Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Carr Thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3267399

We shall see where he ends up now...I wish him well but I don't see him being heavily pursued...

Supercuts?
2004-12-14-inside-carr.jpg

Maybe Carr could provide some competition at QB for Team Texas. Afterall, they only have: Kliff Kingsbury, BJ Symmons and Eric Crouch on their roster.

Carr is available? Can we sign this guy? If he only gets an offensive line, a decent WR, and a decent OC look out, he will be great! :whip:

2 sentences in link regarding Carr, lol.

I hope whatever Davey decides to do, he continues to "have fun".

Sean Salisbury just left ESPN, there is an opening for a ex-QB that couldn't cut it in the NFL for NFL Live. Disney owns ESPN. :thinking:

His best bet is to go to work for ESPN or somewhere. I don't believe the guy is a serviceable NFL QB.

It's possible that he could end up on the Cowboys roster. We just have to pray that Romo stays healthy and Carr only enters on blowouts

Maybe Carr could provide some competition at QB for Team Texas. Afterall, they only have: Kliff Kingsbury, BJ Symmons and Eric Crouch on their roster.

IMO, he'd still be cut. All three of them are better than Mr. GQ.

Sean Salisbury just left ESPN, there is an opening for a ex-QB that couldn't cut it in the NFL for NFL Live. Disney owns ESPN. :thinking:

He's not smart enough to be on TV. Well, then again....you mentioned espn. :gun:

He could end up in someone's camp. I know Seattle expressed some interest in him last year it's possible Mike is still interested in making him a backup.

Todd Collins future is up in the air, Brunell could retire, Jim Zorn could make for a fit?

It's going to be a small contract and he's going to have to bust it to make it on the roster. I think this is end of the road for Carr's NFL career.

There's almost always some coach who thinks he can fix it and David Carr's case will be no exception. His next contract, if he is offered one will be much smaller than anything he thought he would ever sign in the NFL and his tenure will probably be no longer than training camp. He's now going down a path that Tim Couch has covered from one end to another. We can all see where this is going.

Carr isn't articulate* enough to be much of a broadcaster but he looks right for it and somebody might be willing to pay him to learn on the job. I see color commentary on Fresno State games in his immediate future..

Edit: *Maybe "articulate" isn't the right word. He speaks clearly but he needs to work on his conversational "flow" if he's going to be doing football games. I always thought interviews with him seemed very stop-and-go with his responses seeming to all require a thoughtful (possibly confused?) pause before they came out. He's not a natural public speaker is more what I meant to say. Some guys with terrible speaking skills still seem to enjoy speaking to an audience and make it work. David Carr always struck me as being somebody who would rather not be talking into a microphone. Maybe it would be different if he wasn't the focus of the conversation. I don't know.

Is this the first page of this thread that Second Honeymoon has not expressed his burning hatred for David Carr? Very eerie. :shades:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-panthers-moves&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—The Carolina Panthers released disappointing quarterback David Carr on Wednesday and came to terms with receiver Muhsin Muhammad on a two-year contract.

Carr was let go a year after he signed a $6 million, two-year deal with the Panthers following a five-year stint as a starter in Houston. But Carr struggled so badly when he took over for the injured Jake Delhomme last season that he was eventually demoted to third-string.

Carr leaves Carolina as Muhammad prepares for his second stint with the franchise. Muhammad was expected to sign his contract later Wednesday, a week after he was released by the Chicago Bears.

“Moose from day one urged me to do my best to return him to the Panthers,” said agent Joel

A scout That I know from the Panthers told me at the East West Shrine game they were going to cut Carr.

Here's the Panther writer's point of view from FanHouse, in part:

And That Will Be All for David Carr (Hallelujah!)

It wasn't just that Panthers fans couldn't stand Carr's ineptitude at QB, either. Fantasy owners who drafted Steve Smith wanted to take Carr's mittens and shove them up his rectum. All told, Carr was 1-3 as a starter -- and he probably shouldn't have won that game in New Orleans -- and finished the season with 3 touchdown passes, 5 interceptions, 13 sacks and a passer rating of 58.3 in 6 games. Carr's inability to read a defense pushed Carolina to sign the ancient Vinny Testaverde, who exposed Carr for the fraud he is.

Reading the news from bloggers is often more interesting than just reading the AP report. It gives you a better feel for things. :cool:

13 sacks in 6 games only 4 of them starts ... ahhh good old Carr. I just wonder what Haynsworth would have done to that guy if you had him last season :thinking:

Latest word is that David Carr will retire, and that Mack Brown will hire him as a special assistant/quarterbacks coach for the upcoming 2008 season.

"He did everything we asked, but unfortunately it didn't work out like anyone had hoped or expected," general manager Marty Hurney said. "David is an excellent person and we wish him the best."

Unfortunately this is true as we paid an excellent person first pick money for five years.

Latest word is that David Carr will retire, and that Mack Brown will hire him as a special assistant/quarterbacks coach for the upcoming 2008 season.

That should rank up there with waterboarding. What's next, Ricky Williams as drug counselor???

13 sacks in 6 games only 4 of them starts ... ahhh good old Carr. I just wonder what Haynsworth would have done to that guy if you had him last season :thinking:

No way. Haynesworth would never get a shot on Carr. The second Carr got back there, he was looking to roll out. Sure, Vanden Bosch would have had a field day but Haynesworth would have to start running sideways off the snap to catch up to Carr.

Dangit - I was just gonna post something similar. I was wondering what MB he was gonna go to now?

Dallas Desparados. Ironically, it could be a place where Carr could resurrect his career. The money is just so small that Carr would have to really want to change things and commit for the love of the game and competition or he will still come up short and be a failure. As bad as things seem right now, with enough hard work, dedication, and most importantly sacrifice, he could at least be a backup QB in the NFL.

He has a long way to go but its not impossible and he is young and has the resources to go somewhere and just get playing time without having to worry about putting food on the table. The game moves very fast and that type of wide open play may help Carr improve his downfield vision/progressions. He would just have to be willing to commit himself 100% and he has never shown he was willing to do that.

Anyways, at least everyone says he is a good person. He just isn't a good player at all.

Back