Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2010 Texans Schedule

Schaub knew it was a fumble. He was in hurry up/spike the ball mode trying to set up his team. I've never seen Schaub walking off the field more agitated when the clock was stopped like that. He knew it was a fumble.

Kubiak needs to trust in his QB a little more. Team's in good hands with Schaub out there. If you see him panicking amd trying to set up for the spike, you question him later. Get it done first. If Schaub wants a timeout, he'll call one.

A deplorable move that's 100% on Kubiak.

I totally agree with you about Schaub and the freedom/trust he should be given. Also, I agree that it was Kubiak's responsibility to get that ball spiked. I'm only arguing with SH that it wasn't out of fear of Peyton that he risked the fumble. He simply didn't think it was an issue. Regarding Schaub's behavior, I'm pretty sure he assumed Schaub was just being too aggressive with the clock management in the 2 minute offense. He had no idea Schaub was trying to avoid an instant replay.

Regarding Schaub's behavior, I'm pretty sure he assumed Schaub was just being too aggressive with the clock management in the 2 minute offense. He had no idea Schaub was trying to avoid an instant replay.

Is there anything to say he was trying to avoid an instant replay? Looked to me at the time like he was just trying to get another play off before the two minute warning.

Wait... that means we'll need to come up with new arguments and threads to merge? Great. Just great.

:fans:

coming up with new things to argue about won't be a challange for the folks that hang on this board. Arguing in the face of facts is also quite common, so I might have been a bit premature in my post. :lol:

:stirpot:

Honestly, this schedule pisses me off less than the previous two we've had. I like opening against a familiar team, and I don't believe any of the NFC East teams are "unbeatable" for us. The Eagles are going to look completely different, but the Skins are now run by a very familiar regime. That leaves Dallas, who looks the strongest, but will have OL woes, and the Giants who's defense turned into a liability last season.
The AFC West is basically a joke except for San Diego, who have a worse running game than we do. Denver can be dangerous but they are getting rid of their offensive talent. If the Raiders get rid of Russell then yeah they might have something, and KC is is still figuring out what they are.
We play both SD and Dallas at home, which might give us an edge, and we play the Jets later in the season (maybe Kris Jenkins is out again for his seasonal sabbatical?). The Ravens weren't the defense they used to be without Ryan last year, and this works to our andvantage.

With that it will ultimately come down to how they open the season.

then get some people around you that are worth a damn. even a retarded monkey knew that was a fumble.

oh and schaub knew it was too.....but it was more important to take 10 seconds off the clock

even having the chance of a 1st and goal is more important than 10 seconds off the clock..
deplorable move and there is no way you can spin it
kubiak lost me with that play...and we lost the game

So same goes for Colts staff as well because they didnt see it either?? And where is this quote from Schaub saying he "knew" it was a fumble? As has been stated already... it looked to me he was in not in any frantic hurry and at the most was simply trying to get off another play before the 2 min warning.

Heck, the fumble ITSELF was up for much debate in the way it was called after the challenge. It was all in the media on if the Texans were screwed by the actual call that it was a fumble considering the Colts players leg was out of bounds... yada, yada, yada.

And the ACTUAL FUMBLE by Moats is what cost the friggin game... lets reality check this a bit.

7-9.
I just can't see us improving with that schedule. The NFC west was a gift to us last year, along with the AFC east. We went 6-2 in those divisional games.

A gift we took care of biznas with we went 3-1 in the NFC west and almost beat the Cards

And if we go 6-10 7-9 or 8-8 i hope Kubes stays just saying right now LOL

So same goes for Colts staff as well because they didnt see it either?? And where is this quote from Schaub saying he "knew" it was a fumble? As has been stated already... it looked to me he was in not in any frantic hurry and at the most was simply trying to get off another play before the 2 min warning.

Heck, the fumble ITSELF was up for much debate in the way it was called after the challenge. It was all in the media on if the Texans were screwed by the actual call that it was a fumble considering the Colts players leg was out of bounds... yada, yada, yada.

And the ACTUAL FUMBLE by Moats is what cost the friggin game... lets reality check this a bit.

We know that.

The thing is... the mis-handling of that fumble is the culimination of Kubiak's expertise as a HC. It was when I came to terms with the limitations of certain aspects of his coaching skill. It is what it is. Anybody's going to get better with more talent.

I don't think Kubiak even KNEW that ball came out until the warning. Schaub did. You give opponents as little time as possible for review ANYTIME the ball comes out. Schaub was hustling and bustling like I'd never seen. He knew. Trust in QBs is Kubiak's main problem. Ego maybe?

I do not think he is a bad coach. Just not spunky enough.

I don't think Kubiak even KNEW that ball came out until the warning. Schaub did. You give opponents as little time as possible for review ANYTIME the ball comes out. Schaub was hustling and bustling like I'd never seen. He knew.

We simply do not know that. It's your surmise because it fits the picture you are painting. It is equally plausible Schaub was hustling down the field getting ready in case Kubiak wanted to run another play. You know catch the other team on a quick snap before they substitute personal and stack the box, whatever. You are also overlooking that many commentators and people thought the refs blew the replay so if it had been called correctly nobody would be complaining about what happened.

We simply do not know that. It's your surmise because it fits the picture you are painting. It is equally plausible Schaub was hustling down the field getting ready in case Kubiak wanted to run another play. You know catch the other team on a quick snap before they substitute personal and stack the box, whatever. You are also overlooking that many commentators and people thought the refs blew the replay so if it had been called correctly nobody would be complaining about what happened.

refs got the call right. kubiak and co. blew it...again.

as for whether Schaub knew it or not, i do not know....i do know that Kubiak blew it...again.

hopefully he can finally grow into a competent HC...guy has been a good coach for us and done a great job retooling the offense...he just kinda sucks as a HC and may not be wired for the job.

Well fans, look at it this way. This year we are going to settle a lot of arguments around here. If the Texans can't muster up 10 wins or more, then we will all know they ain't up to snuff yet. Which means that Kubiac has had five years and hasn't done the job.

On the other hand, if the Texans manage 10 or more wins out of this schedule, then all the Kubiac haters will just have to take a back seat.

So in all reality, this tough ass schedule is a very good thing. Now we shall see who our Texans really are.

Cmon, you know better than this. :)

If we lose more than 6 games and miss the playoffs, its because (I can predict the future):
1) Our schedule was too tough. Next year playoffs for sure.
2) Too many injuries to key players. Winning 8 games was commendable with that schedule.
3) Our FO messed up the contracts, and the players were demoralized/missed camp
4) Unforseen events in the draft caused us to pick a player with a lot of potential. He only needs one more year!

Cmon, you know better than this. :)

If we lose more than 6 games and miss the playoffs, its because (I can predict the future):
1) Our schedule was too tough. Next year playoffs for sure.
2) Too many injuries to key players. Winning 8 games was commendable with that schedule.
3) Our FO messed up the contracts, and the players were demoralized/missed camp
4) Unforseen events in the draft caused us to pick a player with a lot of potential. He only needs one more year!

the only excuse any of us should accept is the one I bolded.

You're right. It fits the picture I painted although I've "overlooked" nothing. The refs blowing the challenge is a separate incident that has nothing to do with what I've painted. My TV didn't paint Schaub hustling. I saw that. I saw him trying to play some football. 17 seconds vaporized in what felt like an eternity. Was he trying to spike, throw a TD, punt the football... none of that matters. He was clearly frustrated at the fact that a play did not go off. Maybe even more frustrated than I'd ever seen him. That means something to me.

I'm sticking with the idea that he saw the ball in their hands and then the refs gave it back. Get a play off. Nullify their chances at a challenge. That's what I think I saw.

Well I disagree. They were correct to reverse the no fumble call but they botched calling it a touchback. Should have been Indy ball at the one. But none of that affects the wisdom of the clock management.

That is the way I think it should have gone also. Hopefully this is the year we can at least split with Indy. That is why I think the home opener is so crucial.

That is the way I think it should have gone also. Hopefully this is the year we can at least split with Indy. That is why I think the home opener is so crucial.

Ya we need a split at the minimum this year. We can't win the division if we lose 2 to them every year.

The AFC West is basically a joke except for San Diego, who have a worse running game than we do.

We play both SD and Dallas at home, which might give us an edge, and we play the Jets later in the season (maybe Kris Jenkins is out again for his seasonal sabbatical?). The Ravens weren't the defense they used to be without Ryan last year, and this works to our andvantage.

With that it will ultimately come down to how they open the season.

I agree with most of your post. Who knows how good the teams we will face in 2010 will be?

When was the last time the Cowboys posted more than 10 wins in back to back seasons?

My TV didn't paint Schaub hustling. I saw that. I saw him trying to play some football. 17 seconds vaporized in what felt like an eternity. Was he trying to spike, throw a TD, punt the football... none of that matters. He was clearly frustrated at the fact that a play did not go off. Maybe even more frustrated than I'd ever seen him. That means something to me.

Then we need to get rid of Schaub. That's one of those situations where you've got to do what you've got to do, and pay the price later. It may also be the reason he doesn't get to call audibles. IMHO, if he doesn't have enough confidence and gumption to get up there & spike the ball in a situation he knows is caustic... he doesn't need to be making important decisions on every down.

Here's AJ
Putting the Texans-Cowboys Week 3 matchup in its proper perspective

aj said:
Here's what Nations has to say about the Texans - Cowboys week three matchup:
"Every four years, the Houston Texans get to play in a Super Bowl. Well, at least the closest thing they'll likely ever see to a Super Bowl, which is facing the Dallas Cowboys..."

My first reaction was ... really? They're still going there? I would think they'd get tired of that after all these years. I've been a regular at Houston NFL games since Earl was wearing #20 and it's like a broken record - every four years at least. Blah, blah, freakity blah.

Read more here.

I couldn't agree more. Give me a victory over the Colts in Week One over the Cowboys in Week 3. I would like to win both of course but Week 1 versus a divisional opponent is more important over beating the Cowboys.

I couldn't agree more. Give me a victory over the Colts in Week One over the Cowboys in Week 3. I would like to win both of course but Week 1 versus a divisional opponent is more important over beating the Cowboys.

I agree, this game means more to some Texans fans, me being one of them.

I'll take an Indy Sweep over a win against the Cowboys. But I'll gladly trade either Indy game for that win over the Cowboys.

Why?

Even though the Colts have beat us 15 out of the 16 times we've played, they and their fans give us more respect than the Cowboys and their fans.

Back