Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

BADBOY college players to watch 2023 draft

If the Texans are in the 1 slot for the 2023 NFL Draft, then 3 players immediately come to mind;

LB- Will Anderson Jr (Alabama)
QB- CJ Stroud (Ohio State)
QB- Bryce Young (Alabama)

Any one of these players would give the Texans a handsome return in a trade.

If the Texans are in the 1 slot for the 2023 NFL Draft, then 3 players immediately come to mind;

LB- Will Anderson Jr (Alabama)
QB- CJ Stroud (Ohio State)
QB- Bryce Young (Alabama)

Any one of these players would give the Texans a handsome return in a trade.
Yep but for me for NOW, I have Young at 1 and Anderson 8 via Cleveland to Texans.

I would not choose Shroud due to his agent but that probably assures him being drafted by houston.

RB's to watch this season.....and hopefully draft in 2023:

A. Tank Bigsby (Auburn / 6-0 @ 213 lbs)

1. vs- Mercer: 16 CAR / 147 YDS / 9.2 AVG / 2 TD // 1 REC / 2 YDS / 2.0 AVG / 0 TD

B. Zach Charbonnet (UCLA / 6-1 @ 220 lbs)

1. vs- Bowling Green: 21 CAR / 111 YDS / 5.3 AVG / 1 TD // 5 REC / 36 YDS / 7.2 AVG / 0 TD

What are your thoughts on Bijan Robinson, 6.0 220 lbs; 10 Car, 71 Yds, 7.1 AVG, 1 TD // 3 REC, 40 YDS, 13.3 AVG, 1 TD. Any chance he goes lower than expected because he is on the Longhorns who lately have not been seen as producing NFL talent? Seems like a solid kid as well which would be in the Texans wheelhouse. I am going to be watching for Tight Ends, our lack of talent there is startling and seems on paper some good ones are coming out (Mayer at ND seems to top the list for what we need)

What are your thoughts on Bijan Robinson, 6.0 220 lbs; 10 Car, 71 Yds, 7.1 AVG, 1 TD // 3 REC, 40 YDS, 13.3 AVG, 1 TD. Any chance he goes lower than expected because he is on the Longhorns who lately have not been seen as producing NFL talent? Seems like a solid kid as well which would be in the Texans wheelhouse. I am going to be watching for Tight Ends, our lack of talent there is startling and seems on paper some good ones are coming out (Mayer at ND seems to top the list for what we need)

Robinson may be a bit rich for the Texans blood since he may be a RD1 or early RD2 prospect. If he slips into the Bigsby or Charbonnet range of RD3…..then I’d put him into the mix. Personally, I’m really watching “The Auburn Tank” as a perfect compliment to Pierce.

As for Mayer (ND), he also may be a bit rich in relation to his projected RD I’d 1 or 2. As for some interesting TE’s who could be on the board in RD4 or RD5:

1. Darnell Washington (Georgia / 6-7 @ 265 lbs) is big guy who can handle the blocking responsibilities of a TE, but possesses enough power to get open and make it hard for defenses to get him down. Blocker who can get the tough yards.

2. Benjamin Yurosek (Stanford / 6-5 @ 235 lbs ) is a solid receiver who possesses excellent route running. He’s also familiar with Mills and understands Pep’s offense already which should allow him to step in as an immediate contributor. He’s a willing blocker while being a shifty pass catcher.

Last edited:
2 QBs that I think are gone in the top 10 playing tonight.
Will Levis VS Anthony Richardson.
From a Texans draft point of view I certainly hope not. I am hoping for at least one trade down if not more and I want no more than two quarterbacks rated High Enough for trade up.

After watching Britt in the first game of the season……Texans have to make Center an absolute priority in the 2023 NFL Draft.

I don’t care much for the current projections for the draft class in 2023 b/c there’s not a single doubt in my mind the Texans should have OC- Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas at the top of their list. Arkansas is running the ball with authority and scoring on short yardage opportunities. Stromberg possesses a nasty demeanor that makes him destroy those in his path. Texans need this mentality in the worst way.

After watching Britt in the first game of the season……Texans have to make Center an absolute priority in the 2023 NFL Draft.

I don’t care much for the current projections for the draft class in 2023 b/c there’s not a single doubt in my mind the Texans should have OC- Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas at the top of their list. Arkansas is running the ball with authority and scoring on short yardage opportunities. Stromberg possesses a nasty demeanor that makes him destroy those in his path. Texans need this mentality in the worst way.
I realize you really like Stromberg but for me he needs to clean up a lot of the weaknesses mentioned in the link. If he can do that this season I am more interested in him.

If Notre Dame's new head coach does not end the experiment of playing Zeke Corral at Center trying to resurrect his college career and replace him with very good Center Jarrett Patterson this going to be a bad season.

Patterson play the preseason at left guard and after missing game one due to injury he started there again Saturday. He had a bad game and should be allowed to return to his Center position next game.

Patterson may end up wishing he entered 2022 draft as I and others expected.

I realize you really like Stromberg but for me he needs to clean up a lot of the weaknesses mentioned in the link. If he can do that this season I am more interested in him.

Stromberg has a very good chance to elevate his position ranking to the top 1 or 2 entering the draft. 2 games in and the Razorbacks have 524 yards on the ground at a 5.1 yards per carry. Stromberg has played a big roll on that OL's success.

Stromberg has a very good chance to elevate his position ranking to the top 1 or 2 entering the draft. 2 games in and the Razorbacks have 524 yards on the ground at a 5.1 yards per carry. Stromberg has played a big roll on that OL's success.

Yep and I think article about his weaknesses is nitpicking. Stromberg is the leader of one of the best ol in college football. Plays with a nasty demeanor and his HC is one of the best at teaching ol play. You'and I have been beating the drum for Stromberg for a couple of years now.

Yep and I think article about his weaknesses is nitpicking. Stromberg is the leader of one of the best ol in college football. Plays with a nasty demeanor and his HC is one of the best at teaching ol play. You'and I have been beating the drum for Stromberg for a couple of years now.

Team has 6 Rushing TD’s as well…..not bad.

Last edited:
Stromberg has 6 rushing TD's? :mcnugget:

I dont know about 6 TD's, but I do know what happened to Britt on the 3rd & 1 or the Pierce run that was screenshot wouldn't have happened to Stromberg. Good thing about drafting Stromberg is he probably wont be drafted until the mid 2nd. He reminds me alot of Corey Lindsley. A true tough guy.

Reactions: JB
I watched about half of the Arkansas game and was impressed with #42 LB Drew Sanders. Was all over the field and made some nice hits. Transfer from Alabama. Have any of you guys followed him at all? Thoughts? Would like your opinion.nonstop motor.. reminded me of Rodrigo the lb for Detroit on hard knocks.. thanks for comments

I watched about half of the Arkansas game and was impressed with #42 LB Drew Sanders. Was all over the field and made some nice hits. Transfer from Alabama. Have any of you guys followed him at all? Thoughts? Would like your opinion.nonstop motor.. reminded me of Rodrigo the lb for Detroit on hard knocks.. thanks for comments

Texans need LB'ers so I'm game to start checking him out.

I stumbled across this ILB for Iowa. Jack Campbell is a 6-5 / 246 lbs wrap up tackling machine....analyst words. He has some sacks, INT's and pass breakups. He runs a 4.7-40 and this is what probably has some analyst concerned in regards to him covering TE's or RB's out of the backfield. I really like big and imposing LB'ers who like to blow folks up at the point of attack. I could hold out a lot of hope that he could be coached up in areas of weakness. Based on his stats.....he's not a statue. He must have game speed that's different than short and t-shirt speed. Definitely going to look and follow this guy a lot more b/c he has the physical gifts to be a nice addition to the defense.

Also

IMO, might do better as an upgrade for Hogs but wasn't working out for Tide.

I don't want him for Texans. He did a lot of "getting" but not much "getting to" the QB.

I stumbled across this ILB for Iowa. Jack Campbell is a 6-5 / 246 lbs wrap up tackling machine....analyst words. He has some sacks, INT's and pass breakups. He runs a 4.7-40 and this is what probably has some analyst concerned in regards to him covering TE's or RB's out of the backfield. I really like big and imposing LB'ers who like to blow folks up at the point of attack. I could hold out a lot of hope that he could be coached up in areas of weakness. Based on his stats.....he's not a statue. He must have game speed that's different than short and t-shirt speed. Definitely going to look and follow this guy a lot more b/c he has the physical gifts to be a nice addition to the defense.
Campbell is a tackling machine with 140 last year but only three tackles for a loss which is a concern. he had six defenses and one touchdown. And two games he's already got 21 tackles.

I rank him as round five but others will have him higher at least for now.

I'm watching the Michigan St and Washington game.. Washington's QB Michael Penix Jr looks damn good right now.. He and Ja'Lynn Polk are killing Michigan St right now.

In the first half he has 278 passing yards and 3tds. Anyone know anything about this kid?

I'm watching the Michigan St and Washington game.. Washington's QB Michael Penix Jr looks damn good right now.. He and Ja'Lynn Polk are killing Michigan St right now.

In the first half he has 278 passing yards and 3tds. Anyone know anything about this kid?
a 5-year Junior this year who will turn 23 the month after the draft. Great stats this year but like most QBs has not played anybody. The last game that you watched was his most significant opponent. If he continues he will definitely get Scouts attention. I did not take the time to look up the University of Washington's schedule which will play a huge part. He is definitely worth watching. He did have a severe injury last year iirc. 6'3 214.

Here is an article I found that might be of interest

Texans need LB'ers so I'm game to start checking him out.
I agree Texans do need LBs. I haven’t seen him play, but I’ve seen his name in a few articles I’ve read.

Isaiah Land Florida A&M
Draft prospect.
Isaiah Land racked up 25.5 tackles for loss, 147 yards in losses, 19 sacks and 121 sack yards in losses, which all led the FCS totals during the 2021 regular season

What WRs have caught your eye so far? We need someone to take over #1 when Cooks is gone.
Smith-Njigba and Boutte disappointing me so far as they should be eating up their opponents. Boutte may still be in a snit with his head coach. He pulled a Watson and took down all of his LSU stuff from his social media and there has been talk about him going into the portal. Quinton Johnson has not done what I hope he would either .

Jordan Addison on the other hand is making bank. I have him with our second pic if there is no trade down.

Also J. Cephus WR and Z. Franklin WR out of UTSA worth taking a look at. UTSA is having a good showing this season despite being 1-2. They put up good fights versus Texas and Houston. I won’t be surprised if a a few players are drafted from the team.

Smith-Njigba
Addison
Cedrick Tillman
Jonathan Mingo
Nathaniel Dell
Anias Smith
Kayshon Boutee
Quenton Johnson
Marvin Mims
Rahsee Rice
I like Anias Smith and Addison. Hopefully Smith-Njigba is just having a slow start. Rasher Rice is also and intriguing prospect.
A guy that I think could sneak up boards is Zay Flowers out of BC, he’s a decent blocker for his size and runs sharp routes. He could be a great slot.

Last edited:
I like Anias Smith and Addison. Hopefully Smith-Njigba is just having a slow start. Rasher Rice is also and intriguing prospect.
A guy that I think could sneak up boards is Zay Flowers out of BC, he’s a decent blocker for his size and runs sharp routes. He could be a great slot.

TCU’s Quentin Johnson is also having a slow start, but his measurable attributes physically (6-4 @ 215 lbs) are keeping him in RD1 discussions. His 40 projections are 4.32 to 4.40 and has enough strength to squat 575 lbs. He’s averaged 22.1 and 18.5 yards his first 2 seasons. Look forward to seeing how this season works out for him and TCU. Similar in stature to Randy Moss, but not quite as fast. He’s still developing with TCU and could return to TCU if his numbers aren’t quite as expected by season’s end.

I will start to check out Flowers more.

Imagine Smith - Njiga with Ania's Smith and Cooks/Metchie. Those are real weapons unlike what Mills is working with now. BTW Mills has regressed but next year is about building a team. Remember all of the bitchimg that went on whwn Luhnow rebuilt the Astros, I hope this is the stárt of the Caserio rebuild and I think the results will be similar after seeing Caserio's 1st full draft.

Back