Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All encompassing 2022 draft thoughts thread

Jets obviously got the best of this draft and three firsts was nice and agressive.
Giants also got good value addressing both trenches.
Lions moved up again and also got another great prospect.
Jags also moved back in and are really bolstering their D.
I was kinda hoping Texans would move back in too but not to be.
Perhaps tonight we see some more agressive maneuvering - from NC. He has the chips to make it happen.

What's your thoughts on GB taking Quay Walker and NE taking Cole Strange?
Imo, these could have been had in their second round.
Perhaps Hoodie is trying to prove he knows better than everyone else.

Strange was aggressive but Quinn Meinhertz a similar small school OL with elite measurables performed well in his rookie season. Pats must think Strange can do the same and they have a track record of developing OL that makes it hard to argue with their selections.

Or simply (right or wrong) the ranking that the Patriots had was 1st round.

Jets obviously got the best of this draft and three firsts was nice and agressive.
Giants also got good value addressing both trenches.
Lions moved up again and also got another great prospect.
Jags also moved back in and are really bolstering their D.
I was kinda hoping Texans would move back in too but not to be.
Perhaps tonight we see some more agressive maneuvering - from NC. He has the chips to make it happen.
Another team that had a good draft was Baltimore. They went BPA at positions and snagged the best Safety and Center in this one.
Texans didn't do too bad either - technically, they got the best CB and the best Guard.

Nah, Lovie does, Nick really don't. Everyone know hoodie is a wizard with dbs. I mean he turned JC Jackson into all pro and Malcolm Butler into a probowl caliber defensive player
True. He also brought in established CBs like Talib, Revis, and Gilmore. So, Belichick knows the value of a shutdown CB.

4 QBs, 4 teams. The QB bonanza did not happen in the 1st round, as many predicted. That doesn't mean it won't happen here on Day 2. Willis, Ridder, Corral, and Howell. Titans, Seahawks, Colts, Falcons. Who wants whom? Can the Texans take advantage of this QB free for all and make a god deal for a QB hungry to move up?

33. Bucs - They're in the driver's seat for any team that wants to go get their QB
34. Vikings - If it's not the Bucs, the Vikings are in front of the 1st team looking QB
35. Titans - Do they have a favorite? Are they happy where they're at?
36. Giants - Given no indication they are in on rookie QB market.
37. Texans - Would they be willing to move down? Are they in a position for a move up.
38. Jets - Would likely want to replenish picks lost in 1st round trade up.
39. Bears - Not looking QB, would like more picks,
40. Seahawks - Who is their guy?
41. Seahawks - Will he get to their pick?
42. Colts - Not a lot of 2022 draft capital. Would they deal a future 2023 pick.
43. Falcons - Have what it takes to move to top. Would Bucs deal intra-division?

The Texans should be able to take advantage of this QB-palooza at the top of the 2nd, be it extra picks or non-QB talent moving down to them.

4 QBs, 4 teams. The QB bonanza did not happen in the 1st round, as many predicted. That doesn't mean it won't happen here on Day 2. Willis, Ridder, Corral, and Howell. Titans, Seahawks, Colts, Falcons. Who wants whom? Can the Texans take advantage of this QB free for all and make a god deal for a QB hungry to move up?

33. Bucs - They're in the driver's seat for any team that wants to go get their QB
34. Vikings - If it's not the Bucs, the Vikings are in front of the 1st team looking QB
35. Titans - Do they have a favorite? Are they happy where they're at?
36. Giants - Given no indication they are in on rookie QB market.
37. Texans - Would they be willing to move down? Are they in a position for a move up.
38. Jets - Would likely want to replenish picks lost in 1st round trade up.
39. Bears - Not looking QB, would like more picks,
40. Seahawks - Who is their guy?
41. Seahawks - Will he get to their pick?
42. Colts - Not a lot of 2022 draft capital. Would they deal a future 2023 pick.
43. Falcons - Have what it takes to move to top. Would Bucs deal intra-division?

The Texans should be able to take advantage of this QB-palooza at the top of the 2nd, be it extra picks or non-QB talent moving down to them.

I’m currently excited about picking at 37. There are plenty of day 1 impact players to choose from here.

But I also would not mind at all if for example the Panthers wanted to trade their first next year for the Texans 37. Then say a pick swap their 4th for one of our 5ths.

I would also take a trade down further into the second if it means they have ammo to maneuver and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don’t want them to have 12-13 draft picks this year. I’d like about 10 players but I want them in the quality rounds when the chances of a hit are greater. Or I want them to gain quality picks for next year’s draft. EX: One of the 5ths for a 4th next year.

I’m currently excited about picking at 37. There are plenty of day 1 impact players to choose from here.

But I also would not mind at all if for example the Panthers wanted to trade their first next year for the Texans 37. Then say a pick swap their 4th for one of our 5ths.

I would also take a trade down further into the second if it means they have ammo to maneuver and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don’t want them to have 12-13 draft picks this year. I’d like about 10 players but I want them in the quality rounds when the chances of a hit are greater. Or I want them to gain quality picks for next year’s draft. EX: One of the 5ths for a 4th next year.
i would take that 2023 first

I love our draft. This is all about Lovie. Is Lovie back? This draft will tell. I’m all in!! Hometown cool as **** winner. I can’t imagine nobody not getting behind this coach. Fear the beard!! Somewhere, sometime you make a freakin stand against this **** in the NFL. Now back to the bourbon, but I’m ******* serious

Giants got Wan'Dale Robinson, my favourite WR (outside the top round).
Bit of a reach, but he will be pretty good.

Jets are putting together a pretty enviable draft so far:

CB- Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner
WR- Garrett Wilson
DE- Jermaine Johnson
RB- Breece Hall

Based on player ratings…..it almost looks like the Jets have managed to draft the top players at their position with their first four picks.

Jets are putting together a pretty enviable draft so far:

CB- Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner
WR- Garrett Wilson
DE- Jermaine Johnson
RB- Breece Hall

Based on player ratings…..it almost looks like the Jets have managed to draft the top players at their position with their first four picks.

Which is why it wont work out for them. They havent addressed the biggest issue..protection for peter pan.

Ive lost track, know we traded 4.108 but we still have 107? Going Offense I'd like guy I've mocked long time RB Brian Robinson also from Alabama. A workhorse who played in that system and then stepped up as starter.

Speaking of David Mulugheta - how many players did we draft that he represents?
None in the first round.

Not sure about yesterday, but would certainly bet not in the 2nd round which still leaves room for "negotiation of contract."

Rounds after the 2nd round are not given any options for rookie contract negotiations/alterations.

I may be wrong, but would think that the Texans would try to avoid players represented by Mulugheta.

None in the first round.

Not sure about yesterday, but would certainly bet not in the 2nd round which still leaves room for "negotiation of contract."

Rounds after the 2nd round are not given any options for rookie contract negotiations/alterations.

I may be wrong, but would think that the Texans would try to avoid players represented by Mulugheta.
Or know how to better negotiate second time around...

Back