Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-12-2012   #1
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Luck has two TDs in first nfl game

His first pass in nfl went the distance , hmmmm?
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #2
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Luck has two TDs in first nfl game

Just Drove 80 yds for the third TD , a rushing this time.

I don't know who all is watching this but yikes😰
Old 08-12-2012   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
His first pass in nfl went the distance , hmmmm?
That first pass was a dumpoff to Donald Brown lets not wet our pants collectively yet.

Kid does look pretty impressive though.
Old 08-12-2012   #4
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Not scared. Rams have a pretty bad defense.

We should know from first hand experience that even bad NFL defenses can make any QB look all-world.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Rams D looked REALLY horrible, but Luck sure looked like a gunslinger in there. Let's hope we can rattle him hard, and often.
Old 08-12-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Following Luck's last night's performance, the Colts may have quickly forgotten about Peyton. But they will not be so quick to forget Curtis Painter, who against the Falcons matched Luck's 3 TDs.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts have got to be the luckiest franchise in NFL history when you think about it. What other franchise was able to end a reign of a decade with a HOF QB like Manning and then immediately end up with another guy that looks like the best QB out of the draft in the last 10 years? And why in the hell did it have to be a team in our division?

Luck will become a pain our asses in about two years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Colts have got to be the luckiest franchise in NFL history when you think about it. What other franchise was able to end a reign of a decade with a HOF QB like Manning and then immediately end up with another guy that looks like the best QB out of the draft in the last 10 years? And why in the hell did it have to be a team in our division?

Luck will become a pain our asses in about two years.
If he doesn't get killed with that new O-line of his.
Old 08-12-2012   #9
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the entire first half of the Colts game.

Rams or not, Luck was impressive, especially for a rookie in his first game. He was cool in the pocket, shuffled around to avoid any weakness in his blocking, and his passes were on target; some of them being pretty difficult throws. It's not saying much, but he looks like at least the 2nd best QB in the division right now. If Schaub had played that well last night we would all be ecstatic.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #10
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

He threw the ball five yards and it turned into a touchdown. I think Brown should be getting all the hype.
Old 08-12-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I said a while ago that I don't think the Colts will suck like everyone is projecting....

I think they will be pretty good atually...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I said a while ago that I don't think the Colts will suck like everyone is projecting....

I think they will be pretty good atually...
Maybe so. I want to know what he looks like when Wade Phillips is bringing everything but the kitchen sink from who knows what direction and Watt/Reed/Barwin/Cushing/Mercilus are all foaming at the mouth.

Peyton was great but he had 9 years of fun playing against the worst defenses that the Texans brain trust could come up with. Luck won't get to enjoy that kind of stuff, at least not at our expense.
Old 08-12-2012   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Luck was very impressive in his first outing, but let's see if he continues this. I think it's obvious he has talent, but when the real games start, does his O line hold up for him? I think it's to early to tell anything other than he's certainly got a good arm, and he's fairly accurate for a rookie.

And as Herv said, Luck will be going up against better Texan defenses than Manning used to do. We got them two out of our last three games, it should be interesting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB that poised and that friggin' polished. I kept thinking how sacked David Carr would have been with that first pass and the pocket collapsing around Luck. Now I wish we went after Manning (ok, save your reprimands folks). Manning vs Luck in the AFC South would have dominated some of the networks storylines for years to come.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
He threw the ball five yards and it turned into a touchdown. I think Brown should be getting all the hype.
Yep. I wasn't all that wowed after watching the game. Reviews > performance, imo. Rams looked awful on both sides. Janoris almost picked Luck. Colts go no-huddle midway through second quarter. Luck make some great looking passes further into the game, no doubt, but that O-line is a dangerous to his health.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB that poised and that friggin' polished. I kept thinking how sacked David Carr would have been with that first pass and the pocket collapsing around Luck. Now I wish we went after Manning (ok, save your reprimands folks). Manning vs Luck in the AFC South would have dominated some of the networks storylines for years to come.
He looks a lot like Carr right up until the part where they start playing football.

He looks like what Carr was supposed to be. Manning vs Luck was something that the Texans didn't have stones to take a shot at sadly. He's going to reel off about 4 really good years in Denver before shutting it down.
Old 08-13-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

I remember when Leaf Ryan in his first preseason game in 1998 was drooled over when he showed the "Luck poise." He ended up with 144 yds passing, with a 14 of 19 completion rate, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs...........and a bust career. I'm not ready to call Luck the next Ryan Leaf any more that I am prepared to anoint him the next Peyton Manning.
Old 08-13-2012   #18
pissknocker
Veteran

Well hopefully makes it to December where we can put it on him twice before the new year!
Old 08-13-2012   #19
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go ahead now and put him right into the HOF, waive the whole 5 year
waiting period after leaving the league. He's that special, have I got that right ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Let's go ahead now and put him right into the HOF, waive the whole 5 year
waiting period after leaving the league. He's that special, have I got that right ?
ok, I get it...if a guy looks good and he isn't a Texan we are crazy to be impressed with him. On the other hand, if we see a marginal PS talent on the Texans we should all have a big moon pie smile and rant and rave about him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read