's keenum but I want to give him a shot.

But the inly reason you responded to that post is because you have irrational Schaub love.

I hope the kid wins the game for the Texans ! That would be great, but I'm just trying to brace you, because he might turn out to be a starting NFL QB eventually, but this is an impossible situation to throw him into. He hasn't suited up once since being in the NFL during the regular season. I just hope his confidence is not destroyed.

because he hasn't suited up once is why I'm giving him faith...he doesn't know what he doesn't know. I think the chiefs are about to run into a south paw (who should all be destroyed), they won't know what hit them. :)

A lot exaggerated. Matter of fact I don't recall hearing or reading that anywhere.

But we can agree to disagree. There is no reason at all to put Schaub back into a game wearing a texans uniform unless keenum and Yates get hurt. Or by some miracle we make the play offs and case gets hurt.

Other than that I couldn't care less about any irrational case hype. I don't care. I'm rooting for whichever qb can help this team win. I strongly feel that isn't Schaub, and I am not sold that it's keenum but I want to give him a shot.

But the inly reason you responded to that post is because you have irrational Schaub love.

if case struggles badly kubiak will go back to schaub. His job is on the line hence why he leapfrogged keenum over yates.

Every texan fan should root for Case to play well enough to keep his job and to move on from the schaub era.

I heard Rich Gannon on the radio this week discussing the Texan QB situation. He thinks Matt Schaub playing better is the Texans best chance for success this year. Is he a family member, a friend, or just wanting to be right?... Or, do you just know more about football than Gannon does?

I heard Derrick ward say the texans will never win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

Do you know more than a football player that played with Matt Schaub?

I'm just hoping tomorrow I see one of those corny headlines like "CK lights up KC!" I can hope, can't I?

I heard Derrick ward say the texans will never win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

Do you know more than a football player that played with Matt Schaub?

Be careful, a little fishy will swim in and call you a liar or proclaim that you're not a Texans fan and your only interest in posting here is to make sure his QB is "S" canned... even though you've been posting here long before his (blood) Schaub was even a NFL thought.

They talked about it this morning of NFL Network.. it was also brought up on First Take Friday on how (names) Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith, Andre Johnson, and Duane Brown have all came out and talked highly of Keenum.. who knows how many other players are talking... it doesn't take a damn genius to be able to read the tea leaves here.

P.S.

My hopes and dreams are not tied to the fall of Schaub (#1 reason is because he's already fallen so there's nothing to even tie to), but it's apparently clear your hopes and dreams are tied to keeping him propped up... for whatever reason, "blood is thicker than water".

Oh I see, so the lip service every player would give when asked about another player suddenly means they want a QB change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

Why in the world do you want to go there now?

It's not worth it. We've got two weeks for that debate, no reason to start muddying the water now.

Right now, it's about Case. He needs the BullsonParade to bring it. blahblahblahing about the gimp ain't helping nobody.

Why not? Because you don't see any reason for it? I'll be sure to check with you first next time I consider making a post to be sure I am not jumping the gun on a topic.

It's not about Case dude. It's about the Texans. When are you people going to get that? Calling Schaub a Gimp does nothing but make you look as petty as the rest of the name callers and cry babies.

Oh I see, so the lip service every player would give when asked about another player suddenly means they want a QB change?.

:vincepalm: No, but when your own QB coach comes out and openly roots for the other guy it does. I understand your "relation" to this topic, but get real here.. it's blatantly obvious that the Texans are moving on.

I am a big Case Keenum fan and I expect him to do at least really good things in the NFL .... eventually!!

What I see on this board is the Keenum fans are a little over the top with their appreciation for him and his detractors are basically saying ..."Okay Keenum fanboys, let's see him destroy the Chiefs Sunday or he is no good!" Both sides do not have realistic expectations.

It would be hard for ANY team with ANY NFL QB to go into KC this weekend and destroy them and that includes all the top teams and QB's. So, to put such expectations on CK with a mediocre 2-4 team and suspect coaching on him is unfair and unrealistic.

Some have stated their expectations of him to be 'mistake free'. Even the BEST QB's in the league are not 'mistake free' and add to that the pressure cooker of this game in KC. Another unrealistic expectation.

I believe our expectations should be that he competently operates the QB position and gains confidence as the game goes on. I expect him to make more than one mistake. An interception or 2 is highly possible. However, I also expect him to make some plays that we're not used to seeing from our QB's. I expect, as his comfort level grows, that he will improve in his pocket presence and ability to look down field and read the defense. I expect him to go outside Gary's box when plays break down and sometimes create something good from it instead of creating a turnover or loss. If he gets thru this pressure packed game as I've described against the undefeated Chiefs on their noisy home field with our mediocre team and mediocre coaching then the upside for him will be great moving forward.

Expecting him to 'lead' us to victory is unrealistic, but possible knowing him. However, the people who SHOULD be leading this team to victory this week are Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Duane Brown, Chris Myers, JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Ed Reed, Jonathon Joseph, Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips with Keenum being competent enough to operate the offense and not throw the game away.

I'm not arguing that.

The Case love has been ridiculous & unwarranted. Only a fanboi would say otherwise.

All this hand-wringing is annoying, tedious, and ridiculous.

The players are going to say positive things REGARDLESS of what the decision is.

Let the ****ing guy play. If he fails, he fails. If he succeeds, he succeeds. If he looks pedestrian, he looks pedestrian. He will be what he becomes.

Relying on Case Keenum to lead us to anything right now is not good. As said above, our real stars are going to have to lead us to victory today and beyond.

I am a big Case Keenum fan and I expect him to do at least really good things in the NFL .... eventually!!

What I see on this board is the Keenum fans are a little over the top with their appreciation for him and his detractors are basically saying ..."Okay Keenum fanboys, let's see him destroy the Chiefs Sunday or he is no good!" Both sides do not have realistic expectations.

It would be hard for ANY team with ANY NFL QB to go into KC this weekend and destroy them and that includes all the top teams and QB's. So, to put such expectations on CK with a mediocre 2-4 team and suspect coaching on him is unfair and unrealistic.

Some have stated their expectations of him to be 'mistake free'. Even the BEST QB's in the league are not 'mistake free' and add to that the pressure cooker of this game in KC. Another unrealistic expectation.

I believe our expectations should be that he competently operates the QB position and gains confidence as the game goes on. I expect him to make more than one mistake. An interception or 2 is highly possible. However, I also expect him to make some plays that we're not used to seeing from our QB's. I expect, as his comfort level grows, that he will improve in his pocket presence and ability to look down field and read the defense. I expect him to go outside Gary's box when plays break down and sometimes create something good from it instead of creating a turnover or loss. If he gets thru this pressure packed game as I've described against the undefeated Chiefs on their noisy home field with our mediocre team and mediocre coaching then the upside for him will be great moving forward.

Expecting him to 'lead' us to victory is unrealistic, but possible knowing him. However, the people who SHOULD be leading this team to victory this week are Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Duane Brown, Chris Myers, JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Ed Reed, Jonathon Joseph, Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips with Keenum being competent enough to operate the offense and not throw the game away.

This is what I expect... I expect Keenum to look capable at his position and not make the same mistakes his predecessors have made that put us in costly situations.. and I expect the defense to man up behind their morning DC who just lost his father and go braveheat on the chiefs. This game will probably be a defensive struggle and a 10-6 final score won't bother me at all.. as long as we're on the winning end.

I'm not arguing that.

The Case love has been ridiculous & unwarranted. Only a fanboi would say otherwise.

I have not commented on what I think of "Case love" other than using it as a comparison to the "Schaub love".

But I will now. I'm not a case fanboi, but I am curious to see what he has. Just from what I've personally heard, that seems to be the general thought pattern.

So if that's "The Case love" you are referring to then I disagree.

Just to be clear, I think it's ridiculous and unwarranted to put Schaub back in at any point unless we are depleted due to injuries. Even if Case plays terrible in a win today, I would not go back to Schaub. For what? (IMO)

Going through my posts prior to Keenum being announced as starter and found this from week ago. Now if the rest will come true:

At the moment I have a slightly different take than you as I have watched Keenum for several college years and compare him favorably to all 2014 QBs. Add in that he will have two years NFL seasoning and hopefully some actual game experience to evaluate, I at this moment rate him + a #1 pick at another position over selecting a QB. In my perfect world of optimism, I trade MS + Tate for Browns WR Josh Gordon (despite team saying not up for trade) and their own third round. That leaves them two firsts, a second and another third from Steelers. Just to clarify, Gordon at Baylor had issues with marijuana but the 2013 suspension for first two games was due to taking cough syrup with codeine in it for a strep throat in February. Link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...pended-2-games

A change of scenery for MS could revive his career and Tate is a tantalizing morsel for a RB starved Cleveland team.

I'm not arguing that.

You're describing your hard headed love for Matt Schaub actually along with your undying infatuation for Kubiak. Both of which you'll most likely deny ever existed when both of them are gone as you do with just about every other subject you argue for years and then deny ever caring about. I'm calling it out now. The only reason you continue to make these wild claims of people way over hyping Keenum is because you don't want to see Schaub replaced.

I'm not arguing that.

The Case bashing has been ridiculous and unwarranted.. this has nothing to do with being a "fanboi". As far as being a "case homer", the entire team has now backed him.. so were they also being a "fanbois"?

If you have anything positive to say about the kid, you're labeled a member of the "Case cult club" or a "UofH homer" even though you never stepped foot of that campus or follow that team... that's what is ridiculous.

The love for Case has been very warranted, because it isn't just fans rooting for Case to succeed.. it's fans rooting for a change at QB. Which has to happen if we are able to even sniff anywhere close to a SB appearance or even consistently win this division.

I don't know what to expect today. And that's what makes this game exciting for me. I could see it going really well or really poorly.

But my gut tells me that Case is going to play well and will make some plays that the other two guys don't make.

But this is his first NFL start so I don't expect him to be flawless and I could see him not seeing some coverage correctly and throwing a pick(s). He has his flaws, but like Kubiak said cheerfully at his last press conference, I like Cases instincts and that's what I'm hoping to see today.

The off schedule plays. The throws that Schaub couldn't/Didn't make. The ability to scramble when no one is open and pick up any positive yardage at all.

But as far as I'm concerned the rest of the year should be a Case/TJ Audition (TJ should get another shot if Case stinks). And since I'm already convinced on what Schaub is, I don't need to see any more. IF no one on the roster can play NFL QB at a high level....Well, now we know. Time to move on and grab THE GUY in the draft.

But really all this Schaub talk is just in one ear and out the other. Case being terrible or not has no bearing on what I think of him and his future here. IMO, it's either Case (with a small chance it's TJ) or it's a rookie next year. I'm past Matt Schaub already.

Going through my posts prior to Keenum being announced as starter and found this from week ago. Now if the rest will come true:

At the moment I have a slightly different take than you as I have watched Keenum for several college years and compare him favorably to all 2014 QBs. Add in that he will have two years NFL seasoning and hopefully some actual game experience to evaluate, I at this moment rate him + a #1 pick at another position over selecting a QB. In my perfect world of optimism, I trade MS + Tate for Browns WR Josh Gordon (despite team saying not up for trade) and their own third round. That leaves them two firsts, a second and another third from Steelers. Just to clarify, Gordon at Baylor had issues with marijuana but the 2013 suspension for first two games was due to taking cough syrup with codeine in it for a strep throat in February. Link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...pended-2-games

A change of scenery for MS could revive his career and Tate is a tantalizing morsel for a RB starved Cleveland team.

I would do that trade.

if case struggles badly kubiak will go back to schaub. His job is on the line hence why he leapfrogged keenum over yates.

Every texan fan should root for Case to play well enough to keep his job and to move on from the schaub era.

We're not going to win with Case, Schaub, or Tj if the run game does not dominate, if the defense does not dominate. & I don't mean good enough to win, they need to dominate, they need to play so well that we win in spite of the QB, in spite of the Special Teams.

So it's not about if Case struggles or not. It's about the spark. If there is a spark, then Kubiak will have to try to figure out if it was because our fans cheered Schaub's injury, if it's because Case was named starter, or if it's because Wade's daddy passed away. Personally I couldn't care less what provided the spark, as long as there is one. If it's there, I'm not changing anything.

If it's not there, then Kubiak has to decide what gives us the best chance to win after the bye. IF Case struggles & Matt is healthy I have no doubt what Kubiak is going to do.

We're not going to win with Case, Schaub, or Tj if the run game does not dominate, if the defense does not dominate. & I don't mean good enough to win, they need to dominate, they need to play so well that we win in spite of the QB, in spite of the Special Teams.

So it's not about if Case struggles or not. It's about the spark. If there is a spark, then Kubiak will have to try to figure out if it was because our fans cheered Schaub's injury, if it's because Case was named starter, or if it's because Wade's daddy passed away. Personally I couldn't care less what provided the spark, as long as there is one. If it's there, I'm not changing anything.

If it's not there, then Kubiak has to decide what gives us the best chance to win after the bye. IF Case struggles & Matt is healthy I have no doubt what Kubiak is going to do.
Sorry, but we have too many g'damn weapons on offense to NEED the defense to dominate to win.

Sorry, but we have too many g'damn weapons on offense to NEED the defense to dominate to win.

Agreed. I meant win a Super Bowl. We don't have an elite QB, this team was built to win a Super Bowl without an elite QB. With the play makers we have, should've been able to make Schaub look elite. But he fcked it up. Again & again & again.

But, but TK don't even like Schaub. :kitten::kitten:

I'm not arguing that.

You're describing your hard headed love for Matt Schaub actually along with your undying infatuation for Kubiak. Both of which you'll most likely deny ever existed when both of them are gone as you do with just about every other subject you argue for years and then deny ever caring about. I'm calling it out now. The only reason you continue to make these wild claims of people way over hyping Keenum is because you don't want to see Schaub replaced.

1 quarter and I'm sold. We have a QB that should get every chance succeed as the starter for the rest of this season.

Back