Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr and Domanick Williams Released

This wasn't too hard to see coming. The Texans announced they were trading him and probably had been trying since the end of last season. Teams, with the Schaub deal, weren't going to give up a pick when they just had to wait.

Didn't some team get some picks out of Dave Ragone sometime last year? I understand that we might be saving some money by cutting Carr, but you're telling me Dave Ragone had some value while the best they could do for Carr was release him?

Agreed. If he does get another chance in the NFL, it won't be for long. He'll be in the CFL with Harrington before long. If he succeeds, good for him. Let's move on. Hopefully everything concerning Carr will now be moved to the NFL section.:tearup:

Agreed. From this point forward, any David threads should be in the NFL section. (a place I rarely visit)

I am just wondering what the heck were they thinking. IF they were gonna let him go they shoulda done it last year and took Vince Young. I know this has had to have been posted already. BUT dang what the hell

Dang! Well at least Carr has a chance to pick his destination and it's just over with. Best of luck with that.

Still say the Texans mishandled Carr from day 1.

No surprise to see Domanick released. How long until Kubiak releases Mathis?

At least the Texans have some cash to sign another FA or two before the draft.

I wouldnt be surprised if Carr didn't want to renegotiate and made any trade hit a wall. Teams must feel they don't mind a bidding war for him either.

I don't know why he'd regret saying that... what he said surely had no impct whatsoever on the fact that no other team wanted to take on Carr's contract.

Well, he gave me the impression that he has value tradewise. Gave me the impression that a deal would be done the next couple of days.

Nobody should be surprised here.

We all knew that Dom was done when the season started and all other 31 teams in the NFL knew that they wouldn't have to give up a pick for Carr.

I was actually kind of concerned that DD/DW would not be able to be cut because of his injury.

I am just wondering what the heck were they thinking. IF they were gonna let him go they shoulda done it last year and took Vince Young. I know this has had to have been posted already. BUT dang what the hell

ummm... I doubt they knew they were going to release him last year before the season started. If he played well he would still be the QB.

Dang! Well at least Carr has a chance to pick his destination and it's just over with. Best of luck with that.

Still say the Texans mishandled Carr from day 1.

No surprise to see Domanick released. How long until Kubiak releases Mathis?

Maybe so, but he's going to be in for a rude awakening once he sees the type of salary offerings he'll be getting. lol:redtowel:

Was is everybody surprised that no one was willing to give us a pick for Carr? We all so how bad he played last year, did y'all think other teams wouldn't look at teh film?

What in the hell is that? dude my significant other is a teacher and you might wanna brush up on that sentence structuring.

DC and DW it was nice watching you guys early in your carreer. It looked like a great offensive trio was emerging, but alas, it just wasn't meant to be. As a lifer season ticket holder and on behalf of our group in 136, let us just say thanks for the great memories. Dal, Season opener KC and season opener MIA, sweep of Tenn in 05, and last Dave thanks for Indy, at least you finally got over that wall after coming close many times.

Didn't some team get some picks out of Dave Ragone sometime last year? I understand that we might be saving some money by cutting Carr, but you're telling me Dave Ragone had some value while the best they could do for Carr was release him?

Dave Ragone was a chance at potential for a low dollar. David Carr was a chance at potential for millions and millions of dollars. I don't think we've seen the end of David Carr in the NFL. If we have, I hope he gets to the CFL. I'd like to see what he could do with my Blue Bombers.

:sos: I think this team/franchise is going to need some vaseline. Because they really getting screwed all up.

I don't think you have been watching the same team I have but I think the franchise is finally getting it right. Its the fans that have been needing the vaseline the last 5 years.

Too bad for Domanick he's from outside my hometown and one of my favorite former LSU Tigers. Truth be told he was the only reason I watched the Texans. I'm glad he was able to get paid before he got hurt.

Well, he's gone. Good luck David. Hope he finds a new job and does well except when he comes to Houston or we go see him. This thread is for all of us to say good by to DC. Please show him some respect.:joker:

Well, he gave me the impression that he has value tradewise. Gave me the impression that a deal would be done the next couple of days.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like this has been the plan all along.

People get fired on Fridays (like Office Space.)

I think that Smith may have been trying to get a trade, but the decision was already made that he would be off the roster by the end of the day regardless.

To do otherwise would defy common sense. :twocents:

Blame Carr and his high price that is on his contract. His ego is so high he doesn't wan't to lose pride and face reality by not restructuring his contract because he knows he sucks.

Even on his way out people still find a way say something negative about this guy, i'll never understand it. :thumbdown

Maybe so, but he's going to be in for a rude awakening once he sees the type of salary offerings he'll be getting. lol:redtowel:

Salary, schmalary. After what he's made here, I doubt he'll be coming back so that he can support his family. He has something to prove, and I think he knows that.

Whether he proves it or not is for him, his next team and the football gods to decide.

Salary, schmalary. After what he's made here, I doubt he'll be coming back so that he can support his family. He has something to prove, and I think he knows that.

Whether he proves it or not is for him, his next team and the football gods to decide.

Maybe so, who cares?:confused:

HELL YEAH!!! It's time to celebrate boyos. I'm going out to get my drink on tonight and celebrate the new era of Houston Texans football.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Best ending for all concerned - time for everyone to move on.
Good luck DC ! Hope you end up in the NFC, since I got no one to root for
over in that conference.

It was a good run, no matter what anyone else (read: Carr Haters) have to say. I'm happy to be moving in a new direction, but said to see our first leader leave.

Good luck, and I, for one, hope to see him find success somewhere else. I will always remember 19-10. And no one can deny that Carr was full of class, and always did everything in his power for this city and this team.

Knew he'd regret saying that.
I don't think this was Smith's call. Smith would have held on to Carr until the draft in the remote chance that a team that came up empty on a QB would give up a pick.

This had to be McNair's decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Carr had talked directly to McNair and asked for a release. This was David's best chance to get another gig.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like this has been the plan all along.

People get fired on Fridays (like Office Space.)

I think that Smith may have been trying to get a trade, but the decision was already made that he would be off the roster by the end of the day regardless.

To do otherwise would defy common sense. :twocents:

Well, IMO, Smith's statement was misleading. If the plan was to release Carr from the get go, then he should have just said so.

He didn't lead me on with his statement, but from reading other people's posts yesterday and today, it's apparent that he led a few others on.

Should have kept his mouth shut about it.

I don't think this was Smith's call. Smith would have held on to Carr until the draft in the remote chance that a team that came up empty on a QB would give up a pick.

This had to be McNair's decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Carr had talked directly to McNair and asked for a release. This was David's best chance to get another gig.
yep....I'd say this is how it went down.

Well, IMO, Smith's statement was misleading. If the plan was to release Carr from the get go, then he should have just said so.

He didn't lead me on with his statement, but from reading other people's posts yesterday and today, it's apparent that he led a few others on.

Should have kept his mouth shut about it.

Who tells the truth leading up to the draft? Aside from the team with the #1 overall that doesn't plan to trade it, that is...

I can see your point. It's hard to see any benefit to the Texans, Smith saying what he did.

Back