Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2023 TEXANS DRAFT DISCUSSION

We are up shortly. I’m turning back to offense. Kunitz the TE from Old Dominion, or two RBs…Kenny McIntosh or my favorite, Keaton Mitchell from east carolina. Mitchell is the Tank Dell of the RB class. Slippery as an eel with top end speed to burn. Home run hitter. Knock is mostly size…he’s tiny… and small school background. Also would be a major PR candidate and you have Tank as the PR guy. Longshot pick, but I like him enough to take him here.
He was my guy too

The 2024 draft is just around the corner.Get to work guys!
For giggles and grins I just did quick scan of four 2024 mocks all after the trade for Anderson. Three had Texans picking #1 and the fourth #2. All had Browns pick 20-24.

Only one took into consideration Texans pick belongs to Cards.

Weird.

This is the first draft that felt like one of our “resident draft expert” mock drafts. You know, the ones where they zero in on a couple positions or trade to get to an unrealistic position in the draft (like say drafting at 2 and 3) or trade 5+ times because we can’t sit still… then we all say, “They would NEVER do that!”

Take a look at the needs coming in. QB, Edge, Center, WR, interior OL and LB depth.

They got the QB, traded up for the stud DE, then double dipped at center and WR. Went ahead and grabbed an extra LB and safety for good measure. What an incredible weekend. Caserio certainly ups the entertainment factor on draft weekend!

There are better players in next years draft IMHO

Watch some SEC football and there are guys like Dallas Turner Brock Bowers etc

.Then you've got Harrison and the other WR's

Alt and the other LT from Penn St.

This doesn't even count the QB's.
5 players don't make a draft. It happens like this all the time with drafts. This guy was supposed to get drafted in 1st rd, but goes in the 3rd or 4th. It's going go be thr same next year.

Who was the top winner in the draft? Imho among many other analysts and draft expert sources the Houston Texans! A few other teams had a good draft but the Texans obviously took the helm and never looked back. Go get your guys and the UFDA! Let's rock and roll come this fall season.
:gotexans1:gotexans1
Eagles and patriots I thought had good drafts imo

Listening to Caserio’s post draft presser he said something that really stood out regarding Anderson and To’o To’o:

“I’m not saying they ran Alabama’s defense down there, but they essentially ran the defense down there.”

Bit was right around 30:55

Lol I see you’re coming around. Good stuff Opt.

……I’m still no less sold on Hendon Hooker. I actually took the time to listen to Hooker’s presser with Detroit and he came across very strong. The beauty of him landing with Detroit, they don’t have to rush him to the field with Goff holding the QB1 spot for this season. Hooker can just take the time to learn and absorb until his time arrives…..later on this season or next. By the way, Detroit is building a heck of a team.

As for the Texans, I came away very impressed with the men they drafted. I was really bummed that Dallas managed to sign FB- Hunter Luepke (North Dakota State) in the UDFA phase. I actually like a few of the UDFA’s signed as athletes who could legitimately make this team. So lets get this season started so we, as fans, can see how these chips have landed.

Last edited:
Seems that they weren’t in love with what was left coming into today and are thinking they’ll like what’s left there next year. Don’t think it’s really about the moving up
Texans were short a 3rd in 2024. It's about keeping a constant stream of new players, year to year.
Would rather have taken Iosivas, who the Bengals took next. Heptathlete with track speed and size.
In case a track meet breaks out in the middle of a football game. Iosivas would also have come in handy with that Princeton degree, helping tutor guys during finals.
Hutchinson will have to beat out Collins for playing time.
Or just wait until Collins pulls a toenail.
All had Browns pick 20-24.
Who in their right mind doesn't have the Browns dead last in the AFC North? Not Watson bashing, but look at that roster. I'm counting on a top 10 pick from these guys.
Watch some SEC football and there are guys like Dallas Turner Brock Bowers etc
Bowers to the Texans with the Browns pick. Heard it here, first.
You would prefer Luke Skywalker? Glad you're back, I needed the laughs.

Who in their right mind doesn't have the Browns dead last in the AFC North? Not Watson bashing, but look at that roster. I'm counting on a top 10 pick from these guys.

I agree with you. I think there’s a high probability that we will be picking Top 15 if not Top 10.

I also think that people are underestimating what we will do next season. There’s been a decent roster turnover but some great building blocks. I’m hoping we can give JAX a run at bring the AFC South champion.

……I’m still no less sold on Hendon Hooker. I actually took the time to listen to Hooker’s presser with Detroit and he came across very strong. The beauty of him landing with Detroit, they don’t have to rush him to the field with Goff holding the QB1 spot for this season. Hooker can just take the time to learn and absorb until his time arrives…..later on this season or next. By the way, Detroit is building a heck of a team.

As for the Texans, I came away very impressed with the men they drafted. I was really bummed that Dallas managed to sign FB- Hunter Luepke (North Dakota State) in the UDFA phase. I actually like a few of the UDFA’s signed as athletes who could legitimately make this team. So lets get this season started so we, as fans, can see how these chips have landed.
Problem with Hooker in Detroit is he's only 3 yrs younger than Goff. Hooker is 25, Goff is 28. Goff plays like he did last year and they make the playoffs, he's going to get resigned and Hooker is a backup

Texans were short a 3rd in 2024. It's about keeping a constant stream of new players, year to year.

In case a track meet breaks out in the middle of a football game. Iosivas would also have come in handy with that Princeton degree, helping tutor guys during finals.

Or just wait until Collins pulls a toenail.

You would prefer Luke Skywalker? Glad you're back, I needed the laughs.
Looking at that division , the winner going 10-7. I don't see a clear cut winner in that division honestly. The Browns can win that division as much as the Bengals , Ravens, or Steelers unless people think Watson will play as bad as he did last season which I don't. Jmo

DeMeco gambled in himself and gave the Cardinals their pick for a reason. He doesn’t see this team being worse than last year. Let’s just hope it pays off.
I think he had to. Can you imagine the backlash if he had kept the Texans pick "See Demeco even thinks this team won't be worth a damn!"

Last edited:
Looking at that division , the winner going 10-7. I don't see a clear cut winner in that division honestly. The Browns can win that division as much as the Bengals , Ravens, or Steelers unless people think Watson will play as bad as he did last season which I don't. Jmo

AFC North is going to be tough this season. All stout defenses. And if we’re ranking coaches there is a noticeable gap between Stefanski and the others.

I think Watson will get better. Can't get worse. But the Ravens have Lamar in full force with 2 shiny new weapons. The Steelers have improved at key positions. And the Bengals fixed their biggest hole (LT) and will keep rolling.

What have the Browns done? Lost a key RB. Got a new DC, but gave him no weapons to take pressure off Myles Garrett. The offense may improve some from 18th in the league, but the defense is 20th. A pipe dream that the Brown make the playoffs, much less win their division.

I think Watson will get better. Can't get worse. But the Ravens have Lamar in full force with 2 shiny new weapons. The Steelers have improved at key positions. And the Bengals fixed their biggest hole (LT) and will keep rolling.

What have the Browns done? Lost a key RB. Got a new DC, but gave him no weapons to take pressure off Myles Garrett. The offense may improve some from 18th in the league, but the defense is 20th. A pipe dream that the Brown make the playoffs, much less win their division.
Steelers qb is a ? Bengals lost entire secondary. Lamar can't stay healthy and neither can rest of team. All 4 teams have question marks. Remember how everyone on this board thought Skyy Moore was the truth? When was the last time OBJ had 1k yds and played a whole year? Browns drafted Tillman at wr, the Baylor nt , Jones from Ohio St at Rt, and the center posters had in the 2nd rd in the 6th rd. They had a very good draft with thr limited picks imo.

Last edited:
I think he had to. Can you imagine the backlash if he had kept the Texans pick "See Demeco even thinks this team won't be worth a damn!"

He didn't have too. He chose too,

We will have to live with his choices and hope for the best.

AFC North is going to be tough this season. All stout defenses. And if we’re ranking coaches there is a noticeable gap between Stefanski and the others.

That's going to be the narrative when they fire Stefanski and do what Derrick wants them to do as laid out in an earlier CnD post.

Back