Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 TEXANS DRAFT DISCUSSION

I didn’t see the earlier group so take with grains of salt. I didn’t see Levis for example.

In the throwing drills in this last group, Stroud is spinning it. He is impressing the hell out of me. Accurate and beautiful deep balls up to 65 yards. He has PLENTY of arm to make any throw you want. At this point, I still have Bryce ahead due to his intangibles, but Stroud is making this a very interesting competition, and frankly I will be thrilled with either guy.

Out of the lower rated guys, Aiden O’Connell looks pretty damn good. I’d take a flyer on that guy late if he is there. I haven’t seen Duggan throw, another guy I have late interest in. Clayton Tune looks pretty damn good too btw so I’m adding him as a potential late pick.

Tanner McKee is exactly what I thought. A Davis Mills clone. Inaccurate, stiff, upright, awkward, and gangly. He is totally off my board. I have that guy already. Don’t need his clone.

As mentioned, I’m also out on Richardson. Wrong team, wrong skill set, way too raw, boom or bust prospect. No way in hell am I drafting him.

It will be interesting how the draft order develops that night. The 3-4 teams need a QB and the Bears probably will trade #1 maybe to a team and keep Fields. If Levis ends with Texans must not give up any round 1 picks and fir shir get a BPA i.e. edge WR TE OL RB etc in the top 12 picks to substantiate such a QB pick vs Young and Stroud probably go earlier. Gotta fill up the needed weapons surrounding a good drafted QB.
1 Bears Carter
2. Seattle Young for 5, 20, 38 and 53
3. AZ Anderson
4. Colts Stroud
5. Texans Levis

As i posted earlier radio analysts says Levis does fit Slowik's O behind only Young. I think Hooker does but have heard only one agree as few discuss him.
I think I remember reading that the Kentucky offense was based on a zone run scheme with heavy play action. Lots of experience under center, too. Is it quality experience? No idea.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

1 Bears Carter
3. AZ Anderson
4. Colts Stroud
5. Texans Levis
I hope we take Stroud at 2 if he’s available. If he’s good for other teams I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be good for us.

understandable from your opinion allow me to ask if Young and/or Stroud happen to be off the board for the Texans then who is next in line for the second QB. Who knows Texans are saying they are going to get 2 QBs
Well if they keep their pick they should get one of them. But if they trade back, and then both of them are gone I’d want them to consider Richardson but draft Hooker.

I didn’t see the earlier group so take with grains of salt. I didn’t see Levis for example.

In the throwing drills in this last group, Stroud is spinning it. He is impressing the hell out of me. Accurate and beautiful deep balls up to 65 yards. He has PLENTY of arm to make any throw you want. At this point, I still have Bryce ahead due to his intangibles, but Stroud is making this a very interesting competition, and frankly I will be thrilled with either guy.

Out of the lower rated guys, Aiden O’Connell looks pretty damn good. I’d take a flyer on that guy late if he is there. I haven’t seen Duggan throw, another guy I have late interest in. Clayton Tune looks pretty damn good too btw so I’m adding him as a potential late pick.

Tanner McKee is exactly what I thought. A Davis Mills clone. Inaccurate, stiff, upright, awkward, and gangly. He is totally off my board. I have that guy already. Don’t need his clone.

As mentioned, I’m also out on Richardson. Wrong team, wrong skill set, way too raw, boom or bust prospect. No way in hell am I drafting him.
I thought this was just the "underwear olympics"?

I'm still going defense with Will Anderson at #2. The combine is interesting to me but not a great indicator on how these quarterbacks will perform when the bullets are flying. They all have their warts which have been seen in live action.
then at #12 probably anyway Stroud and Young will be gone so @12 who is the QB? Leaves Richardson Hooker Levis. If Texans don't move QB here would be surprising unless a trade is in the works no?

Obviously from a combine point of view from the comments here it sounds like Stroud is having a great performance. Simply because Young is not there to compare. I have not seen the combine.

No.. he did not panic. He saw his oline not containing the blitz and he retreated and off balance launched. He had two other choices: eat the ball or launch to sideline. He chose to throw endzone. As quickly as he released, I assume that is what Stroud has been coached to do.
So you must love you some Stroud.

Stroud is very talented. Most concerning issue is will he demand a trade in a few years just like every other Mulugheta client?

Out of upwards of 50 NFL clients we've seen trade demands from two that I'm aware of - Watson and Jalen Ramsey. And Ramsey wanted from the jump to sign an extension in Jacksonville but the Jags kept giving him the run around while resigning other dudes and he finally had enough.

So all of 1.5 out of 50. Yup, done deal, definitely gonna happen, like every other Mulughetta client..

Out of upwards of 50 NFL clients we've seen trade demands from two that I'm aware of - Watson and Jalen Ramsey. And Ramsey wanted from the jump to sign an extension in Jacksonville but the Jags kept giving him the run around while resigning other dudes and he finally had enough.

So all of 1.5 out of 50. Yup, done deal, definitely gonna happen, like every other Mulughetta client..
And Ramsey now wants ANOTHER trade. Fields likely will want a trade soon as well.

And since you want to downplay it. How many QBs signed an extension, and then demanded a trade 6 months later? Not only just demanded a trade. But demanded the entire front office and coaching staff be Black? That’s what you get with Mulugheta. Making demands of how the employer should make hires…..This is how it will play out again in Cleveland.

How dare you introduce logic into this conversation.

And Ramsey now wants ANOTHER trade. Fields likely will want a trade soon as well.

And since you want to downplay it. How many QBs signed an extension, and then demanded a trade 6 months later? Not only just demanded a trade. But demanded the entire front office and coaching staff be Black? That’s what you get with Mulugheta. Making demands of how the employer should make hires…..This is how it will play out again in Cleveland.

Where did Ramsey say he wants another trade? The Rams want to trade him because their salary cap is a nightmare cause they effed them picks.

Stick to facts. We're still on 1.5 out of 50, right?

I thought this was just the "underwear olympics"?

It is. Did you see Stroud play this year. This is simply a confirmation of what I saw in the Georgia game. And he did show me he can make every throw including some beautiful darts and some bombs that were on target. Very smooth and accurate passer. I still rely primarily on game play, which is why I plainly stated I still had Bryce ahead.

This is also why Richardson doesn’t dramatically move up my board. I go back to the games.

1 Bears Carter
3. AZ Anderson
4. Colts Stroud
5. Texans Levis
I think the Colts would take Levis. I don't want Stroud at 2, but if we could make that trade and get those picks I would take him at 5 with Anderson and Carter being gone. Pick up a WR at 12 and Bijan at 20. Spend the rest of the draft on D, a Center ,maybe a TE

I think the Colts would take Levis. I don't want Stroud at 2, but if we could make that trade and get those picks I would take him at 5 with Anderson and Carter being gone. Pick up a WR at 12 and Bijan at 20. Spend the rest of the draft on D, a Center ,maybe a TE
oic take one way or the other Stroud or Levis at 5 in this trade case depending what the Colts pic at 4?

then at #12 probably anyway Stroud and Young will be gone so @12 who is the QB? Leaves Richardson Hooker Levis. If Texans don't move QB here would be surprising unless a trade is in the works no?
I'll be surprised if the Texans don't draft a quarterback at #2. They'll probably draft a wide receiver at #12. And they'll probably be one of the worst defenses in the league once again. And while the rookie quarterback tries to get used to the speed of the game, the offense will probably struggle again as well.

I think I remember reading that the Kentucky offense was based on a zone run scheme with heavy play action. Lots of experience under center, too. Is it quality experience? No idea.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
IMO, most if not all college programs do not prepare players for NFL but to extend Athletic Director and Head coach contracts and encourage alumni and advertisers to fork over cash.

QBs for most part should get to NFL coaches ASAP.

I'll be surprised if the Texans don't draft a quarterback at #2. They'll probably draft a wide receiver at #12. And they'll probably be one of the worst defenses in the league once again. And while the rookie quarterback tries to get used to the speed of the game, the offense will probably struggle again as well.

And you would be correct on all accounts. The Texans problem is the same as last year, to many holes to fill all in one offseason, so you fill what you can. If you concentrate on the offense, the defense will suffer. Concentrate on the defense as we get another year of Mills. Do a little of each and hope for the best. We still got two 1st round picks next year.

The Texans have needs everywhere. They are in a good position to be taking the BPA to fit whatever needs they can this year.

What most of us are arguing about is how we value which position needs upgrading first with those high picks. Some of us don't think this is the year for a QB, some do. And around and around we go in here. LOL

I hope we take Stroud at 2 if he’s available. If he’s good for other teams I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be good for us.
Well I am not a fan of stroud first of all but do not feel like he will fit the scheme that I understand slowik is going to instill.

And you would be correct on all accounts. The Texans problem is the same as last year, to many holes to fill all in one offseason, so you fill what you can. If you concentrate on the offense, the defense will suffer. Concentrate on the defense as we get another year of Mills. Do a little of each and hope for the best. We still got two 1st round picks next year.

The Texans have needs everywhere. They are in a good position to be taking the BPA to fit whatever needs they can this year.

What most of us are arguing about is how we value which position needs upgrading first with those high picks. Some of us don't think this is the year for a QB, some do. And around and around we go in here. LOL
And we could easily debate BPA throughout the draft. The difference in talent is as clear as mud. There's probably 3 or 4 different TE's that we could argue is better than the others. Same with quarterbacks, OT's and wide receivers. And that seems to be from the #1 overall pick to the last pick in the draft. Jalen Carter, Will Anderson or Young?

Last year was different. For example, everyone (except the Texans) knew who the best corner was in the draft.

Were them guys watching the same combine? The receivers had to slow down on all of those “beautiful deep throws” by CJ. I’d take him over Bryce Young though. Also, jumping super high and running super fast does not automatically make a guy a good QB. I watched Anthony Richardson on Saturdays and he was just a bigger, bit slower, way more inaccurate Lamar Jackson.

Back