Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Ben Johnson

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ejiro Evero

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
It wasn't just you and Corrosion, but you know this. We were all shocked that he went at 10
There was supposedly a trade in place at #6 according to CnD and RS at the last minute decided to nix the trade and instead waited to trade for Derrick. Much to the disdain of BOB/Scouts, You saw the Pic in the war room where RS looked to be the only guy happy in the room. BTW, we haven't heard much of RS bragging about hitting on the Derrick pick lately. Wonder why?

There was supposedly a trade in place at #6 according to CnD and RS at the last minute decided to nix the trade and instead waited to trade for Derrick. Much to the disdain of BOB/Scouts, You saw the Pic in the war room where RS looked to be the only guy happy in the room. BTW, we haven't heard much of RS bragging about hitting on the Derrick pick lately. Wonder why?
And you know this trade to #6 was not known at the time. I was as upset as anyone

I believe in taking calculated gambles.

Gambling on a under 6'0 QB, 200 Lbs QB isn't a good bet.

Stroud- Good luck with drafting an Ohio St. QB. If you think that's a good gamble, let me introduce you to Haskins/Fields.

Levis- Simply don't like the fact that he forces throws too often.
Stroud is vastly different from any other OSU QB that's entered the draft or that I've ever watched. I've brought up the OSU QB curse many times. Stroud is far and away better than any of the others. My only real knock on him, after watching several of his games, is his limited record. I like to see more starts in a QB than Stroud has. Other than that, he shows good vision, accuracy, and throws with anticipation. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but it's more than adequate to make any pass in the NFL. I like Stroud over Young for one reason: size. Stroud has an NFL frame. Young does not.
Levis reminds me very much of Josh Allen. Cannon arm, suspect accuracy and overconfidence in his ability to force the ball into tight windows.
For the record. I would draft Stroud at 1.2 and let Mills take us into next season as the starter until Stroud shows he can handle the speed of the NFL. I am not a fan of starting rookie QBs right away. Too much difference between college & pro players and schemes. I also wouldn't be against bringing Jimmy G and letting him be the bridge QB if Ryans is hired as the HC and brings in a WCO disciple of the Shannahan tree.
I would then spend every other draft pick fortifying the OL and front 7 on D. Build to win in the trenches then start picking up the skill players. And for the love of God, don't draft another TE!!! Unless he has an injury list longer than his games played. :kitten:

This is the best you could come up with after somebody disagrees with you that there isn't a franchise QB in this draft.

You can say this about any play we discuss.

You: I like player A

Me: I dont like player a because of height/weight/speed and dont think he skillset will win championships in the NFL.

You: Your not a scout, you dont know what you're looking at, you have an agenda etc...

Truth is I look at history and try to predict the chances of success, just like the scouts do and have no agendas.

Man, it would be an interesting study to see how one sees themselves and their arguments vs how others see those.

We all have blind spots, and I think most arguments that get personal around here are because we're too blind to see our own shortcomings and biases.

P.S. Not picking on you, steel, or anyone else specifically. Just trying to make an observation.

Stroud is vastly different from any other OSU QB that's entered the draft or that I've ever watched. I've brought up the OSU QB curse many times. Stroud is far and away better than any of the others. My only real knock on him, after watching several of his games, is his limited record. I like to see more starts in a QB than Stroud has. Other than that, he shows good vision, accuracy, and throws with anticipation. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but it's more than adequate to make any pass in the NFL. I like Stroud over Young for one reason: size. Stroud has an NFL frame. Young does not.
Levis reminds me very much of Josh Allen. Cannon arm, suspect accuracy and overconfidence in his ability to force the ball into tight windows.
For the record. I would draft Stroud at 1.2 and let Mills take us into next season as the starter until Stroud shows he can handle the speed of the NFL. I am not a fan of starting rookie QBs right away. Too much difference between college & pro players and schemes. I also wouldn't be against bringing Jimmy G and letting him be the bridge QB if Ryans is hired as the HC and brings in a WCO disciple of the Shannahan tree.
I would then spend every other draft pick fortifying the OL and front 7 on D. Build to win in the trenches then start picking up the skill players. And for the love of God, don't draft another TE!!! Unless he has an injury list longer than his games played. :kitten:

I see Stroud in the same light as Goff/Carr at best.

I'm for adding a center in FA and drafting an C/OG in the 3rd. Then adding playmakers.

1-2. QB
1-12. Hyatt - fastest WR in draft.
2-32. Drew Sanders LB who can drop down to edge in pass rush situations. Also a perfect fit with Harris at LB.
2-47 Devon Achane- Fastest RB in draft. Pick gotten through trading Cooks and pick 4- 103
3-64. Avila. Strongest center in draft. Unless a ZBS system coach is brought in. Then Wypler.

A draft with a mix of Speed and building the trenches.

I'm really looking forward to watching the OL/DL at the Sr. Bowl this yr.
3-73. Keodre Coburn- Bring the big run stuffing DT home.

Why? I can be an internet GM like the rest of you, so I'm good.
I’m not on here talking down any player and saying who I won’t take. I don’t have any specific agenda and I most definitely don’t act like I know more than a GM or scout. You will never read a comment from me saying this player is not worthy, or there’s not a franchise quarterback in this draft. Why, because I don’t know that.

I'm for adding a center in FA and drafting an C/OG in the 3rd. Then adding playmakers.

1-2. QB
2-32. Drew Sanders LB who can drop down to edge in pass rush situations. Also a perfect fit with Harris at LB.
2-47 Devon Achane- Fastest RB in draft. Pick gotten through trading Cooks and pick 4- 103
3-64. Avila. Strongest center in draft. Unless a ZBS system coach is brought in. Then Wypler.

You thought Goff was the second coming of Joe Montana when he was drafted.

1-2. QB

Still steel, Carr would be a substantial upgrade over Mills. If we can start to build a team around him, he can be our best QB we have had here in Houston.

You thought Goff was the second coming of Joe Montana when he was drafted.
I was very high on Goff coming out. He had great accuracy and poise. He was starting in the PAC12 as an 18 year old, and playing well. He was in the Super Bowl in his 3rd year, Pro Bowl in his 2nd.

But, he took a lot of hits in McVay's offense in LA. By year 4, Goff was checking down more. His sack % went down, but so did his yards per attempt. That's when he got on the wrong side of McVay and you began to hear questions about his toughness. In 2020 (year 5), Goff broke his thumb on his throwing hand late in the year in a loss vs Seattle. The backup led the Rams to victory in the last game of the regular season, clinching the playoffs.

In the wildcard game vs Seattle, Goff replaced the backup and the Rams won. Goff started and played the entire game in the divisional round loss in Green Bay.

But by then, McVay and Goff's relationship had been fractured. The Rams swapped with the Lions, sending Matt Stafford to LA. Stafford had the reputation for standing in the pocket to get the ball downfield regardless of the punishment.

Fast forward to 2022, and Goff's sack % is cut nearly in half from the year before. And Goff's yards/completion, TDs, and QB rating goes up. And does the Lions victory total. It's not a mystery. Protect your QB and you have a chance to win games in the NFL.

Young or Stroud. This is the only debate with having, and there's another thread for that. One of these guys will be our new signal caller. Everything else is just fodder...some just plain nuts like keeping the 32nd-best QB as the starter next year.

Young or Stroud. This is the only debate with having, and there's another thread for that. One of these guys will be our new signal caller. Everything else is just fodder...some just plain nuts like keeping the 32nd-best QB as the starter next year.
I believe that as well. It’s going to piss off the usual suspects. So we can get ready for the fire Caserio on every thread. We can look forward to some saying Cal made that call/pick. The senseless name calling from people well over 50. But call them out their names and all hell will break loose. And they will message the Mods complaining about how you just called them out of their screen name.
This forum will be lit. It’s going to be fun and exciting too because we actually have something to cheer about. The future will look bright. Hopefully this time Cal and company doesn’t murk this up again.

Last edited:
How much impact should the conference championship games have bearing on who is the next Texan Football Coach?

After these past two years, I'm just happy Texans are after legitimate & more qualified candidates.

How much impact should the conference championship games have bearing on who is the next Texan Football Coach?

After these past two years, I'm just happy Texans are after legitimate & more qualified candidates.
I think it might have some impact. Honestly my top 3 are Ryans, Gannon, and Steichen. I’d be happy with any of them. The conference championship will provide more information on how their teams perform and how they’re coached. Ultimately I’m looking forward to see where this new coaching staff takes the team.

I'm more and more inclined towards Ryans being the HC. One thing no one has questioned about Ryans is his ability to lead men. H
I think it might have some impact. Honestly my top 3 are Ryans, Gannon, and Steichen. I’d be happy with any of them. The conference championship will provide more information on how their teams perform and how they’re coached. Ultimately I’m looking forward to see where this new coaching staff takes the team.
The good news is that there are currently only 4 HC openings right now, so the odds are favorable the Texans can land one of those three.

Interesting question. I think Ryans and Steichen are the only ones who can improve their stock. If SF holds PH to under 20, Ryans looks better. If PH puts up three or more TDs, Steichen looks better. Gannon, I think, is the only one who can't improve his positioning due to Purdy being a 7th round rookie. Getting blown out could certainly make him look worse.

I’m not on here talking down any player and saying who I won’t take. I don’t have any specific agenda and I most definitely don’t act like I know more than a GM or scout. You will never read a comment from me saying this player is not worthy, or there’s not a franchise quarterback in this draft. Why, because I don’t know that.
You just degradate others opinions. You don't talk down players, although you have, you just talk down others opinions, like only your opinion had any relevance.

You don't have any specific agenda? That's laughable. Your agenda seems to be to prove that you are right, and we are wrong. You like the QB's in this draft, I don't. If one of these QB's are taken, I'll support them, but I still would rather have someone else.

You may not like my opinion, but you are the one that is acting like a dick, and trying to cut down our opinion. We don't call you out about your opinion, we just give ours. Get over it.

You just degradate others opinions. You don't talk down players, although you have, you just talk down others opinions, like only your opinion had any relevance.

You don't have any specific agenda? That's laughable. Your agenda seems to be to prove that you are right, and we are wrong. You like the QB's in this draft, I don't. If one of these QB's are taken, I'll support them, but I still would rather have someone else.

You may not like my opinion, but you are the one that is acting like a dick, and trying to cut down our opinion. We don't call you out about your opinion, we just give ours. Get over it.
Now we have to result into childish drivel . I would go there but I’m going to respect the rules of this forum. Dude you can move around and don’t respond to any of my post. Better yet Block/ignore

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB
Well, after the SB we will have our answers as to the new HC and the drivel will comtinue from a new source, scheme, OC, DC does NC think he is pretty, was he the right pick......

If forums avoided drivel my post count would be two and "Welcome David Carr" would still be on the homepage.

You are literally describing giving up "valuable picks" so you either don't think those picks are valuable or didn't understand my point. Carry on...
I would be more than willing to give up multiple picks to get one of the top 2024 QB's. They're worth the price IMHO.

Everything should be done with the idea of drafting a QB in 2024. If that means trading down and accumulating more 1st rd picks, then so be it.

They’re worthy lol. Man they’re getting a quarterback in this years draft. They’re not waiting until 2024 all because that’s what a few experts fans want.

OK there's a man with a plan: Dunno if it's the right plan, or actually it in fact may be the kinda plan that could send us off on the right path ? Detailed, very specific. Thanks DocBar !

They’re worthy lol. Man they’re getting a quarterback in this years draft. They’re not waiting until 2024 all because that’s what a few experts fans want.
They have to. Mills has not done enough to cement himself as a starter. Too inaccurate. And I am a fan of his. Caserio wouldn’t be able to survive passing on Young or Stroud.

You do realize that the Texans could do everything you've suggested, and still not get a top QB prospect in 2024, right?

I would rather take my chances doing what I suggested, rather than take a chance drafting a QB in this draft.

Agreed, this is what they're going to do.

Is it what they should do is the question? My opinion is nope.

Your opinion is yes, will they win more games next yr? yes they will and they will be more entertaining. That's what you've already said you want. The ultimate goal of winning a championship isn't a priority for you, this mindset is why this franchise has stunk for the last 2 decades. The McNair's have always shared your vision.

Back