Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

I appreciate you guys making my pick for me. Sorry about that.

If I also have the first pick in the 7th, and you are waiting on my, I'll take that OLB, Lutrus.......

81718ede87c2411.jpg

Green Bay has made their selection. Let's finish what we started guys.

7th Rd.

193.) Green Bay - Scott Lutrus, ILB, UCONN

194.) Detroit Lions - David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

195.) Buffalo Bills - Ryan McMahon, C, Florida State

196.) Cincinnati Benglas -

197.) New York Jets -

198.) Seattle Seahawks -

199.) Atlanta Falcons -

200.) San Francisco 49ers -

201.) Tennessee Titans -

202.) Washington Redskins -

203.) Houston Texans -

Last edited:
i've been ready to select for the lions, but super mario said earlier to just finish the packers pick for the 6th round and call it which is why I haven't picked yet.

I understand, it's very difficult to follow such an awesome musical pick like mine.

With the second pick of the final round of the Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

davidarkin_display_image.jpg

David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

The Lions take a flyer on a late round small school prospect from Missouri St. The senior guard has a mean streak that can't be taught and the physical attributes that will allow him to flourish on the inside of the Lions offensive line.

2011 Detroit Lions Mock Draft
13. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
44. Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
75. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
106. K.J. Wright, LB, Mississippi State
151. Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
178. Ronald Johnson, WR, Southern California
194. David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

Draft Review: The Lions are ecstatic with their haul from this years draft. They envision at least 3 or 4 starters from the first couple of picks with the possibility of even more contributing. They are extremely happy with their late round picks, who they feel will show themselves to be steals in comparison to their draft value.

With the second pick of the final round of the Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

davidarkin_display_image.jpg

David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

The Lions take a flyer on a late round small school prospect from Missouri St. The senior guard has a mean streak that can't be taught and the physical attributes that will allow him to flourish on the inside of the Lions offensive line.

2011 Detroit Lions Mock Draft
13. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
44. Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
75. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
106. K.J. Wright, LB, Mississippi State
151. Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
178. Ronald Johnson, WR, Southern California
194. David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

Draft Review: The Lions are ecstatic with their haul from this years draft. They envision at least 3 or 4 starters from the first couple of picks with the possibility of even more contributing. They are extremely happy with their late round picks, who they feel will show themselves to be steals in comparison to their draft value.

Real nice draft there for the Lions. I like Constanzo to help keep Stafford on his feet. Bruce Carter is a hell of a linebacker, maybe the most instinctive in this draft. Patrick I don't know. K.J. Wright is a stout linebacker that should be nice depth.

The Buffalo Bills select...

C Ryan McMahon

5855025.jpeg

The Bills hope to be seeing this image in years to come, except wearing blue.

Ryan McMahon should help boost that interior line depth that the Bills need. He started every game for FSU since the first game of his redshirt freshman year. That 53 consecutive game streak is a school record.

This concludes the Buffalo Bills draft.

Round 1 (3): DE/DT Marcel Dareus
Round 2 (34): DE Adrian Clayborn
Round 3 (68): QB Christian Ponder
Round 4 (99): DT/NT Sione Fua
Round 4 (121): LB Casey Matthews (edit: I put Clay at first :shrug:)
Round 5 (130): TE Lance Kendricks
Round 6 (164): WR Jeremy Kerley
Round 7 (195): C Ryan McMahon

The Bills were able to address their biggest need, the front 7. Their run defense was atrocious last year, but with these young players that should improve. Christian Ponder should compete for the starting job with Fitzgerald pretty quickly. Fua and Matthews were purely for depth. Kendricks should be on the field almost immediately, and Kerley can atleast make that Bills roster. McMahon should also compete and win a roster spot.

Last edited:
Real nice draft there for the Lions. I like Constanzo to help keep Stafford on his feet. Bruce Carter is a hell of a linebacker, maybe the most instinctive in this draft. Patrick I don't know. K.J. Wright is a stout linebacker that should be nice depth.

thanks man, I'm pumped with the players I picked up.. also, your draft is phenomenal. I think dareus is going #1 overall, and then clayborn/ponder/fua as your next three picks are all excellent value. the kerley pick is great too, I really like him.

C Ryan McMahon

5855025.jpeg

Ryan McMahon should help boost that interior line depth that the Bills need. He started every game for FSU since the first game of his redshirt freshman year. That 53 consecutive game streak is a school record.

The Bills were able to address their biggest need, the front 7. Their run defense was atrocious last year, but with these young players that should improve. Christian Ponder should compete for the starting job with Fitzgerald pretty quickly. Fua and Matthews were purely for depth. Kendricks should be on the field almost immediately, and Kerley can atleast make that Bills roster. McMahon should also compete and win a roster spot.

think I made that call a round or two ago seems like you knew he would still be there for you in the 7th. Kinda reminds me a little of Myers which would be a heck of a good value. Getting both Dareus & Clayborn would be amazing. I've seen Ponder moving up draft boards, good use of your seminole roots :pirate:

C Ryan McMahon

5855025.jpeg

Great draft

The Bills could only hope the draft would fall this way.

Of course if it did they would probably still find a way to screw it up.

I thought the Pack had 2 consecutive picks and they've only made the one to end the 6th.

EDIT: Ooops. Sorry, my bad. I missed a pick. I didn't realize the Friday pick was for real.

I was gonna say how could you forget that epic set-up? I think it sent Mario over the edge :worldpeace:

The Cincinnati Bengals owner has given approval to let the teams Beerlover make the 7th & final selection in the 2011 NFL Draft. So without further ado Bengals selection #196 - Willie Smith OT East Carolina (ECU) 6050 310

081010FootballPractice1_2.jpg

Shaft75 & Co. have done a fine job addressing needs, adding a quality swing tackle seems bout the best option here with big Willie still on the board.

1. AJ Green, WR
  2. Ryan Mallett, QB
  3. Christian Ballard, DT/DE
  4. Jurrell Casey, DT/NT
  5. Joe Lefeged, SS
  6. Cortez Allen, CB
  7. Willie Smith, OT

Nick Folk is scary bad. So the New York jets select Kicker, Kai Forbath UCLA.

This concludes the Jets draft.

1. Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

2. None

3. Demarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

4. Terrence Toliver, WR, Louisiana State

5. Jah Reid, OT, Central Florida

6. Taylor Potts, QB, Texas Tech

7. Kai Forbath UCLA, K

Last edited:
With the 198th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select....

Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford.

A 4.49 guy with a 37 inch vertical at 6'2" and 194 pounds.

fbc-stanford-art-gipb2vuc-1stanford-california-football-jpeg-0cd82-large.jpg

According to my board, he should have gone at least a round and a half ago. With the weakness of Seattle's secondary, this guy could actually get some PT.

The Seahawks have one more pick.

Nick Folk is scary bad. So the New York jets select Kicker, Kai Forbath UCLA.

This concludes the Jets draft.

1. Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

2. None

3. Demarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

4. Terrence Toliver, WR, Louisiana State

5. Jah Reid, OT, Central Florida

6. Taylor Potts, QB, Texas Tech

7. Kai Forbath UCLA, K

That's a nice draft for the Jets.

With the 198th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select....

Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford.

A 4.49 guy with a 37 inch vertical at 6'2" and 194 pounds.

fbc-stanford-art-gipb2vuc-1stanford-california-football-jpeg-0cd82-large.jpg

According to my board, he should have gone at least a round and a half ago. With the weakness of Seattle's secondary, this guy could actually get some PT.

The Seahawks have one more pick.

Great pick

I'm kinda hoping Sherman ends up on the Texans.

199.) Atlanta Falcons -

201.) Tennessee Titans -

203.) Houston Texans -

If I was picking for Atlanta Jeff Tarpinian OLB Iowa would be the pick.

Tarpinian ran a 4.48 at 6'2 235. He's a very good player who has had injuries the past couple of seasons. But at this point in the draft He's worth the risk. IMHO

He has the ability to be a great ST guy and maybe even a starter if the Falcons hit the jackpot.

Next up on my board would be Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii.

I don't have Tarpinian ranked this high... otoh, I've got him listed as an ILB instead of an OLB and I see his pro-day 40 as 4.56. The next ILB on my list is Mike Mohamed from Cal. The next "pure" OLB would either be JT Thomas from West Virginia or maybe Doug Hogue from Syracuse. For a pass rusher, I'd go Ugo Chinasa from OK State.

Next up on my board would be Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii.

I don't have Tarpinian ranked this high... otoh, I've got him listed as an ILB instead of an OLB and I see his pro-day 40 as 4.56. The next ILB on my list is Mike Mohamed from Cal. The next "pure" OLB would either be JT Thomas from West Virginia or maybe Doug Hogue from Syracuse. For a pass rusher, I'd go Ugo Chinasa from OK State.

Salas would be a good value at a position of need. He can definitely make the team and contribute as a slot guy and on ST's I forgot about Salas and would be on board with picking him. Anybody that can make a team in the 7th rd. is a good pick. IMHO

Tarpinian on NFP says he ran between 4.48 and 4.55.

On NFL.com it says he ran between 4.56 and 4.57. There's so much conflicting info out there.

All of them are good times though.

Carolina Panthers - Steelbtexan
Bengals - Group Pick
Cardinals - Kiwitexansfan
Atlanta Falcons - Group Pick.
New York Giants - Group Pick.

Bengals - Group Pick

that doesn't jive with copy & paste (off selection list) -

199.) Atlanta Falcons -
201.) Tennessee Titans -
203.) Houston Texans -
204.) Minnesota Vikings -
205.) St. Louis Rams -
206.) Miami Dolphins -
207.) Miami Dolphins -
208.) Oakland Raiders -
209.) Dallas Cowboys -
210.) New York Giants -

Round 7
Green Bay - from Carolina (2-14)
Detroit - from Denver (4-12)
Buffalo (4-12)
Cincinnati (4-12)
New York Jets - from Arizona (5-11)
Seattle - from Cleveland (5-11)

Atlanta - from Detroit (6-10)
San Francisco (6-10)
Tennessee (6-10)
Washington (6-10)
Houston (6-10)
Minnesota (6-10)
St. Louis (7-9)
Miami (7-9)
Miami - from Jacksonville (8-8)
Oakland (8-8)
Dallas - from San Diego (9-7)
New York Giants (10-6)
Tampa Bay (10-6)
Kansas City* (10-6)
Washington - from Indianapolis* (10-6)
Baltimore - from Philadelphia* (10-6)
New Orleans* (11-5)
Philadelphia - from Seattle* (7-9)
St. Louis - from Baltimore* (12-4)
Atlanta* (13-3)
Atlanta - from New England* (14-2)
Chicago* (11-5)
San Francisco - from Detroit via New York Jets* (11-5)
Pittsburgh* (12-4)
Green Bay* (10-6)

Last edited:
Bengals - Group Pick

This is simply a list of teams that I know are either group picks or the original GM dropped and now being picked by someone else. Not draft order or anything. Sorry I wasnt clear about that.

Salas should be the pick.

Do you want me to make a pick for Carolina?

I thought I was through with both of my teams picks.

Salas should be the pick.

Do you want me to make a pick for Carolina?

I thought I was through with both of my teams picks.

with the 199th selection in our way way way, way too long NFL TexansTalk.com board Mock the Atlanta Falcons add Greg Salas, WR Hawaii 6012 214

103808330_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
200.) San Francisco 49ers - on the clock-
201.) Tennessee Titans -
203.) Houston Texans -
204.) Minnesota Vikings -
205.) St. Louis Rams -
206.) Miami Dolphins -
207.) Miami Dolphins -
208.) Oakland Raiders -
209.) Dallas Cowboys -
210.) New York Giants -

I have the pick for the 49ers and he is still on the board, but the pick list was for a round or two ago, so should I make the pick or no?

The 49ers select via PM...

Jason Kelce, Center, Cinncinati

David Baas has been injured at times and as far as I know, he has been moved to the guard position. Regradless, Kelce fills a need.

From NFL.com:

Kelce has great mobility for an interior offensive lineman. Can mirror and stick with quick pass-rushes. Exhibits good instincts in pass protection. Can pick up the blitz and knows when the help. Has the potential to be a good zone blocker and productive on the second level or out in space. Good motor.

He needs to bulk up as he weighs in at 280-lbs and work on getting to the second level.

7th Round

197). NY Jets - Kai Forbath, K, UCLA.
198). Seattle Seahawks - Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford.
199.) Atlanta Falcons - Greg Salas, WR Hawaii
200.) San Francisco 49ers - Jason Kelce, Center, Cinncinati
201.) Tennessee Titans - Da'Norris Searcy, SS, North Carolina

202.) Washington Redskins - (Trap_Star) -
203.) Houston Texans - (Ndevine7) -
204.) Minnesota Vikings - (JCTexan) -
205.) St. Louis Rams -(Texan4Ever) -
206.) Miami Dolphins - (kiwitexansfan) -
207.) Miami Dolphins - (kiwitexansfan) -
208.) Oakland Raiders - (Kulluminatii) -
209.) Dallas Cowboys - (Beerlover) -
210.) New York Giants - (BigBull17) -

I think Searcy will make a solid SS in the NFL. Maybe not a Pro Bowler but a solid guy you can count on.

I would risk a 4th or 5th on him actually. People might laugh and call that a reach, but when he is still holding down the SS spot 8-10 years later people won't really remember you "reaching" on him.

I think Searcy will make a solid SS in the NFL. Maybe not a Pro Bowler but a solid guy you can count on.

I would risk a 4th or 5th on him actually. People might laugh and call that a reach, but when he is still holding down the SS spot 8-10 years later people won't really remember you "reaching" on him.

nobody's gonna laugh, the talent pool seems really deep all the way into the 7th rd. maybe not all that great @ the top but as you noticed & others who participated in TexansTalk Member Mock Draft, we're learning more & more about the quality around College game as they project to the next level in their football careers.

Not heard anything from Trap so another group pick (Washington Redskins)?

Trap_Star has had few picks so he may have just become disengaged from this whole scene, but what he has accomplished is worthy of a solid pick. He landed Cameron Jordan in the first, just ahead of the Texans, then WR Jonathan Baldwin in 2nd followed by Safety Chris Conte 5th & OLB Thomas Keiser in 6th.

Might be tempted to throw a QB in the mix or go with interior NT/NG since they have converted over to a 3-4 also & need the same things as Texans?

Back