Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak

I really liked how he didn't try to stop the fight. Think he wanted to see our team be tough for a change.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I really liked how he didn't try to stop the fight. Think he wanted to see our team be tough for a change.
How could he have stopped the fight?
Old 11-29-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering that he gave the game ball to AJ, I have to lose this soap I'm using as an avatar for a while. He just doesn't deserve that this week. Haven't really changed my mind, but I can't do it this week.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #4
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
How could he have stopped the fight?
About the only thing he could have done was taken AJ out of the game for a few plays. Short of that not much. I still like it that he gave him a game ball at the end of the game. You can say all day that that was because of the record he set, but that was just as much to put that punk @ss in his place.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Finnegan had it coming for a long time. I think he'll remember those haymakers AJ landed on his melonhead next time .... not to mention the embarrassment of having your ass handed to you on TV.

Im surprised it didnt get a lot uglier than it did ..... considering the frustrations this team has seen over the past couple weeks. I just hope they come out and play with desire against the Eagles ..... They pretty much need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs.

I dont think the offense played a very good game all things considered .... but I'll take a 20-0 win against a division rival anytime.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
About the only thing he could have done was taken AJ out of the game for a few plays. Short of that not much. I still like it that he gave him a game ball at the end of the game. You can say all day that that was because of the record he set, but that was just as much to put that punk @ss in his place.
Schaub may be the mouth of the team but AJ is the unspoken leader .... Guy's like that set the tome for the entire team. If the rest of this team would play with the fire that AJ and a few others do , they likely wouldnt be 5-6.

I'd have given AJ the game ball for that can of whoopass too ....

Old 11-29-2010   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont think the offense played a very good game all things considered .... but I'll take a 20-0 win against a division rival anytime.
I disagree with you here. The offense wasn't firing on all cylinders, but this is a Titans defense that is very good. They feast on QB sacks, and yesterday we only gave up one...even if it was due to a couple on non-called intentional groundings.

The Titans aren't pushovers, but once Burned-Again got pushed to the ground and laid into...that team was done. You would have thought more fighting would have come later in the game, but that beating by AJ was the straw that broke their back.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2010   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised that they didn't even attempt to throw the ball downfield. Considering all the times that Finnegan was up in AJ's grill at the LOS, it'd been nice to see him get burned deep.

Throw in safety help and the amount of time Schaub had to throw, who knows if it would have been successful. But you gotta go up top every once in awhile to keep em honest.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Kubiak? Kubiak didn't even notice the fight. He turns away when anything dramatic is happening on the field.
Old 11-29-2010   #10
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Kubiak? Kubiak didn't even notice the fight. He turns away when anything dramatic is happening on the field.
A lot like our corners
Old 11-29-2010   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the game ball was for the football accomplishment. Still giving it to him after the ejection was a nod to "way to handle his punk ass".

I doubt we ever see Andre do something like that again; I wonder if other players will try harder to push his buttons though.
Old 11-29-2010   #12
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I think the game ball was for the football accomplishment. Still giving it to him after the ejection was a nod to "way to handle his punk ass".

I doubt we ever see Andre do something like that again; I wonder if other players will try harder to push his buttons though.
I dont think they will, I think other players like and respect Andre and this just made hime the MAN!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Finnegan had it coming for a long time. I think he'll remember those haymakers AJ landed on his melonhead next time .... not to mention the embarrassment of having your ass handed to you on TV.

Im surprised it didnt get a lot uglier than it did ..... considering the frustrations this team has seen over the past couple weeks. I just hope they come out and play with desire against the Eagles ..... They pretty much need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs.

I of course, naturally support this!!
Old 11-29-2010   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I of course, naturally support this!!
Lets just hope AJ didnt follow my lead and break his hand on that dudes ****ing melonhead.

Old 11-29-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally support AJ busting the punk. When we play them in their stadium I wish someone would hold up a sign saying "Punch a punk!" I think Aj should get a hefty fine but not suspended but don't see that occuring.

Quin should have received the game ball.
Old 11-29-2010   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Considering that he gave the game ball to AJ, I have to lose this soap I'm using as an avatar for a while. He just doesn't deserve that this week. Haven't really changed my mind, but I can't do it this week.
Good point, I'm following suit.

I was going to start an "If we hold the Titans to under 14" thread to get rid of the thing..... but I didn't want to jinx anything.

My luck is so bad, I believe that is what happened with Jacksonville....

We had them.... we had them.
Old 11-29-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Totally support AJ busting the punk. When we play them in their stadium I wish someone would hold up a sign saying "Punch a punk!" I think Aj should get a hefty fine but not suspended but don't see that occuring.

Quin should have received the game ball.
I'm not so sure he didn't recieve one. I read/heard that Kubiak handed out 4 game balls. AJ got the first one, Bush got one. Didn't read/hear who got the other 2 but you'd imagine at least that Quin was one of the other recipeints.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #18
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm not so sure he didn't recieve one. I read/heard that Kubiak handed out 4 game balls. AJ got the first one, Bush got one. Didn't read/hear who got the other 2 but you'd imagine at least that Quin was one of the other recipeints.
go to HT.com. they have video of all the game ball presentations in the locker room
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #19
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly the worst thing we can do is act like Kubiak did something to redeem himself this game. Our playoff hopes are still dashed, and our team is as mediocre as ever. Kubiak needs to be gone by next season and this game, no matter how cool it was, does nothing to change that.
Old 11-29-2010   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Honestly the worst thing we can do is act like Kubiak did something to redeem himself this game. Our playoff hopes are still dashed, and our team is as mediocre as ever. Kubiak needs to be gone by next season and this game, no matter how cool it was, does nothing to change that.
Everything you say is correct but if we gonna boo him we also need to recognize what he does right.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read