Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2023 TEXANS DRAFT DISCUSSION

The ideal (and highly unlikely) scenario would be taking Anderson at No. 2 and then hoping someone falls in love with Levis, letting Richardson or Stroud fall into realistic trade up range. But even that is still going to be moving up to 6 or so.

The ideal (and highly unlikely) scenario would be taking Anderson at No. 2 and then hoping someone falls in love with Levis, letting Richardson or Stroud fall into realistic trade up range. But even that is still going to be moving up to 6 or so.

I don't think Anderson at 2 is as far fetched as some may think. If Young goes 1, the Texans are not taking Stroud. They'll either take Anderson there or try to move back.

I wonder if Mulugheta could be a factor. He’s now had multiple players force their way off teams. That could make them leery, especially with the QB position

Has he though? Who besides Watson has he forced their way off of their team really?

You might say Jalen Ramsey, and ok. But does it count the same if you know that Ramsey was practically begging Jacksonville to lock him up there long term after he'd already displayed pro-bowl and all-pro seasons there? Also after he'd watched other teammates of his with far lesser accomplishments receive longer-term deals in the meantime?

So besides Watson - and out of his upwards of 50 or so clients including 1st round picks, pro-bowlers, and all-pros - how much has this narrative actually taken place, and how can it be scripted as his real working M.O.?

With all the arguments back & forth about whether or not we take a QB with pick 1.2 & which one we should take, I think we're all forgetting a very important metric. With a top 5 pick, you always take the BPA. All four of the top QB's have at least one flaw, & while they all have significant talent, there is only one player worthy of the #2 pick in this draft & he fills a big hole for us. WILL ANDERSON is that player hands down & will have the most significant impact on this team on day 1. Carter was up there as well before his off-field incident, even though I've always looked at him as more of a NT type player.

NFL teams always take a good to very good QB prospect over any position player in the top 5 unless they have a good QB or have their young dude already.

Last edited:
As people have pointed out in the past for other tweets, this tweet comes from someone with questionable credentials and low follow count.

I listen to the video and Adam Schefter says he believes but does NOT say that his belief comes from sources nor does Schefter hint at where he got the information.

Has he though? Who besides Watson has he forced their way off of their team really?

You might say Jalen Ramsey, and ok. But does it count the same if you know that Ramsey was practically begging Jacksonville to lock him up there long term after he'd already displayed pro-bowl and all-pro seasons there? Also after he'd watched other teammates of his with far lesser accomplishments receive longer-term deals in the meantime?

So besides Watson - and out of his upwards of 50 or so clients including 1st round picks, pro-bowlers, and all-pros - how much has this narrative actually taken place, and how can it be scripted as his real working M.O.?

That’s called a pattern of behavior.

When people show you who they are believe them.

For example:

Ex wife make out with some guy. She says it’s because husband isn’t around enough.

Ex wife has sex with some guy. She says she hasn’t been happy for some time.

Friend: You kinda knew it was going to eventually happen. The signs were there.

Jalen Carter is off my board. I wasn't high on this guy at all to start with and wanted no part of him at 1.2. I was mildly intrigued about 1.12 after the law situation. But If you can't get motivated to show out on your pro-day, what are you going to do once you're paid? It's like if you're an impending bride and your wedding is in 6 weeks, and you find out he just knocked up your sister...you still marrying this guy? I don't think so. This guy is a bust in the making. HARD pass.

Jalen Carter is off my board. I wasn't high on this guy at all to start with and wanted no part of him at 1.2. I was mildly intrigued about 1.12 after the law situation. But If you can't get motivated to show out on your pro-day, what are you going to do once you're paid? It's like if you're an impending bride and your wedding is in 6 weeks, and you find out he just knocked up your sister...you still marrying this guy? I don't think so. This guy is a bust in the making. HARD pass.

Emotional and behavioral issues that may take a long time to get under control. I can see him falling to the third or fourth round. He's a huge risk at this point.

For example:

Ex wife make out with some guy. She says it’s because husband isn’t around enough.

You should probably keep your business out of the forum and respond in a direct manner to the quotes. No one wants to know this.

Why not exactly?

Not far enough removed from getting burned by Mulugheta. They'll have to deal with his clients eventually, some time down the road, but the wounds are still too fresh right now. Especially if Hannah has more say in things now.

Not far enough removed from getting burned by Mulugheta. They'll have to deal with his clients eventually, some time down the road, but the wounds are still too fresh right now. Especially if Hannah has more say in things now.
So Hannah will force the Texans hand to trade up to 1.1? That would kinda suck.

For example:

I don't know you draw a single line from sports agent to monogamous relationship in any way shape or form to even begin to make that analogy work..

You should probably keep your business out of the forum and respond in a direct manner to the quotes. No one wants to know this.

You can’t believe everything on the internet Lucky.

giphy.gif

I don't think Anderson at 2 is as far fetched as some may think. If Young goes 1, the Texans are not taking Stroud. They'll either take Anderson there or try to move back.

If they are really butthurt about Stroud's agent, then I think are kind of forced to take Richardson. If they pass on QB at 2, then they lose all realistic chances of landing a great QB.

And I highly doubt Hooker makes it to 33, even with all of the question marks around age and injury history.

QB at 2 and BPA at 12 seems like the best possible outcome.

Are Jalen and Williams even scheme fits? Williams seems more of an OLB. Don't know much about him, but Jalen seems more like a space eater than a 3-tech DT

Not buying the whole Hannah has forced them to take Storud off the board stuff. That's silliness imho. Besides that, I've heard Nick in an interview flat out say that he would work with David Muffhugga again and that each case was unique and you don't take someone off your board due to their representation. (paraphrasing)

Not buying the whole Hannah has forced them to take Storud off the board stuff. That's silliness imho. Besides that, I've heard Nick in an interview flat out say that he would work with David Muffhugga again and that each case was unique and you don't take someone off your board due to their representation. (paraphrasing)

Caserio may be willing to work with him but it may not be with a player at a pivotal position like QB. A CB, TE, or WR holding out or demanding a trade doesn’t have the same impact as a QB.

Yes, I understand that the prevailing ‘opinion’ around here is that Hannah runs the show now. But some here give the impression that she’s secretly confiding info that nobody else knows about. If you’re going to state a fact, provide a link, please.

Paraphrasing, sure but it sounds a lot more reasonable.

It’s not about the relationship. It’s about turning a blind eye towards behaviors that push boundaries.

Then that shouldn't have been the analogy..

And again he's done that behavior once. And we can't even say for sure that it began with his urging, we can only safely assume that he manufactured the outcome - at the likely behest of his client's wishes.

Once, out of some 50 clients.

If that's a pattern for bad pushing boundary behavior..

We’ve all heard him say that but some people chooses to ignore. I posted the video/ presser when he said those exact words. Lol

Then that shouldn't have been the analogy..

And again he's done that behavior once. And we can't even say for sure that it began with his urging, we can only safely assume that he manufactured the outcome - at the likely behest of his client's wishes.

Once, out of some 50 clients.

If that's a pattern for bad pushing boundary behavior..

Jalen Ramsey acted a fool so he could get out of Jacksonville too. Like you said the agent was doing exactly what his clients wanted.

Jalen Ramsey acted a fool so he could get out of Jacksonville too. Like you said the agent was doing exactly what his clients wanted.

And Ramsey only did so after he practically begged the Jags for an extension after balling out and watching lesser teammates get deals.

Hmm, maybe that's where TexansBull was actually trying to apply the analogy and I missed it..:thinking:

Is that just your opinion? If not, then where did you get this from?

Humor is allowed. Tongue in cheek or at least I think it is.
Just having a little fun with Hannah’s new high profile. Regardless of how Kirby boardroom really feels about Mulgheta I wouldn’t expect Caserio to say anything different.

Back