Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

bah007 Updated Position Rankings - Offense

I'm interested in you guys' take on Samaje Perine. Is he low on draft boards because he's a banger/doesn't have the burst to be the lead back? I didn't watch him play, but his highlight film has me scratching my head as to why he wouldn't be projected higher than where most sites have him going. From what I've seen -- I would love to be able to get this guy.

I'm interested in you guys' take on Samaje Perine. Is he low on draft boards because he's a banger/doesn't have the burst to be the lead back? I didn't watch him play, but his highlight film has me scratching my head as to why he wouldn't be projected higher than where most sites have him going. From what I've seen -- I would love to be able to get this guy.

Yeah he's a bigger back and ran a 4.65 at the Combine so his stock is lukewarm while other bigger backs like Fournette and Foreman ran sub-4.50. He's also dealt with a lot of injuries over the years.

I really like Perine. I think he'd be a great complementary bruiser. Injury worries push him down the board for me though. Probably 4th or 5th round.

Reactions: Max
Yeah he's a bigger back and ran a 4.65 at the Combine so his stock is lukewarm while other bigger backs like Fournette and Foreman ran sub-4.50. He's also dealt with a lot of injuries over the years.

I really like Perine. I think he'd be a great complementary bruiser. Injury worries push him down the board for me though. Probably 4th or 5th round.
I see the injury history and don't know what to think now. If he can stay healthy, a guy like this would seem to me to be the biggest potential positive change to our offense sans a solid vet qb pick up. I'd take a flyer on him in the 4th in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Perine sounds like the type of back we need to compliment our speedy backs; a thumper. Hell if it means Blue is gone, I'm all for it too!

Reactions: Max
Back