Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Your concerns heading into the regular season?

Concerns:

Matt Schaub's health. I wish I didn't have to say it but, until he can go all sixteen it's something at the back of my mind.

Redzone offense. Can't keep settling for Kris Brown FGs.

Play at safety. Wilson is ok as a starter but SS, we're in trouble. It's bad when I find myself hoping Ferguson will start.

LBers. Cushing needs to get up to speed ASAP. I like Diles, the problem I have with the guy is his foot speed. If we didn't have a pro bowler at MLB He'd be fine there. Really was hoping more from Adibi, though I still think he'll make a move into the starting lineup at some point this season.

OL. Can Winston rebound from a sub par season? Brown is in better shape, needs to prove he can go all 4 quarters. Pitts needs to get healthy quick. Can Brisiel and Myers not be liabilities in the Redzone. Our depth at guard scares me.

DL - I think we're pretty good at DE, would like to see more from A. Smith though. Someone needs to step up at DT, Okoye needs to prove he's not a bust.

Do I bring a flask of Jack Daniels into the game or should I just get hammered off of whatever in the parking lot before hand?

I'm concerned that I want be able to see game 2 while I'm hunting in Kansas!! I really am. Hopefully if it's not televised on some channel then at least it will be on Sirius radio!!

I,m not sure I like the coaching by concensus approach for the lines. Nothing good usually comes from that because of compromise. I think we can see a result of that with the DL. I know they're rotated in and out a lot, but I foresee bad combinations on the field far too often.

my biggest concern is that we're not going to have as many players on the field as everyone else.
vlcsnap-2009-09-10-08h59m48s24.png

this is really going to put us at a disadvantage. we may give up bigger plays with this defense than I expected.

1) The turnovers. last year that's what killed us & i haven't seen anything to make me think that we've cured that this year.

DING!
DING!

DING!
We have a winner.
We need to give away fewer and snap up a lot more.
Turnovers have been the death of us for at least two years in a row. I don't know how anyone who saw the last year's first Tenn. loss (3 Matt ints) or the RosenCopter loss (two fumbles & an int) or the Minnesota loss (3 giveaways) could NOT have this as the number one concern.

Did I miss something in preseason or did we not give the ball away in each and every game??

Write this down:
We won't be a playoff team until that giveaway crap gets fixed.

my biggest concern is that we're not going to have as many players on the field as everyone else.
this is really going to put us at a disadvantage. we may give up bigger plays with this defense than I expected.

And that is why hardly any team goes with the 46.
You'd better have very good personnel, both quick/fast and smart.

OK, OK you were talking about 10 men on the field, LOL, never mind!

Back