Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brian Flores lawsuit, etc.

The tweeter actually says "will"not "could".

I "could" win the lotto.
I "will" have to work Monday, unless I die.

Im no lawyer but I would imagine its not illegal, but I can't imagine it strengthening ones case since it looks like revenge.

wait, what? Texans were obligated to hire Flores because he’s black, lol. Probably didn’t hire him because he’s a psycho who couldn’t get along with his former team and QB. But he’s got an ace in the hole… Deshaun Watson can serve as a character witness lol. Sounds like blackmail to me, no pun intended.

wait, what? Texans were obligated to hire Flores because he’s black, lol. Probably didn’t hire him because he’s a psycho who couldn’t get along with his former team and QB. But he’s got an ace in the hole… Deshaun Watson can serve as a character witness lol. Sounds like blackmail to me, no pun intended.

Not quite, though. He can't say we didn't hire him because he's black, because we hired someone who was black.

No, he's saying we didn't hire him because he had a lawsuit against the NFL.

Not quite, though. He can't say we didn't hire him because he's black, because we hired someone who was black.

No, he's saying we didn't hire him because he had a lawsuit against the NFL.
nice Gig then. File a lawsuit against the NFL and sue anyone who doesn’t hire you. THANK GOD the Texans didn’t hire this psycho. Another reason I’m only turning on the SB to watch Snoop Dog with a glass of his wine. The NFL is hijacked.

So he has good things to say about the Texans for hiring Lovie, but because it wasn’t him he’s adding them to the suit? What a douche.

Did he add the Saints too? They didn’t hire him either. Hell, none of the 7 teams who had openings hired him and most didn’t even interview him, those damn bunch of racists. Sue ‘em all.

So he has good things to say about the Texans for hiring Lovie, but because it wasn’t him he’s adding them to the suit? What a douche.

Did he add the Saints too? They didn’t hire him either. Hell, none of the 7 teams who had openings hired him and most didn’t even interview him, those damn bunch of racists. Sue ‘em all.
Caserio probably said something stupid like, "Eh... wish you weren't suing the NFL. You're my number one guy."

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Shite!!!!! Didn’t Cal tank as well? Look at all the 2021 moves. So who will be the new owner….asking for a friend?
The question I have is who in the NFL is feeding Rappaport this information. Owners will not convict, they all have way too many skeletons in their closet. If they let NFL do it to one, they can do it too all. McNair was right, inmates are running the asylum.

Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that some owners wouldn't rather have their team be represented by a white coach. I don't think any of it is about winning or losing. They likely think they can win with either. They would just rather have the image of a white guy lead the team.

Of course you would think this.

I predicted Flores' hiring or no hiring would potentially be a no win legal decision.

Yep, this is really what lead to Lovie being hired. So I guess Flores causing change.

I dont know whatever happened to business owners being able to hire who they think will make their businesses most successful?

Management or leadership should’ve never came with a skin tone criteria. If any owner has a checks and balances ledger for his management or leadership and can act accordingly with praise or a kick in the arse when needed…..wouldn’t matter at all what their color of their skin is.

Management or leadership should’ve never came with a skin tone criteria. If any owner has a checks and balances ledger for his management or leadership and can act accordingly with praise or a kick in the arse when needed…..wouldn’t matter at all what their color of their skin is.
They have a criteria?

So now owners aren't allowed to hire who they want to hire, even though it's what they think is best for there business and helps the odds of not losing money they've risked to start up their business.

I don't believe that for a second if Josh freakin' McCown was truly a candidate for HC.

At least we have one positive already from this lawsuit that he was duly eliminated from the search.

I don't believe that for a second if Josh freakin' McCown was truly a candidate for HC.

At least we have one positive already from this lawsuit that he was duly eliminated from the search.

You need people to force you to hire people even though that may not be what's best for your business. Bet you would feel differently.

The way I see things are if somebody's willing to risk their own money to start up a business, then they should be able to hire whoever they want to hire and either succeed or fail as a result of those hires.

The good….I’ll be back in CST on the 23rd since we’ll be on some much desired home leave. That means I won’t be a full 7 hours behind the news cycle.

If Watson clears that hurdle and becomes available for a trade, then:

First thing on the table, Flores will not be a HC anytime soon in the NFL. Second, Miami will be sticking with Tua for the 2022 season. Third, the Giants are sticking with Jones and plan on building a better team around him. Minnesota and Cleveland may become players but they could be enamored with the idea of Rodgers or Wilson should they actually become available.

That’s pretty much going to make Watson a beggar if he has any desire in playing professional football in 2022.

The only big QB1 that’ll probably change teams next season is Wilson….and even then, he could wind up staying in Seattle. The Vikings could be a landing spot if they move away from Cousins. The Browns could be a player if they dump Mayfield.

Taking all this into consideration…..I’m going to stick with my original prediction that Washington will be the team to step up and take Watson off the Texans hands. They have an absolute need and possess the cap space to make the move…..plus, I think Rivera really wants Watson. As I alluded to earlier, beggars…..beggars can’t be choosy. So Watson waives his NTC and moves to Washington to become their new Commander.

I'm waiting to see if a GJ indictment comes down. Then I will be able to tell you if he's going to play next yr. Even then I doubt this will be settled before the new league yr. Much less by the draft.

You need people to force you to hire people even though that may not be what's best for your business. Bet you would feel differently.

The way I see things are if somebody's willing to risk their own money to start up a business, then they should be able to hire whoever they want to hire and either succeed or fail as a result of those hires.
Along those lines, the NFL has fought the label of "Monopoly" twice in the Supreme Court...........and they won both times. I find it interesting that the Supreme Court concluded the NFL was not a Monopoly............rather, they concluded that the NFL was a "Cartel."

Boy, I could really make hay with that...........but I've got to hold off at this time because I'm laughing too hard to type.

Last edited:
ANNNNNDDDDD IT’S GONE…. What happened to the NFL.com Ross Article?
Matthew F. Tympanick

Then a few days ago an article appeared on the nfl.com website with an accompanying tweet about a potential witness to corroborate the claim by Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach, Brian Flores that owner Stephen Ross offered him $100,000 for every loss during the 2019 season.

The obvious thinking regarding losing on purpose commonly known as “tanking” is that you ensure that you get a very, very high pick preferably the number #1 overall pick to put yourself in position to acquire a franchise QB. The star QB of the 2020 NFL draft was in fact Cincinnati Bengals QB, Joe Burrow who was a prime target for a trade in the draft. The Miami Dolphins held several First Round Picks including the #5 overall in the 2020 draft but were unable to convince the Bengals to part with the rights to draft Joe Burrow (a very wise decision indeed). Flash forward to today and Joe Burrow aka “Joey Brrrr” is facing off against fellow SEC QB, Matthew Stafford in Super Bowl XLVI next Sunday at Sofi Stadium in Los Angeles while Dolphins starting QB, Tua Tagovailoa is probably off not learning his playbook somewhere. The article then disappeared. However, that begs the question, why would an article with a potential witness simply “disappear”? Well, that article could have been the smoking gun in a potential criminal case against Stephen Ross for Bribery in Athletic Contests.

file.jpg
1caf1e_e8724826d4b94f2f81819c77cdcf7880~mv2.webp

When prosecutors are deciding whether to file charges against a defendant, they always look to see what corroborating evidence they have because the standard of “beyond a reasonable doubt” is an incredibly high bar to achieve. The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office would need more than Brian Flores saying Stephen Ross offered me $100,000 per loss during the 2019 season. That is because a prosecutor is not going to want to go to trial on just those facts because Mr. Ross would be facing a dream team of lawyers in a potential criminal trial. It would be a 5-10 minute Not Guilty. However, a potential corroborating witness is a horse of a different color. In any criminal case, if you have an independent witness who doesn’t have a dog in the fight, their testimony is exceptionally compelling to a jury.

A jury listens to that witness with their full attention because what motive do they have to lie? A great prosecutor then digs deeper and finds out that this potential witness is one of several potential witnesses or even that physical evidence exists. I personally do not think Mr. Ross would be careless enough to make that offer via email or in writing. As seen above, this charge is a third-degree felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison. However, the offense is a level one offense (Florida follows sentencing guidelines and as such any potential conviction would not result in prison). A conviction could absolutely lead to an adjudication or even jail time. However, how likely would that be? Without the corroborating witness, the likelihood of a conviction is close to zero. Under the statute, an individual need only to promise payment to somebody in a position to control the outcome of the game. A coach can absolutely control the outcome of the game.

Additionally, Brian Flores allegedly rejected the offer and did nothing to intentionally lose games. However, with an independent corroborating witness, the potential for conviction jumps to roughly 60%+ because the prosecutor will explain why Stephen Ross wanted Brian Flores to tank; he wanted Joe Burrow. If Joe Burrow wins the Super Bowl, everybody in the country will know his name and those who watched the Super Bowl will understand EXACTLY why Stephen Ross allegedly offered Brian Flores what he did. If he lost, all 16 games, Flores would have collected $1.6 million. That is peanuts compared to money Ross would make on Joe Burrow jerseys, season tickets, marketing opportunities etc. Stephen Ross would make it back 1000x if Flores accepted.

There was another report that Stephen Ross tried to facilitate an impromptu meeting between Flores and pending Free Agent Quarterback, Tom Brady when their yachts just happened to be near each other. The corroborating witness article got taken down because my educated guess is that attorneys for Stephen Ross’ made NFL.com take it down. If a prospective prosecutor saw that article, you better bet some prosecutor would have asked law enforcement to investigate. Motive is not required to be proven in a Florida criminal case. However, the jury can connect the dots that Mr. Ross wanted to acquire a true franchise Quarterback by any means necessary. Hopefully, the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office opens an investigation; because after seeing what happened with Washington, we know the NFL doesn’t truly conduct independent investigations.

He needs to cleanup his legal issues before anybody even begins to discuss the possibilities of a trade happening.

That may begin with clearing the table of civil cases through settlements. That’s what Miami wanted when they were in pursuit of Watson before the trade deadline. Hardin, Watson, Mulugheta may have to up their settlement amounts if Watson wants to take the first step in getting out of Houston. As for doing this….this would be perceived as him admitting guilt but his team could quickly spin this by saying Watson is still looking forward to his day in court and only settled as a way to get back on the football field.

If the settlements are completed…..Watson will still face his day in court. This could make the rest of Watson’s legal situation more manageable in the eyes of GM’s who covet his service.

That may begin with clearing the table of civil cases through settlements. That’s what Miami wanted when they were in pursuit of Watson before the trade deadline. Hardin, Watson, Mulugheta may have to up their settlement amounts if Watson wants to take the first step in getting out of Houston. As for doing this….this would be perceived as him admitting guilt but his team could quickly spin this by saying Watson is still looking forward to his day in court and only settled as a way to get back on the football field.

If the settlements are completed…..Watson will still face his day in court. This could make the rest of Watson’s legal situation more manageable in the eyes of GM’s who covet his service.
One of the original complainants filed an amended lawsuit at this beginning of this month. No settlements are coming it’s better for them anyway to take it to trial where they would likely be awarded much more than Watson is going to offer

One of the original complainants filed an amended lawsuit at this beginning of this month. No settlements are coming it’s better for them anyway to take it to trial where they would likely be awarded much more than Watson is going to offer

Only 10 of the 22 Buzzbee clients filed criminal charges. That leaves 12 clients who might be more interested in an immediate payout versus waiting for this legal situation to play out in court. From what I remember, only 2 women filed criminal charges right out of the gate versus going for a behind closed doors settlement. Buzzbee got 8 of his civil case clients to file criminal charges later once it appeared Hardin and Watson had no desire to pay out settlements early on. That may put this group in play…once other clients accept a settlement…since their original desires were to get a settlement without going to court.

Back