Rd.4 Max Melton CB Rutgers
Rd.4 Jase McClellan RB Alabama

Option #3

Rd1. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa
Rd.2 Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas
Rd.3 Will Shipley RB Clemson
Rd.4Jermaine Burton WR Alabama
Rd.4 Nazir Stackhouse DT Geogia
I might go option 2. Our DL would be SICK! Having both WA and Latu would be amazing. I’d be a happy camper.

Option #1

Rd.1 Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
Rd. Trey Benson RB Florida St.
Rd.3 Cade Stover TE Ohio St.
Rd.4 Peyton Wilson LB NC State
Rd.4 McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M

Option #2

Rd.1 Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA
Rd.2 Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M
Rd.3 T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
Rd.4 Max Melton CB Rutgers
Rd.4 Jase McClellan RB Alabama

Option #3

Rd1. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa
Rd.2 Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas
Rd.3 Will Shipley RB Clemson
Rd.4Jermaine Burton WR Alabama
Rd.4 Nazir Stackhouse DT Geogia
I don't see latu out of top 10.

If I can use your players I would go

1. Cb/ S Dejean
2. Rb Trey Benson
3. DT Sweat
4. WR Burton
4. Cb Melton

And I would be ecstatic.

1. Cb/ S Dejean
2. Rb Trey Benson
3. DT Sweat
4. WR Burton
4. Cb Melton

And I would be ecstatic.
This is realistic Probably gonna have to do some trading up in the 2nd and 3rd rds . Benson and Sweat and going to go at the top of the 2nd and 3rd rds. In fact I could see them going bottom of the 1st for Benson and middle of the 2nd for Sweat .

Would you be okay with Benson in the late 1st and trading up for Sweat in the mid 2nd? Not what I would do, but it would fill 2 of the biggest holes on the team. I wouldn't hate getting both of these guys.

This is realistic Probably gonna have to do some trading up in the 2nd and 3rd rds . Benson and Sweat and going to go at the top of the 2nd and 3rd rds. In fact I could see them going bottom of the 1st for Benson and middle of the 2nd for Sweat .

Would you be okay with Benson in the late 1st and trading up for Sweat in the mid 2nd? Not what I would do, but it would fill 2 of the biggest holes on the team. I wouldn't hate getting both of these guys.
I think we can expect Caserio to do quite a bit of trading in the next draft but I would not trade up for either Benson or Sweat. Too many good running backs available later. Not same for DTs but I don't like Sweat that much. Like you, I am hoping they get another Dynamic wide receiver for Stroud. This season has been fun so far but I think the draft will be also.

I don't see a 1st rd rb. Most teams, including those shanny/kubiak guys get rbs in 2nd or later. I do like that cb from Iowa. I really like kitchens and the cb from Clemson. I would draft a dt and still sign 1. WRs are not a priority in my eyes. There will be Tank Dell types all the way to the 4th rd. The qb and scheme can allow the Texans to get one later. I think the secondary needs more help.

24. Bralen Trice Ed
52. Kalen Bullock S
95. Dontay Corleone DL
116. Jamon Dumas-Johnson LB
120. Johnny Dixon CB
Lookie there...all defense!
Another option I like:-
24. Emeka Egbuka WR
52. Tommy Eichenberg LB
95. Mar'Keise (Bucky) Irving RB
116. Matt Goncalves OT
120. Johnny Dixon CB

Last edited:

1. Cb/ S Dejean
2. Rb Trey Benson
3. DT Sweat
4. WR Burton
4. Cb Melton

And I would be ecstatic.
I’ve heard some draft analysts think that he might drop because of medicals, so there might be a possibility. Although I agree that there’s a good chance he’s gone before our pick.

I think we can expect Caserio to do quite a bit of trading in the next draft but I would not trade up for either Benson or Sweat. Too many good running backs available later. Not same for DTs but I don't like Sweat that much. Like you, I am hoping they get another Dynamic wide receiver for Stroud. This season has been fun so far but I think the draft will be also.
Which DTs do you like since you don’t care for Sweat?

24. Bralen Trice Ed
52. Kalen Bullock S
95. Dontay Corleone DL
116. Jamon Dumas-Johnson LB
120. Johnny Dixon CB
Lookie there...all defense!
Another option I like:-
24. Emeka Egbuka WR
52. Tommy Eichenberg LB
95. Mar'Keise (Bucky) Irving RB
116. Matt Goncalves OT
120. Johnny Dixon CB
I don’t know if Corleone would make it to 95, but we all know Caserio like to move around.

I don’t know if Corleone would make it to 95, but we all know Caserio like to move around.
True.
I doubt Bullock falls that low either but ya never know in the draft. Corleone has a better chance of making down to 95 I think.
I wonder if we get any compensatories this time?

How good is this guy?

I haven't watched him.
From PFF:-
"As a redshirt freshman this season, Corleone led all FBS defenders with a 93.8 grade. His 94.7 run-defense grade was also the best mark by a front-seven defender since Micah Parsons in 2019.
Despite ranking just 256th among FBS interior defensive linemen in run-defense snaps (172), “The Godfather” registered the sixth-most run-stops (27). He was no slouch as a pass-rusher either, placing eighth among all defensive tackles in the country with a 15.6% pass-rush win rate."
Definitely need to keep him in mind.

How good is this guy?

I haven't watched him.
I haven’t watched him either. I’ve just heard a few different draft analysts talk about him. I think he’s a late round 2/ early rd 3 guy. He’s also a redshirt sophomore, so there’s no guarantee that he’ll come out.

True.
I doubt Bullock falls that low either but ya never know in the draft. Corleone has a better chance of making down to 95 I think.
I wonder if we get any compensatories this time?
I think comp picks for 2024 draft have already been identified and we don't have any. What we lose in free agency this season will impact the 2025 draft.

How good is this guy?

I haven't watched him.
He is one of my hidden gems. I don’t want to use a 4th on him but we have no 5th or 6th.. now. I do think that Nick will do a lot of swapping around and could end up with a round five which I could see used on Corleone. I don't see him as a season 1 Starter at this point but he does have a lot of interesting skills.

I haven’t watched him either. I’ve just heard a few different draft analysts talk about him. I think he’s a late round 2/ early rd 3 guy. He’s also a redshirt sophomore, so there’s no guarantee that he’ll come out.
I don't know his home financial situation but at this point I would recommend he returns to school and move up the draft boards in 2025. I've seen him as a round four.

He is one of my hidden gems. I don’t want to use a 4th on him but we have no 5th or 6th.. now. I do think that Nick will do a lot of swapping around and could end up with a round five which I could see used on Corleone. I don't see him as a season 1 Starter at this point but he does have a lot of interesting skills.
Corleone won't make it out of the second.

Too soon guys. Injuries, who is resigning among current players, who signs here in FA? Tell me all of that, and then we can talk.

Too soon guys. Injuries, who is resigning among current players, who signs here in FA? Tell me all of that, and then we can talk.
It's too early, for sure. But in general, the Texans have the #2 passing attack. Hard to see any rookie WR this side of Harrison making that much of an impact. The defense is ranked 25th vs the pass. So I might concentrate on the pass rush (probably on the interior) and DBs during the early part of the draft..

It's too early, for sure. But in general, the Texans have the #2 passing attack. Hard to see any rookie WR this side of Harrison making that much of an impact. The defense is ranked 25th vs the pass. So I might concentrate on the pass rush (probably on the interior) and DBs during the early part of the draft..
LBs.. we're woefully talent deprived at LB.

imo

If the advisor board says he's a 2nd or 3rd pick, most times those guys come out especially at smaller, non nil schools

Corleone should onow this is weak draft for DT and do what he thinks best for his family.
It's solid like most drafts. There are always guys who pop that we never see. I mean that's always the case with the draft for the most part. The staff has to project the tools in the scheme. I was watching Kinlaw with 49ers and he seems like he might be finally getting it whereas some guys pop instantly.

Back