Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

XFL season canceled

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Ah the life of a Houston sports fan. Even if your team is doing good and is the best in their league either a cheating scandal or a worldwide BS virus that is to hype up an election year will take it away from you.

Worst part is Walker played well enough that most likely some NFL team will pick him up and other teams will have figured out Jones offense so next season we will no doubt suck as bad as the rest of the league.

Ah the life of a Houston sports fan. Even if your team is doing good and is the best in their league either a cheating scandal or a worldwide BS virus that is to hype up an election year will take it away from you.

Worst part is Walker played well enough that most likely some NFL team will pick him up and other teams will have figured out Jones offense so next season we will no doubt suck as bad as the rest of the league.

The bolded is something that always seems to happen to June Jones anyway. And I'm not surprised at the season being canceled given the situation. Sucks to be a Houston fan.

Vince McMahon is a class act by agreeing to pay the players for a full season. I applaud you Vince McMahon and only hope that karma smiles back on you and the XFL when it starts season two.

As a long time WWE fan I can tell you Vinny Mac is first and foremost a business man. He knows that there is already talk about the players being under paid and then if they get short changed on top of that he will never attract the level of talent he will need to keep the league going. Now I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do but just because it was the right thing to do doesn't also mean it wasn't "what is best for business".

Maybe when everything returns to normal.....way before next March, McMahon will have a change of heart and keep this new league operational.

Who lasted longer? The XFL or the other league I can't remember the name of?

Well damn was the first time in a very long time I was enjoying and had hope for a Houston football team to have success. So now it’s back to the same crap as always with the Texans. Why do we love this sport again?

Back