Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Would you be willing to.....

Fred Bennett is coming around nicely and I agree. However from what I have read we are looking at a nine month rehab on DRob's knee, so that puts his target date of return beginning of August. At that point he has missed all of OTA's, two a day's, and the majority of camp. No way is DRob ready to go at the beginning of next season. I would also prepare yourself to have him taking the Spencer route, starting the year on the PUP list then IR'd.

Then you have to ask yourself two questions.

The first being am I willing to go into next season with my number one and number two CB's young and inexperienced to defend against the NFC North, AFC South, and AFC North.

The second question is DHall or Faggins?

To answer your two questions...
1) am I willing to go into next season with my number one and number two CB's young and inexperienced to defend against the NFC North, AFC South, and AFC North
I understand your point but I'd still rather not trade an over-rated, mouthy DeAngelo (sp?) Hall for a first round pick. So if that means we have youngsters on the corners until D-Rob gets back (and I think that'll be next year) then so be it.
According to this website [ http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DB&y=2008 ], there are a bunch of DBs who's contracts will be up this off-season. Let's see what Rick Smith can do with a little money to work with.

2) The second question is DHall or Faggins?
Neither if we can help it. Faggins may not make the squad unless its as a special teamer and Hall just isn't worth a first round pick. And its really D.Hall + a 1st rd pick (the proposed trade) or Faggins (stand pat).

Let's see what magic Rick Smith can do in the off-season now that he has some decent F/A money to barter with. We can do better than Hall. And Faggins probably doesn't make the team next year unless its as a special teamer.

Fred Bennett is coming around nicely and I agree. However from what I have read we are looking at a nine month rehab on DRob's knee, so that puts his target date of return beginning of August. At that point he has missed all of OTA's, two a day's, and the majority of camp. No way is DRob ready to go at the beginning of next season. I would also prepare yourself to have him taking the Spencer route, starting the year on the PUP list then IR'd.

Then you have to ask yourself two questions.

The first being am I willing to go into next season with my number one and number two CB's young and inexperienced to defend against the NFC North, AFC South, and AFC North.

The second question is DHall or Faggins?

Or you move down the board at a lesser value and you take another Bennit prospect at the bottom of the first. There will be several there. We'll see next spring. They plug the hole with an econmical FA guy....
I just don't see them spending this kind of money on two #1 CBs at the detriment of the whole roster. I believe it is a luxuary they can not afford. Maybe I'm wrong but no one else is doing it with success.
Faggins just went back to nickle this week.

Or you move down the board at a lesser value and you take another Bennit prospect at the bottom of the first. There will be several there. We'll see next spring. They plug the hole with an econmical FA guy....
I just don't see them spending this kind of money on two #1 CBs at the detriment of the whole roster. I believe it is a luxuary they can not afford. Maybe I'm wrong but no one else is doing it with success.
Faggins just went back to nickle this week.

THe one benefit of having two lockdown corners is that you can blitz like a mother and not have to worry as much about coverage. Again I asked the question but it was only out of curiousity. We all know the NFL stands for not for long and if Dunta is out for a while then our shaky secondary becomes a REAL issue. I'd hate to see poor Kubes get in hot water because of injuries.

Giving up the 09 pick is a gamble for sure but I think there are pluses and minuses. The media call Hall a shutdown corner, I haven't seen him play all that much - why would I want to watch the Falcons. Some of the posters that watch the Falcons say he is overrated. I posed the question assuming he is a legit number one CB. IF he isn't then there is no point to even consider it.

THe one benefit of having two lockdown corners is that you can blitz like a mother and not have to worry as much about coverage. Again I asked the question but it was only out of curiousity. We all know the NFL stands for not for long and if Dunta is out for a while then our shaky secondary becomes a REAL issue. I'd hate to see poor Kubes get in hot water because of injuries.

Giving up the 09 pick is a gamble for sure but I think there are pluses and minuses. The media call Hall a shutdown corner, I haven't seen him play all that much - why would I want to watch the Falcons. Some of the posters that watch the Falcons say he is overrated. I posed the question assuming he is a legit number one CB. IF he isn't then there is no point to even consider it.

Yes and so far it is working out wonderfuly for Denver this season. Why we have to keep shoveling before we figure out that certain things do not work is beyound me. The hole is five years old and getting deeper. Stop sholveling. Come out of cap hell and the very first thing you do is go right back into cap hell, that make no sence to me. But whatever. The loss of the pittbull is very bad no doubt. But the reason we're living with this putird mess is because we reached for palyers, veteran players, who didn't pan out. I'd just as soon a gamble with a rook as to throw #1 money at a loose canan. Just me I guess.

Back