Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-10-2011   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McShay 3.0

McShay has his 3.0 up. Big difference from the 2.0 one I posted earlier. This is from Insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=6101352

Has the Titans taking Prince Amukamara at #8, Cowboys taking JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin at #9 and Texans taking Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado at #11.
Old 02-10-2011   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McShay 3.0

I really don't see us taking a DB with our first pick but thanks for sharing.
Old 02-10-2011   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

please god no....not another db in the 1st. not only b/c i wouldn't like it, but b/c i heard/read somewhere that the secondary seems to be an area phillips has struggled with shoring up via the draft & FA over his career as a d-coordinator. Someone tell me i heard wrong about that...... please....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I have read where Jimmy Smith's workouts have been crazy good and he is racing up boards....but I don't think they take him there.

If anyone is wondering they have Von Miller going at #3 to Buffalo.
Old 02-10-2011   #5
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The last thing I want is a 1st round corner. The. Last. Thing.

2+ Free agent vets to the secondary, Front Seven Defensive stud in the 1st round.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson slipping out of the Top 5? With the Titans taking Prince at #8, I assume McShay has Peterson at #6 to the Browns or #7 to the 49'ers?

If it's the Browns, then probably Dareus to the 9'ers. Who's he got the Redskins taking, Julio Jones? I'd take Julio over Jimmy Smith, if he were available.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know what the Texans will do? They have a pretty solid reputation for draft day surprises

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2011   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Does anyone know what the Texans will do? They have a pretty solid reputation for draft day surprises
No,

But I'm sure we will be treated to another OkOye/Jackson type experience.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Okoye was the consensus right pick by most experts...can't fault them for that one. Duane Brown & jackson out of left field...another story. Not saying that Brown has been bad for us so far...
Old 02-10-2011   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Peterson slipping out of the Top 5? With the Titans taking Prince at #8, I assume McShay has Peterson at #6 to the Browns or #7 to the 49'ers?

If it's the Browns, then probably Dareus to the 9'ers. Who's he got the Redskins taking, Julio Jones? I'd take Julio over Jimmy Smith, if he were available.
1. Bowers
2. Fairley
3. Miller
4. Green
5. Gabbert
6. Dareus
7. Peterson
8. Amukamara
9. Watt
10. Newton
11. Jimmy Smith
12. Quinn
13. Solder
14. Jones
15. Ingram
16. Clayborn
17. Jordan
18. A. Smith
19. Tyron Smith
20. Kerrigan
21. Ayers
22. Castonzo
23. Carimi
24. Houston
25. Locker
26. Cobb
27. Pouncey
28. Watkins
29. Liuget
30. Taylor
31. Ijalana
32. Wilkerson
Old 02-10-2011   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Okoye was the consensus right pick by most experts...can't fault them for that one. Duane Brown & jackson out of left field...another story. Not saying that Brown has been bad for us so far...
Disagree on Okoye. I hated that pick from the jump. He was to young and he was a project player. The Texans were never in any position to be picking project players. Michael Griffin was available at the time and we were in a huge need of a safety. I think Willis was available at that time as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

For once can we pass on the guys that have been shooting up the draft boards and take the one that has been there all along?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Disagree on Okoye. I hated that pick from the jump. He was to young and he was a project player. The Texans were never in any position to be picking project players. Michael Griffin was available at the time and we were in a huge need of a safety. I think Willis was available at that time as well.
I agree with your points. But, no huge reason to take Willis with Ryans just drafted the year before. Although Griffin and Revis were still on the board.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I agree with your points. But, no huge reason to take Willis with Ryans just drafted the year before. Although Griffin and Revis were still on the board.
Easy to look at Revis in hind sight and call that one a mistake, but with CB's man they're hard to judge. Revis was a top CB that year, but I don't think any GM expected him to be that good. I never had a problem with the Texans picking Jackson. I had a problem with them doing nothing the past two off seasons prior to where "they had" to pick Jackson because they were in a corner. Jackson looked like he'd be a pretty good CB and I still think he has the potential to be.

I somewhat can agree with you on the Willis thing, but that he was a "can't miss" kind of guy as well as what Griffin looked to be like and we needed a safety bad and still do unfortunately.
Old 02-10-2011   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hated the pick as well but it was mainly b/c i didn't think Okoye was anything special from a talent standpoint to begin with. but what i was really trying to say is i don't think anyone outside of the organization lambasted them for reaching or had Okoye way off the radar from where we actually picked him.
Old 02-10-2011   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I hated the pick as well but it was mainly b/c i didn't think Okoye was anything special from a talent standpoint to begin with. but what i was really trying to say is i don't think anyone outside of the organization lambasted them for reaching or had Okoye way off the radar from where we actually picked him.
That part is true and we did need a DT still at the time. The position was definitely one of need, but just not for a project type of player.
Old 02-10-2011   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
For once can we pass on the guys that have been shooting up the draft boards and take the one that has been there all along?
Speaking of Am0bi Ok0ye.....

Seems like he came on real strong at the Senior Bowl and the Combine that year. God knows he hasn't done anything since then.

Maybe there was a few guys on the board that didn't like the pick, but I don't remember any of the Kipers or McShays having a bad word to say about the pick at the time.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with Texecutioner. I was against the okoye pick from the start. I was high on Willis and Griffin...pretty sure we both were.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Speaking of Am0bi Ok0ye.....

Seems like he came on real strong at the Senior Bowl and the Combine that year. God knows he hasn't done anything since then.

Maybe there was a few guys on the board that didn't like the pick, but I don't remember any of the Kipers or McShays having a bad word to say about the pick at the time.
Okoye is the ***** college recruit at age 19. A flat-out beast. Only problem was, he also peaked at 19, like most of the overhyped recruits.

Outside of Suh, most first round DTs haven't done much in the past five years or so.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wanted Willis at the time of the Okoye was taken. But thought OkOye wasn't a bad pick. As it turned out OkOye was an awful pick.

Looking forward this is why I hope BoB spends the $$$$ to get a vet NT that has a proven track record and Gary/Rick/Wade or whoever runs the band of idiots that the Texans call a war room. Have the foresight to draft a developmental NT like Ellis/Fua in the 3/4 th rd area.

The problem with the draft in the Kubiak era is they always draft for need early in the draft and dont draft the BPA or trade down to aquire more picks so that they are in the slot that BPA meets need. This philosiphy hasn't worked and needs to change. (I dont see it changing with the same people in charge.)

I wouldn't expect Mr.Tex to be able to understand this philosophy. Because in his eyes the Texans BoB/Gary/Rick can do no wrong. Even though their record is what it is and all of the rationalization in the world cant get around their record.

He keeps on trying though. LOL
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read