Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

abc13 - peyton wants to be a texan coming up in sports

first in last out means nothing, just more stuff for schaub apologist to cling to.. he spends the whole day practicing? then why does he still make the same mistakes he was making years ago? why do all of our kickers have a better builds than our pudgy quarterback? practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect... i find it hard to believe there is a harder worker on this team than cushing.. no days off for brian, he lives in the weight room, eats properly, and does any and everything possible to keep his body in prime shape for this sport..

first in last out means nothing, just more stuff for schaub apologist to cling to.. he spends the whole day practicing? then why does he still make the same mistakes he was making years ago? why do all of our kickers have a better builds than our pudgy quarterback? practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect... i find it hard to believe there is a harder worker on this team than cushing.. no days off for brian, he lives in the weight room, eats properly, and does any and everything possible to keep his body in prime shape for this sport..

whats in the water today?

so our qb isnt a hard worker because he doesnt have the body of a linebacker? riiiigggghhht. this guy gets it.

p1_manning.jpg

^look at that fat bastard. no wonder his team is about to cut his lazy ass :rolleyes:

ABC 13, Bob Allen and any other you rahtards that actually have a glimpse of hope Peytons coming to the Texans you gotta seriously think about your whole take on sports and football in general.

There is a better shot of Bud Adams bringing the Titans back to Texas just to open a stadium in San Antonio...

I didn't quote a specific source. Do your own research or continue to bury your head in the sand. It's your choice to espouse ignorance.

Actually if you Google "matt schaub first in last out", interestingly enough all you get is how many times he has been "out" due to being injury prone. Research concluded ... you stand corrected.

so our qb isnt a hard worker because he doesnt have the body of a linebacker? riiiigggghhht. this guy gets it.

p1_manning.jpg

^look at that fat bastard. no wonder his team is about to cut his lazy ass :rolleyes:

LMFAO!!

Jim Plunkett thinks Peyton is fat!

Early nomination for dumbest post of the year right here......:wow:

p1_manning.jpg

youre clearly dense, if you think thats peytons belly?? smh

peytonmanning.jpg

lol but i like how you read my post and tried to piece things together as if i was implying that schaub needs to be in the same shape as cushing... smh, were talking about hard-workers, you claim that schaub being first in last out means hes the hardest worker.. you dont know what goes on inside the texans facilities..

he doesnt need to get in nfl linebacker shape D.A., if he would commit an offseason to improving his physical stature to that of hartmann, hell even to leinart, he might not be known as a statue in the pocket that he is..

Last edited:
early nomination for dumbest post of the year right here......:wow:

pleeeeeesae love my schaub

meh... been hearing this shiit for too long now, you guys will be making the same excuses next year when were all debating whether or not schaub should be re-signed.. youll talk about his numbers, how that proves hes a top 6 qb, hes a hard-worker because hes the last guy to go home, and his precious Pro-Bowl MVP...

Last edited:
he doesnt need to get in nfl linebacker shape, if he would commit an offseason to improving his physical stature to that of hartmann, hell even to leinart, he might not be known as a statue in the pocket that he is..

yes because leinart's physique has really helped his mobility

anyway enough of the strawman argument crap. you questioned schaubs work ethic. plenty of ppl rolled their eyes and you've been changing the goalposts with stupid physique related stuff since. schaub isnt above questioning but his work ethic is.

anybody with a clue knows film study etc is alot more important than how much he bench presses or how ripped he is

p1_manning.jpg

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but that is a flak Jacket

pleeeeeesae love my schaub

meh... been hearing this shiit for too long now, you guys will be making the same excuses next year when were all debating whether or not schaub should be re-signed.. youll talk about his numbers, how that proves hes a top 6 qb, hes a hard-worker because hes the last guy to go home, and his precious Pro-Bowl MVP...

Lol, you don't have a clue.

Pleeeeeeessssae super coach, tell us how peak physical conditioning was going to prevent schaub's FREAK lisz-franc injury then.

Tony Mandarich
Andray Bruce
Vernon Gholston

all guys physically built like this
Transformersnewpic1.jpg

but played like his micro machines counterpart.

Lol, you don't have a clue.

Pleeeeeeessssae super coach, tell us how peak physical conditioning was going to prevent schaub's FREAK lisz-franc injury then.

Tony Mandarich
Andray Bruce
Vernon Gholston

but played like his micro machines counterpart.

what the hell are you talking about.. i suggested that schaub condition a bit more and trim some fat so he doesnt look like a YMCA coach. if you dont think schaub getting in better physical condition could help improve his game then youre delusional. you went off on some tangent about physique and injuries, a couple of you brainiacs saw cushings name and assumed i meant schaub should look like cushing.. no.. try and keep up..

schaub just isnt a winner, hes scared, when the game gets tough he tucks his tail, this doesnt mean he sucks, hes a solid qb, he'll put up numbers all day but those numbers dont mean anything in the grand scheme when you fail in the most crucial moments..

There have been many crucial moments where Schaub played great in the past in 4th quarters. Hell, he made a living off of it the season before last season and arguably the season before that. It's not his fault that his team's defense was also making a living at giving points up in the 4th quarters. Schaub just lost a lot of those games where he put up a lot of points in 4th quarters, so it seems like he hasn't been clutch to some. I'll admit that he's failed quite a few times as well at the end of games and **** the bed, but all QB's do as well. Only the elites win in the clutch the majority of the time. Schaub has shown plenty of times that he could put up points in 4th quarters though.

i dont understand why so many of you guys here continue to expect great things from schaub, what youve seen is what youll get.. youre kidding yourselves if you think he takes that career PPG into the playoffs and just rolls over teams.. games will get tough, you need a qb that can put a team on his back, schaub isnt capable of this.

Well he definitely has over anyone else that we got. Who is out there on the current market would be a better fit to take us further?? I'd love to hear a decent suggestion. With our current defense, Schaub is more than capable.

like ck said, just watch the guy play, save your stats, stats never tell the whole story..

i dont have faith in this guy, all i have is hope, hope that he'll prove me wrong... just dont see it..

Then Yates should have scared you ****less if that's the case.

Well he definitely has over anyone else that we got. Who is out there on the current market would be a better fit to take us further?? I'd love to hear a decent suggestion. With our current defense, Schaub is more than capable.

like ck said, just watch the guy play, save your stats, stats never tell the whole story.

On the market I would say maybe the kid in GB but we cant afford him. I have never said Matt isnt "our" best QB, the debate is if he is elite, and he isnt even close. Our offense does not need an elite QB to win. That is why I cant see us paying to extend someone like Schaub, when he can command more to teams that need a QB as the focal point, and will look at his stats and drool. Walter, Johnson, Daniels, etc have given Matt his meal ticket by being able to adjust. Is he our best? Sure. Do we need him to win? My opinion is no. I think if Yates got a full camp and was the starter he would do just fine. Ravens won it all with Dilfer, and I will say that right now Yates is better than Dilfer.

On the market I would say maybe the kid in GB but we cant afford him.

So after one game in week 17 against one of the worst defenses in the entire league where Flynn put up a bunch of points, we should consider him over Schaub? I don't think so.

Do we need him to win? My opinion is no.

Well your opinion was proven wrong just this last season, because we didn't win without him and many thought we would have gone further had we had him. But we did "need" better than what we had, and Schaub was unquestionably much better.

I think if Yates got a full camp and was the starter he would do just fine. Ravens won it all with Dilfer, and I will say that right now Yates is better than Dilfer.

Bad example, because that's not a common thing where a defense plays like that awsome. The Ravens didn't even allow over 30 points for the entire post season or something like that when they won. They could have literally ran the ball on ever down and won the SB practically. They were the best defense of all time. Trying to imply a strategy where you're trying to win with just anyone at QB is never a good one and that's what the Texans had to deal with when they had Yates in there last season and it showed.

With Yates you get a game manager that won't put up a lot of points.

With Scahub you get a guy who has put up a lot of points for several seasons now. Not even a comparison really.

You must have had elite moron training in some Glenn Beck para-dumbass camp to come with this drivel. Well done.

I dont think I have ever heard that even suggested. Maybe I am not the one making stuff up.

Not denying it may be the case, just have never heard of it.

Link please.

Will this do...?
When the NFL lockout began in March, Texans quarterback Matt Schaub sent an email to his teammates encouraging them to participate in player-only workouts during the offseason.
Some defensive players began working out at the Plex facility in Stafford. The offensive players worked out at Rice, where Schaub tried to stick to the same schedule the Texans would have used if there wasn't a lockout, including 14 organized team activities and a three-day minicamp this week.
Some defensive players joined the offense for the OTAs and minicamp.
"We're doing more detailed work as a group and running through the same type of practice plan that we'd be doing at Reliant," Schaub said about the minicamp. "We're also going to work on some situational football that helps us in crucial points in the game — like the two-minute drill, the red zone, etc."

Organizing and running team workouts when none of them were officially under contract - and therefore not covered by team insurance - should tell you something about his work ethic and leadership. If this doesn't help you understand that then you're actively trying to NOT get it.

I've been among those who have complained about Schaub's lack of mobility and b!tched about his less-than-stellar arm strength. But his work ethic, ability to read defenses, be a student of the game, and to effectively run this offense has never been a question in my mind.

Will this do...?

Organizing and running team workouts when none of them were officially under contract - and therefore not covered by team insurance - should tell you something about his work ethic and leadership. If this doesn't help you understand that then you're actively trying to NOT get it.

I've been among those who have complained about Schaub's lack of mobility and b!tched about his less-than-stellar arm strength. But his work ethic, ability to read defenses, be a student of the game, and to effectively run this offense has never been a question in my mind.

Schaub "organized" these workouts several weeks after Brees and Eli were getting national recognition for getting their teams together. Doesnt impress me.

Will this do...?

Don't even waste the effort, man. Dude has his mind made up. You can't change someone's opinion when they're hell-bent on trolling.

Don't even waste the effort, man. Dude has his mind made up. You can't change someone's opinion when they're hell-bent on trolling.

Why does it make someone a troll just because they have a different viewpoint than you do? Maybe you should learn the definition of a word before attempting to use it.

when did your account get suspended from the other texans mb?

What does that matter? That board suspends folks based on pure bias. The point of a message board is to encourage conversation. Conversation can sometimes lead to debate. If you debate the mods on that board you are booted. The current lead mod there has said worse things, and thrown out more personal attacks, and overall been a jerk to more folks than I ever did. He got rewarded with being appointed a mod. Go figure.

What does that matter? That board suspends folks based on pure bias. The point of a message board is to encourage conversation. Conversation can sometimes lead to debate. If you debate the mods on that board you are booted. The current lead mod there has said worse things, and thrown out more personal attacks, and overall been a jerk to more folks than I ever did. He got rewarded with being appointed a mod. Go figure.

Just curious

1. the sarcasm smile was obviously lost on you. just showing what each thread would look like if everybody trolled like you do

2. as you did throw up those links, i only see eli, brees and sanchez organise get national recognition for their togethers in may. schaub organised OTA's in march and a mini camp later. last time i checked, march was before may.... kinda ruins your whole 'schaub only did it to get publicity/because every other qb was' angle doesnt it?

3. let this thread die. btw have you checked out the http://boards.houstontexans.com/ ? just a great forum with lots of friendly posters

1. the sarcasm smile was obviously lost on you. just showing what each thread would look like if everybody trolled like you do

2. as you did throw up those links, i only see eli, brees and sanchez organise get national recognition for their togethers in may. schaub organised OTA's in march and a mini camp later. last time i checked, march was before may.... kinda ruins your whole 'schaub only did it to get publicity/because every other qb was' angle doesnt it?

3. let this thread die. btw have you checked out the http://boards.houstontexans.com/ ? just a great forum with lots of friendly posters

lol @ #3 he was banned

when did your account get suspended from the other texans mb?

lol.... so much for that attempt

Careful there hotrod, I believe a couple of the Mods over there work this MB too. Then again, let them bridges burn....

Careful there hotrod, I believe a couple of the Mods over there work this MB too. Then again, let them bridges burn....

Not concerned about what anyone thinks of my opinions. They are mine and I stand by them. I have done nothing to be chastised for, so why would the mods here retaliate? I do not throw out personal insults, just discuss football and offer my opinion. If I am banned for that, then it is on the person doing that outside the guidelines of fair moderation, not me.

The other link was from an article in June. True, McClain does say that Matt emailed the team in March, not sure when they actually got together. More than Matt did it for recognition, my point was that what he was doing wasn't anything special, and did not to me make him a leader. Glad he took that initiative, but in my opinion leadership is displayed when under fire, in game.

You must have had elite moron training in some Glenn Beck para-dumbass camp to come with this drivel. Well done.

This isn't necessary. The man has an opinion, he shared it. You don't have to agree. In fact, we encourage you to voice your own opinion. But this goes too far.

Aside from that, he's not the only non-Schaub Homer around. The man has holes in his game. They may not be as critical or as bad as Premier states (I personally believe he's more right than most of the Schaub homers).... but it's a valid opinion nontheless.

This isn't necessary. The man has an opinion, he shared it. You don't have to agree. In fact, we encourage you to voice your own opinion. But this goes too far.

Aside from that, he's not the only non-Schaub Homer around. The man has holes in his game. They may not be as critical or as bad as Premier states (I personally believe he's more right than most of the Schaub homers).... but it's a valid opinion nontheless.

True or false?

The Texans would've beaten the Ravens with Schaub?

Here's the deal. There are about 100 different types of QBs out there, just like there are thousands of different cars. Some people like the sports cars; Vettes, Ferraris, Lambos. Some people like the "Smart" cars; Prius, Hybrids, Leaf...

& that's ok.

Matt Schaub is simply not Premier's thing. He probably likes (& I'm just saying, I don't know) the Super Athletic types, the Romo/Farve/Montana/Netwon type. But Matt isn't that type. Matt's also not the "heady type" the guys who are going to beat you because of their understanding of the game..... Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers.

So what type is he?

Heck, his supporters say, "Sure Matt can get us to a Super Bowl, look at Grossman, look at Hasselbeck. He can win it for us to, look at Dilfer, look at Johnson."

I don't think that's a very good argument.

Not concerned about what anyone thinks of my opinions. They are mine and I stand by them. I have done nothing to be chastised for, so why would the mods here retaliate? I do not throw out personal insults, just discuss football and offer my opinion. If I am banned for that, then it is on the person doing that outside the guidelines of fair moderation, not me.

Well said.

Back