Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Your kickoff for 2022 Texans

badboy

Hall of Fame
Here we go again! Kickoff coming up Sunday and also kick off for Texans game one. As usual the kickoff I'm referring to is what is your routine leading up to kickoff for the game?

A friend of mine and I have watched Houston NFL team since 19 87 and his wife joined us in 1994 when they met.

Most Sundays his adult son joins our screaming at the TV.

Meal can be anything from sandwiches to a full
"Dining Experience ". Lol

What are your plans?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Here we go again! Kickoff coming up Sunday and also kick off for Texans game one. As usual the kickoff I'm referring to is what is your routine leading up to kickoff for the game?

A friend of mine and I have watched Houston NFL team since 19 87 and his wife joined us in 1994 when they met.

What are your plans?
Probably cooking something on the smoker, working on my son's road king and listening to the game on SXM. If the rain holds off, I'll catch the score at fuel/food stops while riding my motorcycle.

vtech9

All Pro
My game day experience will be different this year. I didn't watch the 2020 season, and only watched 2021 through the Dofusports app, so I wasn't able to watch complete games. Being out of state, it's hard to find a place to watch. This year, I have a new bar I'm going to be going to to watch the games. They already know I'm coming, and have a tv reserved for me. There's a taco truck out in the parking lot of the bar, so I'll be eating tacos, nachos, and drinking beer.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
My wife and I started watching NFL football games shortly after we met and started dating back in 86. We've gone through a lot of different routines and rituals and things over the years.

Nowadays, we don't start watching until an hour after the game has started so we can skip commercials. The game starts at 7pm our time. So we're going to order dinner from this great little restaurant in town called Taperia d'Ivars that has the greatest fried cajun chicken and waffles. We'll come back and eat and watch the game on the big screen through GamePass.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’ll probably be enjoying Red Beans, Dirty Rice, and a cold beer at 1700…..which will be 3 hours before kickoff. It’ll be me and my wife and she’ll probably head towards the bedroom to chat with our daughter who’s in San Diego while I enjoy the game.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You don’t like going to games by yourself? Or with a buddy?
I do, but I also like getting up at 10:00 and watching the pregame shows. also would rather go back and forth with y'all during the game. Although I'm looking forward to going to the Chargers game with Beerlover. I've only been to 2 games since Covid started and I really haven't missed the gameday experience much. When you're in town let me know, I would love for us to go to a game together. PM me and I will give you my contact info.

The Browns/Redskins games are already spoken for by people I do work for.

banned1976

sleeper mode

What are your plans?
Since the middle of November last year, I started working weekends. So, that is what I'll be doing. I'll record the game, watch it over a period of days, depending on how they played.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I do, but I also like getting up at 10:00 and watching the pregame shows. also would rather go back and forth with y'all during the game. Although I'm looking forward to going to the Chargers game with Beerlover. I've only been to 2 games since Covid started and I really haven't missed the gameday experience much. When you're in town let me know, I would love for us to go to a game together. PM me and I will give you my contact info.

I'll join in on this fun....in 2024.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

This is sort of my routine…but i get up at around 7…catch the 8:30 service at lakewood…then im posted up on the couch by 10 for the pre-game shows & just lay up there all day watching the games.
I typically dont enjoy gameday experiences b/c of the drunkards. I actually watch the games lol.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is sort of my routine…but i get up at around 7…catch the 8:30 service at lakewood…then im posted up on the couch by 10 for the pre-game shows & just lay up there all day watching the games.
I typically dont enjoy gameday experiences b/c of the drunkards. I actually watch the games lol.
I am a football fan 1at. It's why I enjoy watching football with beerlover and yes we have a few beers. But we actually watch the game. Plus I kinda miss people around us that I've become friends with over the last 20 years.

Last edited:

TexanBorn51

Veteran
I had to quit drinking when I quit smoking.

If I drink, I crave a cigarette without fail.

When I did drink, my biggest problem at the game was deciding if I wanted to wait in line for the bathroom or go outside to smoke.
lol hey I just got out of AA after a few weeks there and now I've been healed. Well maybe cuz I asked the Doctor you're releasing me so what was the problem? He said, "one mouth and two hands." lol

Reactions: JB

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
My pregame preparedness is changing this year. Instead of having my pregame lunch at Alicia's Mexican Grill, this season I'm changing. This season I'll be heading to La Tapatia for my pregame lunch instead. They have better flautas.

Hopefully this insures us more than just a four win season. If so, I'll continue the hard work on my part. :)