Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2023 TEXANS DRAFT DISCUSSION

So two young guys at guard? Greene and one of these guys. I’m ok with it. Let ‘em learn. Hopefully they both have nasty mean streaks! IOL need to have that, “I’m gonna take your lunch money” attitude
The loser sits behind Mason next year. Or as backup to Greene not developing

The loser sits behind Mason next year. Or as backup to Greene not developing

Don’t go to sleep on Deiter. He was a pretty high pick who was a disappointment, but has some tools. He is also a G/C type. I’d favor him sticking on the 53 and possibly even starting while Juice gets up to speed, and the ND kid goes to the PS for now to be developed. Odd man out would appear to be Scott Q. Just an early guess but bring ‘em all to camp and let the best men win. Nice to see some real competition and talent at the interior spots.

Because they traded with the Eagles, who happen to be in the super bowl this year and are the favorite for the super bowl next year. That would be pick 96, before comp picks. Where are you getting a pick in the 80's? Must be Caserio logic.

Pick in the 80s: an appropriate value to place on the pick. It will be somewhere between 65-96. Eagles will be good, so it makes sense to value that pick somewhere in the back half of the round.

The last pick is a safety with freakish measurables, can't cover for ****, and loves hitting people to a Bob Sanders level. Perfect gunner.

Fastest 40 among safeties at combine. Total Frank Ross ST pick. Has physical traits waiting to be molded by the coaching staff. Good way to end the draft!

LZ’s strengths:

“ Physical traits and mentality are made for special teams.”

Fastest 40 among safeties at combine. Total Frank Ross ST pick. Has physical traits waiting to be molded by the coaching staff. Good way to end the draft!

LZ’s strengths:

“ Physical traits and mentality are made for special teams.”
This website ranks him @247.

The Texans got a good deal here. :brando: :)

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Brandon-Hill-DB-Pittsburgh

First guy I didn’t know at all, but wow that speed. If he can’t cover, that explains the draft slot, and if your looking for a gunner and all around st stud, this is the perfect place to look in the draft. Time will tell but no reason not to like this Frank Ross special.

Good draft guys. This is perhaps the most cohesive draft we’ve had. Most drafts it just seems like darts on a board, without any particular rhyme or reason. This was very well-planned and executed. Time will tell as far as results, but I’m encouraged that this team now seems to have a true direction and a plan. And other than the ND center, something new…no major injury concern guys. Fantastic! Early grade for me is B+.

I know this, the Rockets and Stros won championships by doing exactly what you dont want the Texans to do. But I'm not going to change your mind.

This draft looks like Caserio is drafting for his job and doesn't really care about next yr. Which is sad because the 2024 draft is loaded.
Whats so loaded about next years draft?

Back