Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Your Expectations this season

What are they? Growth? Improvement? Maintaining? What?

I expect to be better than 2-14. I'm expecting a strong defense that has occasional breakdowns on the back end. I'm expecting an inconsistent offense. I'm expecting somewhere between 6-8 wins.

Of course, I'm hoping for 19-0 and completely dominating performances in all games with no need for comebacks.

On paper, there's too much blue chip talent to lose. Watt, Johnson, Cushing, Brown, Foster, Clowney. But, this roster is among the leanest in depth. And, the QB situation is as unsettled as any in the league. It will take a premier coaching performance to mold this team into a playoff contender.

So of course, I'm expecting playoffs. :)

I have no idea what to expect, except for some great individual performances on the defensive side. Improvement I think is a given, I do not think we'll approach the horrid incompetence the Texans showed last year. Whether or not that translates into 8-8 or the playoffs depends on injuries.

i'd like to think we can make the playoffs but the QB situation is what ends up being our demise.

7-9 with a shot to make the playoffs but not enough offense to close out games.

I expect a 6 win season. I expect some promise I expect several heartbreaking injuries, I expect a QB change somewhere during the season and I expect horrible kicking and great punting...

QB will keep us below 11 wins. A few injuries and our lack of depth will keep us below 8 wins. We should have an easy schedule. Ima say 6.

I've been saying 6 wins all year, and that continues to be my expectations today. I wish to see the Texans make the playoffs this year, but that is quite unlikely to happen.

Cincinnati, Philadelphia, & Indianapolis are the only teams on our schedule that finished with more than 8 wins in 2013. That's four games. I expect to win one of those.

I expect to be as good as, if not better than the other teams that we'll face for the remaining 12 games. I expect to win at least 6 of those.

I hope we find a way to win another 2 to 4 games. Whether we need 9 wins or 10 wins to make the play offs, I expect us to be in contention week 17.

I haven't seen anything to make me believe we'll win six games much less 9 or 10. I don't think we'll be a good team, I don't think we'll be a 10 win team even if we win 10 games. I just expect us to be as good, or better than the team we play each week, that week.

I expect 4-6 wins I just don't think we can score enough to finish 500 or better. I may be generous but the fact that our defense is god awful is the reason I said maybe 6 wins.

I expect a competent football product to be put on the field for my dollar. Anything less is a government conspiracy to take money from my hands.

that is all...

~Ron Swanson

I expect an up and down start to the season, but by mid-season, I expect the team to start to gel and show consistently good play. After last season, I really don't care about projected W-L totals. Obviously, I want to see 19-0, but yeah...:goodluck:

I expect this team to show some heart, effort, and improvement. If they lose while fighting hard, I can live with that but if they lay down and take a beating like last year, that's not acceptable. I expect a 6-10 season.

I expect this team to show some heart, effort, and improvement. If they lose while fighting hard, I can live with that but if they lay down and take a beating like last year, that's not acceptable. I expect a 6-10 season.
How does losing 7 out of 9 1 score games constitute laying down and taking a beating? If they win 4 of those losses, they're 6-10 and picking Bortles. Damn....that might be a bad thing...Bortles is looking good.

What are they? Growth? Improvement? Maintaining? What?

I expect anywhere between 6-10 and 9-7. If we see the Fitz we saw against ATL most of the season AND the members of our M.A.S.H. unit (Foster, Cushing, J-Joe, A.J., etc) all come back to 100% AND we get decent performance from our O-line and DBs we might just finish 9-7.

If we miss on any of those IFs, especially if we mostly see Shitz instead of Fitz, it'll be worse. Much worse.

I expect anywhere between 6-10 and 9-7. If we see the Fitz we saw against ATL most of the season AND the members of our M.A.S.H. unit (Foster, Cushing, J-Joe, A.J., etc) all come back to 100% AND we get decent performance from our O-line and DBs we might just finish 9-7.

If we miss on any of those IFs, especially if we mostly see Shitz instead of Fitz, it'll be worse. Much worse.

You nailed it, but I would hedge your bet just a tad higher if Clowney and Watt make magic. You've seen how Watt can change things, we've gotten just the barest glimpse of Clowney but know what he could be capable of. Those two if performing like they are able, can make the entire rest of the defense work better.

You nailed it, but I would hedge your bet just a tad higher if Clowney and Watt make magic. You've seen how Watt can change things, we've gotten just the barest glimpse of Clowney but know what he could be capable of. Those two if performing like they are able, can make the entire rest of the defense work better.
Okay, I will put another win or two into the pot if our defense produces points and our special teams show out like they did against Atlanta. And not just once but over the course of the season.
But 10-6 is as high as I'll bet.
Again, everything has to go just right though.

O'Brien and Fitzpatrick need to call on their heritage and bring us some luck
:texflag:
saint_patricks_day20.gif

Okay, I will put another win or two into the pot if our defense produces points and our special teams show out like they did against Atlanta. And not just once but over the course of the season.
But 10-6 is as high as I'll bet.
Again, everything has to go just right though.

O'Brien and Fitzpatrick need to call on their heritage and bring us some luck
saint_patricks_day20.gif

I just don't foresee 10 wins from this team, but anywhere from 7 to 9 shouldn't surprise anyone. Especially with our weak ass schedule. Teams with horrid O lines are gonna have a very bad day if the Texan defense is all healthy and playing well.

I just don't foresee 10 wins from this team, but anywhere from 7 to 9 shouldn't surprise anyone. Especially with our weak ass schedule. Teams with horrid O lines are gonna have a very bad day if the Texan defense is all healthy and playing well.
If the Dynamic Duo stay healthy all year, teams with good OL's are gonna have some very bad days.

I see the turnover ratio looking much better than last year. I'm with ya as far as 10 wins go. I will be very happy with 8-8 and competetive in all.:evil:

If the Dynamic Duo stay healthy all year, teams with good OL's are gonna have some very bad days.

I see the turnover ratio looking much better than last year. I'm with ya as far as 10 wins go. I will be very happy with 8-8 and competetive in all.:evil:

We have to get the taste of last year out of our mouths. That was just uncalled for. We'll see this Saturday.

Hmmmm.... A little high for my tastes but low enough to get koolaid sippers to bet the over.
That's been there for a while, hasn't it? Vegas odds are meant to get money moving, not to actually base a season on. They believe in the hereafter and the :money: is what they're here after. :fans:

Back