Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you're correct.

The backstabbing option lead to what we see today.
A good GM that hit on damn near every pick on last year’s draft? Whose hand should we shake for the “backstabbing option?” Brian Gaine needs to seriously be looking at coaches he likes because keeping Assjaw around after another embarrassing playoff loss can end up with him getting the pink slip along with that delusional retard of a HC.

A good GM that hit on damn near every pick on last year’s draft? Whose hand should we shake for the “backstabbing option?” Brian Gaine needs to seriously be looking at coaches he likes because keeping Assjaw around after another embarrassing playoff loss can end up with him getting the pink slip along with that delusional retard of a HC.

So far we only know that he hit on Reid. Though coutee and ejiafor were good when healthy. The rest are TBD

The Jordans both looked good when they were given the opportunity. The problem is they weren't used properly last season.

Or couldn't be used properly due to the OL issues.

I actually think the Fells FA signing is the biggest FA signing this offseason. I also like the Gipson signing and think he's going to upgrade coverage of the TE's and that's an area that's needed an upgrade for yrs.

You know my thoughts on Roby

Nope

It takes rookie TE's time to adjust to the NFL. See: Hayden Hurst

I know you want instant gratification but this is yr 2 or a 3 yr rebuild.

I thought they looked good when they played? So then why do they need time to adjust while Griffin sucked it up.

And if it's because the OL was bad and they aren't good blockers, well it's gonna be the same problem this year

So did Gaine get O'Brien TEs that don't fit his system?

Or is obrien just a poor offensive coach?
I think it's more the latter. Our TE's were used as dump off options most of the time last season.

There are ways to help out your offense when you don't have a top tier OLine. Going to max protect like O'B did most of the time isn't the answer. If you only send two receivers on routes, it is easier for the defense to cover them, and in turn, put pressure on the QB. If you think about it, NE and Indy (w/Manning) never had great OLines. What they did, and NE still does, is flood the field with receiving options, and threw a lot of quick passes. This would slow up the blitzes, which would open up the running game. Which in turn would bring the safeties down to help out with the short passes and run game. The combination would set up the deep routes.

I thought they looked good when they played? So then why do they need time to adjust while Griffin sucked it up.

And if it's because the OL was bad and they aren't good blockers, well it's gonna be the same problem this year

Griffin was a better blocker than the rookie Jordan's.

Fells is a huge upgrade in that area and I think Thomas in particular will be a better blocker next yr. I mean he was better than a 1st rd draft pick as a converted WR playing TE for the 1st time in his life.

Have to fix coaching and the philosophy first. You can't change up the scheme every single game with new linemen who hasn't played in your system like that.

Don't understand why you don't get that.

Trouble is, the coaching wont get fixed this year. We got what we got. Best we can do now is add premiere talent and hope it overcomes that coaching.

I'm convinced Griffin stayed on the field more because he was assignment sound. Coaches just didn't trust the Jordan's yet.

Have to fix coaching and the philosophy first. You can't change up the scheme every single game with new linemen who hasn't played in your system like that.

Don't understand why you don't get that.

I dont care what coaching/scheme you have if Davenport/Lamm are your starting OT's you're offense isn't going to be good and your QB is going to suffer alot of pain.

I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand.

I dont care what coaching/scheme you have if Davenport/Lamm are your starting OT's you're offense isn't going to be good and your QB is going to suffer alot of pain.

Cant argue this. Those guys wouldn't start for any other team.

Again coaching plays a major part along with continuity and chemistry. Once the coach actually develops what exactly he wants to do. Then he can plug in players and actually make them fit into his damn system.

Cant argue this. Those guys wouldn't start for any other team.

I bet they can start in New England. Oh and so many didn't think X wouldn't start for any other team. Hmmm he started for the power offensive in Dallas. Ben Jones shouldn't be starting either.

I bet they can start in New England. Oh and so many didn't think X wouldn't start for any other team. Hmmm he started for the power offensive in Dallas. Ben Jones shouldn't be starting either.

X was an injury fill in

Ben Jones is an avg C, which is what he was with the Texans.

The fact that you think Davenport would be starting for the Pats is laughable.

The greatest coach and QB in the history of the nfl?

We dont have that.

Reactions: JB
Seantrel and Kalil are downgrades from lamm, and that's saying something. It's like going from fitz/keenum to hoyer/mallet. Obrien can't evaluate talent

QB talent? Sure. He's such an ego maniac he believes in his offensive scheme over pure qb talent.

We finally got that qb.

Gaine did pretty damn good in last year's draft. He'll have to nail this one to. If ob can stop himself from fingerfu":;&g all the ol and making them interchangeable we might be a lil better.

QB talent? Sure. He's such an ego maniac he believes in his offensive scheme over pure qb talent.

We finally got that qb.

Gaine did pretty damn good in last year's draft. He'll have to nail this one to. If ob can stop himself from fingerfu":;&g all the ol and making them interchangeable we might be a lil better.

And O'Brien cant move these OL guys out of position like he did last year. OL might have been not horrible last year if he just kept Davenport at LT and Lamm at RT all year.

So as I read this thread and your responses, I'm watching the movie inception.

And it reminds me of gaine.

1 year prove it deals will now be the standard. Succeed or be discarded. Low end free agent signings now every year building comp pick after comp pick. Until, draft picks can fill those holes.

Maneuvering as such, our cap remains flexible every year. Sure, we'll still have guys like Watson and the occasional pursuit of a guy like brown ,but they'll be a smaller fraction of our cap space then other teams. Much smaller.

He wants to be mobile while retaining the cap to acquire the last one or 2 big players necessary. And we may not pursue those last guys for years. Instead we focus on "prove it deals" and picks.

Just a few flys in the ointment though. It's going to take time. We're going to have to nail picks at a higher rate then other teams. We're going to need the coaches not to ***** it up.

We're waiting for a train. A train that will take us far away...

So as I read this thread and your responses, I'm watching the movie inception.

And it reminds me of gaine.

1 year prove it deals will now be the standard. Succeed or be discarded. Low end free agent signings now every year building comp pick after comp pick. Until, draft picks can fill those holes.

Maneuvering as such, our cap remains flexible every year. Sure, we'll still have guys like Watson and the occasional pursuit of a guy like brown ,but they'll be a smaller fraction of our cap space then other teams. Much smaller.

He wants to be mobile while retaining the cap to acquire the last one or 2 big players necessary. And we may not pursue those last guys for years. Instead we focus on "prove it deals" and picks.

Just a few flys in the ointment though. It's going to take time. We're going to have to nail picks at a higher rate then other teams. We're going to need the coaches not to ***** it up.

We're waiting for a train. A train that will take us far away...

Yeah, it's kind of like a treadmill. That's why some teams tank and hoard picks (Browns, Jags, Raiders) to try to get out of it. No guarantee that would work either.

Yeah, it's kind of like a treadmill. That's why some teams tank and hoard picks (Browns, Jags, Raiders) to try to get out of it. No guarantee that would work either.

No guarantee of anything. It looks to have worked for the browns (sashi is forgotten.)

Gaine sucks already? That was quick. I thought he did pretty well in last years draft. Of course it’s still early for those guys. Still early for Watson in all honesty. 2017 might turn out to be the outlier for him and 2018 might be closer to the norm.

If we’re going to be negative why not go all in?

Seantrel and Kalil are downgrades from lamm, and that's saying something. It's like going from fitz/keenum to hoyer/mallet. Obrien can't evaluate talent

Disagree about Seantrell if he's healthy. He's an upgrade over Lamm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back