Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You are GM of the Texans for the next 4 months

I'm looking at whether any other QB his size has ever sniffed the playoffs, much less a championship. I've got 3 guys, Flutie/Murray/Tarkenton in the history of the NFL and you want to bet 1-2 on that?
Based on your opinion. Isn't this some catch-22 logic? Supposedly, as long as the McNairs own the team, they will never win a championship. History shows the McNairs have never sniffed a strong playoff run. So, does it even matter if the QB is five or six feet tall?

Based on your opinion. Isn't this some catch-22 logic? Supposedly, as long as the McNairs own the team, they will never win a championship. History shows the McNairs have never sniffed a strong playoff run. So, does it even matter if the QB is five or six feet tall?
Sometimes luck is involved and if the McNair's win a championship it will be because of luck. BTW, I fully expect Young to become a Texan

We don’t know if true [we can say same about 95% of most things we discuss] but it was alleged that Dallas offered a 2 and 4th. Why would we start negotiate from a round three? I was happy Caserio balked at paying part of Cooks $. I am hopeful.

An NFL first. A prospect whose game is so perfect and without flaw that it cannot be criticized.

Do that. @Texian hasn’t. Height, weight, hands. Game? Nothing to say. Young must be the greatest of all time considering his accomplishments while enduring these enormous deficiencies.

We don’t know if true [we can say same about 95% of most things we discuss] but it was alleged that Dallas offered a 2 and 4th. Why would we start negotiate from a round three? I was happy Caserio balked at paying part of Cooks $. I am hopeful.
Because of his contract and his age. I think NC will have to reevaluate his stance.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d be ecstatic if we got a 2. I just have my doubts.

Because of his contract and his age. I think NC will have to reevaluate his stance.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d be ecstatic if we got a 2. I just have my doubts.
I understand but Cooks turns 30 late September which is no big issue for a WR of his skills and steady productivity. Age didn't concern Dallas before. Contract is where Cowboys messed up as his base in 2022 was only million and Houston had already paid several games of that. Dallas would have lowered his base average tremendously but didn't. Average for '22 and '24 only $15.5 but Cooks does have roster bonuses for games active of about 30k per game.

Do that. @Texian hasn’t. Height, weight, hands. Game? Nothing to say. Young must be the greatest of all time considering his accomplishments while enduring these enormous deficiencies.

Many of the people who have concerns with his physical size absolutely love his game and their only concern his size.
Young is the first prospect I've ever witnessed who seems to be off limits when it comes to discussing his physical attributes in many of his supporters' minds.

It's kind of bizarre.
But at any rate, further discussion of his size is without a doubt completely pointless, in my opinion.
We each have our opinion on how his size may or may not be a concern and we won't know the truth for a few years more than likely.
I've come around to hoping the Texans draft him. I want to know the answer.

Many of the people who have concerns with his physical size absolutely love his game and their only concern his size.
Young is the first prospect I've ever witnessed who seems to be off limits when it comes to discussing his physical attributes in many of his supporters' minds.

It's kind of bizarre.
But at any rate, further discussion of his size is without a doubt completely pointless, in my opinion.
We each have our opinion on how his size may or may not be a concern and we won't know the truth for a few years more than likely.
I've come around to hoping the Texans draft him. I want to know the answer.
I want to know the answer too.

I just don't want him to play on the Texans when we find out.

What does everyone think of possibly trading for Ekeler to pair with Pierce? What do you think it would cost to get him?

“Ekeler, 27, is one of the most dangerous weapons in football, rushing for 915 yards and 13 touchdowns last season while adding 107 receptions for 722 yards and an additional five scores. It was his third season in the past four years with at least 1,500 yards from scrimmage and double-digit touchdowns.”
Bleacher Report

What does everyone think of possibly trading for Ekeler to pair with Pierce? What do you think it would cost to get him?

“Ekeler, 27, is one of the most dangerous weapons in football, rushing for 915 yards and 13 touchdowns last season while adding 107 receptions for 722 yards and an additional five scores. It was his third season in the past four years with at least 1,500 yards from scrimmage and double-digit touchdowns.”
Bleacher Report
That would be a solid move for Texans, but so would Dalvin Cook.
Or, cheaper still, take Jahmyre Gibbs at #33.

Bleacher Report
You'd not only have to give up the draft capital, you'd also have to re-structure his contract for big money. That's why he asked permission to seek a trade. Too costly imo

With Cooks finally gone the WR group as of now looks like this:

Z WR: Woods?
X WR: Collins/Brown
Slot WR: Metchie/Rodgers

Then the futures contract guys like Jalen Camp brought in but not likely to make team. Woods can play all three WR positions so I just slotted him to Z for organization sake. I expect him to be one of the starters doesn’t matter the letter.

Nico will be competing for his starting spot with Noah Brown. Time for Nico to take the next step. If he is the WR they drafted him to become he should be able to beat our Brown. But Brown is a player with a chip on his shoulder that has had to fight for every snap he has ever gotten to play on offense and special teams. I like players like that.

Amari Rodgers is insurance for Metchie. If Metchie is healthy and ready to be the top option there’s a good chance Rodgers doesn’t make the team. Unless he improves his return skills from when he was with GB of course.

I expect the team to draft a WR, though not with a premium pick. I know people want the field stretcher but I am partial to Mingo if I could pick. Fits the profile of this projected offense and good chance he’s available in 3rd/4th range.

I wouldn’t mind the team going after DJ Chark if they want a field stretcher. Would prefer Chark over most options in the draft. But overall, I think the WR room is basically set. Is it great? No. But there are bigger holes to fix.

Then the futures contract guys like Jalen Camp brought in but not likely to make team. Woods can play all three WR positions so I just slotted him to Z for organization sake. I expect him to be one of the starters doesn’t matter the letter.

Nico will be competing for his starting spot with Noah Brown. Time for Nico to take the next step. If he is the WR they drafted him to become he should be able to beat our Brown. But Brown is a player with a chip on his shoulder that has had to fight for every snap he has ever gotten to play on offense and special teams. I like players like that.

Amari Rodgers is insurance for Metchie. If Metchie is healthy and ready to be the top option there’s a good chance Rodgers doesn’t make the team. Unless he improves his return skills from when he was with GB of course.

I expect the team to draft a WR, though not with a premium pick. I know people want the field stretcher but I am partial to Mingo if I could pick. Fits the profile of this projected offense and good chance he’s available in 3rd/4th range.

I wouldn’t mind the team going after DJ Chark if they want a field stretcher. Would prefer Chark over most options in the draft. But overall, I think the WR room is basically set. Is it great? No. But there are bigger holes to fix.

I’d still like to approach the Jets about Denzel Mims, and with Cooks gone Nico Collins could be even better trade material. This trade would be a straight-up one for one. Mims hasn’t fit in with the Jets and Collins hasn’t stayed healthy for the Texans. I believe both could benefit from this trade.

As for the draft, I’m all in on Jalin Hyatt b/c not only is he supremely fast, possesses a very nice catch radius, has soft-reliable hands, and has the desire to be a downfield blocker….even for his size. This kind of player would be a team favorite in no time.

We need an upgrade at Z, but not early. 3rd or 4th round, maybe.

Back