Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

would you keep?...

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
Would you keep Eli Manning if it cost you a 4th round pick?

In my fantasy league,
o You may keep up to 2 players, as your 4th and 5th round picks.
o Anyone drafted in the prior year AFTER Round 3 is eligible to be kept.
o 12 team, non PPR, 6pts QB TD.
o Stafford and Cam will be kept by my colleagues.
o I am picking 7th.

Rodgers will go 1.01 or 1.02. Brady and Brees could conceivably be available at 1.07.

Again, would you keep Eli in the 4th? Discuss.

Rick
PS: I have a direction, but I want to test my assumptions by putting the intelligence of the collective to the test.

o Anyone drafted in the prior year AFTER Round 3 is eligible to be kept.

So this means everyone drafted in the first 3 rounds last year goes back in the pool, right?

I'd hang onto him, Rick. He's got good receivers, RB's that catch, and a damn good line. I think he's worth a 4th.

If I didn't have anyone with significantly more value to keep...

Yeah, Id use a fourth on keeping Eli. At worst you are probably breaking even based on where he'd likely be drafted anyway.

I am picking 7th.

Rodgers will go 1.01 or 1.02. Brady and Brees could conceivably be available at 1.07.
I'd probably let Eli go back into the pool. I wouldn't want to find Brady or Brees available with that 1st round pick with a QB already on the roster. You could likely get Eli in the 4th, or someone equivilent (Rivers, Romo). I would roll the dice.

Thanks, guys. @White, yes, they go back in the pool.

I have decided to throw Eli back. I can get him in the 4th anyway, and throwing him back creates options for me. The only other keeper-eligible guys on my roster from last year are Wallace and Decker. I'm not touching Wallace, and I think Decker is not worth a 4th. So, I'm going keeper-free.

Rick

Back