Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2011   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Hartmann Returns

Per McLame:

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
Texans re-signed P Brett Hartmann to replace Brad Maynard. To make room on the roster, they waived OLB Jesse Nading

Waived Nading? That's weird.
Old 09-04-2011   #2
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 4151 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hartmann Returns

why would they cut him in the first place?
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #3
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Per McLame:

Texans re-signed P Brett Hartmann to replace Brad Maynard. To make room on the roster, they waived OLB Jesse Nading

Waived Nading? That's weird.
Kept Braman over Nading ? I like their choice even though I'm still surprised by it ?
What's more Nading was a Colorado State guy, bet Kubiak hated giving into Wade on that one ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

phillips must like Braman a lot.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
No kidding. Thats a big WTF is going on.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we got guaranteed touchbacks though on kickoffs with him. He'll have to work on his punts and getting them inside the 10, but it seems like most of our punters have sucked with that anyway.
Old 09-04-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Nading looked good this PS. WTF?
Old 09-04-2011   #8
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 4151 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
No kidding. Thats a big WTF is going on.
Texans are scrambling everyone. Hope they know what they are doing. One day you are on the roster, and the next day you come to work to find out you are waived lol
Old 09-04-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

So the best punter available is someone we recently released? hmm.
Old 09-04-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know Kubiak's preference for experience....
at least he realized he made the wrong choice.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #11
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised we didn't bring in Graham or that dude from.....well, I forget, Pittsburgh?

As far as Nading goes, he was ok but Braman is a beast. He may be raw but good pass rushers are hard to find and in this league if you don't put pressure on the QB, you're screwed. Wade will coach him up, rotate him in on passing downs and let him off the leash.

How many years have we heard them go on and on about how much they need to get a pass rush in order to stop anyone. This is Kub's year to get it done and I'm betting he is not going to let go of anyone that can get after the QB.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #12
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans waive Nading sign Hartmann

please delete didnt see post
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Default Re: Texans waive Nading sign Hartmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Texans re-signed P Brett Hartmann to replace Brad Maynard. To make room on the roster, they waived OLB Jesse Nading.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84646
Old 09-04-2011   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I thought the roster stood at 52 after the cuts yesterday. Why would they need to cut someone to make room for Hartmann?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Nading looked good this PS. WTF?
They're not done yet.

The roster probably won't be stable until week 3.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Letting go of nading does not seem smart to me.

I like braman, but I liked nading too. I thought overall he had a good pre season and he seems to be a lot stronger than braman. I thought nading could also play a little de if the situation called for it.

As far as bringing Hartmann back, I'm cool with it. I thought thats who they should have kept in the first place.

But I don't like cutting nading. Should have cut one of those corners.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #17
honored82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I thought the roster stood at 52 after the cuts yesterday. Why would they need to cut someone to make room for Hartmann?
because they also claimed OL Thomas Austin after the pats waived him.

so as of now roster is at 53.
Old 09-04-2011   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
because they also claimed OL Thomas Austin after the pats waived him.

so as of now roster is at 53.
Yap, They were thin on OL but surprised to see Nading waived. I don't think we are through with changes.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Rey;1767891]Letting go of nading does not seem smart to me.

I like braman, but I liked nading too. I thought overall he had a good pre season and he seems to be a lot stronger than braman. I thought nading could also play a little de if the situation called for it.

As far as bringing Hartmann back, I'm cool with it. I thought thats who they should have kept in the first place.

But I don't like cutting nading. Should have cut one of those corners.[/QUOTE]There are plenty of hangers on there. I would love to be a fly on the wall when these cuts are being made just to find out why they do some of the things they do.
Old 09-04-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You know Kubiak's preference for experience....
at least he realized he made the wrong choice.
From looking at the preseason, looks like he's just made his second bad choice in punters (hope not). Seems that Graham or the Steeler's FA would have been a more solid choice.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read