Kubiak

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Nov 29, 2010.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I really liked how he didn't try to stop the fight. Think he wanted to see our team be tough for a change.

2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

How could he have stopped the fight?

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Considering that he gave the game ball to AJ, I have to lose this soap I'm using as an avatar for a while. He just doesn't deserve that this week. Haven't really changed my mind, but I can't do it this week.

4. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

About the only thing he could have done was taken AJ out of the game for a few plays. Short of that not much. I still like it that he gave him a game ball at the end of the game. You can say all day that that was because of the record he set, but that was just as much to put that punk @ss in his place. :hurrah:

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Finnegan had it coming for a long time. I think he'll remember those haymakers AJ landed on his melonhead next time .... not to mention the embarrassment of having your ass handed to you on TV.

Im surprised it didnt get a lot uglier than it did ..... considering the frustrations this team has seen over the past couple weeks. I just hope they come out and play with desire against the Eagles ..... They pretty much need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs.

I dont think the offense played a very good game all things considered .... but I'll take a 20-0 win against a division rival anytime.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Schaub may be the mouth of the team but AJ is the unspoken leader .... Guy's like that set the tome for the entire team. If the rest of this team would play with the fire that AJ and a few others do , they likely wouldnt be 5-6.

I'd have given AJ the game ball for that can of whoopass too ....

[​IMG]

chicagotexan2 likes this.
  7. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

I disagree with you here. The offense wasn't firing on all cylinders, but this is a Titans defense that is very good. They feast on QB sacks, and yesterday we only gave up one...even if it was due to a couple on non-called intentional groundings.

The Titans aren't pushovers, but once Burned-Again got pushed to the ground and laid into...that team was done. You would have thought more fighting would have come later in the game, but that beating by AJ was the straw that broke their back.

8. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I'm surprised that they didn't even attempt to throw the ball downfield. Considering all the times that Finnegan was up in AJ's grill at the LOS, it'd been nice to see him get burned deep.

Throw in safety help and the amount of time Schaub had to throw, who knows if it would have been successful. But you gotta go up top every once in awhile to keep em honest.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

Kubiak? Kubiak didn't even notice the fight. He turns away when anything dramatic is happening on the field.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

A lot like our corners :thisbig:

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think the game ball was for the football accomplishment. Still giving it to him after the ejection was a nod to "way to handle his punk ass".

I doubt we ever see Andre do something like that again; I wonder if other players will try harder to push his buttons though.

12. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I dont think they will, I think other players like and respect Andre and this just made hime the MAN!

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I of course, naturally support this!!

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Lets just hope AJ didnt follow my lead and break his hand on that dudes ****ing melonhead. :foottap:

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Totally support AJ busting the punk. When we play them in their stadium I wish someone would hold up a sign saying "Punch a punk!" I think Aj should get a hefty fine but not suspended but don't see that occuring.

Quin should have received the game ball.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Good point, I'm following suit.

I was going to start an "If we hold the Titans to under 14" thread to get rid of the thing..... but I didn't want to jinx anything.

My luck is so bad, I believe that is what happened with Jacksonville....

We had them.... we had them.

17. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I'm not so sure he didn't recieve one. I read/heard that Kubiak handed out 4 game balls. AJ got the first one, Bush got one. Didn't read/hear who got the other 2 but you'd imagine at least that Quin was one of the other recipeints.

18. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

go to HT.com. they have video of all the game ball presentations in the locker room

19. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Honestly the worst thing we can do is act like Kubiak did something to redeem himself this game. Our playoff hopes are still dashed, and our team is as mediocre as ever. Kubiak needs to be gone by next season and this game, no matter how cool it was, does nothing to change that.

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Everything you say is correct but if we gonna boo him we also need to recognize what he does right.