Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Breaking News: Vick Indicted

Funny, I haven't seen a lot about the Schuab trade yet.

Interesting reading though. Y'all should check it out.

I just figured out why and you would not believe it.

THEIR FREAKING MODS ARE CENSORING ALL SCHAUB CONTENT!!!....... This isn't a Joke.

I had a couple of comments in a Schuab thread (absolutely no inflamatory comments whatsoever, honest, I behaved. :redface: , believe it or not I kinda feel sorry for their fans. anyways everybody was civil so there was absolutely no reason to delete the thread) and then all of a sudden the thread was gone. Their "Vick is God" Mods are white washing the whole damn thing over there.

Vick can absolutely do no wrong in those peoples eyes.......... It is actually kinda sad. Do you know they actually have a thread over there thats praising Michael Vick for killing dogs....... why, because the Pittbull breed is a bad breed and Michael Vick is doing us all a service by destroying the breed. Those freaking tards don't even realize people like MICHEAL VICK, CREATED the bad Pitts.

Before Pitt Bulls, became mainstream "Gansta/fighting dogs", Pittbulls were known as loyal pets that also served this country greatly during war. The most recognized dog in the US Military is a Pitt Bull. Even Patton always had his trusted Bully next to him.......... Bet rest assure folks Mike Vick is doing all he can to eradicate us of these beast. :rolleyes:

Too bad for the Falcons, I like 'em, but they should have seen this coming.

The only winners in this whole mess are Culpepper and Arthur Blank, the Falcons Owner...

Culpepper- He is in the driver's seat as far as naming his price to play for the Falcons. Joey Harrington has already shown that he can't make it in the NFL as a starter. Harrington is going to be ticked that he will be backing up Culpepper AGAIN.

Blank- He was just given grounds to void that insane contract he gave to Vick.

Remember that phrase, "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" ?

I'm a dog-lover though, so anyone found guilty of hanging, electrocuting, or bodyslaming a dog (or any pet for that matter) to death - in my opinion - should cower in a jail cell for a long time.

That phrase has relevance when it comes to a sentence in the Federal Pen... but it has ZERO relevance when it comes to Roger Goodell suspending him for a year even before the trial.

Gambling was involved in the "alleged" crime. CBA allows the Commisioner to suspend a player prior to trial in that instance, because of the intregity of the game...

I'm a dog-lover though, so anyone found guilty of hanging, electrocuting, or bodyslaming a dog (or any pet for that matter) to death - in my opinion - should cower in a jail cell for a long time.

Yeah I believe in the phrase "innocent till proven guilty", However I don't believe a guy owned a damn house that he made regular visits to and mysteriously..... 55 DOGS WERE HIDDEN, along with rape stands, blood stained pits, and freshly dug graves, or the fact that he had no clue what the hell was going on.

Vick either knew what the hell was going on or he was "Corky" masquerading around as a NFL quarterback. A house is a man's domain, I like to believe a man knows what the hell is going on in his house, especially a house thats not that far from where he lives.

There is also a difference between a man pleading his innocence and a man basically saying...... "prove it". Mike Vick is basically saying...... "prove it", while he's lawyered up and hiding behind them.....

Michael Vick was indicted on dog fighting charges.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/10259637

I know it's "only and indictment" and no guilt has been proven but I can't imagine how the falcons fans must be feeling right now. I wonder how Matt Schaub is feeling. I wonder if at this moment he's glad to be here or if he wishes he were still in Atlanta since it's looking like he'd could have been starting for either team.

p.s. animal cruelty is horrible. whether Vick was involved or not, anyone who takes part in that sh#t should be dealt with accordingly.

One more reason I feel proud to be a Texans fan. It seems like a locker room full of pretty classy guys.

I wonder how Matt Schaub is feeling. I wonder if at this moment he's glad to be here or if he wishes he were still in Atlanta since it's looking like he'd could have been starting for either team.

I think Schaub has to be glad he's far away from what promises to be a circus. Arthur Blank, Rich McKay, and Bobby Petrino are the guys with regrets.

This sub-human scum should never see an NFL field again. I won't be happy with anything less than a lifetime ban. And he can take all his dog fighting low life knuckle dragger friends in the NFL and NBA with him.

I concur (if he really did do this). I also hope is he does continue his career that at some point when he can longer perform that someone does the same thing to him and his worthless low life dirtbag crew.

Sorry if this is a repeat because I haven't read three pages but the thing that bothers me most, besides dog fighting and the tools they used being disgustingly horrible, is that someone can be so stupid to have this going on while they make so much money. I heard this on the radio this morning and it is so true..if you had a 100 mil contract, you'd make every effort to stay out of trouble..cabs and drivers to clubs to avoid DWI, staying away from trouble. They are saying this ring started in 2001...when Vick signed in the league. Even if he wasn't representing the dogs, if he had any knowledge and stood by, it just makes him juyst as culpable and dumb as his brother when it comes to legal issues. I hope the guy is out of the league for a bit.

Daunte Culpepper, your prayers are answered..here is your money!!

Even "IF" Vick had no idea what was going on(though I can't believe that for a second), he is the owner of the property and he should be held responsible for the ongoings there just like everybody else.

I'm sure the Falcons fans would gladly give back those two second-rounders for Matt. They are probably also rightfully sweating bullets over the possibility of Culpepper/Harrington, which did such a wonderful job last year in Miami. I wonder if they would be willing to trade those second rounders back for our newest QB, El Z?

Hopefully the Falcons don't wait for the commissioner on this one. The team is built around Vick, and Vick is in complete freefall. The front office needs to act soon and decisively, whether that is making Harrington the #1 QB or bringing in a new guy.

he won't be suspended, and won't see a second of jailtime. Sorry for the crowd lusting for blood.

Come on....surely you jest???

If "Ookie" isn't suspended, then every other NFL team with a player on suspension for bad conduct will be screaming bloody murder at Goodell...

Listening to the feed on Atlanta's 680 AM "The Fan" this morning leads me to believe that Vick will be suspended by the team, if not given his outright release, as soon as Falcons Owner Arthur Blank returns today from Africa.

he won't be suspended, and won't see a second of jailtime. Sorry for the crowd lusting for blood.

If it ends up going to court more than likely it wouldn't be heard until next year anyways. That said, I'd have to agree with you.

BUT..unlike you, I want him out of the league. He is and always will be a scumbag. Why you have so much manlove for him is a mystery.

This has the feel of "Carr will be here next year." :)

BTW, the Feds don't indict without reason. In fact they convict 95% of those indicted because they only go into these things with enough evidence to do the job.

im offering an opinion, got no reason to think one way or another, except that he's freaking mike vick. You think that ray lewis can kill people and play, but vick is going away for killing dogs? i think not. leonard little anybody? Vick is not going to get anything more than a fine.

im offering an opinion, got no reason to think one way or another, except that he's freaking mike vick. You think that ray lewis can kill people and play, but vick is going away for killing dogs? i think not. leonard little anybody? Vick is not going to get anything more than a fine.

With a new commisioner who is taking action cleaning up the league's image, I can't see how he won't be suspended.

Those were years ago. Goodall has suspended two guys already before convictions for doing less. What makes you think he will be laid back about a dog fighting ring that spanned multiple states and is a federal crime?

haha you cant be serious? it doesn't matter who you are to the Feds. This isn't Miami Vice or New Jack City. This is real life. 95% conviction rate.

its GAME OVER for Vick and his only hope is that he gets to play a few games and get a few more gamechecks before the whole outhouse goes up in flames.

Personally because of his lying to the commish and for him being involved in illegal gambling, I think Goodell needs to go ahead and suspend the guy so that the Falcons don't have to do it themselves. The evil and inhumane activities he is unquestionably involved in are just off the chart. Vick and Co. are already playing the race card so I have no pity on them at all. Do the crime: Do the time.

yup Blank wants the NFL to do it so it doesnt alienate the Vick homers errr supporters within his fanbase. some people are so deluded they think that this is all because Vick is a black QB. Blank would be well served to not feed that troll.

Atlanta already has a large "season ticket waiting list"... if a bunch of Vick supporters bail, there is a reserve to make up the difference.

Good it's about time a famous person gets indited I'm so sick of stars with money and there problems when people have there own

You would think that Culpepper would look at Atlanta now but remember what Harrington did last year so I doubt the Falcons will consider him unless he agrees to cut his salary from last year in thirds. They also our second round pick next year so look for them to be dealing with teams with at least a decent QB.

Jacksonville?

Ok, so Vick has been indicted, but what does that actually mean? He wasnt charged(as of yet), so what does this mean from a legal aspect and a nfl standpoint?

Well I'm not a laywer. But there is an old saying around the court house, " you can get an indictment agaisnt a ham sandwich. " It means although they have compeling evedence to convince a grand jury to return an indictment, he is a ways away from a prision cell. The Key term in the nineteen pages is "conspiracy". If they can prove the conspiracy, and as someone above has posted, the trailer trash kin has indeed rolled over on him, in his trail, he's done. They got two eye wittnesses the only thing more damning would be video tape. Goodel isn't going to do anything untill the case gets ajudicated. He isn't stupid. And neither is Arthur Blank. You don't get to own NFL franchises or become commisioners of the NFL if you're stupid. There' a 100 mill (?) or so on a 120 million contract out there floating around. Neither is going to give Vick, if not guilty, a way to recoop this money. And if you believe anything belive this, neither of these guys will jump the shark and say their playing with dolphins. It's going to take a while and despite the temptation to hammer Vick ala Packman Jones, (Goodel) and (Blank), to get out from the QB who misses his recievers fifty percent of the time, both will let this thing play out. There will be tremendous presure on Goodel to treat Vick the same as Packman. The fact is this is Vick's first offense and nothing has been proven.

But if they got two who have rolled on him...and I jump to that conclusion because of the two different judges signing off on two different search warrants, they got him. Vick has to prove he owned the house and didn't know. That didn't work in WWII at the Neurinburg trail and it doesn't work in the twenty first centery court house. The only thing the Sargent Shultz "I knew nothing " defense will get you is a jail cell. The assitant attorney general for the south easteren district of Virgina must prove he not only knew, he propgated the criminal enterprise. I would like to offer some more on this subject. But the last time I tried, ala Maurice Clairrett, I got hit with the "R" card by lucky. So, suffice to say, it may take a village, but if your village has no moral foundation, the only thing you're going to produce is rats.

I don't know if Micheal Vick is a rat or not. What I do know is that he raced to plop down money from his first contract to creat Bad Newz Kennels. It might of been his thought that keeping his trailer trash kin buzy was worth the cost. And now, if innocent, he is just caught up in a very bad decidsion. Or, he is the degenerate human being some are supposing. Asst. AG of Virginia has litteraly put his life and career on the line with this case. I don't think he did that lightly. From my tree it looks as though we're not dealing with a lacross team run a'muck at a party on this one. They got enough for two warrants and an indictment. But just like the O.J. trial, this thing is going to play, sadly to say, right down racial lines. The gun is smoking but it hasn't hit the mark yet. It may take the bullet a year or more to find it's mark. Blank might just be smilling on this morning. He just might get a shot at Darrin McFaddin if this thing plays out right.

Charles Barkley caught a lot of flack for his "I"m not a role model" Nike commercial. I think this case will vindicat the chuckster once and for all. He was correct then. And that sentiment is correct today. The truth dosen't fade away. It always comes around and gets in your face again.

haha you cant be serious? it doesn't matter who you are to the Feds. This isn't Miami Vice or New Jack City. This is real life. 95% conviction rate.

its GAME OVER for Vick and his only hope is that he gets to play a few games and get a few more gamechecks before the whole outhouse goes up in flames.

Personally because of his lying to the commish and for him being involved in illegal gambling, I think Goodell needs to go ahead and suspend the guy so that the Falcons don't have to do it themselves. The evil and inhumane activities he is unquestionably involved in are just off the chart. Vick and Co. are already playing the race card so I have no pity on them at all. Do the crime: Do the time.

innocent. until. proven. guilty. come back to me with a conviction.

Well I'm not a laywer. But there is an old saying around the court house, " you can get an indictment agaisnt a ham sandwich. " It means although they have compeling evedence to convince a grand jury to return an indictment, he is a ways away from a prision cell. The Key term in the nineteen pages is "conspiracy". If they can prove, and as someone above has posted in his trail the trash kin has rolled over on him, he's done. They got two eye wittnesses the only thing more damning would be video tape. Goodel isn't going to do anything untill the case gets ajudicated. He isn't stupid. And nether is Arthur Blank. You don't get to own NFL franchises or become commisioners of the NFL if you're stupid. There' a 100 mill or so on a 120 million contract out there flaoting around. Neither is going to give Vick, if guilty, a way to recoop this money. And if you believe anything belive this, neither of these guys will jump the shark and say their playing with dolphins. It's going to take a while and despite the temptation to hammer Vick ala Packman Jones, Goodel and Blank, to get out from the QB who msses his recievers fifty percent of the time, both will let this thing play out. There will be tremendous presure on Goodel to treat Vick the same as Packman. The fact is this is Vick's first offense and nothing has been proven.

But if they got two who have rolled on him...and I jump to that conclusion becuse of the two different judges signing off on two different search warrants, they got him. Vick has to prove he owned the house and didn't know. The assitant attorney general for the south easteren district of Virgina must prove he not only knew, he propgated the criminal enterprise. I would like to offer some more on this subject. But the last time I tried, Maurice Calrrett, I got hit with the "R" card by lucky. So to suffice to say, it may take a village, but if your village has no moral fandation, the only thing you're going to produce is rats.

I don't know if Micheal Vick is a rat or not. What I do know is that he raced to plop down money from his first contract to creat Bad Newz Kennels. It might of been his thought that keeping his trail trash kin buzy was worth the cost. Or, he is the degenerate human being some are supposing. Asst. AJ of Virginia has litteraly put his life and carrer on the line with this case. I don't think he did that lightly. From my tree it looks as though we're not dealing with a lacross team run a'muck at a party on this one. They got enough for two warrants and an indictment. The gun is smoking but it hasn't hit the mark yet. It may take the bullet a year a more to find it's mark. Blank might just be smilling on this morning. He just might get a shot at Darrin McFaddin if this thing plays out right.

Federal indictments are a little different than regular indictments you might see at the County Courthouse. The Feds don't take the case to the GJ unless they feel they can win. That is why the win 95% of their cases. Richmond is particularly harsh when it comes to these things. They have multiple witnesses against him and I'm sure other defendants will roll. Read this article that just came out. I've been saying this all along but the Feds don''t screw around. People thinking this is just a way to get a celeb, etc don't know about the Feds and how they go about business.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940312

he is entitled to a trial by jury, correct? all it takes is one vick fan. Speaking as one, I wouldn't convict him. If there is one of me on the jury, he walks. Celebrity has its perks.

You would think that Culpepper would look at Atlanta now but remember what Harrington did last year so I doubt the Falcons will consider him unless he agrees to cut his salary from last year in thirds. They also our second round pick next year so look for them to be dealing with teams with at least a decent QB.

Jacksonville?

I wouldn't be surpised to hear Mark Brunell's name in the next few weeks with Jason Campbell pretty much taking over in Washington. I think Culpepper has his money i think he just wants a shot somewhere to prove both Minny and Miami lost out.

I don't think Atl will be targetting McFadden....Petrino will be looking for Brohm.

Far as Vick goes....I'll see how things pan out in the next few weeks before i makea solid judgement on the matter. I will say that things don't look too good for Vick and that this IS his career period. If charges do get leveled there's no rehabing his career in the NFL barring a miracle, even if he walks on the charges.

Many Falcons fans turned on Ron a while back. Thats what cause such a ruckus up there when they dealt Schaub here. Many fans go to watch Vick.................to go up in flames. Which I think they just witnessed.

he is entitled to a trial by jury, correct? all it takes is one vick fan. Speaking as one, I wouldn't convict him. If there is one of me on the jury, he walks. Celebrity has its perks.

Read the ESPN article. This is alot more severe than people are giving it credit for. You don't think co-defendants and the witnesses haven't already given them enough. He wouldn't walk with one dissenter. There would be a mistrial after a certain amount of time. They would then try and decide whether to retry it since double jeopardy had not attached. Overall, there would probably be a deal reached before this instead of losing all his money on attorneys. He is in serious trouble. This isn't bong residue at the airport.

Let me understand correctly.... As a juror, you would vote this person to be innocent, irrespective of the facts of the case, just because you are a fan? -or- was that intended tongue in cheek?

haha you think a federal prosecutor would let a Vick fan on the jury? anyways, Vick fans are few and far between right about now. not everyone is as vapid and shallow as you. most people know right from wrong and don't let an ability to run fast with a football cloud their judgement in a courtroom setting.

Do you actually read the stuff you post first, or do you just like to throw a bunch of crap onto the wall and see what sticks? :devilpig:

So basically you are saying you would committ a felony to let a guilty person walk because you like there celeberty status?

Congratz to you for admitting you are a criminal that just has not had the oppertunity to committ a crime yet. What respect I had for you just went out the window.

Seriously, I think you should just stop and leave this thread alone.

:shocked

:gun:

I wouldn't be surpised to hear Mark Brunell's name in the next few weeks with Jason Campbell pretty much taking over in Washington. I think Culpepper has his money i think he just wants a shot somewhere to prove both Minny and Miami lost out.

I don't think Atl will be targetting McFadden....Petrino will be looking for Brohm.

Far as Vick goes....I'll see how things pan out in the next few weeks before i makea solid judgement on the matter. I will say that things don't look too good for Vick and that this IS his career period. If charges do get leveled there's no rehabing his career in the NFL barring a miracle, even if he walks on the charges.

no doubt about it. cutting Vick may make it that much easier to have an opportunity to draft Brohm anyway....

So according to the ESPN story posted above:

The government indictment discloses four witnesses who already have agreed to testify against him. If all three of his co-defendants join these four witnesses against Vick, he and his lawyers might suggest that he, too, should talk to the government about a deal that would minimize his time in jail.

According to the indictment, Vick was in the middle of everything from beginning to end. He purchased a vacant piece of property for $34,000, the indictment says. He then had sheds built for training dogs and staging fights and a fence erected to shield the operation from view. And finally, the indictment says, he had a two-story frame house with a basketball court put up as a residence for the people taking care of the dogs. If you believe the indictment, the Vick property had everything anyone could want in a dogfighting operation.

I'm starting to think that the fed's have built up a rock solid case, and that Vick will be lucky to get off with just an NFL suspension, even if it is a life-time ban.

Only someone as disgusting as Mike Vick would allow him to walk away knowing full well that he at very least was associated with dog fighting.

Back