Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2019 Texans free agency

I am throughly disguised with how the Texans have run their free agency . They show no desire to win or at best improve their team. I am not upset about Kareem where as he only plays in contract years ... so far that is 2 out of 10. But Jean James. The trade for osemele. No attention to the online. And not trying to make Watson better. In fact who cares about his rookie contract. At the rate the Texans are going g he’s going to be destroyed before they ever get this. So mad I cannot even say. Let’s draft. Few more Davenport silofilo pos and call it a day.

So now we have to replace KJ1 and the Honey Badger, plus CB and OL. What a joke, headed to 3rd or 4th place in the AFCS again.

Yeah, especially with the Jags getting Foles now this division is way to difficult to be farting around like this. They need to be making trades or doing something else to free up cap space to build up this roster better. You get worse if you aren't getting better. Luckily the Colts haven't done squat so far either which surprises me.

Not the way I see it. Two primo picks PLUS a starting safety to get rid of a headache.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They won big time on this now. It was a horrifically dumb contract from the start having to deal with a head case like Odell. I said that the minute it happened, and giving a guy like that a contract when you don't even have a good QB situation is begging for problems with that said investment. Now they got great draft picks to build the team back up, freed up all of that missing cap space where they could sign 3 fairly good receivers or 2 really good ones, or whatever they want. They also don't have the head case diva WR anymore. Giants did great with this.

Yeah, especially with the Jags getting Foles now this division is way to difficult to be farting around like this. They need to be making trades or doing something else to free up cap space to build up this roster better. You get worse if you aren't getting better. Luckily the Colts haven't done squat so far either which surprises me.

Listening to their GM talking building through the draft etc is pretty much Gaine replay tape.

Listening to their GM talking building through the draft etc is pretty much Gaine replay tape.

I know I've heard this "build through the draft" mantra before. Most aim for it and fail.

Need a good mix of

Draft
free agency
Resigning current players
The occasional trade
Coaches to develop your talent

Ummm, ugh. Looking at you kirby.

So far through free agency we're younger and cheaper.

Dont think we're better.

Chiefs get Dee Ford for a freaking 2020 2nd? GOD DAMN IT I WANTED HIM SO BADLY! Should have traded clowney for two 2's or a 1 and a 2, used one on Ford and upgraded a position of need or grouped picks to move up even further.

The Chiefs traded Ford to San Fran. You wrote it backwards. I'm guessing that was by accident.

Reactions: JB
Bill O'Brien probably remembers a game where he shut down our TEs, couldn't scheme around the guy. Had to have him. Kinda like that chicken & shrimps dude he thought ran for 100 yards against us.

Lol I thought it was 200 yards against the pats when he was still there,

This is how O'Brien drafts too. He fell in love with one of the Jordan TEs at the senior bowl and had to reach for hiim in the draft. It's also why he traded 3 picks for Jaelen Strong.

Last edited:
As jealous as we and so many others are on the apparent Cleveland turnaround, theres 1 name I don't hear mentioned and he set it up...

Sashi Brown

2nd year qb who has dont nothing in nfl. 2 wrs who has done nothing in playoffs. Hunt has his problems. don't see any winners on them, and browns will miss playoffs again. lol

Looking toward to seeing what happens with the Browns.

I know I've heard this "build through the draft" mantra before. Most aim for it and fail.

Need a good mix of

Draft
free agency
Resigning current players
The occasional trade
Coaches to develop your talent

Ummm, ugh. Looking at you kirby.

So far through free agency we're younger and cheaper.

Dont think we're better.
COACHES TO DEVELOP YOUR RALENT?? What is that???

Before anyone else calls me on it, Kareem kicked as in the passes defenses stat, so ignore everything I say on this subject.
Food for thought. McLane in a recent interview stated that people don't think about it, but when a cornerback tallies up a bunch of pass defenses, it could herald the fact that quarterbacks recognize that he is relatively weak and favors his side to pass to...... and likewise when a cornerback has less pass defenses, it may mean that the quarterback respects him more and tries to pass away from him.

Food for thought. McLane in a recent interview stated that people don't think about it, but when a cornerback tallies up a bunch of pass defenses, it could herald the fact that quarterbacks recognize that he is relatively weak and favors his side to pass to...... and likewise when a cornerback has less pass defenses, it may mean that the quarterback respects him more and tries to pass away from him.

The Revis island effect. More to CBS then stats.

Also wonder if Texans forgot they got they ass beat and embarrassed on national TV by the colts. That game alone should've sparked them to be very aggressive in FA as you can't address our entire problems in the draft.

They dont care about that.

The Giants weren't winning with Beckham. They're definitely rebuilding and drafting a QB. 3 young players and cap room is a great start.

It took a lot of losing before the Browns were in a position to make a move like this. Let's see if they can make it pay off.

Which veterans are the Texans winning with? Which of the veterans or stars on the roster are going to lead this team to the AFCCG? Better yet......is the HC and his staff good enough to get the Texans to the AFCCG?

Which veterans are the Texans winning with? Which of the veterans or stars on the roster are going to lead this team to the AFCCG? Better yet......is the HC and his staff good enough to get the Texans to the AFCCG?

:confused:

I don't see that the post you quoted mentioned the Texans at all? Why quote that one?

I’d lay a bet on the Browns winning a SB next year if I was in Vegas. Cleveland will win a SB before we ever will
FYI Browns been around since the middle of the 20th century while Texans new on the scene. I think the Texans are doing aleast as well as the guys in Clevaland.

I was curious about why Alonzo Highsmith chose to leave Green Bay for a position in Cleveland. Looks like he was he saw a challenge that could be quite fruitful.

Love Alonzo, hopefully his great work at Cleveland opens up a GM job for him.

Alonzo is just a great human being. I hope he and Wolf get GM jobs after Cleveland does what I think they are going to do the year.

Watson, Watt, Hopkins, Clowney (maybe) ...Any of those dudes wake some Sunday as the best player on the planet at their position...the key is for all of them to play well collectively and drag the ship (including the coaching staff), imo, they were the number 1 reason for 11-5 so they will be the reason for anything beyond that.

Watson, Watt, Hopkins, Clowney (maybe) ...Any of those dudes wake some Sunday as the best player on the planet at their position...the key is for all of them to play well collectively and drag the ship (including the coaching staff), imo, they were the number 1 reason for 11-5 so they will be the reason for anything beyond that.

Unless Gaine nails the draft they wont finish .500 this yr.

Lets revisit this post after week 12 or 13.

Unless Gaine nails the draft they wont finish .500 this yr.

Lets revisit this post after week 12 or 13.

Wasn't making a prediction that they would, but that's who of it IF true success happens. No prediction until the summer and then revise during the preseason. There is a lot of free agency, draft and off-season workouts for me to be skeptical about until then

Wasn't making a prediction that they would, but that's who of it IF true success happens. No prediction until the summer and then revise during the preseason. There is a lot of free agency, draft and off-season workouts for me to be skeptical about until then

They are going to have some combination of Davenport/Henderson/Draft pick playing OT positions this yr. That doesn't bode well for the Texans next yr, or Watson's long term health for that matter, particularly with this schedule.

The Texans played with fire last yr with Davenport/Lamm at LT. This yr is the yr they get burned unless they draft a rookie at LT that can play at a high level week 1. which is unlikely at best.

soooo this is where we are, right?

Additions:
J.D. Clowney, - tagged
T. Gibson, S - signed. "terms not disclosed" hmmmm
B. Roby, CB - signed ex-Bronco to replace ex-Texan who went to Broncos (but it's not really a "trade")

Subtractions:
T.Mathieu, S - off to KC.
K. Jackson, CB/S - off to Denver

Have I missed anyone?

soooo this is where we are, right?

Additions:
J.D. Clowney, - tagged
T. Gibson, S - signed. "terms not disclosed" hmmmm
B. Roby, CB - signed ex-Bronco to replace ex-Texan who went to Broncos (but it's not really a "trade")

Subtractions:
T.Mathieu, S - off to KC.
K. Jackson, CB/S - off to Denver

Have I missed anyone?

That's it and the OL still sucks

Back