Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Alliance of American Football (AAF)

Hopefully the XFL will do better.
Given the first time the XFL came out I don't have much faith they will do their names, uniforms and logos USFL and NFL worthy. As far as the right way to start the league I feel they "the XFL" should have decided to use the original starting point of the USFL as it was meant to be by founder David Dixon. David Dixon (businessman) - Wikipedia

The XFL league would not start out to take top NFL talent from the NFL but would be competitive and talented enough to have a ten year plan to eventually do what the USFL did from the start.

With the crowd sizes I've seen in some of these games, there is no way this league survives. They can't be making that much money off their cable and streaming rights to make up for no one buying tickets. I'll be real surprised if a few of the teams don't just fold up before the season ends.

With the crowd sizes I've seen in some of these games, there is no way this league survives. They can't be making that much money off their cable and streaming rights to make up for no one buying tickets. I'll be real surprised if a few of the teams don't just fold up before the season ends.

Some way, somehow the NFL will probably subsidize them. It is the NFLs version of a farm system.

:coffee:

San Antonio is 5-2 and leading their division. They lead the AAF in interceptions and defensive takeaways. If the Texans defense played as well in the NFL as does the Commanders defense in the AAF we'd be kicking ass. LOL

San Antonio is 5-2 and leading their division. They lead the AAF in interceptions and defensive takeaways. If the Texans defense played as well in the NFL as does the Commanders defense in the AAF we'd be kicking ass. LOL
...and if the Commanders' defense played NFL teams they'd be getting embarrassed
LoL
I watched that game yesterday. If not for that pick-two (that was weird to type) they might have lost that game.

...and if the Commanders' defense played NFL teams they'd be getting embarrassed
LoL
I watched that game yesterday. If not for that pick-two (that was weird to type) they might have lost that game.

Obviously any team in the AAF is a minor league team compared to the worst NFL team, that wasn't my point. For the AAF level of talent San Antonio is pretty good, Orlando is better. It's escapism football while the NFL sleeps in the off season. My subscription to FuboTV is to expensive to maintain year around, but for a few months a year I'll do it.

If the XFL ever gets off the ground, I'm not paying to watch BOTH leagues if it comes to that for streaming access.

I like the fact that the AAF has an obviously quicker pace and they even show commercials on side screen next to the football being played.

I doubt the AAF or XFL ever amount to anything more than minor leagues for the NFL. However I hold out hope the XFL's team names, Logos and uni's look NFL worthy as the USFL's once did and hold out hope that within five to ten years the XFL can compete for talent with the NFL.

I like the fact that the AAF has an obviously quicker pace and they even show commercials on side screen next to the football being played.

I doubt the AAF or XFL ever amount to anything more than minor leagues for the NFL. However I hold out hope the XFL's team names, Logos and uni's look NFL worthy as the USFL's once did and hold out hope that within five to ten years the XFL can compete for talent with the NFL.

The economy of sports can't support another NFL, and if another league tries to spend it's money on high priced players they will fail. The league itself has to become popular, sell tickets and get good TV contracts before they can realistically complete with the NFL. The AAF has the right idea, which is going into this with the idea they are a minor league with no aspirations of competing for NFL players.

That said, I hope the XFL actually does well and survives for no reason other than Houston has a team in it.

That said, I hope the XFL actually does well and survives for no reason other than Houston has a team in it.

I get the city part but I'd rather see the AAF succeed. XFL is different just to be different...carnival football. At least they appear to be different this time in not taking the NFL head on. Ought to pull a merger and get a real minor league going.

The economy of sports can't support another NFL, and if another league tries to spend it's money on high priced players they will fail. The league itself has to become popular, sell tickets and get good TV contracts before they can realistically complete with the NFL. The AAF has the right idea, which is going into this with the idea they are a minor league with no aspirations of competing for NFL players.

Hence the reason for years, since at least 1989, I've been saying a new league should compete with CFB. There are plenty of young athletes who only go to school to play football, gain NFL recognition and possibly becoming an NFL player via the only minor league system available.

Bottom line, an established league that would accept HS players who want to focus on football 24/7 could gain an audience a lot easier than a league featuring NFL cast-offs. The AAF and XFL could nice alternate leagues for those NFL cast-offs that still want to play football and for the fans who want their football fix during the off-season.

I could see this new league handling HS and college eligible athletes, that have not been drafted, a desirable league of up and coming future NFL players. Once a few of the high end HS recruits bypass CFB and join the new league, the word will be out among the HS athletes who want to solely focus on being a football player. The beauty of this, they're not competing with NFL money or contracts. These athletes would be required to play in this league for 3 seasons before becoming draft eligible or UFA who would be free to sign with any team of their choice. Let this happen for a couple of seasons and the NFL will be knocking on the door of their new minor league system. It would force the NFL's hands or watch certain teams get to hand pick the cream of the crop athletes from a source not affiliated with CFB or the NFL.

This is the way for a new league to make a name for itself.

Last edited:
Hence the reason for years, since at least 1989, I've been saying a new league should compete with CFB. There are plenty of young athletes who only go to school to play football, gain NFL recognition and possibly becoming an NFL player via the only minor league system available.

Bottom line, an established league that would accept HS players who want to focus on football 24/7 could gain an audience a lot easier than a league featuring NFL cast-offs. The AAF and XFL could nice alternate leagues for those NFL cast-offs that still want to play football and for the fans who want their football fix during the off-season.

I could see this new league handling HS and college eligible athletes, that have not been drafted, a desirable league of up and coming future NFL players. Once a few of the high end HS recruits bypass CFB and join the new league, the word will be out among the HS athletes who want to solely focus on being a football player. The beauty of this, they're not competing with NFL money or contracts. These athletes would be required to play in this league for 3 seasons before becoming draft eligible or UFA who would be free to sign with any team of their choice. Let this happen for a couple of seasons and the NFL will be knocking on the door of their new minor league system. It would force the NFL's hands or watch certain teams get to hand pick the cream of the crop athletes from a source not affiliated with CFB or the NFL.

This is the way for a new league to make a name for itself.

You would have to have an age limit for this league. I don't think you want young 18 and 19 year olds playing football in the same league as folks in their mid to late 20s. Some guy with a bit of experience in the NFL but couldn't make it there would still probably destroy a 18 year old fresh out of high school.

Good idea, not sure if there's a market for something like that though.

The economy of sports can't support another NFL
You are most likely right. I hold out hope that you are wrong and simply starting slowly can see substantial growth for either league to succeed battling for top talent Most likely that won't happen.

People are already discussing how dead the bleachers look for the AAF games. Playing in huge stadiums can make a solid crowd look insignificant when the crowds are actually respectable. It is a shame the AAF and/or XFL could not work out a deal with the US pro soccer leagues to use their stadiums.

You would have to have an age limit for this league. I don't think you want young 18 and 19 year olds playing football in the same league as folks in their mid to late 20s. Some guy with a bit of experience in the NFL but couldn't make it there would still probably destroy a 18 year old fresh out of high school.

Good idea, not sure if there's a market for something like that though.

That's why I mentioned the league would be for HS athletes and/or college athletes who haven't played pro ball. The AAF and XFL can utilize the the players not on NFL rosters but were under an NFL contract at some point or another.

At the moment, HS athletes are playing with and against 4 and 5 year college athletes.....so I don't see how this becomes a problem with my league proposal.

CFB has never been challenged......they've enjoyed a no-competition monopoly on all HS football talent and have enjoyed a boat load of money at the expense of those athletes. Time for someone to bring in a new league that competes directly with CFB. Done right, it will be extremely successful.

I get the city part but I'd rather see the AAF succeed. XFL is different just to be different...carnival football. At least they appear to be different this time in not taking the NFL head on. Ought to pull a merger and get a real minor league going.

That was the first XFL go around.. This time they already said they are going to play more traditional NFL style football. Seeing how they have been much more patient and are doing their due diligence before launching their product (you don't start a new business model without being prepared to absorb losses while you grow your consumer base.) they are already showing more competence than what was the A.A.F. which now it's becoming pretty apparent that they were ran by unprepared morons on the business side of things.

Last edited:
Subpar talent and unfamiliarity.

This was doomed from day one.

And so will be the next one.

The same can be said about every minor league in sports.. yet they exist. A league can be successful is structured correctly, but if the entire league's sustainability is structured around NFL subsidies, then it might be a good idea to have those deals in place, before you open up shop.

The same can be said about every minor league in sports.. yet they exist. A league can be successful is structured correctly, but if the entire league's sustainability is structured around NFL subsidies, then it might be a good idea to have those deals in place, before you open up shop.

There's familiarity in minor league sports.

If there are no stakes (talent, titles, rivalries, familiarity) people won't care past the initial rubbernecking.

Most minor league sports are affiliated with a pro sports team. Sure, those players are of a lesser talent and most will never see the pros, but those that are better and will advance, do draw interest from fans. They also play in 3,000 - 7,000 seat parks and not 65,000 seat monstrosities like the AAF is was.

Even college football, though it's big on it's own, has that draw. There's interest in the top players who are going to the next level. The AAF had none of that going. A bunch of guys who aren't very good with no affiliation with the big boys for a chance to move up. It was just a flawed plan from the get go in just that aspect of it.

I think the XFL will play out the same way. If they don't have the talent, and/or there's no chance for players to advance, I don't see them drawing much interest. They'll likely last a little longer because they have more money and better marketing, but people won't watch lesser talent that has nowhere to go.

If the NFL got behind a developmental league, you wouldn't need it to draw 65,000 at games. You could put it in smaller cities without pro teams, play it in soccer or high school stadiums, and it would eventually gain a local following with the staying power of the NFL behind it, just like all other minor leagues do.

I came up with an 8 team concept several years ago where each NFL division would have a minor league team represent it made up from the 54-90 guys who get cut every Fall. Each team in the AFC South, for example, keeps club control of 15 players from those 54-90 guys they cut. So the Springfield, Missouri team would have a roster of 60 players, 15 from each of the 4 AFC South teams. The same for Birmingham and the NFC South, and so on.

That's where this needs to go. Just having another football league for the sake of having one isn't going to work. No one's going around trying to start up another professional baseball league, hockey, basketball. It won't work unless you take top talent like the AFL did back in the day.

I actually feel kind of bad for San Antonio, they're always getting these secondary league teams, and generally supporting the teams, only to watch all of them fail. The Commanders actually had people in the seats for their home games.

To bad. Next year we get the drama of the XFL and Houston has a team. We should lay bets now on how long it lasts. I'll bet they have at least one full season before they go tits up.

I actually feel kind of bad for San Antonio, they're always getting these secondary league teams, and generally supporting the teams, only to watch all of them fail. The Commanders actually had people in the seats for their home games.

To bad. Next year we get the drama of the XFL and Houston has a team. We should lay bets now on how long it lasts. I'll bet they have at least one full season before they go tits up.

Somebody should start an all Texas pro league, in Texas cities only

USFL, AAF, XFL,WLAF, NFL Eurpoe

The NFL is the only league that will ever survive.

You would think people would have figured this out by now.

Right. People keep clamoring that we can't get enough football, when really all people want is more of the nfl and college football reconstituted in continuous ways - regular seasons, postseasons, the draft, recruiting, free agency, fantasy, betting, video games, reality shows, etc, etc..

Because baseball and basketball are not for me.

Texas football is a bigger deal, look at the San Antonio Commanders, i read that they were actually drawing well. As long as you arent going head to head with the NFL or High School it could work on small scale, could get names out of high school that people would recognize round here.

I still think the NFL should and could develop a farm league system consisting of a single team tied to each of the 32 NFL teams. Stop trying to make it a European league and just give each team a geographically close minor league team. They would not play in the Spring and they would not play a full season. They (players and coaches) would go to camp with the NFL team (maybe not at the same facility but nearby) and their coaching staff would run similar systems to the parent team. They'd play like 6 game season starting at the same time as the NFL season and each parent team could call up or down players as needed or sign any player from any developmental team at any time (but if you take somebody else's project you have to put him on your roster for the season and of course he immediately makes NFL minimum and counts against your cap).

It could be done. Would be cool to see it happen. NFL teams hitting the injury wall would be able to call up guys who were in shape late in the year and who were familiar with their system. Keep the cost of players reasonable and don't sign old guys who are fading. Keep it developmental and the already short careers of players would keep the league young. Basically take all the UDFA's who are out there trying to catch on with teams and coaches trying to get into the ranks and make something out of it. The Corpus Christi Hooks in Baseball make money right? Why couldn't the "Beaumont Bulldogs", "Galveston Sharks" or some-such team consisting of guys trying to perfect their craft and make it to the NFL.

It would necessarily have to be a last-chance kind of league but I think it could make money and keep that NFL dream alive for some college players.

USFL, AAF, XFL,WLAF, NFL Eurpoe

The NFL is the only league that will ever survive.

You would think people would have figured this out by now.

I've mentioned it multiple times here and many many times in the past......the NFL cannot be competed with now or in the near future. How many more will try is questionable but I hope they've learned that it's not in their best financial interest to attempt what appears to be the impossible.

My argument has always been that instead of competing with the NFL.....put CFB in the crosshairs. This is an entity that's never been challenged. I think an above board payday to play football could entice many HS football players to entertain this type of league versus going CFB route.

I could see a league such as this eventually forcing the NFL's hand to acknowledge them as a great minor league system. This could lead to a successful partnership when those athletes begin getting signed as FA's since their arrival isn't through CFB or the draft.

My argument has always been that instead of competing with the NFL.....put CFB in the crosshairs. This is an entity that's never been challenged. I think an above board payday to play football could entice many HS football players to entertain this type of league versus going CFB route.

That's maybe competition for players but it isn't market competition which is what's needed for success. CFB has a built in market of students, alumni and their families. What's your marketing scheme, 'hey come watch the guys who couldn't get one of the 100k CFB scholarships, they've got a real shot at the NFL after they stop growing?'

Herv's idea is much more realistic. A league for the guys who would be on NFL teams if they had 80 man rosters. Guys who really are close to the point they can and would be called up.

I've mentioned it multiple times here and many many times in the past......the NFL cannot be competed with now or in the near future. How many more will try is questionable but I hope they've learned that it's not in their best financial interest to attempt what appears to be the impossible.

I could see a league such as this eventually forcing the NFL's hand to acknowledge them as a great minor league system. This could lead to a successful partnership when those athletes begin getting signed as FA's since their arrival isn't through CFB or the draft.

I agree with this and have that league play during the normal football season. They could play on Wednesday nights when there is no NFL or CFB. I think many of these leagues don’t work because most people aren’t into off season football. During the season however people are in the football mood and would watch an alternative league on an off night, especially if it were somehow tied to the NFL.

That's maybe competition for players but it isn't market competition which is what's needed for success. CFB has a built in market of students, alumni and their families. What's your marketing scheme, 'hey come watch the guys who couldn't get one of the 100k CFB scholarships, they've got a real shot at the NFL after they stop growing?'

Herv's idea is much more realistic. A league for the guys who would be on NFL teams if they had 80 man rosters. Guys who really are close to the point they can and would be called up.

This has been tried 5 times in the past to absolutely zero long term success. Time for something new and less challenging to the NFL. Might want to compete with CFB who in no way is prepared to challenge a head on attack for HS athletes......b/c they'd have to start paying their amateur athletes which they've never wanted to do....at least on paper.

These young football stars would get paid for playing football full time while enjoying secondary incomes through endorsement contracts. Do you seriously think CFB could compete with these options? The first group of athletes to hit NFL eligibility would be the envy of every young athlete coming out of college b/c they would be going through the draft process while their counterparts would be free to negotiate their future NFL contracts with any team of their choice. College kids would not get that freedom nor the same payday. Bottom line, if the talent starts piling up in a new National Amateur Football League (NAFL) and NFL teams start signing the top talent by circumventing the draft process......I give the NFL a couple of seasons before their knocking on the door with a desire to start talks.

My nephew is playing with the Salt Lake team. They are scheduled in San Antonio in March. My plan is to be there for that weekend. FWIW, the teams are all practicing in San Antonio for a month.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/...American-Football-gathers-in-San-13510049.php

Here is the result from my nephew's experience...essentially an extended try out with the KC Chiefs

http://www.kait8.com/2019/04/04/for...6v4DLtahaCvWbGScrFjjlTON1faUZiZNe2RPP8GH3tRyI

This has been tried 5 times in the past to absolutely zero long term success.

What Herv suggested hasn't been tried at all. Nobody has tied prospects to NFL teams like minor league baseball.
Might want to compete with CFB who in no way is prepared to challenge a head on attack for HS athletes......b/c they'd have to start paying their amateur athletes which they've never wanted to do....at least on paper.

Of course they're prepared. They have a built in fan base, in place televising contracts, rivalries, money hand over fist, a schedule coordinated with the NFL, etc. ... oh, and stadiums full of up to 80k people with national audiences.

And they do provide something of value probably in excess of the minimal salaries a startup for teens will offer. You're trying to take the dregs & miscreants from HS, sprinkle in a few short sighted greedy kids and compete with a behometh.

These young football stars would get paid for playing football full time while enjoying secondary incomes through endorsement contracts. Do you seriously think CFB could compete with these options?

What endorsements?

I think CFB would crush them

The first group of athletes to hit NFL eligibility would be the envy of every young athlete coming out of college b/c they would be going through the draft process while their counterparts would be free to negotiate their future NFL contracts with any team of their choice. College kids would not get that freedom nor the same payday.

What in hell makes you think the NFL won't make them go thru the draft or be subject to rookie contracts?

Bottom line, if the talent starts piling up in a new National Amateur Football League (NAFL) and NFL teams start signing the top talent by circumventing the draft process......I give the NFL a couple of seasons before their knocking on the door with a desire to start talks.

What you propose is definitionally not amateur.

What you fail to see is the NFL & CFB are joined at the hip. The NFL cannot accede to different rules for your proposed league or the rules fall apart for the draft & rookie contracts. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

What Herv suggested hasn't been tried at all. Nobody has tied prospects to NFL teams like minor league baseball.

If course they're prepared. They have a built in fan base, in place televising contracts, rivalries, money hand over fist, a schedule coordinated with the NFL, etc. ... oh, and stadiums full of up to 80k people with national audiences.

And they do provide something of value probably in excess of the minimal salaries a startup for teens will offer. You're trying to take the dregs & miscreants from HS, sprinkle in a few short sighted greedy kids and compete with a behometh.

What endorsements?

I think CFB would crush them

What in hell makes you think the NFL won't make them go thru the draft or be subject to rookie contracts?

What you propose is definitionally not amateur.

What you fail to see is the NFL & CFB are joined at the hip. The NFL cannot accede to different rules for your proposed league or the rules fall apart for the draft & rookie contracts. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

What legal holding would the NFL have to this new crop of talent? Thee is absolutely no affiliation and therefore those athletes would be free to sign with any NFL team that approaches them. Just like signing a young athlete they found from a team tryout or a league going out of business.

Some of these kids are just in tough financial situations and them and their families find this to be a good option.....that doesn't make them the dregs of society.

I could see the right investors giving a new league like this 5-10 years to become a permanent competitor with their own slice of the professional football pie. I agree with Hookem Horns.....Tuesday and Wednesday nights would be my target and a great time during the week (Fall/Winter) to establish a traditional football audience for this new league.

By the way....let a few of the ESPN Top 100 prospects sign with the new league and endorsements will soon follow. The sports gear companies would like to sign them and the sooner the better.

Also, don't think for a second that networks wouldn't enjoy giving a fully funded league that has independent ownerships in place for franchises an opportunity when their contracts to obtain the TV rights as the league grows. It'd be far cheaper than what CFB is gouging them for with the possibility of solid returns.

Personally, I think it could be a pretty exciting league.

Last edited:
What legal holding would the NFL have to this new crop of talent?

The NFL sets their own rules. Watch how fast they set a rule everyone has to go thru a draft just like they made the 3 year rule to protect CFB. Rookie contracts are already governed. If the rule needs tweaking they'll do it. The NFL is dedicated to parity. They aren't going to let an unfettered camel into the tent.

Just like signing a young athlete they found from a team tryout or a league going out of business.

Players at team tryouts or AAF virtually all went thru a draft. If that weren't the case, see above.

Some of these kids are just in tough financial situations and them and their families find this to be a good option.....that doesn't make them the dregs of society.

Didn't say dregs of society. They're kids without enough talent or with criminal problems so they can't get a scholarship.

I could see the right investors giving a new league like this 5-10 years to become a permanent competitor with their own slice of the professional football pie.

We're back to what you want v reality. Nobody is making an ironclad commitment for enough money to pay the salaries required to lure & expenses for 5 years much less 10.

I agree with Hookem Horns.....Tuesday and Wednesday nights would be my target and a great time during the week (Fall/Winter) to establish a traditional football audience for this new league.

There's already football 4 days a week. There's already criticism the NFL is diluted from too many days. Thursday NFL ratings suck. No major network will dump their primetime programming for this. You'll be on ESPN 52 at best.

By the way....let a few of the ESPN Top 100 prospects sign with the new league and endorsements will soon follow.

By the way, ain't happening. 'Son, would you like to play in front of 70k adoring fans on national TV (have any chick on campus) on the way to a multimillion dollar contract in 3 years or make $50-250k/yr for those 3 years being watched by your mother if you pay for her subscription to ESPN 52 & she chooses not to watch American Idol?'

Also, don't think for a second that networks wouldn't enjoy giving a fully funded league that has independent ownerships in place for franchises an opportunity when their contracts to obtain the TV rights as the league grows. It'd be far cheaper than what CFB is gouging them for with the possibility of solid returns.

Against their best primetime shows, you're delusional.

The NFL sets their own rules. Watch how fast they set a rule everyone has to go thru a draft just like they made the 3 year rule to protect CFB. Rookie contracts are already governed. If the rule needs tweaking they'll do it. The NFL is dedicated to parity. They aren't going to let an unfettered camel into the tent.

Players at team tryouts or AAF virtually all went thru a draft. If that weren't the case, see above.

Didn't say dregs of society. They're kids without enough talent or with criminal problems so they can't get a scholarship.

We're back to what you want v reality. Nobody is making an ironclad commitment for enough money to pay the salaries required to lure & expenses for 5 years much less 10.

There's already football 4 days a week. There's already criticism the NFL is diluted from too many days. Thursday NFL ratings suck. No major network will dump their primetime programming for this. You'll be on ESPN 52 at best.

By the way, ain't happening. 'Son, would you like to play in front of 70k adoring fans on national TV (have any chick on campus) on the way to a multimillion dollar contract in 3 years or make $50-250k/yr for those 3 years being watched by your mother if you pay for her subscription to ESPN 52 & she choosed not to watch American Idol?'

Unfortunately at your cynical best, you're probably correct.

Reactions: JB
What legal holding would the NFL have to this new crop of talent? Thee is absolutely no affiliation and therefore those athletes would be free to sign with any NFL team that approaches them.

Just like any other rookie, salaries are now governed. No rookie is going over the allotted draft $ whether subject to draft or not. And that ain't gonna change unless all these college alum's AND the NFL owners make it so

AAF issues statement: “We are very sorry”
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 6, 2019, 5:45 AM EDT

Amid criticism for the decision to end their season this week — in some cases abruptly leaving players without housing or health care — the Alliance of American Football is saying it’s sorry.

In an unsigned statement released late Friday night, the AAF acknowledged it put players and coaches in a difficult position.

“This week, we made the difficult decision to suspend all football operations for the Alliance of American Football,” the statement said. “We understand the difficulty that this decision has caused for many people and for that we are very sorry. This is not the way we wanted it to end, but we are also committed to working on solutions for all outstanding issues to the best of our ability. Due to ongoing legal processes, we are unable to comment further or share details about the decision. We are grateful to our players, who delivered quality football and may now exercise their NFL-out clauses in our contract. We encourage them to continue pursuing their dreams and wish them the best. We are grateful to our fans, who have been true believers from the beginning, and to our world-class partners. And to the Alliance coaches and employees who devoted their valuable time and considerable talent to this venture, we are forever grateful.”

The statement leaves several questions unanswered. For starters, who wrote it? It presumably came from AAF chairman Tom Dundon, although his name doesn’t appear on it and he’s been quiet since pulling the plug. AAF co-founder Bill Polian has said he’s no longer involved with the league, while the other AAF co-founder, Charlie Ebersol, has said nothing publicly since the league ended.

And what does it mean that the AAF will find “solutions for all outstanding issues”? Dundon is a billionaire and he could afford to make sure every player is compensated for travel and moving expenses and medical bills. Will he do so?

The reference to “ongoing legal processes” is also unclear. Is the AAF anticipating getting sued?

The end of the AAF was not handled well. This statement doesn’t go far enough.

By the way, ain't happening. 'Son, would you like to play in front of 70k adoring fans on national TV (have any chick on campus) on the way to a multimillion dollar contract in 3 years or make $50-250k/yr for those 3 years being watched by your mother if you pay for her subscription to ESPN 52 & she chooses not to watch American Idol?'

Unfortunately the delusion lies with folks like yourself. See, you're the folks who think the 6th attempt to compete with the NFL in the Spring is going to somehow yield new results.....it's not going to happen and 5 times has proven that I'm 100% correct. I'll also be 100% correct when the new XFL folds as well.

Again, CFB has never been challenged on their monopoly. With the right investors and the selling of franchises.....I like the chance of this succeeding much more than going after the NFL for a 6th time. Call it what you like but I like my idea much better than the ones that have continually filed.

Back