Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

WR Roy Williams to get a tryout with Texans (UPDATE) signed Bryant Johnson

Good!

Did not want!
crazyeyes8.png

It doesn't really matter to me which one of these guys signed, neither one will be on a 53man roster come September. Just camp bodies, that's all.

Signed Bryant Johnson again. Jippie.

Well I guess if we're going to sign a camp body at WR he was going to probably be cheaper.

I just don't see the point really. Johnson did absolutely nothing noteworthy last year and he had a BIG opportunity to make a splash. He didn't even make a ripple.

I am really hoping one of the rookies or Lestar makes a real big impact, because if they don't, we have to really hope AJ is healthy all year.

You used the key word. the texans are hoping with the WR position this year. Once it became obvious that the Texans were really up against the cap, hope became the plan (and generally a bad thing)

1) Andre staying healthy for 16 games
2) Kevin Walter returning to his form two or three years ago
3) dudes who never caught a pass in the NFL (Jean, Posey, etc)
4) Veteran minimum flawed dudes (sims-walker, R. williams, Plaxico, B. Johnson)..different forms of hope but ALL hopes, not plans.

You used the key word. the texans are hoping with the WR position this year. Once it became obvious that the Texans were really up against the cap, hope became the plan (and generally a bad thing)

1) Andre staying healthy for 16 games
2) Kevin Walter returning to his form two or three years ago
3) dudes who never caught a pass in the NFL (Jean, Posey, etc)
4) Veteran minimum flawed dudes (sims-walker, R. williams, Plaxico, B. Johnson)..different forms of hope but ALL hopes, not plans.

Here it is...the day before training camp....the beginning of a new season; with hope abounding for the coming year, you go and slap us in the face with reality...thanks a lot man!....:dangit:

Here it is...the day before training camp....the beginning of a new season; with hope abounding for the coming year, you go and slap us in the face with reality...thanks a lot man!....:dangit:

Sorry, we have great young group of WRs that are going to overtake Walter this year and one of them will eventually replace Andre Johnson as the number 1.

:hurrah::koolaid::logo:

Sorry, we have great young group of WRs that are going to overtake Walter this year and one of them will eventually replace Andre Johnson as the number 1.

:hurrah::koolaid::logo:

They may pass AJ by eventually .... but that will be based more on his decline than their ascent.

Also , I dont believe you "replace" a guy like #80 .... You just hoped to replace his production from multiple guy's. The other things he brings just arent replacable.

They may pass AJ by eventually .... but that will be based more on his decline than their ascent.

Also , I dont believe you "replace" a guy like #80 .... You just hoped to replace his production from multiple guy's. The other things he brings just arent replacable.

My previous post was full of :sarcasm:

Back